Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Yes, but for whatever reason, I can no longer find information on Gamestop's site about the pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]

Just noticed that too! I guess I'll pass then if the pre-order bonus was taken away or it is too late to pre-order to get that bonus.

I'm going to hope that the Aksys store will carry the bonus item. I'll buy the game from Gamestop since it looked kind of interesting.

the bonus item looks cheap though. I like more substantial bonuses like an actual item, or a soundtrack. The little booklet thingy for Fate/Extra looked like a pamphlet of 5 pages or something. The best preorder bonus in recent memory is the WATCH from the 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors game on DS. Looks amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RScisyTysrY

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but the Asian version of Idolm@ster 2 for PS3 (which is $62.90, as opposed to the Japanese version which is usually around $90 - $100, due to the current conversion rate.) just came in stock a little while ago on play-asia after having the "all pre-orders filled" status, since the game ships today.

http://www.play-asia.com/The_Idolmster_2/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4con.html

I was skeptical before I tried the demo, since this game is in Japanese and has a fair bit of dialogue, but after playing the demo like 30 times, I realized I was hooked. Anyway, since I believe this is cheapest the game can be had, I had the feeling it may not last too long, so I thought I would post it here for those who cared about it.

Well, that was quicker than I thought. Out of stock now.

[quote name='Nitemare25']I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but the Asian version of Idolm@ster 2 for PS3 (which is $62.90, as opposed to the Japanese version which is usually around $90 - $100, due to the current conversion rate.) just came in stock a little while ago on play-asia after having the "all pre-orders filled" status, since the game ships today.

http://www.play-asia.com/The_Idolmster_2/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4con.html

I was skeptical before I tried the demo, since this game is in Japanese and has a fair bit of dialogue, but after playing the demo like 30 times, I realized I was hooked. Anyway, since I believe this is cheapest the game can be had, I had the feeling it may not last too long, so I thought I would post it here for those who cared about it.

Well, that was quicker than I thought. Out of stock now.[/QUOTE]

Dear gracious that was fast. Thanks for the tip anyway.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I've been enjoying Persona 3 Portable thus far.[/QUOTE]

It's a very fun game! Finished it several weeks ago and part of me wanted to start the game again with the female character but I have too many games in my backlog...lol...

[quote name='62t']wait for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend instead[/QUOTE]

is that a real game or are you joking? because i have the UK import for the ps3 but was thinking of getting CS for the 360 too.. if theres a new version coming out i'll wait

[quote name='Kenshindono']is that a real game or are you joking? because i have the UK import for the ps3 but was thinking of getting CS for the 360 too.. if theres a new version coming out i'll wait[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is a real game. It comes with the three DLC characters along with one more. There are some story elements that are changed up/added as well. I really hate that ASW did this instead of work on Blazblue 3. I hope they do not take the path of Capcom...

[quote name='Kenshindono']is that a real game or are you joking? because i have the UK import for the ps3 but was thinking of getting CS for the 360 too.. if theres a new version coming out i'll wait[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='kndy']
Also, noticed that GoHastings on Amazon has Cross Edge for $16.99 (not inc. shipping). But not sure if they include the booklet and original cover. Has anyone ordered from GoHastings before?[/QUOTE]

GoHastings usually has its games come with a booklet/original cover. But it's not a guarantee.

[quote name='Dkellar'] I really hate that ASW did this instead of work on Blazblue 3. I hope they do not take the path of Capcom...[/QUOTE]

Remember their Guilty Gear series? Arc System Works loves doing this too, they did it just as much, if not more, than Capcom with that series and it seems like they're gonna do the same with Blazblue.

[quote name='Kenshindono']if theres a new version coming out i'll wait[/QUOTE]The new versions just seem to keep on coming.

[quote name='Jon7']Remember their Guilty Gear series? Arc System Works loves doing this too, they did it just as much, if not more, than Capcom with that series and it seems like they're gonna do the same with Blazblue.[/QUOTE]
Like the man said:
  • Guilty Gear XX
  • Guilty Gear XX #Reload
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
  • Guilty Gear XX Slash
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
And people jumped on Capcom for releasing a second revision of SF4. It makes it difficult to justify buying ASW games. BlazBlue has three DLC characters last time I looked, each about $8. That plus the numerous upgrades make their games an expensive proposition. Yes, they're not as bad as the annual CODs and the continual $15 DLC packs, but when a new version comes out the previous installment is all but abandoned by the fighting game community.

[quote name='bojay1997']Wouldn't that be Grand Knights History which gets released a week or so later?[/QUOTE]

Xseed hasnt announced a release date for Grand Knights History

Or you can get this:

pre-order-blazblue-continuum-shift-ii-manga-edition-539-p%5Bekm%5D627x300%5Bekm%5D.gif

LINK

[quote name='62t']Xseed hasnt announced a release date for Grand Knights History[/QUOTE]

That's my point. Hakuoki is likely not going to be the last UMD. Xseed said "Winter" for GKH which goes through mid-March.

