Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious how high people's order numbers were for the Rebirth 2 and Noire Limited Editions? I would like to have a general idea of how many they sold. Also I feel like order numbers didn't start at 1.
mine was around 6500 or so i believe, and i ordered right as it changed, was refreshing the page. SO yea i guess the order numbers just continued from where they left off on the other ones

mine was around 6500 or so i believe, and i ordered right as it changed, was refreshing the page. SO yea i guess the order numbers just continued from where they left off on the other ones
It definitely continued from where it left off, but I think the numbers started around 3400 or so, which would mean about 3100 Rebirth 2's sold since that went live (not accounting for cancelled orders). I was guessing the print run was around 5000 units, and idea factory said it's running out so I think this supports my theory.

It definitely continued from where it left off, but I think the numbers started around 3400 or so, which would mean about 3100 Rebirth 2's sold since that went live (not accounting for cancelled orders). I was guessing the print run was around 5000 units, and idea factory said it's running out so I think this supports my theory.
hmm, theory may be right but numbers would be off, because my rebirth 2 order number was in the high 4000's. So if thats the case they probaly started at just over 5000 or so

My Re;birth2 order number was in the 3300's and someone else in this thread said they had 3200's.

i heard criminal girl should ship today when i talk to rep on phone like two days ago.
I'll be happy if they finally give me confirmation for my order. They've charged me, and NISA has always been good to me, so I'll be patient. Almost platinumed Akiba's Trip, so I'm slowly cutting into my backlog only to add something in its place, le sigh.

My criminal girls arrived today. They came from Thailand, not Japan though.

Wait...What are we talking about?

topic related: Are there any PS3 CE/LE that are available for preorder that are sub $125 (of any game)?

Thanks!!

Is there anything I should do before buying from NIS? Is there a referral, CashBack, or coupon codes?

These are exclusive to their website right?

How is Noire being received in Japan? Wikipedia says Famitsu have it 31/40, but I don't know what their usual scores look like to know how good that is. I'd like a good srpg to play, I just don't know if I should go for this one.

Thanks!!

Is there anything I should do before buying from NIS? Is there a referral, CashBack, or coupon codes?

These are exclusive to their website right?
Make an account before ordering. You get points for orders that you can use for discounts later. I think that's it.

For most people free shipping is fine. I always get my LE's from them a day before release using free shipping.

Thank you for the info! I figured the 59.99 version is the way to go. The extra $5 for a coin and both sets of postcards made that decision easy.

If they actually had different boxes for each version, I think the decision would have been more difficult. Pre order complete!

Was NIS the one that was notoriously bad with packaging, or were they the ones that had exceptional packaging?

Thank you for the info! I figured the 59.99 version is the way to go. The extra $5 for a coin and both sets of postcards made that decision easy.

If they actually had different boxes for each version, I think the decision would have been more difficult. Pre order complete!

Was NIS the one that was notoriously bad with packaging, or were they the ones that had exceptional packaging?
They're exceptionally good. Thick bubble wrap all the way around and ships in a box. When they switched to a new distributor last summer or so (I think it was around then?) they shipped out one in bubble mailers, but replaced people's outer boxes if they were damaged or the whole LE if you didn't want to open yours.

Some people are having problems with PayPal orders placed over 30 days ago. They switched to a new system and the authorizations are expiring. I think a new order like yours should be fine though. They typically try to reauthorize payment a week before the product ships and let you know if there are any problems.

In short, they don't have problems often but every time they've had problems they've worked to make it right from my experience.

I agree. If I had to choose what character I wanted on the outer box I would've gone Devil all the way instead of Ultimate. :p

Iffys Online Store seems to have some pretty great packaging skills, and for free shipping its 2 day priority mail.
Yes, I was very, very happy with the volume of bubble wrap and the really nice quality boxes they used to ship their first direct to consumers LE. Mine arrived in pristine shape. Certainly better than what was used for the first IFFY LE when they sold it through Amazon.

Yes, I was very, very happy with the volume of bubble wrap and the really nice quality boxes they used to ship their first direct to consumers LE. Mine arrived in pristine shape. Certainly better than what was used for the first IFFY LE when they sold it through Amazon.
I've been lucky with all of my orders through NISA. The only time I've ever gotten a crumpled LE was whenever I ordered from Atlus and my Conception II box was almost flattened.

