Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eek, they haven't even charged me yet. I better call them to make sure my order is okay.
Damn you guys...

Your order has been received.
Thank you for your purchase!
So much for laying off the LEs, lol.

**Edit** I take that back, doesn't seem to have taken even after giving me the message.

I have been killing all the enemies in each new area I get to. Problem is exp rate is crap compared to how much it takes to level and I'm not seeing a noticeable difference. Plus it annoyingly requires transforming to kill the medium sized enemies in the area before the boss

Considering the warning for the giant enemies I'm more than likely no where near the level to fight one of those. Healing is also borderline useless since enemies can tend to out dps a heal it serves its purpose outside battle but during not so much. Maybe if noire was still in the party that way I could have 2 attacking units and one on healing. Plutias ability I think only activates when you become friends with her after so many battles which neptune doesn't seem to have a good rating for her yet. Plus even if I were to use said ability I'd lose a party member doing so.

Managed to kill the dragon but it took a long time.
Uh, wow, do you have the game on high difficulty or something? You can always adjust the difficult setting for a boss fight then change it back later, if you are playing the game for trophies, this one is a lot more lenient that the past ones, and difficulty doesn't impact the trophies. Either way, I really hope you stick with the game, it gets better once you unlock most of the characters, there's even a nice surprise waiting on the last chapter. Some of the Plutia dialogue is hilarious and they use the plot again in the anime adaptation. It seems rough at first but the game rewards you with new skills, extra moves, and increases your EX moves bar as you progress.

One last tip I can give is for you to choose your moves wisely. In Neptunia games, you usually weaken the boss' shield gauge (Blue) first, then once they get guard crushed, attack their HP (Green). It's important to save your AP moves until you guard break them. The multi hitting moves are just to build up your combo meter, which you don't really need for a boss fight if it is full before the boss.

While we're talking about VAs, I honestly think female English VAs are kind of weak. The majority of them don't have that really unique stand out voice. The last female VA I thought was amazing was the one who voiced Tommy Pickles from Rugrats/Buttercup from Powerpuff girls, Tara Strong. If you listen to the female Japanese sieyuu, you can start to differentiate pretty fast between them. There's a lot of unique voices in their industry. 

The type I hate the most are Asian American VAs. They have that inflection common among Asian American women that I absolutely loathe. Most likely because I grew up around that. It's definitely NOT the accent (if present) I'm talking about, it's something a little more subtle.

While we're talking about VAs, I honestly think female English VAs are kind of weak. The majority of them don't have that really unique stand out voice. The last female VA I thought was amazing was the one who voiced Tommy Pickles from Rugrats/Buttercup from Powerpuff girls, Tara Strong. If you listen to the female Japanese sieyuu, you can start to differentiate pretty fast between them. There's a lot of unique voices in their industry.

The type I hate the most are Asian American VAs. They have that inflection common among Asian American women that I absolutely loathe. Most likely because I grew up around that. It's definitely NOT the accent (if present) I'm talking about, it's something a little more subtle.
Whoever does Bayonetta is a good VA, what I hate the most is things like the Atelier Ayesha PS3 voice. That was so grating and made it hard for me to play the game.

Yeah, I couldn't find a sealed vita copy but bought a sealed ps3 version. And if you're looking for DW8 Xtreme Legends vita to add to your collection, I got that on Best Buy instead for $16 after GCU (same $20 regular price).
hah, man were on the same wavelength. I noticed that when i was looking stuff up and got a copy for me and one for my niece. She likes button mashy stuff like that. Never did find a copy of Deception IV unfortunatly. I actually HAVe one for ps3 and vita, i just wanted a 2nd copy.

In the end with the gamestop sale i think i got sealed copies of the following:

One piece for vita (finally found one when i went to visit my grandma today)

Atelier Rorona Plus

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends (via best buy) X2

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE (amazon) X2

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (vita) via amazon

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection

Mugen Souls Z (told myself i wouldn't buy this crap because its censored but figured at $15 why the hell not)

Ar No Surge

Most were extras as i already had copies

never found either Atelier Escha & Logy, or Deception IV sealed anywhere unfortunately =( I was considering Arcana heart 3, but i think it will drop to $20 before i bite.

One thing worth mentioning. I noticed Tales of Hearts R is 29.99 now at gamestop. Snagged an extra copy since it was GS exclusive before it becomes really hard to find sealed.

Wow. The Re;Birth 1 English dub is absolutely terrible. So is the dialogue in the opening. Does it get better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqj2iQ5DA3c
thats really not that bad at all. Not great but not horrid. Ive heard way worst

sorry to ask this question here, but does any1 here shop from newegg. i have not purchased from newegg for over one year. i just bought a few items last week, and they arrived today. when i opened up the package, there was no invoice paper of my order, is that normal?
no, thats not normal. They pretty much always throw an invoice in there. I always use it to check off that i got everything

Toukiden: Kiwami is now available to pre-order from Best Buy for anyone that wants it on release and would rather have the GCU discount than preorder bonuses.

