Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, Gamestop has Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns on DS for $19.99 now too. It was only the crappier 3DS version before. Picked up a used copy with 20% off on top of that.

Phantom Breaker limited edition is $40 preorder on Amazon. Looks like an okay Japaneses anime fighting game. Being published by a new publisher though (7Sixty).

BlazBlue CS Extend Limited Edition dropped to $40.00 (for PS3 and 360) on Amazon, not sure how long this price is going to last. I just put my pre-order in. :)

[quote name='Echoes']Phantom Breaker limited edition is $40 preorder on Amazon. Looks like an okay Japaneses anime fighting game. Being published by a new publisher though (7Sixty).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree with you, thinking it just looks "okay"... I'll be waiting on a price drop on that one.

[quote name='SinnerChrno']I haven't even opened Rorona yet. :([/QUOTE]

I have 2 Rorona LEs and 2 regulars, and I haven't opened one yet either!

Finally! I've been waiting for this, and it's only $30. I may actually have to pick this and Dragon's Crown up at launch. I haven't bought a game at launch since Goldeneye for N64.

But what's with the cover art? This, Catherine and Hyperdimension Neptunia would make me embarrassed to pick them up in a brick-and-mortar store.

Speaking of Dragon's Crown, when was it removed from Amazon? I hope this doesn't mean the $29.99 price was a mistake.

[quote name='whitereflection']But what's with the cover art? This, Catherine and Hyperdimension Neptunia would make me embarrassed to pick them up in a brick-and-mortar store.[/QUOTE]

That's the Japanese cover art, I believe. Doubt it's final for the west.

As for Catherine, it's a game about infidelity. HDN mk2 is... well, just ecchi. Watch the trailer. It's panty shots galore.

Actually the Growlanser artist, Urushihara Satoshi, is know for um, types of work that can't be posted here. (If you are not at work google image his name)

[quote name='62t']Actually the Growlanser artist, Urushihara Satoshi, is know for um, types of work that can't be posted here. (If you are not at work google image his name)[/QUOTE]
The game rating says "May contain content inappropriate for children" :whistle2:#

So, is this an ecchi game?

[quote name='eau']The game rating says "May contain content inappropriate for children" :whistle2:#

So, is this an ecchi game?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Growlanser is a normal RPG

[quote name='62t']Actually the Growlanser artist, Urushihara Satoshi, is know for um, types of work that can't be posted here. (If you are not at work google image his name)[/QUOTE]

Yea, I saw his work before I knew of Growlanser. I have no idea why he's popular. At all.

[quote name='elessar123']Yea, I saw his work before I knew of Growlanser. I have no idea why he's popular. At all.[/QUOTE]

/shrug, I really, really like his character design and drawing style. :whistle2:#

[quote name='elessar123']Yea, I saw his work before I knew of Growlanser. I have no idea why he's popular. At all.[/QUOTE]

I recognize his work from the Langrisser series. Didn't know about the, uh, other stuff.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']/shrug, I really, really like his character design and drawing style. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Not to bash on you, but I think his characters all look identical. And the females have, um, "specific features". [CUSTOMSPOILER=NSFW Text]Puffy, pink...can't spell the word lol, and don't want to google it. Edit: Areola?[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

I think the one I saw was Lady Innocent. I couldn't tell a single face apart. It was like a nightmare where every person in your life was the same person.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Not to bash on you, but I think his characters all look identical. And the females have, um, "specific features". [CUSTOMSPOILER=NSFW Text]Puffy, pink...can't spell the word lol, and don't want to google it.[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

I think the one I saw was Lady Innocent. I couldn't tell a single face apart. It was like a nightmare where every person in your life was the same person.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I guess that is true in regards to his characters all looking the same. Reminds me heavily of whomever does the Dragonball Z/Dragon Warrior/Chrono Trigger characters too.

Does anyone recall at what price NISA offered the Atelier Totori Premium Set during that cyber Monday sale?
Memory is telling me it was offered at $10 off but I'm feeling that I saw it at $39.99. Interested in picking up a copy now that I have the cash, sadly at full price, but if it was $39.99, I'll wait it out to see if a similar drop occurs again.

