Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I returned Neptunia to Gamestop I might as well pick it up from NIS directly and save some tax. Gamestop.com is supposedly issuing me a $30 refund on my original order. I had already returned it by the time the website finally responded to my initial complaint. Here's hoping they give me a free $30 so I can get it for free!

EDIT: Uhoh. I submitted an order through Paypal and there was some error and the order was rejected but Paypal still charged me. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

EDIT 2: Apparently it is somewhat of a common problem. Followed the instructions for resolution and will cross my fingers.

$10 off the Totori premium tempts me slightly, but I blew way too much cash over the weekend. Maybe if I hadn't ordered Rocksmith from Gamestop...

On the website it says Disgaea 4 Special Holiday Sales only on 11/28.

But the next tab it says the holiday sales continue from 11/28 to 12/5. So is it just Disgaea that's only a one day sale?

i am just getting into this niche games. could anyone tell me a good price for YS 1 & 2 Chronicles (PSP)? it is 29.99 on amazon and that seems too much. has it been on sale yet anywhere or could i expect it to go on sale anywhere? I really am having trouble finding it at many online retailers other than amazon

[quote name='hwmusic']i am just getting into this niche games. could anyone tell me a good price for YS 1 & 2 Chronicles (PSP)? it is 29.99 on amazon and that seems too much. has it been on sale yet anywhere or could i expect it to go on sale anywhere? I really am having trouble finding it at many online retailers other than amazon[/QUOTE]

for some reason that game on the PSP has held at 29.99 the LE has even went up in price and is hard to find at a discount.

Yeah, I had a heck of a time finding the LE of YS 1&2 Chronicles...finally broke down and picked up an open box copy from Gamestop (after confirming it had the extras). For some reason there just aren't many copies of this game around even though Ys OoF and Ys 7 seem to still be commonplace even though they were released earlier.

You might be able to find a used copy of the non-LE version for under $30, but if you want a new copy, you'll probably have to pay the $30 before it goes OOS and you have to pay more on ebay. Or you can just get the PSN version so you can play it on the Vita.

[quote name='shuffleair']On the website it says Disgaea 4 Special Holiday Sales only on 11/28.

But the next tab it says the holiday sales continue from 11/28 to 12/5. So is it just Disgaea that's only a one day sale?[/QUOTE]

The 24 hour sale is only the Disgaea 4 bundle for $99, while the holiday sale has other games as well.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Yeah, I had a heck of a time finding the LE of YS 1&2 Chronicles...finally broke down and picked up an open box copy from Gamestop (after confirming it had the extras). For some reason there just aren't many copies of this game around even though Ys OoF and Ys 7 seem to still be commonplace even though they were released earlier.

You might be able to find a used copy of the non-LE version for under $30, but if you want a new copy, you'll probably have to pay the $30 before it goes OOS and you have to pay more on ebay. Or you can just get the PSN version so you can play it on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

Ys 1&2 Chronicles never had a seperate standard edition. it always was the edition with the music CD in an outer box. not really an LE or CE.

Got Persona 2 earlier today. Is there a big learning curve for a jrpg/rpg newb? Not sure what I'm getting into, but the story seems interesting in a DIY anime way.

Definitely like the supernatural/demon aspect. Picked this over Fate/Extra which I'll get when it goes even cheaper.

appreciate the comments. well i just traded in some stuff so I guess I will just spend the 29.99 with my credit. i like to play series in chronological order so I have to start with YS 1 and 2 :)

earlier in the day I looked at YS 1 and 2 and it said there was like 19 or so copies left (more on the way). Now it is not saying that, wonder what happened with the stock

[quote name='slidecage']for some reason that game on the PSP has held at 29.99 the LE has even went up in price and is hard to find at a discount.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it's the only Falcom PSP game that never had a price drop/DotD/lightning deal ever. I actually managed to find a used copy that had the outer box and OST during the Gamestop B2G1 this weekend, otherwise I still wouldn't have a copy of the game. Box is a bit dinged but for $13-ish, I'll take what I can get.

Got back home from work and found a box, and not a padded envelope waiting for me. Seems my theory was correct in that padding my order with 3 games (Legend of Heroes: TitS Premium Ed., Solatorobo, and Ghost Trick) helped to avoid the padded packaging (outside of the air packets inside that were pretty much encasing the contents from top to front). And let me say, these games came in as immaculate as you can get. Not a dent, blemish or scratch to be found. THIS is the Amazon I remember. And this given previous orders from Amazon and even Zavvi, while in great shape, still had small little dings and what not, but not anything to be a deal breaker either (especially Amazon, since this is before their switch).

So if your worried about getting messed up LEs, try to order more than that one item. Take your last padded envelope and see how much you can put in before nothing else will fit. By all accounts, Amazon will HAVE to put it in a box or something (unless they have bigger padded envelopes! ^ _^; ). I'll see how my copy of Persona 2 (that I ordered as soon as I saw the thread here for it) turns out since that was a spur of the moment purchase and won't have 2 other games to help in avoiding a treacherous journey.

I don't think I've ever had Amazon send me a two-or-more-item order in a bubble mailer. I received nine Amazon packages today (you think they could combine some) - four were mailers and all had one item. The other five had between two and three items a piece and were all in boxes.

My Amazon order of Legend of Heroes LE came by itself and was in a box and inside the box was sealed against a hard cardboard back so it wouldn't get dinged up. Excellent condition.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Got Persona 2 earlier today. Is there a big learning curve for a jrpg/rpg newb? Not sure what I'm getting into, but the story seems interesting in a DIY anime way.

