Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a final plug for XSeed's online sale:

378848_10150437490763354_163718093353_8588462_1924713589_n.jpg

http://www.xseedgames.com/store.php

[quote name='62t']Atlus could troll everyone by bring Gloria Union.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have Gloria Union over Growlanser... And Blaze Union.

I already have Riviera (both systems), Yggdra (both systems), Knights on the Nightmare (both systems...)...

Wait, I'm seeing a pattern here. Is Gungnir on two platforms too?

[quote name='Tsukento']Consider the following:

-You'd be paying $20 for what was a full retail game in Japan
-Said game costs roughly $75 in Japan
-Said $20 will help support XSEED and show them that there's a market for these types of games[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying, and I definitely agree with you. It's just that I collect games and I am very anti-downloadable. I'm also a cheap bastard. Paying the full $20 for a downloadable title just doesn't work for me because of that. I do understand that we would probably not have gotten it here though if it had to be retail, so I understand the reasoning at least.

[quote name='slidecage']wow this died fast[/QUOTE]

I ordered Ys 1 & 2 chronicles for $15 shipped. They sent me email they can't shipped my ordered cos it didn't meet $20. I replied please add Ys 1 & 2 CD music sound track $5 to my ordered to get free shipping. Got email today said "Your ordered is canceled & we'll refund you $15". Terrible Terrible customer service. my 1st order experience from xseed and i got big X.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I ordered Ys 1 & 2 chronicles for $15 shipped. They sent me email they can't shipped my ordered cos it didn't meet $20. I replied please add Ys 1 & 2 CD music sound track $5 to my ordered to get free shipping. Got email today said "Your ordered is canceled & we'll refund you $15". Terrible Terrible customer service. my 1st order experience from xseed and i got big X.[/QUOTE]
I know! I hate places that throw in awesome free things every time I order from them, and who expect me to be able to follow simple directions.

Gotta love XSEED. Ordered a few games and they threw in a the LE version of Y's Seven instead of the standard, as well as the Lunar CD.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I ordered Ys 1 & 2 chronicles for $15 shipped. They sent me email they can't shipped my ordered cos it didn't meet $20. I replied please add Ys 1 & 2 CD music sound track $5 to my ordered to get free shipping. Got email today said "Your ordered is canceled & we'll refund you $15". Terrible Terrible customer service. my 1st order experience from xseed and i got big X.[/QUOTE]

You have to act quick. I got that email and quickly submitted another $5 order. They shipped my order the following day.

You ignored the instructions, then tried to reorder after the sale ended, and it's their fault?

[quote name='pete5883']You ignored the instructions, then tried to reorder after the sale ended, and it's their fault?[/QUOTE]

I replied them back b4 the sale is still on. If i know just replace new order instead shoot them email back!

[quote name='Masterkyo']I replied them back b4 the sale is still on. If i know just replace new order instead shoot them email back![/QUOTE]

Generally for online order I have never been able to tack on an item after order has been placed. My credit card would decline the increase but it would be perfectly fine if I reorder it.

Nice, just got my Ys 1&2 with soundtrack order, and they threw in the Lunar soundtrack as well. They gave me the Lunar cards free on my last order. Maybe they'll throw in the map next time I order something! :)

This is why I love ordering direct from cool companies.

Newegg still has its deals up.

Deathsmiles Limited Edition - $14.99
Dragon Quest IV - $14.99
Dragon Quest IX - $14.99
Dragon Quest VI - $14.99
Final Fantasy III - $14.99
Golden Sun Dark Dawn - $15.99
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - $14.99
Rhythm Heaven - $9.99
Star Ocean The Last Hope International - $15.99
Valkyria Chronicles - $15.99
Yakuza 3 - $14.99
Yakuza 4 - $14.99

Picked up Yakuza 3, Valkyria Chronicles and Star Ocean last night. Been dying to grab Y3 and VC for those prices. Now I just need Yakuza 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2. Contemplating on picking up the VC2 bundle from PSN.

Thanks for the heads up on Yakuza 4, I didn't have luck at Walmart or Kmart. Heck, even best buy wouldn't fulfill my order. It's a few bucks more, but at least I can try out this spiritual successor to Shenmue.