[quote name='BlindJoker']Does anyone recall at what price NISA offered the Atelier Totori Premium Set during that cyber Monday sale?
Memory is telling me it was offered at $10 off but I'm feeling that I saw it at $39.99. Interested in picking up a copy now that I have the cash, sadly at full price, but if it was $39.99, I'll wait it out to see if a similar drop occurs again. [/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure it was $49.99. If it was $39.99 I would have definitely biten on that one xD

It was $49.99 for sure, as I was kicking myself for buying it for $59.99 a few weeks before. I doubt the poster deal will be around when it does drop to $39.99

I'm looking for a good JRPG and started a thread asking for advice for any games to buy for this generation. I won't polute this thread but you guys seem to be my type of people. If you can, please comment on this thread.

Thanks for the replies on Totori guys.
Don't know if this has been mentioned in another deal thread but Gamestop has the premium edition of Rorona "New" at $29.99. In case anyone was on the fence on this game but wanted it at a cheaper price. I'll be holding out a bit longer as the GS New version in my store was beat up.

HEads up if you have gamefly (at least for me)

you can buy YS 1 and 2 prem ed. PSP for 17.99 i got it for 16.19 with my 10% off and it came with the bigger outer box and the music cd still sealed ... its about the cheapest place your going to get it..

BAD THING IS the one i order the game (UMD) came in a replacement clear holder

[quote name='slidecage']HEads up if you have gamefly (at least for me)

you can buy YS 1 and 2 prem ed. PSP for 17.99 i got it for 16.19 with my 10% off and it came with the bigger outer box and the music cd still sealed ... its about the cheapest place your going to get it..

BAD THING IS the one i order the game (UMD) came in a replacement clear holder[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a great deal on this hard to find game. Too bad I don't have a GF account (and don't want to deal with the 10-day trial just for this game).

Also, I picked up a new (but opened) copy at GameStop for $30 a few months ago and that was a real pain to find. Not sure why all of the other Ys games for the PSP are so easy to find (even LE's were discounted on Amazon during the holidays) yet this one seems to be very limited and is never on sale.

YS seven premium is also hard to find, and that one actually had some goodies besides the music cd. I'm looking for this for a reasonable trade if anybody is looking to get rid of it.

[quote name='storino03']that's what they all say[/QUOTE]

For the most part, the NISA store exclusives actually have been pretty limited. Well.... the non-Disgaea ones anyway.

For anyone interested, Kenka Bancho for PSP has been reduced to $15 on GameStop's website. They are clearancing the game, so you might want to act quickly. It's the cheapest I've seen, and Amazon raised the price back up to $25. Hope that helps a fellow beat 'em up fan.

With the ".hack" movie coming out in Japan and ".hack//Quantum" OVA anime series being released this month in the US, a big question for those who played the second video game series ".hack//G.U.". Were the games any good?

I have the first series (four games) and I have seen and enjoyed the first anime series but I've waited for those G.U. PS2 games to go down in price in past few years (like the first series) but they never have. But watching ".hack//Quantum" and part of me feels guilty for not getting the G.U. games back then and considering hunting them down at GS during their next used game sale.

The .hack//GU games are all definitely worth playing if you enjoy the universe. The game is overall less "grindy" than the original tetralogy, and I don't like the characters as much, but they've made improvements in all the right places and Haseo is much more interesting than Kite.

If you can find them for cheap I'd pick them up.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I saw a new Growlanser Heitage of War Limited Edition at my local HPB. Is it a rare/enjoyable game?[/QUOTE]

I just picked up a sealed on on eBay two days ago for $41. I'd been meaning to check it out for a long time. I've heard it wasn't as good as Generations, but I'm looking forward to trying it.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I just picked up a sealed on on eBay two days ago for $41. I'd been meaning to check it out for a long time. I've heard it wasn't as good as Generations, but I'm looking forward to trying it.[/QUOTE]

Ay dios mio, why would you pay that much for it? The game is not good at all and all copies are Limited Edition. I want to say it was $9.99 at Gamestop new, but they only sell used copies of it now at that price, and if you intend on playing it anyway, wouldn't you rather save the $30?

If you can return it and you have a PSP, you should just buy Growlanser IV coming this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back