Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pleasantly surprised that the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 Collector's Edition sold out before release. It sucks for the people that missed out, but it's a good sign that the game is going to be a financial success.

I pre-ordered my copy the day it was announced. I'm stoked. :bouncy:

[quote name='KillerRamen']I'm pleasantly surprised that the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 Collector's Edition sold out before release. It sucks for the people that missed out, but it's a good sign that the game is going to be a financial success.

I pre-ordered my copy the day it was announced. I'm stoked. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Well that depends on how many LEs they printed.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']They printed 1000 of the LE's that you could only order online.[/QUOTE]
Where did you get that #? ._. Nowhere in the emails do they say that, so I'm curious...

[quote name='ithebigc']Where did you get that #? ._. Nowhere in the emails do they say that, so I'm curious...[/QUOTE]

Thought I saw it some where, but I guess I was wrong. It will be pretty limited though. Considering they are offering just the game from the beginning some people will just opt for that. Plus the only way to get the limited edition is by preordering from NISA. There is no limited edition available after the preorder closed (could change since it says bonus card deck). You can't get it from Amazon or GS. Also the preoder end date was set to 2/27 before they closed it, which tells me they probably had a set number they were going to make and they hit it.

It's worth noting that the site does say "Preorders Closed" and not Sold Out or Out of Stock. Whether or not this means that they still have a small number remaining that might be available after launch is anyone's guess. It seems like with every release they run into shipping delays because they can't handle the extraordinary volume of orders, so maybe they stopped taking orders because they know they won't be able to ship them in a reasonable amount of time.

[quote name='winterlane']It's worth noting that the site does say "Preorders Closed" and not Sold Out or Out of Stock. Whether or not this means that they still have a small number remaining that might be available after launch is anyone's guess. It seems like with every release they run into shipping delays because they can't handle the extraordinary volume of orders, so maybe they stopped taking orders because they know they won't be able to ship them in a reasonable amount of time.[/QUOTE]

Nope, just sold out. They has a delay on something that wasn't sold out last year.

Too bad they aren't taking preorders for mk2 at NISA's website anymore. Completely forgot to preorder till today. Had to give Amazon a little money since they were still taking preorders. Not that I don't like giving Amazon my money but I would have liked to give NISA all the money they deserve for bringing this to the States.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Are they going to be sealed in the box?[/QUOTE]

Probably. I figure they'd be cool to have but I don't think I'm ever going to use them. Plus, they'd probably bring in a nice chunk of change.

Anybody gotten any kind of shipping confirmation from NISA for mk2? Oh yeah, according to one of the editors at 1up.com, maybe writer(?), anyone who buys mk2 is a dirty perv who belongs in jail.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Anybody gotten any kind of shipping confirmation from NISA for mk2? Oh yeah, according to one of the editors at 1up.com, maybe writer(?), anyone who buys mk2 is a dirty perv who belongs in jail.[/QUOTE]

Well.. I bought it as a collectors piece with no intentions of playing it.. am I a perv?

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Anybody gotten any kind of shipping confirmation from NISA for mk2? Oh yeah, according to one of the editors at 1up.com, maybe writer(?), anyone who buys mk2 is a dirty perv who belongs in jail.[/QUOTE]

Then anyone who plays Grand Theft Auto is a murderer who belongs in jail/on death row.

What did he have to say about Qoga?

[quote name='NEP']Well.. I bought it as a collectors piece with no intentions of playing it.. am I a perv?[/QUOTE]

If you have intentions of selling it one day, then I guess you are a perv enabler

LOL I have two ordered from NIS. Ones for resale :p

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have an extra preorder they'd be willing to trade for a ME3 CE?[/QUOTE]Sent you a PM.

Not available online New or Used. ^^

Doesn't look like my local stores have this either. Too bad, I've been trying to find this at a decent price.

It's fun but pretty much the same as Cheer We Go, right down to the background music. Slightly confusing because you're looking at the top screen but tapping the bottom screen. Feels like a poorly thought-out excuse for using the 3D, but like I said it /is/ fun. That said I like pretty much all rhythm games.