I find it funny that I read the latest posts in this thread today, which mentioned Grand Knights History, and then checked my Amazon Quick Picks to see that same game available to preorder for $28.49. I can always cancel it later, so I jumped on that price (I doubt it'd drop in price that quickly).

[quote name='Vigilante']I find it funny that I read the latest posts in this thread today, which mentioned Grand Knights History, and then checked my Amazon Quick Picks to see that same game available to preorder for $28.49. I can always cancel it later, so I jumped on that price (I doubt it'd drop in price that quickly).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I was going to skip it because my PSP backlog is already huge, but then I saw that it's by Vanillaware. Ordered.

[quote name='62t']Xseed hasnt announced a release date for Grand Knights History[/QUOTE]

Amazon says February 21st, for whatever that's worth. That's a pretty specific date for them (not their usual December 31st that they usually show when they're just putting in a placeholder listing), though it's hard to say where they got it.

Anyone who placed pre-orders on NIS America know if you are given the option of being able to cancel your order?

Kind of like Amazon and Best Buy.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Anyone who placed pre-orders on NIS America know if you are given the option of being able to cancel your order?

Kind of like Amazon and Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I had to cancel one time...I just sent them an e-mail with my order # and all...They cancelled it no questions asked within a couple days.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Anyone who placed pre-orders on NIS America know if you are given the option of being able to cancel your order?

Kind of like Amazon and Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

i canceled my pre order for atelier Tor.
i sent them an email with my order number and asked them to cancel and they did. Took about a week and a half?

[quote name='storino03']you know they do have a phone number and directly calling them tends to get faster results.....[/QUOTE]

(714) 540-1185

Did you even bother to look for that yourself? Cause that took me like 2 second to find it.

[quote name='Dkellar']Yes, it is a real game. It comes with the three DLC characters along with one more. There are some story elements that are changed up/added as well. I really hate that ASW did this instead of work on Blazblue 3. I hope they do not take the path of Capcom...[/QUOTE]

Huh.. seems like CS extend is a real thing. I suppose i'll just wait for it then. Not sure which system to snag it for though

@ the little side conversation about Guilty Gear: I LOVED that series. Honestly i never really got that into Blazblue for some reason. I enjoyed the Guilty gear series a hell of a lot more.

[quote name='62t']http://www.amazon.com/Hakuoki-Fleet..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1318474243&sr=1-1

Hakuoki limited edition up for preorder. Might be the last PSP RPG to get a UMD release[/QUOTE]

I had that in my gold box last week but after looking up some info i passed.. its a dating sim game where you make out with bishounen. At least from what i was able to gather. Was i wrong? I never did check out the anime. Looking at WhiteLens's post I guess the info I found was correct. I Wonder if i should get it as a lark. Hell if theyre bringing that over, they should have brought over Ore no Imouto!

[quote name='adriley313']Or you can get this:

pre-order-blazblue-continuum-shift-ii-manga-edition-539-p%5Bekm%5D627x300%5Bekm%5D.gif

LINK[/QUOTE]

damnit... why cant that be on a console. Fighting game son a portable suck =(

Couple pieces of news today!

First off Fate/Extra is now available on the Aksys Store. The best part is -for those of you that missed out on pre-ordering and therefore didn't get the bonus- both the standard and the LE will come with the Fate/The Fact booklet.

And lastly, Corpse Party is releasing November 22, 2011 on PSN for $19.99. The official english website is now up as well.

[quote name='Kotomine']Couple pieces of news today!

First off Fate/Extra is now available on the Aksys Store. The best part is -for those of you that missed out on pre-ordering and therefore didn't get the bonus- both the standard and the LE will come with the Fate/The Fact booklet.

And lastly, Corpse Party is releasing November 22, 2011 on PSN for $19.99. The official english website is now up as well.[/QUOTE]

Sweetness on Fate/Extra being available on the Aksys store! Definitely willing to pay $5 more for that little bonus preorder because I missed out on pre-ordering in time before Gamestop took it away.

Going to look up Corpse Party, not sure what it is. Edit: Looks interesting/music is nice. Need some gameplay videos though. A little on the disturbing side, but a nice change up in the usual stories.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Sweetness on Fate/Extra being available on the Aksys store! Definitely willing to pay $5 more for that little bonus preorder because I missed out on pre-ordering in time before Gamestop took it away.

Going to look up Corpse Party, not sure what it is. Edit: Looks interesting/music is nice. Need some gameplay videos though. A little on the disturbing side, but a nice change up in the usual stories.[/QUOTE]
It's like a 16-bit adventure game. From what I understand it is like 999 in that your choices can effect the story.

Here is an article that was posted on the PS Blog: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/10/31/corpse-party-and-the-psychology-of-horror/

Here is the new Halloween Trailer....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIVd_n3Pg3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA3mVH0tPdY&feature=related

[quote name='Zaku77']Corpse party looks freaking awesome. I really wish the damn thing was getting a UMD release though.[/QUOTE]

I'm bummed they aren't doing some kind of LE. :( This will be the first game I will have bought off PSN.

