Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked pretty willing to show her feminine side too. Not even buttoned up!
gallery_349297_8234_71988.gif

Looks too classy.

Just got the mail from Sekai Project for Grisaia Trilogy. Apparently 18+ physical versions are impossible in the backerkit. It's a shame but I'll still get the consumer version since I like what they're doing and what to support Frontwing and VN's in the West. I just wish that it didn't feel like I was paying $120 for incomplete content. Not that I really wanted the 18+ versions for 'te plot' since they do nothing for me but there are incredibly important points tied into each route that deal with explicit content. Amane's being forefront but even Sachi's has it. Michiru...eh, she could use it or not. 

Guess I'll have to pay another $40 for the 18+ digital version.

Checked my mail today and I too got my htoL#NiQ LE. No shipment confirmation or anything.

Also, anyone have an opinion on Valhalla Knights 3? I heard the game was a bit of a dud but for $6 I'm tempted to give it a whirl.
i got it for like 10 year or so ago, played it for an hour and just forgot about it

Just got the mail from Sekai Project for Grisaia Trilogy. Apparently 18+ physical versions are impossible in the backerkit. It's a shame but I'll still get the consumer version since I like what they're doing and what to support Frontwing and VN's in the West. I just wish that it didn't feel like I was paying $120 for incomplete content. Not that I really wanted the 18+ versions for 'te plot' since they do nothing for me but there are incredibly important points tied into each route that deal with explicit content. Amane's being forefront but even Sachi's has it. Michiru...eh, she could use it or not.

Guess I'll have to pay another $40 for the 18+ digital version.
I thought they were speaking with Front Wing to do something about that.

Naoto seemed pretty willing to dance with Rise. XD
You and me, Turtle! DANCING FOR ALL ETERNITY! EEEEEEEK, the fangasm at that trailer. Except... I hate Rise's Japanese voice. Sounds quite annoying tbh.

I ordered the htoL#NiQ LE, but I think that'll just be a game I never play. Truly.. just for collection. Didn't have any interest in the game to begin with, but bought it b/c... obligatory NISA slut I guess.

Added $100 to my PSN wallet in prepartion for the jRPG explosion that is tomorrow. Finally getting SAO, and probably a bunch of Atelier +s.

Ooh man, being a new owner of a pstv is going to hurt my wallet tomorrow. Those RPGs shall be mine!! Sucks that i only got the base pstv with 1gb. I need to find a memory card and that will add to the cost. Maybe I can skip them and try to get physical. Always love physical games. What do you guys think on the prices for the sale compared to physical prices in general? Thanks for the input as well. Also, undecided on whether to get the grisaia $120 physical copy of the all consumers edition or just get the michiru add on and wait for a hopeful physical edition of the 18+ version. What scares me is that I skip out on the physical edition and the physical 18+ edition never happens as it seems it is still under discussion. My wallet is crying...

You and me, Turtle! DANCING FOR ALL ETERNITY! EEEEEEEK, the fangasm at that trailer. Except... I hate Rise's Japanese voice. Sounds quite annoying tbh.

I ordered the htoL#NiQ LE, but I think that'll just be a game I never play. Truly.. just for collection. Didn't have any interest in the game to begin with, but bought it b/c... obligatory NISA slut I guess.

Added $100 to my PSN wallet in prepartion for the jRPG explosion that is tomorrow. Finally getting SAO, and probably a bunch of Atelier +s.
Like the sheep I am, I purchased the physical copy of Sword Art Online, as well as the digital copy even though they're the exact same game. Anyways, I have to say its a pretty fun game. The original PSP part goes pretty quickly. The Hollow Fragment is a little slower and more non-linear. I thought it was a pretty great game. Just wished I wouldn't have taken a break from it.

I'd also purchase the Atelier games if I didn't own copies of the original. Just can't see myself spending the money right now.

Definitely Def! Hoping for more Character Trailers. Yea, Im not that into Rie voicing Rise but oh well.

Now only if they add the Golden Epilogue Costumes. And Margaret. And Dojima.

Wow, I'm about to spend too much on digital Vita games it'll take me forever to get to! Still haven't played any of the Atelier games, any recommendations on a good starting point (and maybe a second lol)?

Wow, I'm about to spend too much on digital Vita games it'll take me forever to get to! Still haven't played any of the Atelier games, any recommendations on a good starting point (and maybe a second lol)?
The series progression is as follows:

Arland: Rorona -> Totori -> Meruru

Dusk: Ayesha -> Escha & Logy -> Shallie (not yet released)

So start with Rorona Plus.

Rorona > Totori > Meruru

They don't go on sale often so you might wanna pick them all up now.

Don't forget to buy before 11:59pm tomorrow if you're gonna spend over $100 to get $15 back.

And keep in mind it might be cheaper to get a ps plus sub to bring the prices down. I'm gonna be using my 14 day trial for this.

