Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JAlbertL']I've been waiting for that to drop. I'm going to go pick that up today then. Did you get a sealed copy or was it just the floor copy.[/QUOTE]

I owned wii version but end up picked up last sealed copy at my local GS 30 minutes ago :)

I got a floor copy. Game was sealed though.

[quote name='JAlbertL']I've been waiting for that to drop. I'm going to go pick that up today then. Did you get a sealed copy or was it just the floor copy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tempius']I got a floor copy. Game was sealed though.[/QUOTE]
The floor copy at my closest gamestop had the box pretty beat up. I hope they have one behind the counter.

I didnt even think to ask for a sealed copy. My floor copy was in pretty good shape though so it didnt bother me to much. If I think about I might exchange for a sealed one at my local gamestop. They are dicks there though.

I just got the floor box, which was in great shape, and since the game itself was sealed I was satisfied considering the price.

The prices for the various Disgaea 4 packs through the NISA Store has been released. I just got an e-mail from them because I had signed up for the pre-order notification on it.

Standard - $49.99
Premium - $59.99
Super Premium - $119.99

[quote name='scott_matthews']The prices for the various Disgaea 4 packs through the NISA Store has been released. I just got an e-mail from them because I had signed up for the pre-order notification on it.

Standard - $49.99
Premium - $59.99
Super Premium - $119.99[/QUOTE]

I wonder if those nine figures are worth the extra $60.

[quote name='Zann']Sengoku Basara is down to $19.99. :eek:[/QUOTE]

WHOAH!!! That is the lowest I have seen it...buying it right now... just need to find something around $5.01 for free shipping...hehe...

AMAZON
Z.H.P is no longer 19.99
prinny 2 drop'd to 17.68
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble 19.99
phantom brave 19.96 (haven't kept up with this but anything under or at 20 is a deal to me)
Disgaea: afternoon of darkness 12.19

[quote name='JimmyJim']AMAZON
Z.H.P is no longer 19.99
prinny 2 drop'd to 17.68
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble 19.99
phantom brave 19.96 (haven't kept up with this but anything under or at 20 is a deal to me)
Disgaea: afternoon of darkness 12.19[/QUOTE]

Phantom Brave PSP launched at $20

Knights in the Nightmare - $9.06
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003S55EXC/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Steal Princess (from goHastings on Amazon) - $9.96
http://www.amazon.com/Steal-Princes..._5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1304133964&sr=1-5

Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble - $19.96 (from goHastings on Amazon)
http://www.amazon.com/Kenka-Bancho-...4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1304134037&sr=1-34

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon - $18.99 (Amazon)
http://www.amazon.com/Fragile-Dream..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1304134227&sr=1-4

Sengoku Basara for PS3 still at $19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Sengoku-Basar..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1304134610&sr=1-1

Thanks guys for the price updates, made the changes on the front page!

------------------
For those with iPhones and iPads and visit the iTunes Music Japan store:

All NHN Japan Corp. games for the iPhone are free today:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtistSeeAll?dkId=11&ids=380298670&softwareType=iPhone

For those with an iPad, the free taiko no tatsujin from Bandai has received an upgrade and now is known as "Taiko no Tatsujin +" (two more songs, so 5 total - want more songs, you'll need to enter a credit card)
http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/taiko-no-tatsujin/id366956158?mt=8

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bkjohns1']I picked up PS2 Baroque at TRU for $9.98.[/QUOTE]

It is also the same price on wii if anyone is interested in that version.

[quote name='Panther Cat']Prinny 2 now down to $13.98 at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00478OSX6/[/QUOTE]
Is Prinny 2 a price drop or a temp sale? I own the first Prinny but I haven't got a chance to try it yet, but I am a sucker for good 2D platformers anyway (actually to be fair, I will buy most really good 2D platformers, probably my favorite genre of games).

[quote name='scott_matthews']Did Prinny 2 have a first printing box set like Prinny 1? I thought it did, but I'm searching around and can't find anything on it.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I thought it did too.

[quote name='mkas1']Where can I find a deal on Trinity Universe??[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is the best choice, most of the ones in my area have it un-gutted. Or do like I did keep an eye out at pawnshops and indy game shops. I found a mint used copy for $20.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Is Prinny 2 a price drop or a temp sale? I own the first Prinny but I haven't got a chance to try it yet, but I am a sucker for good 2D platformers anyway (actually to be fair, I will buy most really good 2D platformers, probably my favorite genre of games).[/QUOTE]

I'd put my money on temporary price drop, given that it was $17.98 last week on Amazon. I'm guessing they'll hold it at $13.98 for a few days, maybe drop it a little more, then bounce it back up again (like they did with Knights in the Nightmare).

Of course, keep in mind that I'm just guessing. Maybe Amazon really is trying to clear it out?

[quote name='Panther Cat']I'd put my money on temporary price drop, given that it was $17.98 last week on Amazon. I'm guessing they'll hold it at $13.98 for a few days, maybe drop it a little more, then bounce it back up again (like they did with Knights in the Nightmare).

Of course, keep in mind that I'm just guessing. Maybe Amazon really is trying to clear it out?[/QUOTE]

Did Prinny 2 come in a boxed set like the first?

[quote name='JimmyJim']Both new and used are out of stock....
Try a google search under shopping.
Amazon has it for $70+..........[/QUOTE]

Geez, this game really disappeared fast. Besides Amazon sellers, can't find the game being sold anywhere else online.

[quote name='JimmyJim']Both new and used are out of stock....
Try a google search under shopping.
Amazon has it for $70+..........[/QUOTE]

It was in stock there this morning when I posted, someone probably bought them out since then. I got mine last week since they were the only ones around still selling it for the normal price I could find.

I emailed NISA at the time and they said they were not sure if they're going to be printing anymore apparently, who knows if that's true though.

Rorona, Neptunia and Qoga's Premium Ediiton prices are all holding up pretty damn well; I played all of them, sold the open copies and quickly grabbed sealed copies at MSRP before they sold out to keep. Anyone who wants a copy should really call their local GameStops who have it in stock via Pick-Up before it's all gone.

the only one I do not have unopened is Ar Tonelico...

Prinny you have a lot of the same taste as me of the 3 which was your favorite? I have been on the fence about Neptunia but don't know.

In terms of gameplay, probably Rorona, Neptunia, Qoga.
All of them lack any depth in the battle systems, but Rorona has so much to do on the side that battling is only a small part of the game. These games all suffer from idiotic mechanics found in every NIS that result in ridiculously large numbers in battle. The systems can be abused so much, but overkilling doesn't really net you any benefit it seems pointless; no attempt to "balance" anything.

For story on the other hand, Qoga, Rorona, Neptunia.
The story and character development (via VN-style) is the only thing Qoga has for it, although the localization was pure shit imo. Neptunia's story is absolute nonsense and not even "fun" as a parody :/

Overall, I probably liked Rorona the best as it's pretty well rounded and didn't have any striking flaws. I don't think any of them were particularly great though.

I'd just like to know why NISA has done such limited releases of these titles. While I can understand them not wanting to have piles of copies sitting around forever unsold, I don't see what they get out of making them "rare" either. Given the mediocre reviews on them (and not really caring about "collector's editions"), I was planning to hold out for a price drop on them. Looks like I'll probably be missing out entirely instead if they're really not printing more. I mean, oh well, whatever, I'm not really heartbroken or anything, but I probably would have bought them when they hit the $30 or so range -- which means that's $30 (per title) that NISA won't be making off of me. I doubt I'm anywhere near the only one who was holding out like that.

Meh, whatever. I've been pretty disappointed in their offerings for this console generation so far anyway, so maybe it's just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back