Well I was going to buy Corpse Party but no UMD no sale. I want my physical media. And other grouchy comments about young people being on my lawn....

Yeah, I used to be physical media forever! Until recently, I started playing my PSP with Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines and the game would stop suddenly to ask me if I want to quit. I select no on the menu that is similar to when you hit the PS button while playing a PSP game.

It would next ask my to put the game back in, even though the UMD was already in my PSP. Have to shake my PSP a little to get it back to normal. Still wish you could install the UMD to the memory stick so that it doesn't have to spin so much. Leaning towards digital when there is no other option and when it is cheaper than the UMD.

Anyway back on topic, I might get Corpse Party. Maybe not day 1 since I have a bunch of PSP games to play still.

I'm probably going to get it day 1, since I am really interested in the game and the price is so good, but I probably would have gotten an LE if it was offered (Probably day 1 as well, since I wouldn't have expected it to last too long.). Oh well, I'm still looking forward to the game of course.

[quote name='storino03']Is corpse party getting a umd release or is it just digital?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='62t']just digital[/QUOTE]

ya, thats the reason i wont be buying it =( I was kinda stoked when i heard about it. I read some of the manga and it was a messed up series. Thought it would make an interesting adventure game.

But i refuse to buy DLC only games. Only time i broke the rule was for Suikoden so i could play it on my PSP (I have the original ps1 disc). This has me worried.. they swore we would get the next trails in the sky game, but im wondering if it will be DLC only now

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Yeah, I used to be physical media forever! Until recently, I started playing my PSP with Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines and the game would stop suddenly to ask me if I want to quit. I select no on the menu that is similar to when you hit the PS button while playing a PSP game.

It would next ask my to put the game back in, even though the UMD was already in my PSP. Have to shake my PSP a little to get it back to normal. Still wish you could install the UMD to the memory stick so that it doesn't have to spin so much. Leaning towards digital when there is no other option and when it is cheaper than the UMD.

Anyway back on topic, I might get Corpse Party. Maybe not day 1 since I have a bunch of PSP games to play still.[/QUOTE]

physical media isn't the issue.. its the shitty psp design/UMD design thats the issue. My PSP does that sometimes too and it bugs the shit outa me. Espeically since its basically brand new. Its a god of war model i got last xmas and havent really used at all. its got maybe 6 hours on it and does this.. bullshit

Personally i need physical media. Digital stuff just has too many issues with DRM, plus as a collector I NEED a copy

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya, thats the reason i wont be buying it =( I was kinda stoked when i heard about it. I read some of the manga and it was a messed up series. Thought it would make an interesting adventure game.

But i refuse to buy DLC only games. Only time i broke the rule was for Suikoden so i could play it on my PSP (I have the original ps1 disc). This has me worried.. they swore we would get the next trails in the sky game, but im wondering if it will be DLC only now

physical media isn't the issue.. its the shitty psp design/UMD design thats the issue. My PSP does that sometimes too and it bugs the shit outa me. Espeically since its basically brand new. Its a god of war model i got last xmas and havent really used at all. its got maybe 6 hours on it and does this.. bullshit

Personally i need physical media. Digital stuff just has too many issues with DRM, plus as a collector I NEED a copy[/QUOTE]
This will be my first paid digital download on PSN. I won't be passing over this game because it is only available as a digital download.

Well nothing is stopping you from getting the Japanese UMD and just collect that. Make no difference to me since I don't open any LE and usually just get a second copy to play

[quote name='Optical']This will be my first paid digital download on PSN. I won't be passing over this game because it is only available as a digital download.[/QUOTE]

I used to be an anti-digital distribution zealot, but I've realized that it's the future of niche Japanese games in America. It's been a freaking terrible year for localizations with things like Ace Attorney Investigations 2, Final Fantasy Type-0, the Operation Rainfall three, Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo and Valkyria Chronicles 3 being ditched, which all of us here likely would have thought unimaginable even a year or two ago.

The shrinking market combined with high manufacturing prices for Vita/3DS carts are killing the viability of the retail business model for niche stuff, and ultimately I'd rather be able to play something than not play it, issues regarding resale, licensing/ownership, long-term archival, etc. of digital games be damned. I always prefer physical copies and digital distribution is bad for consumers for a number of reasons, but I can't demand physical copies any longer with more games being stranded in Japan than any time since the mid-90s. Corpse Party is going to be the first DD-only PSP game I buy.

Blame the dollar being so shitty imo. They probably think even if these titles do sell they can't break even. I said there's no way that'd be the case before but after seeing the breakdown of why these companies are posting losses... it could very well just be the exchange rate.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Atelier Rorona:The Alchemists of Arland LE version (PS3) $29.99. Hurry UP! Call your local GS NOW b4 is GONE :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the tip. Is the deal only $10 though?

[quote name='Kotomine']
[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something on the Store site? What does it include that Amazon doesn't have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back