Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='storino03']Really? I thought it came out at $29.99. Anyways, I saw the same bundle at kmart, which was odd, though their price was $49.99 a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

It was 29.99 originally, but they must have a had a sale on it. There were no promotions applied to my order, so it must have been a sale rather than a lightning deal. The invoice says 19.95. I think that is the only reason I bought it since I already had the original with the extras.

For anyone who's interested, theres a "Chance" gamestop might have Rune Factory:Tides of Destiny in tommorow (The release date isnt till the 12th).

They gave calls to all the pre-order's saying it would be available tommorow, and multiple people have confirmed Gamestop does already have it in stock, but are waiting till tommorow to see whats going on. (Might be another case of early releases)

Yeah I got my text message from them. If they indeed allow us to buy them tomorrow, I will be one very happy girl. :3

For those interested, Hyperdimension Neptunia may be getting re-released at a lower price. According to this interview with NIS America,
The sell through was really great, but there weren’t many copies printed. The install number is really small. That’s the reason many people cannot find Neptunia. Right now, we are talking with Sony to see if we can re-release Neptunia at a cheaper price.

[quote name='dgwillia006']For anyone who's interested, theres a "Chance" gamestop might have Rune Factory:Tides of Destiny in tommorow (The release date isnt till the 12th).

They gave calls to all the pre-order's saying it would be available tommorow, and multiple people have confirmed Gamestop does already have it in stock, but are waiting till tommorow to see whats going on. (Might be another case of early releases)[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if i should get this game now or wait for a price drop. It was in my gold box the other day but i passed, waiting on a

[quote name='Kenshindono']
It doesn't mention, but im assuming it would just be the game by itself? not a special edition? I still have my launch copy sealed, along with the pre order playing cards, sealed as well. Its worth so much now that i dont want to friggin open it and still havent played the damn thing =P

Id love a copy to open and play[/QUOTE]

There are some used copies floating around at some gamestops. If you just want to play it, picking it up at $50 isn't too bad unless they re release it for $40, but I doubt we'll see it at that. Plus if it's in good condition, you'll probably get your money back from someone who is collecting and wants to just play it too.

[quote name='62t']Rune Factory Frontier was rare when it was out of print so I would get Tides of Destiny now[/QUOTE]

Natsume is pretty good at keeping stock around.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I was wondering if i should get this game now or wait for a price drop. It was in my gold box the other day but i passed, waiting on a

Any hopes of Catherine dropping? Its price has been really steady for the past few months and has even risen a little bit

[quote name='0_0']Any hopes of Catherine dropping? Its price has been really steady for the past few months and has even risen a little bit[/QUOTE]

Just hold out, at least until Black Friday. It'll hit $30 (game only) or less easily.

[quote name='62t']Rune Factory Frontier was rare when it was out of print so I would get Tides of Destiny now[/QUOTE]
Before it became rare it actually dropped to $20 on Amazon. Was kicking myself for the longest time for not picking up at that price. Thankfully managed to pick up a $25 copy a few days ago from the new XSeed online store.

[quote name='Mikey777']Before it became rare it actually dropped to $20 on Amazon. Was kicking myself for the longest time for not picking up at that price. Thankfully managed to pick up a $25 copy a few days ago from the new XSeed online store.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I picked one up at some point too. Didn't even know it was rare, or I might have sold it.

HOLY fuck, I had no idea XSeed opened an online store! Thank God!

I was about ready to pay 60+ for a new copy of Rune Factory Frontier. This is better for all parties involved: I get the game cheaper and XSeed gets my money instead!

I'm interested in getting Atelier Totori but not sure if i have time to play it currently. Does the premium editions of these games sell out fast or is there a drop in price usually til they disappear.
Also wish i could find a premium edition Atelier Rorona as i been reasearching this series and sounds interesting since i like JRPGs. should i play that one first?

[quote name='cecilvaliant']I'm interested in getting Atelier Totori but not sure if i have time to play it currently. Does the premium editions of these games sell out fast or is there a drop in price usually til they disappear.
Also wish i could find a premium edition Atelier Rorona as i been reasearching this series and sounds interesting since i like JRPGs. should i play that one first?[/QUOTE]

Rorona was overproduced. It's 39.99 at Gamestop right now, and in my area most have at least one premium edition left. I would try that; many still have multiple sealed. Who knows if that's any indication of Totori production. Each game in the series builds on the concept, but you wouldn't miss anything story wise. It would probably just feel like a downgrade going from Totori to Rorona as far as mechanics and polish go.

