Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkZero104']Wait a sec, where's it say that it's NIS store exclusive? For the most part their LEs go everywhere... though I could very well see the t-shirt be store-exclusive.[/QUOTE]http://nisamerica.com/nart/pbombs/2012/219/meruruletext.jpg

It's to the right of the list of the LE's contents (taken from the Prinny Bomb email). I would think that if the shirt was all that was NISA store-exclusive, the "Exclusive" sticker wouldn't be so big.

Huh. In that case no choice, gotta get it. If for no other reason the goodies look pretty damn great and its price is only gonna go up. Hoping the series continues its upward swing in quality.

EDIT: But yeah, most everything seems to be pointing to just the barrel! t-shirt as the exclusive element. If the whole set was they'd throw a lot more into it rest of the wording instead of everything pointing to just "Exclusive T-shirt!" Still, think I'll get it anyway.

[quote name='shivan128']It's hard to determine which ones become the rare LE's. When the risk of getting reprints can exist, if you're a collector, it doesn't matter as much. If you're looking specifically for resale value, I'd say scoop them up once they hit the first price drop and sell it ASAP. In the case of Hypdimension Neptunia mk2, I'm torn between selling it off and hoping for a reprint or keeping it comfortable on my shelf and admiring my collection of sealed JRPG's.

Get buddy buddy with your local GS employees. I've asked them several times to call up stores and have them ship the item to my nearest GS store where I'd purchase it.[/QUOTE]

good tip re asking GS employees to find CE/LEs: are you doing this for launch copies or price-dropped ones? how do you ensure getting a shrink- wrapped, non-gutted, complete CE/LE copy? TIA.

[quote name='ivana89']good tip re asking GS employees to find CE/LEs: are you doing this for launch copies or price-dropped ones? how do you ensure getting a shrink- wrapped, non-gutted, complete CE/LE copy? TIA.[/QUOTE]

When my GS guys call other stores for me I just have them ask the person at the other store if it's a legit sealed copy or if it's gutted. That way they don't go through the trouble of shipping it if it's gutted.

[quote name='Twizz']Just preordered, the trinity will soon be complete =)[/QUOTE]

Now you just need to play them... lol

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but does NIS charge you right away or when it ships? and how hard is it to cancel an order with them? if it does turn out that the only exclusive through them is the shirt then I'll cancel and order through amazon to save the $5 on tax.

[quote name='Donkey132']I'm sure this has been asked many times, but does NIS charge you right away or when it ships? and how hard is it to cancel an order with them? if it does turn out that the only exclusive through them is the shirt then I'll cancel and order through amazon to save the $5 on tax.[/QUOTE]I'm not sure about cancelling, but there's a Prinny on the product page (below the image) that says you won't be charged until the item ships.

I might cancel if there ends up being a LE elsewhere just without the shirt; I'm not that big an Atelier series fan. :lol:

[quote name='SinnerChrno']Same here, can't wait! :D[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='Animekatt']Now you just need to play them... lol[/QUOTE]

HA HA!!! U got jokes lol :lol:

[quote name='Donkey132']I'm sure this has been asked many times, but does NIS charge you right away or when it ships? and how hard is it to cancel an order with them? if it does turn out that the only exclusive through them is the shirt then I'll cancel and order through amazon to save the $5 on tax.[/QUOTE]

I usually pay with a CC. When I do, I get a hold on my account for that amount for several days. I pre-ordered last night and I see the hold on my account already for $59.99 (I used a $5 coupon I had). After that, it goes away and you won't actually get charged until it ships. That's how it's always happens for me with a CC.

[quote name='barrit']I usually pay with a CC. When I do, I get a hold on my account for that amount for several days. I pre-ordered last night and I see the hold on my account already for $59.99 (I used a $5 coupon I had). After that, it goes away and you won't actually get charged until it ships. That's how it's always happens for me with a CC.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here, pending charge as we speak and it'll go away after a while.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday , March 15, 2012 10:15 pm PDT (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Atelier Merurur Grand Finale LE

NIS America,

Is the Atelier Meruru Limited Edition a NIS store exclusive?

The Prinny Bomb indicated it would be exclusive, but the product page only lists the t-shirt as exclusive.