While browsing newegg, I noticed this was also on sale:

Resonance of Fate - $15.99

[quote name='Reiniku']Gotta love XSEED. Ordered a few games and they threw in a the LE version of Y's Seven instead of the standard, as well as the Lunar CD.[/QUOTE]Nice. I'll be extremely happy if I get the LE version of Y's seven instead of standard. XSEED is definitely winning me over with the way they treat their customers. :applause:

[quote name='Masterkyo']I replied them back b4 the sale is still on. If i know just replace new order instead shoot them email back![/QUOTE]
Did you write them back in English, or Masterkyoish?

Took advantage of the "Ico/Shadow of Colossus" deal today at K-Mart for $19.99. Had a printout for the online price at $19.99, just in case it rung up at $29.99 but they priced it as $19.99.

[quote name='pete5883']Did you write them back in English, or Masterkyoish?[/QUOTE]

The TOEFL gets easier every year. ;)

[quote name='kndy']Took advantage of the "Ico/Shadow of Colossus" deal today at K-Mart for $19.99. Had a printout for the online price at $19.99, just in case it rung up at $29.99 but they priced it as $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Nice deal! http://camelcamelcamel.com/ICO-Shadow-Colossus-Collection-Playstation-3/product/B002I0J5FG reports Amazon keeping this at $40 strict, with one brief drop to $30, and a single lightning deal for $25 that no one knew about but it's back up to $40.

Finally got my order from Xseed.

Picked up Ys 1&2 and 3 Ys CD soundtracks with the Onii doll.

They pitched in an extra Onii, Lunar soundtrack, and a Wizard of Oz sample CD!

First time order and pleasantly pleased.

Got my order from Xseed as well. Only ordered 1 PSP and 1 DS game, so they gave me an Y's cloth map that would easily fit into a bubble mailer. But definitely pleased they added the free swag! Aksys sale was great for 2010, Xseed for 2011!

Anyone here buy Knights in the Nightmare on PSP (and Yggdra Union which comes with it as a digital download)? Worth it for $9.99?

My gamestop had Knights gutted and missing the download code, so no thanks for me. If you get it sealed or with the code, it's worth the 10 bucks imo.

LOL on the deal of the day, it keeps dropping to $29 and nobody bites. They need to hit the $19.99 sweet spot.

[quote name='jling84']Anyone here buy Knights in the Nightmare on PSP (and Yggdra Union which comes with it as a digital download)? Worth it for $9.99?[/QUOTE]

if you like strategy RPGs I would say yes

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Gamestop has Harvest Moon for the 3DS for $20.

Thoughts on the game?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly buggy compared to the DS version.

apparently it is possible to download patches for 3ds games, so maybe the developer will issue a patch to fix the freezing problem for Harvest Moon 3ds?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Supposedly buggy compared to the DS version.[/QUOTE]

Apparently it is possible to download patches for 3ds games, so maybe the developer will issue a patch to fix the freezing problem?

[quote name='jling84']Anyone here buy Knights in the Nightmare on PSP (and Yggdra Union which comes with it as a digital download)? Worth it for $9.99?[/QUOTE]

I have not played Knights in the Nightmare yet but just Yggdra Union is worth that much imo.

newbie ps3 owner , quick question about knights in the nightmare . the digital download for YU is it playable on the ps3 too from the PS store or is it a PSP only DL ? thanks :)

[quote name='spacegundam0079']newbie ps3 owner , quick question about knights in the nightmare . the digital download for YU is it playable on the ps3 too from the PS store or is it a PSP only DL ? thanks :)[/QUOTE]

You can download YU on your PS3 and transfer it to your PSP, but it is only playable on your PSP.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']newbie ps3 owner , quick question about knights in the nightmare . the digital download for YU is it playable on the ps3 too from the PS store or is it a PSP only DL ? thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's only playable on the PSP and it should say something "PSP Game" in the game incon when browsing on your PS3.

You can download it to your PS3, but that's just so you can then transfer it to your PSP using your PS3 (rather than your PC or directly from PSN using your PSP).

However, PS1 and Mini games can be played on both PS3 and PSP.

Not sure why they don't let you play PSP games on the PS3, especially since it should have the horsepower. Maybe now that they have a PSP emulator in the Vita that might be something they add in the future (we can only hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back