[quote name='cecilvaliant']I'm interested in getting Atelier Totori but not sure if i have time to play it currently. Does the premium editions of these games sell out fast or is there a drop in price usually til they disappear.
Also wish i could find a premium edition Atelier Rorona as i been reasearching this series and sounds interesting since i like JRPGs. should i play that one first?[/QUOTE]

I tried playing Rorona and couldn't get into it. I suggest going with the better entry -- Totori -- to see if you like it or not.

I am not sure if this is a Japanese niche game, but amazon has
Fate/Extra Limited Edition up for preorder. It came up in my goldbox for 37.99. It says it is for the PSP.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']why do we have to make a giant, jumbo thread for everything now?[/QUOTE]

Only for MSRP deals like most of the games in this thread. It reduces clutter while still getting us all the info we need to plan our purchases. It's a perfect solution.

[quote name='GreenSpark']Wondering the same thing myself since I ended up over-paying for a copy of Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii last year on Ebay. I totally forgot about the release and checked Amazon one day to see it was going for $85+ from market sellers! Jumped on Ebay and scooped a BIN copy for $70 only to have it come shrink-wrapped:bomb: Due to it being the first transaction under my account and not wanting to start off with bad feedback or something, I just ate it and threw it on the pile. A few months later I decided to expand my Wal-mart run to a 50 mile radius and found a store clearancing tons of games. After some digging, found 2 copies for $19.99 apiece (correctly y-sealed this time), so said what the heck and bought them both.

Needless to say, I ended up giving the shrink-wrapped copy to my son, but it still stung to have paid less for 2 good copies, than some re-wrapped garbage. Think I'm just going to press my luck this time and wait for some drops, keeping a close eye on inventory levels at various retailers.[/QUOTE]

that sucks. I hate that shrinkwrapped bs. Pisses me off as a collector. The thing is im noticing some real retail games are like that these days, mainly capcom DS games and the like, making it hard to tell if your getting screwed on ebay and sites like that. I really wish there was just a Y-fold standard across the board or something

Well, shit. I should have grabbed Rune factory when it was in my gold box a few weeks ago. Too damn late now. Hopefully it will show up in there again? @ Frontier. Did it get a reprint? i see it cheaper on amazon now

[quote name='slowdive21']I am not sure if this is a Japanese niche game, but amazon has
Fate/Extra Limited Edition up for preorder. It came up in my goldbox for 37.99. It says it is for the PSP.
[/QUOTE]

ya, i was gonna go through them but it seems gamestop is the only one that gets a real pre-order bonus =(
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/fate-extra-limited-edition/93229#bonusFeatures

they have some exclusive little art/fact book that comes with the game. Amazon doesn't seem to have it so i guess i have to order through gamestop. The really lame thing is that its ONLINE ONLY Which is friggin bullshit. I gotta pay shipping and hope it doesn't arrive damaged. I dont get why i cant pre-order in store

I don't see that as a huge problem. If you put a factory sealed non-Y fold DS game next to a resealed copy it is very easy to tell them apart. In fact that it is hard to see if a Y-fold is resealed cause there are some machine that can look just as good as a factory sealed Y-fold

really? how is a factory sealed non y fold ds game easy to tell from a reseal copy? Ive gotten stuff through amazon direct that looked like a shoddy re-seal job. I've also seen stuff at target, walmart, and toys r us that look like shoddy reseal jobs. Theres no real standard to it, its really hard to tell unless im missing something

Hell i just got a copy of castlevania for the DS from amazon a few weeks back that if it was a 3rd party seller or something on ebay i would have thought it ws a reseal job. I think all the reprints of the ace attorney games were the same way

Put 5 or 6 factory sealed non Y fold games next to each other and you should be see they are more or less the same. If you got a reseal you should be able to tell right away.

At the same time I got reseal Y-fold that the only way I was able to tell it was a resealed was to open it and found that it was missing a code.

I think Best Buy is resealing their used games with Y-fold now. I've seen several games there that look factory sealed with the Y-fold, but the case and artwork underneath were obviously stained or worn. They had some fairly obscure PS2 RPG titles too, but didn't want to risk it being scratched to hell without being able to see it first.

considering the price includes shipping, the xseed store isn't a bad deal, especially on rune factory frontier.