Toukiden: Kiwami is now available to pre-order from Best Buy for anyone that wants it on release and would rather have the GCU discount than preorder bonuses.
Is that a sequel to the last game? Also what preorder bonus are you refering to? I still havent played the original, i really should give it a go, i hear its decent

Is that a sequel to the last game? Also what preorder bonus are you refering to? I still havent played the original, i really should give it a go, i hear its decent
I believe Toukiden: Kiwami is an expansion of the original game. There is supposed to be twice the amount of enemies, extended story, new characters, and new equipment. One can transfer data from the original game to Kiwami.

The preorder bonuses are as followed. Gamestop has armor based on the main story's slayers. Amazon provides 2 pieces of armor: Chthonian Fiend Mask and Tenko Gloves.

As for giving it a go, I think there's a demo for the original Toukiden.

It's usually not the VAs, more so the direction and the fact it's a dub over another language. A lot of English dubs of Japanese things try to make the female VAs sound exactly like the original Japanese VAs, which just does not work in English. NISA dubs are an example of this from what I recall, but I haven't listened to one in a long time.

A good example I can think of is Cowboy Bebop. The English dub tried their best to give everyone VAs that sounded like the Japanese voices, but they realized that trying to make Faye sound exactly like Hayashibara Megumi's voice would sound stupid in English.

So this question isn't Japanese niche, but I figured this might be the best place to ask. Does anyone know if there was a release of Resident Evil (Biohazard) HD Remaster for PS4 that was physical in Japan/Asia regions? I recall reading an article that they were the only region getting a physical disc edition, but I can't seem to find it anywhere (all I find is the physical pack that has the DLC code and a soundtrack disc).
I thought it was just the ps3 version that has a physical disc. It's being sold on PA for $35, but I'm holding off purchasing at that price since it's capped at 30 fps, not 60.

Tara Strong didn't voice either of those characters -- EG Daily did. Tara strong did Bubbles and Dil. Tara does sound a lot like EG though.

Tara Strong didn't voice either of those characters -- EG Daily did. Tara strong did Bubbles and Dil. Tara does sound a lot like EG though.
Ah yeah, you're right. Was way too late for me. But I can't think of a more versatile VA than her. She's like a modern day Mel Blanc (Looney Tunes).

no, thats not normal. They pretty much always throw an invoice in there. I always use it to check off that i got everything
thanks for the answer, i checked for over an hour last night, there was no inovice. so i had to log into my newegg acct to double check, if i received everything. even my amazon package today from usps did not come with invoice. i guess companies are going being cheap, and trying to find different ways to cut cost

Ah yeah, you're right. Was way too late for me. But I can't think of a more versatile VA than her. She's like a modern day Mel Blanc (Looney Tunes).
I wouldn't go that far. Definitely one of the best American VAs in the past 20 years, but as good as Mel Blanc? I don't think so.

Im not sure why people don't like the American VO for Hyperdimension Neptunia. I think its cute, and the girls who do the voices, at least in my opinion, voice the characters exactly how I imagine them speaking in my head. They are cute, and bubbly, which fits the game well in my opinion. Although I do want underling's voice to be a little higher pitch.

Uh, wow, do you have the game on high difficulty or something? You can always adjust the difficult setting for a boss fight then change it back later, if you are playing the game for trophies, this one is a lot more lenient that the past ones, and difficulty doesn't impact the trophies. Either way, I really hope you stick with the game, it gets better once you unlock most of the characters, there's even a nice surprise waiting on the last chapter. Some of the Plutia dialogue is hilarious and they use the plot again in the anime adaptation. It seems rough at first but the game rewards you with new skills, extra moves, and increases your EX moves bar as you progress.

One last tip I can give is for you to choose your moves wisely. In Neptunia games, you usually weaken the boss' shield gauge (Blue) first, then once they get guard crushed, attack their HP (Green). It's important to save your AP moves until you guard break them. The multi hitting moves are just to build up your combo meter, which you don't really need for a boss fight if it is full before the boss.
I don't think the game has difficulty settings. and yeah I already know about using triangle for the rush gauge then spamming break attacks until guard broke then spam square. I leveled up to 13 now after killing the boss and 7 more dragons finally. Also changed my attacks to have 3 squares 2 triangles and 2 x. also added pluties one lightning attack so that she does crazy nice damage in a single hit. though it has nothing on that 400sp skill attack. 6k + makes her outdo what her and neptune can combined in one turn.

In the end with the gamestop sale i think i got sealed copies of the following

One thing worth mentioning. I noticed Tales of Hearts R is 29.99 now at gamestop. Snagged an extra copy since it was GS exclusive before it becomes really hard to find sealed.
Nice haul. Hearts r isn't going to become rare though. Between it seemingly getting a reprint around launch because of people ordering like mad on bamco's site, and it still being readily available at gs and on the site I don't see it happening. Plus if it was rare it wouldn't be going on sale.

rqm5ttqc7brh33ggiace.png

It was a blink and youll miss it moment, but Metal Gear Rising 2 was teased at the Taipei Game Show.