Surprised Hyperdimension 2 did so well, though i decided to pass on the CE (Due to lack of cash funds and wanting like 4 other games in the next 2 weeks

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']What did he have to say about Qoga?[/QUOTE]No idea. Apparently mk2 spurred him to make a video (possibly a series of videos) about how video games are alienating women.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']No idea. Apparently mk2 spurred him to make a video (possibly a series of videos) about how video games are alienating women.[/QUOTE]

Can you post some links? I tried searching 1up but couldn't find anything, it'd be funny to watch.

A lot of new announcements and cool games to look forward to:

999 Sequel: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward for PSP & Vita
http://www.aksysgames.com/2012/02/28/zero-escape-virtues-last-reward-announcement/

Persona 4 Arena (PS3 & XBOX 360):
http://www.atlus.com/p4arena/

Looks like Gamestop gave Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 a favorable review:
http://www.gamespot.com/shin-megami...ensei-devil-survivor-2-review-6355190/?page=1

=========
Solatorobo is $19.99 with CD (DS):
http://www.amazon.com/Solatorobo-Re...WTS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330549142&sr=8-2

[quote name='kndy']A lot of new announcements and cool games to look forward to:

http://www.aksysgames.com/2012/02/28/zero-escape-virtues-last-reward-announcement/

Looks like Gamestop gave Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 a favorable review:
http://www.gamespot.com/shin-megami...ensei-devil-survivor-2-review-6355190/?page=1

[/QUOTE]

Zero Escape is 3ds/vita if I read right.

[quote name='kndy']A lot of new announcements and cool games to look forward to:

=========
Solatorobo is $19.99 with CD (DS):
http://www.amazon.com/Solatorobo-Re...WTS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330549142&sr=8-2[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Byakurai']Zero Escape is 3ds/vita if I read right.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't see any mention of the PSP either, which sucks....

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Can you post some links? I tried searching 1up but couldn't find anything, it'd be funny to watch.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but there is no video, let alone a series of videos. He's most likely referring to this article and probably assumed it was a series because the title is "This Month in Misogyny".

crap I totally missed out on the mk2 CE. I didn't even realize the game was coming out yet...I must be slacking. Now I guess I'll just have to get the regular edition :(

o_o somehow I knew this fucker was gonna be a good flip. still I only bought one...

Why do I want this enough not to sell it for a 120 dollar profit!? I doubt I'll even play it for the longest time with fuckin' SFxT coming out! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

[quote name='whitereflection']I could be wrong, but there is no video, let alone a series of videos. He's most likely referring to this article and probably assumed it was a series because the title is "This Month in Misogyny".[/QUOTE]

I can't believe people are still so prudish in this day and age. "Attractive women are attractive? Cover them up or you're sexist!"

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I can't believe people are still so prudish in this day and age. "Attractive women are attractive? Cover them up or you're sexist!"[/QUOTE]

They're just Captain Save Ems.

[quote name='Zaku77']Are these even "good"? JRPGs are my favorite genre by far, but these just look really bad.[/QUOTE]

mk2 is supposed to be better. The first one was a piece of crap. Trinity Universe had slightly better gameplay, and they took a dump on it.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I can't believe people are still so prudish in this day and age. "Attractive women are attractive? Cover them up or you're sexist!"[/QUOTE]

Obviously, the writer just wanted to get laid by looking like some women's rights activist.

[quote name='whitereflection']I could be wrong, but there is no video, let alone a series of videos. He's most likely referring to this article and probably assumed it was a series because the title is "This Month in Misogyny".[/QUOTE]

I hope there's one this month for Blades of Time.

[quote name='whitereflection']I could be wrong, but there is no video, let alone a series of videos. He's most likely referring to this article and probably assumed it was a series because the title is "This Month in Misogyny".[/QUOTE]Yup, this is the article/video.

Heads up - just got my shipping confirmation email for the Neptunia mk2 LE I pre-ordered in December, so they should finally be going out now. Is everyone else getting theirs as well?

[quote name='sevenfold']Heads up - just got my shipping confirmation email for the Neptunia mk2 LE I pre-ordered in December, so they should finally be going out now. Is everyone else getting theirs as well?[/QUOTE]

Just got mine 5 minutes before your post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back