ATLUS Persona Stream begins @8pm PST today.

aigwPHx.png

Ended up canceling my pre-order from Amazon because of this video. I don't know why, but I thought the statue would look more like the Witcher 3 statue. I probably would have kept it if Best Buy had it and I could get it with GCU.
Which one actual one we're getting or the one they bullshotted to convince everyone to pre-order?

Which one actual one we're getting or the one they bullshotted to convince everyone to pre-order?
I guess I wasn't really talking about the quality (although I didn't think the real Witcher statue looked that bad), but the size. The Gore Magala is loot crate size. Plus, I don't know, I thought the supply box would look better.

I apparently accidentally ordered 3 copies total of Criminal Girls -- 2 LEs and 1 normal. The LEs came today. The keychains were in the box, in baggies. Don't know what slidecage was complaining about.

Might play it tomorrow when I get my regular copy, but I'll probably be playing Rogue Legacy....
Was your keychain in the shipping box in baggies or in the box with the game -sound track

my keychain was just in the bubble wrap outside of the gamebox itself. They were pushing the keychain as part of the limited ed i was going to keep the item sealed so cant call it complete if the keychain is not in the Box with the game-cd-book

good luck calling NIS called them 3 times about this and emailed them never heard a thing or got a phone call back (always says leave a message and they get back to you)

Was your keychain in the shipping box in baggies or in the box with the game -sound track

my keychain was just in the bubble wrap outside of the gamebox itself. They were pushing the keychain as part of the limited ed i was going to keep the item sealed so cant call it complete if the keychain is not in the Box with the game-cd-book

good luck calling NIS called them 3 times about this and emailed them never heard a thing or got a phone call back (always says leave a message and they get back to you)
Yeah looks like everyone LE is like that.

really wouldnt

Yeah looks like everyone LE is like that.
wouldnt really call that piece part of an le though. not in the sealed box = no part of the item

got an email saying they will not take it back unless i pay to ship it back to them what will cost like 10 bucks (probaly) could just screw them over and call up the credit card company and say item was not as described. Not really care if i get banned from the site... will probaly now be forced to keep it but doubt i buy anything else from them

really wouldnt

wouldnt really call that piece part of an le though. not in the sealed box = no part of the item

got an email saying they will not take it back unless i pay to ship it back to them what will cost like 10 bucks (probaly) could just screw them over and call up the credit card company and say item was not as described. Not really care if i get banned from the site
Very true, kind of wierd that it wasn't inside the box itself. Now i have to find a way to store it together or just put it inside the game case.

really wouldnt

got an email saying they will not take it back unless i pay to ship it back to them what will cost like 10 bucks (probaly) could just screw them over and call up the credit card company and say item was not as described. Not really care if i get banned from the site
How was it not as described? You got everything that was promised. There is no rule that to be an LE or CE, everything has to be in one sealed box. Nothing in the listing says the keychain will be sealed in the collector's box. Indeed, NIS has done similar LEs in the past where a figurine was in the original Japanese box and included as part of the LE, but not in the same sealed box.

How was it not as described? You got everything that was promised. There is no rule that to be an LE or CE, everything has to be in one sealed box. Nothing in the listing says the keychain will be sealed in the collector's box. Indeed, NIS has done similar LEs in the past where a figurine was in the original Japanese box and included as part of the LE, but not in the same sealed box.
could say no where does it state that the keychain is NOT sealed with the sealed game and will be placed outside of the box either.

also the keychain is not even sealed in anything just in a loose bag (hell i didnt even get a bag) i would not call that new its like tossing in junk they had lying around the office

just saying people can very easy file disputes over this. I have never seen a figurine that was just placed in a plastic bag they always come in a sealed box. the key chain was not even sealed it was like these are left over from something else and they just tossed them in (wonder if they were left overs from a EU or japan set)

could say no where does it state that the keychain is NOT sealed with the sealed game and will be placed outside of the box either.

also the keychain is not even sealed in anything just in a loose bag (hell i didnt even get a bag) i would not call that new its like tossing in junk they had lying around the office

just saying people can very easy file disputes over this. I have never seen a figurine that was just placed in a plastic bag they always come in a sealed box. the key chain was not even sealed it was like these are left over from something else and they just tossed them in (wonder if they were left overs from a EU or japan set)
Sure, assuming you have a good relationship with your credit card company, you probably can file a dispute and win. Having said that, I think you're in the wrong here. You received the game, soundtrack and art book sealed in an exclusive collector's box. The keychain probably wouldn't have fit in the box very well and is still exclusive to this set. Unless you specifically asked NIS about how this would be packed prior to ordering and they flat out lied to you, I think your position is unreasonable.

slidecage is an idiot, surprised everyone doesn't simply ignore him by now. Most irrational person I've ever had the displeasure of reading messages from on a forum.