Also, now that xseed has their own store, I don't think their games (non-le) will go oop and then get resold above msrp. Considering the high prices on rune factory frontier were part of the reason they created the store in the first place.

Just a heads up that Bestbuy.com has the PS3 version of the new Rune Factory game for $40. That's $10 off Amazon and you can do ship to store or get free shipping through their media store link.

[quote name='bojay1997']Just a heads up that Bestbuy.com has the PS3 version of the new Rune Factory game for $40. That's $10 off Amazon and you can do ship to store or get free shipping through their media store link.[/QUOTE]

They have the Wii and PS3 prices reversed, as the Wii version is showing up as $50. They don't seem to be in a hurry to correct it, as it's been that way since last week.

[quote name='Kenshindono']

ya, i was gonna go through them but it seems gamestop is the only one that gets a real pre-order bonus =(
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/fate-extra-limited-edition/93229#bonusFeatures

they have some exclusive little art/fact book that comes with the game. Amazon doesn't seem to have it so i guess i have to order through gamestop. The really lame thing is that its ONLINE ONLY Which is friggin bullshit. I gotta pay shipping and hope it doesn't arrive damaged. I dont get why i cant pre-order in store[/QUOTE]

^I feel the same way about Fate/Extra's pre-order bonus. I got Otomedius and Sonic Generation pre-ordered at my local Gamestop. I so would pre-order Fate/Extra for the bonus.

Then again, my local Gamestop has screwed me over with the bonus stuff in the past. So after November 1st, I probably won't pre-order ever again unless maybe for the Assassin's Creed Revelations Signature edition if that version is pre-order only.

I kind of want the bonus just because I was impressed with the watch I got from Aksys's website for 999.

I mean the watch did become available through Aksys instead of just Gamestop online. Does anyone know if this pre-order bonus for Fate/Extra will be available on Aksys's website/shop?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^I feel the same way about Fate/Extra's pre-order bonus. I got Otomedius and Sonic Generation pre-ordered at my local Gamestop. I so would pre-order Fate/Extra for the bonus.

Then again, my local Gamestop has screwed me over with the bonus stuff in the past. So after November 1st, I probably won't pre-order ever again unless maybe for the Assassin's Creed Revelations Signature edition if that version is pre-order only.

I kind of want the bonus just because I was impressed with the watch I got from Aksys's website for 999.

I mean the watch did become available through Aksys instead of just Gamestop online. Does anyone know if this pre-order bonus for Fate/Extra will be available on Aksys's website/shop?[/QUOTE]

they havent said anything about it

[quote name='soonersfan60']Any suggestions on where I can by Disgaea DS? (prefer new, sealed) Also would love to get Phantom Brave for Wii. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

For Phantom Brave, try Best Buy. I got mine there a month or two ago.

[quote name='62t']I ordered Legend of Heroes from them, got it in a box and was damaged. Exchange and it was also damaged. It just make more sense for me and amazon that I shop elsewhere. They also don't want someone who is too OCD and keep costing them money.[/QUOTE]

I just got LoH: Trails in the Sky from them when they had it as a lightning deal this week and it came in a rather bulky box and MINT inside, so maybe they are wising up? Also I noticed Persona 2 was listed as having problems which they are looking into. I live in NYC if that matters (in an apartment building with laughably small mailboxes too)

Cheers

[quote name='erehwon']Any deals on Persona 3 Portable? I'd like to pick this up for cheap sometime.[/QUOTE]

I've seen this game go down once...and it was like $29.99 earlier in the year. But it went back up.

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage for the PS3 has finally went down. The XB360 was down for a while but the PS3 was always around the $23 range.

http://www.amazon.com/Fist-North-St...ECVY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319517853&sr=8-3

UPDATE: Scratch that....it was third party. Darn!

Blazing Souls Accelate is being sold by third party but fulfilled by Amazon for $14.99 which is pretty good:

http://www.amazon.com/Blazing-Souls..._8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1319518487&sr=1-8

Amazon Warehouse Deals has "Catherine" for $32.99. Hopefully by the holidays we'll see more of a price drop.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&ie=UTF8&qid=1319518603&sr=1-2&condition=used

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Speaking of Gamestop, I might buy a gift card from them so I can pre-order Fate/Extra for the online only pre-order. $50 is enough to cover it right for shipping/taxes on a $40 game? Never ordered online from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but for whatever reason, I can no longer find information on Gamestop's site about the pre-order bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back