After some thought, I remembered I suck at rhythm games, so I'm gonna pass on Miku. Will probably just pick up Ateliers, Tales, and SAO. Couple that with the Muramasa I bought last week, I should just be over $100.

Rorona, Totori and Meruru is a trilogy.

Ayesha, Esca, and Shallie is the current trilogy.

There will likely be a new trilogy after that.

I expect you all to use my guide for the first trilogy on GameFAQs. Working on guides for the new trilogy.

They don't go on sale often so you might wanna pick them all up now.
Correct. I believe this is the second time that the digital-only Atelier Plus games have gone on sale since they first released Totori Plus here, the first one they made a plus version for. So I think that makes it around two years we've had two sales on it essentially? Last one I want to say was around a year ago.

In other words, if you're interested in a discount on them it's probably better on getting in on it now or you probably won't see another sale for a year if we're lucky. It'll probably be around the same sale price too, so I doubt waiting for a cheaper price will be worth it.

What fast, consistent responses. Thanks everyone!
That's 'cause we're cuh-razy about alchemy and cute girls.

Correct. I believe this is the second time that the digital-only Atelier Plus games have gone on sale since they first released Totori Plus here, the first one they made a plus version for. So I think that makes it around two years we've had two sales on it essentially? Last one I want to say was around a year ago.

In other words, if you're interested in a discount on them it's probably better on getting in on it now or you probably won't see another sale for a year if we're lucky. It'll probably be around the same sale price too, so I doubt waiting for a cheaper price will be worth it.
Yeah, last time was golden week sale. Totori and Meruru went down to $20 after psplus. Rorona wasn't out yet.

I dunno if it'll be in golden week again. Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't chance it.

Has anyone played Let's Fish! Hooked on?

What's it like? For $3 I might pick it up as an afterthought.

I'll probably buy Arland, Totori, & Meruru and assume I'll enjoy them. Now if I could just get Paypal to accept my money for the cheap PSN credit (I'm having checkout issues like a lot of others)...

Totori/Meruru were on sale last May for Golden Week. Didn't keep track after, cause I already bought it. First time for Rorona.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc4Res4zkJk[/media]

7 minute video of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. If you haven't realized, the Character Designer for the game is the same guy who worked on SMT: Devil Survivor.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc4Res4zkJk[/media]

7 minute video of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. If you haven't realized, the Character Designer for the game is the same guy who worked on SMT: Devil Survivor.
wow lazy artist is lazy at 1:26 Unless its a kinda reference cameo sorta thing. As for the game itself it looks pretty damn good. Kinda like a weird cross .hacks system and smt. Having access to some of the cool monsters is also a nice plus. angel and devil womans and shot gun dude would totally be in my party xD

Just for reference, my le Htol arrived today as well. I paid with Paypal, had to make a manual repay, and didn't get a shipping notification.

Are you reminding us that we won't be getting this? Because that's a very mean thing to do.
I gave up and decided to import. I don't know an ounce of Japanese and will heavily depend on my phone (Google Translate app) to copy and paste stuff onto translation sites (google does a poor job with asian language).

Thanks everyone who mentioned they received their HtoL#NiQ today. Most of my packages come UPS and are dropped at the front door, but I remembered NIS uses USPS, which drops in my mailbox I only grab once a week. Sure enough, mine was there too.

Did everyone who didn't recieve shipping notice have to put in a manual order due to the PayPal issue?

Firefly Diary got to me as well today with no shipping notice of any sort. Had to manually resubmit payment so it's looking like a trend.

I'm going to have to call NISA today.  I just checked my store account and my HTOL#NIQ is still showing as Processing.  Anyone else have their order not ship yet?

I'm going to have to call NISA today. I just checked my store account and my HTOL#NIQ is still showing as Processing. Anyone else have their order not ship yet?
Several people reported getting their copies yesterday despite their account showing the order as Processing and not receiving any shipment notification, so give it another day or so.

What do you guys think on the prices for the sale compared to physical prices in general?
Most of the JRPGs going on sale today didn't get physical releases. The Atelier games are cheaper than they've ever been and rarely go on sale. SAO's never been cheaper either.

Also, undecided on whether to get the grisaia $120 physical copy of the all consumers edition or just get the michiru add on and wait for a hopeful physical edition of the 18+ version. What scares me is that I skip out on the physical edition and the physical 18+ edition never happens as it seems it is still under discussion. My wallet is crying...
The only physical game you can get through backerkit is chiruchiru, unfortunately.

Nice sale but Tales of Hearts R is the only game I'm interested in and haven't bought already. Not sure if I'll grab it this week or wait for it to go on sale again.

How come MH4 is suddenly hard to find? That's even just the standard ed of athe game...
I've been looking for a physical copy since last week. Finally just gave up and got the digital last night. Ridiculous that its impossible to find a physical copy a week after release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back