Sure, assuming you have a good relationship with your credit card company, you probably can file a dispute and win. Having said that, I think you're in the wrong here. You received the game, soundtrack and art book sealed in an exclusive collector's box. The keychain probably wouldn't have fit in the box very well and is still exclusive to this set. Unless you specifically asked NIS about how this would be packed prior to ordering and they flat out lied to you, I think your position is unreasonable.
Im saying people could pull it. nowhere does it say the keychain is by itself it made it look like it was a set when the fact its not. Just saying they need to list the stuff better at least

slidecage is an idiot, surprised everyone doesn't simply ignore him by now. Most irrational person I've ever had the displeasure of reading messages from on a forum.
like i care what a welfare section 8 fucker thinks of me

Im saying people could pull it. nowhere does it say the keychain is by itself it made it look like it was a set when the fact its not. Just saying they need to list the stuff better at least

What happened to you man. Just last year you were posting troll listings on amazon now you're not even amusing

lol dude you're like one of the stupidest fucks on these forums. 9.5/10 times people disagree with everything you say. Do you not THINK about what you're saying before you write it? You also wanted to file a CC report against Square for a dinged Kingdom Hearts box remember? Low IQ as shit... LISTEN to yourself. Now you're mad because a keychain was on the outside of the sealed box? Stop posting please...

Or you guys can, you know, stop quoting him so people like me who already had him on ignore wouldn't have to see what he's saying. Just sayin'.

w4uvu50.png

lol dude you're like one of the stupidest fucks on these forums. 9.5/10 times people disagree with everything you say. Do you not THINK about what you're saying before you write it? You also wanted to file a CC report against Square for a dinged Kingdom Hearts box remember? Low IQ as shit... LISTEN to yourself. Now you're mad because a keychain was on the outside of the sealed box? Stop posting please...
like i said i really dont care what a welfare has to say. Guess what maybe get a fucking job

said

could just screw them over and call up the credit card company and say item was not as described

Where the fuck did i say I Was . Was making a point that people could screw them over very easy. Who the fuck cause if they get ban they just make up a new account this these welfare fuckers on this site that do it every fucking day

Every time there is a price mistake somewhere. O THERES A PRICE MISTAKE SO EVERY JUMP ON THE DEAL TO fuck OVER A COMPANY YEA THESE fuckS ON THIS SITE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT

and like i said do you really think i really care what you section 8 welfare fucks who sit on their asses every day think o the rich dont pay their fair share maybe your stupid fucks should get off your asses and stop having your fucking babies and go find a fucking job ,

I know this isn't really a niche game, but are all of you buying the CE of bloodborne? Or are you going to try to import the more expensive ce?

I know this isn't really a niche game, but are all of you buying the CE of bloodborne? Or are you going to try to import the more expensive ce?
It's actually a really lame cawadoody tier CE. 20 bucks extra for a steelbook and a flimsy artbook? No thanks

Cmooooooon Persona 3: Azure for Vita. I've been holding off on playing it for the chance that we might get it
????

on the subject of p5 I hope they show off a better time management system or at the very least put the dungeon crawling back to nights again like it was in p3. p4 forcing it to days was just dumb. You barely have anything to do at night in the games as is. They could at least allow all social links from say school work at night too.

I really really hope they don't force filler sections in again either like hurricane, school trips, sports crap ect where you can't do anything.

Would be nice if they brought back 3's dungeon commands and shuffle system.

Oh and to the mods. Thanks.

It's actually a really lame cawadoody tier CE. 20 bucks extra for a steelbook and a flimsy artbook? No thanks
I preordered one today on AZN because I thought it may have been "rare" (since it sold out at GS), but I think I am going to cancel it. I know it will eventually be a GH game (assuming they still have those on PS4). I'm just curious what you all think as a value the opinions of the people in this thread.

I preordered one today on AZN because I thought it may have been "rare" (since it sold out at GS), but I think I am going to cancel it. I know it will eventually be a GH game (assuming they still have those on PS4). I'm just curious what you all think as a value the opinions of the people in this thread.
They're still available on amazon and best buy, I don't think it'll end up being a rare thing considering it's pretty lackluster

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back