Definitely like the supernatural/demon aspect. Picked this over Fate/Extra which I'll get when it goes even cheaper.[/QUOTE]
Nope, no learning curve here. I came into Persona 2 after playing Persona 3 and 4 which are radically different and didn't have much of any problem getting the hang of how things work in P2.

The only thing you'll be learning is what things demons prefer to hear and from who (or which pairs or groups). A lot of trial and error will be used to figure out the right things to say to demons to either get them to join you, cough up info, money or items or to get them to run away.

[quote name='appleyum']Thanks I almost missed it. I was bummed that Gamestop had it at $19.99[/QUOTE]

But neither of you get the cutest preorder bonus ever ...

[quote name='darksurtur']But neither of you get the cutest preorder bonus ever ...[/QUOTE]

What, the keychain that they were selling at SDCC? I have one from pre-order, and 2 from SDCC... (And a plush, and a pillow plush...)

[quote name='Kaelestis']My Amazon order of Legend of Heroes LE came by itself and was in a box and inside the box was sealed against a hard cardboard back so it wouldn't get dinged up. Excellent condition.[/QUOTE]

Did yours come via UPS as well? Just got the shipping notice for Persona 2 and that too will be shipped via UPS. Strong possibility that it'll be in a box if so! :applause:

[quote name='Tsukento']My copy of TitS is supposedly being shipped by USPS. Should I be worried?[/QUOTE]

can't believe you can buy TitS online now

Valkyria Chronicles II I am seeing as a bundle pack (Full game and one DLC pack with missions)for 22.24 on PSN. Scrolling down I see that there is still a section for the full game being 39.99. I know the game is about 19.99 on UMD but I am trying to build up a library for the Vita when it comes out. Has this bundle always been this price?

Yep, heck you missed the PSN+ sale. Valkyria Chronicles 2 with DLC was like $13 bucks if you were PSN+ member like last month. I haven't checked in a while, but I think the expansion is like $5 if you already own the game. I also have a hunch that the bundle will be $5 if they bring that UMD exporting program to the US.

[quote name='lutz']Yep, heck you missed the PSN+ sale. Valkyria Chronicles 2 with DLC was like $13 bucks if you were PSN+ member like last month. I haven't checked in a while, but I think the expansion is like $5 if you already own the game. I also have a hunch that the bundle will be $5 if they bring that UMD exporting program to the US.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have a PSP last month and I had not decided on on getting the Vita at that time, you think this is still a good buy at 22.49 or do you think this will drop again? UMD still looks high

GameStop just did some price drops over the past couple of weeks, with a new batch today.

-Persona 2: Innocent Sin is now $29.99 new/$26.99 used
-Phantasy Star Portable is now $19.99 new/$14.99 used
-Phantom Brave: Heroes of the Hermuda Triangle is now $14.99 new/$12.99 used
-Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland is $39.99 for the standard, $49.99 for the premium
-Muramasa: The Demon Blade is now $19.99 new/$14.99 used
-Arc Rise Fantasia is now $19.99 new (used price hasn't dropped)

Also, Amazon has Disgaea 3 for $15.68 from a third party, but it's eligible for free shipping.

Ugh. Missed the Catherine Deluxe Edition sale price and it's back up to regular price.

I wonder if supplies are getting limited, or if I should wait and see if it goes on sale again? :(

Fate/Extra is part of "Action" game Tuesday, because when you think "action game", the first thing that comes to mind is a turn-based RPG with tons of text :)

[quote name='Tsukento']Nope, no learning curve here. I came into Persona 2 after playing Persona 3 and 4 which are radically different and didn't have much of any problem getting the hang of how things work in P2.

The only thing you'll be learning is what things demons prefer to hear and from who (or which pairs or groups). A lot of trial and error will be used to figure out the right things to say to demons to either get them to join you, cough up info, money or items or to get them to run away.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Thanks. Mine is on the truck for delivery today!

[quote name='Hibiwa']Sounds good. Thanks. Mine is on the truck for delivery today![/QUOTE]

I got my Persona 2 today, came in a padded envelope..... looks ok except the lower part of the box is dented in but I'm, ok with it

Radiant Historia keeps creeping higher and higher on amazon. *sigh* Guess that's one game that I'll have to let get away. Spending that much on a handheld game when I can get so many other amazing titles for cheap? It's really sad. There isn't any reason that DS games couldn't be on the DSiware store and use your memory card to save them. This fake limited market crap really makes me sad and dislike Nintendo products because of it.

[quote name='TheKbob']Radiant Historia keeps creeping higher and higher on amazon. *sigh* Guess that's one game that I'll have to let get away. Spending that much on a handheld game when I can get so many other amazing titles for cheap? It's really sad. There isn't any reason that DS games couldn't be on the DSiware store and use your memory card to save them. This fake limited market crap really makes me sad and dislike Nintendo products because of it.[/QUOTE]

Right, because a game that is going to keep you entertained for around 25-30 hours isn't worth spending the money on...

Got my copy of Persona today in a ripped bubble mailer with a ripped cardboard cover. I still haven't straightened out my damaged dark souls LE and now I have another one to deal with.

Yeah, that floating around in the envelope doesn't protect at all. Mine is more like guardkitty's with a dent in the front left corner.

Then again, GoHastings packs them tight into the bubble envelope and it fares worse. No damage outside, but very likely crushed on the inside.

[quote name='guardkitty']I got my Persona 2 today, came in a padded envelope..... looks ok except the lower part of the box is dented in but I'm, ok with it[/QUOTE]

Mine came in a bubble mailer too. Box completely smashed up. Amazon is 3/4 of my CEs coming completely destroyed. This one is going straight back to them. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back