For someone oblivious to HDNR;1 (or however that's acronym'd), is the expectation a visual novel w/ some battles or vice versa?  I've never been a fan of old NIS games featuring a ton of talking stills/heads, but this one seems to be getting some clamor more than usual.  Usually a bigger fan of Atlus stuffs and Tales Of series. 

Just got my Neptunia Rebirth;2 CE and the calendar is much bigger than I thought.

I gotta say that June has the best graphic, and uh... if you are putting it up, you might want to skip August.

Did they reveal what nonsense word will be serving as the subtitle?
Ohhh let's guess!

"Regulatency"
"Divergenicide"

It can have whatever dumb name they want if its as good or better than the first.

Defenestrationing.

I would buy day 1 if they used that even though I didn't like the first game much. Raiden was a shitty character. It should have starred Samurai Jack instead.
...damn, now you've made me sad...

Samurai Jack: Akuniverse

I'll stop now.

I believe Toukiden: Kiwami is an expansion of the original game. There is supposed to be twice the amount of enemies, extended story, new characters, and new equipment. One can transfer data from the original game to Kiwami.

The preorder bonuses are as followed. Gamestop has armor based on the main story's slayers. Amazon provides 2 pieces of armor: Chthonian Fiend Mask and Tenko Gloves.

As for giving it a go, I think there's a demo for the original Toukiden.
thanks for the heads up. I actually have a copy i believe when walmart was having it cheap. But if theres a demo maybe i'll just play that to see if i even want to get into it.

It's usually not the VAs, more so the direction and the fact it's a dub over another language. A lot of English dubs of Japanese things try to make the female VAs sound exactly like the original Japanese VAs, which just does not work in English. NISA dubs are an example of this from what I recall, but I haven't listened to one in a long time.

A good example I can think of is Cowboy Bebop. The English dub tried their best to give everyone VAs that sounded like the Japanese voices, but they realized that trying to make Faye sound exactly like Hayashibara Megumi's voice would sound stupid in English.
Cowboy Bebop is one of the few shows i actually prefer the dub to the sub. Im not sure id agree with your statement there that they tried to make them sound just like the JP voice actors. To me the english Spike sounds much gruffer. One of the best dubs out there IMO. Though most of the background characters sound terrible

thanks for the answer, i checked for over an hour last night, there was no inovice. so i had to log into my newegg acct to double check, if i received everything. even my amazon package today from usps did not come with invoice. i guess companies are going being cheap, and trying to find different ways to cut cost
actually it is worth mentioning i have gotten some packages from BBY with missing invoices lately. But ive been ordering a LOT of crap from them lately. Dont recall anything missing from amazon or newegg though.

Actually about newegg: anyone subscribed to their deals newsletter? I havent gotten any since around Xmas. All i get is those shitty neweggflash ones that are worthless. ANyone gotten one of their real sales ads lately?

Nice haul. Hearts r isn't going to become rare though. Between it seemingly getting a reprint around launch because of people ordering like mad on bamco's site, and it still being readily available at gs and on the site I don't see it happening. Plus if it was rare it wouldn't be going on sale.
ah thanks for the heads up. Didn't know about a reprint. Still, doesn't hurt to have an extra copy. I never really sell my stuff anyway, i'll either just keep it or have it as a gift for a friend or something

So, regarding the status on the htOL orders and Paypal from the NIS store. Did anyone get an update? The LE and standard are Out of stock on their site. I sent them an email about this a while ago and never got a response. I hope we're not fucked.

edit: Also tried Durante's OpenGL interceptor... Some things unfortunately stick out like a sore thumb at1080p. I also get frame rate drops (i can more than run the game. Just ended going back to running the game vanilla...

So, regarding the status on the htOL orders and Paypal from the NIS store. Did anyone get an update? The LE and standard are Out of stock on their site. I sent them an email about this a while ago and never got a response. I hope we're not fucked.

edit: Also tried Durante's OpenGL interceptor... Some things unfortunately stick out like a sore thumb at1080p. I also get frame rate drops (i can more than run the game. Just ended going back to running the game vanilla...
I asked them what orders were borked and the CS rep told me my Criminal Girls, Shallie, and Fate Ultimatum LEs had the paypal issues and didn't mention the Firefly Diary order from 11/19. I sent another reply for clarification, but i'm still waiting.

I would just call Nisa personally, they take awhile to respond to emails and each time I have called I have had a much better cs experience.

Woweezow crap is getting out of hand with the tales of zestiria hate.  making death threats against the character artist is taking things waay too far.  Happy the jpn fanbase is finally sticking up for itself but yeahhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back