I am asking because if it is NOT exclusive to your store, I can purchase it directly through a retailer with whom I have store credit.

Thank you,
Richard

Update for Case #7000 - "Atelier Merurur Grand Finale LE"

Hello Richard,
Thank you for contacting us.
The entire limited edition set for Atelier Meruru is indeed exclusive to our online store.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.
Support Representative
NIS America, Inc.

For those of you who care : )

[quote name='NEP']

Hello Richard,
The entire limited edition set for Atelier Meruru is indeed exclusive to our online store.
Support Representative
NIS America, Inc.

For those of you who care : )[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. That's excellent news. :) Hope it ends up like mk2 heh

Hmm... I can't make it through the NIS checkout process at all. Just keeps timing out. Has anyone else tried recently?

I guess I'll try again later. Definintely grabbing the AMGF LE.

[quote name='solaris389']Hmm... I can't make it through the NIS checkout process at all. Just keeps timing out. Has anyone else tried recently?

I guess I'll try again later. Definintely grabbing the AMGF LE.[/QUOTE]

I just checked out about one minute ago and it worked fine for me.

[quote name='solaris389']Hmm... I can't make it through the NIS checkout process at all. Just keeps timing out. Has anyone else tried recently?

I guess I'll try again later. Definintely grabbing the AMGF LE.[/QUOTE]

I checked out online last night without a problem. Others were saying they were having problems then as well. I use FireFox incase it matters.

[quote name='barrit']I checked out online last night without a problem. Others were saying they were having problems then as well. I use FireFox incase it matters.[/QUOTE]

Ah... Now and again I find sites that don't like IE 64-bit. I dumped Firefox due to security reasons.

Confirmed on my end that 64-bit IE doesn't get through their checkout process. I got through fine with 32-bit. Started another transaction with Chrome just to check, looks like it would have worked too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']
And do they charge when you order? Or when it goes into shipping phase[/QUOTE]

If you use a CC, you will see a pending charge; this is just an authorization check and will disappear after a couple of business days. After that, they charge when the product enters the shipping phase.

[quote name='NEP']-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday , March 15, 2012 10:15 pm PDT (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Atelier Merurur Grand Finale LE

NIS America,

Is the Atelier Meruru Limited Edition a NIS store exclusive?

The Prinny Bomb indicated it would be exclusive, but the product page only lists the t-shirt as exclusive.

I am asking because if it is NOT exclusive to your store, I can purchase it directly through a retailer with whom I have store credit.

Thank you,
Richard

Hello Richard,
Support Representative
NIS America, Inc.

For those of you who care : )[/QUOTE]Awesome. Thanks for letting us know. :bouncy:

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Ah, tempting. This could be a great flip later too. Of course, one to keep as well. :D[/QUOTE]

All NISA exclusive CEs were good flippers , right?

[quote name='dubleo']All NISA exclusive CEs were good flippers , right?[/QUOTE]

Not always. The Sakura Wars exclusive is still in stock and there doesn't seem to be much demand. The ZHP exclusive was in stock for a long time after release, then it skyrocketed all of a sudden.

That's because Atelier Totori was not an NIS exclusive, so the production run was probably higher. Also, I'm fairly certain that the Sakura Wars CE got a reprint, or was not an exclusive, as amazon bas a few copies.

[quote name='HakaHina']Also, I'm fairly certain that the Sakura Wars CE got a reprint, or was not an exclusive, as amazon bas a few copies.[/QUOTE]

Sadly Sakura Wars didn't sell as well as they hoped. There is an interview, I believe from Siliconera, that Sales of Sakura Wars did not meet expectations when asked if other Sakura Wars games would be brought over. Which was a shame because a lot of fans insisted there was a market for that series in the United States.

However...it was not the case. T__T

So yeah, a reprint would imply they exceeded expectations.

Here's a good one...

A few months back I picked up a new/sealed copy of LE Atelier Rorona:The Alchemists of Arland. When I opened it, the game was also shrinkwrapped inside and on that was a "gamestop exclusive" sticker.

Since this wasn't exclusive (NIS sold it), what gives? Is it because it may have been the only retailer selling the LE? If so, why was the sticker on the inside game case then?

Just a heads up for anyone interested: Atlus's Radiant Historia (DS) re-release is this Tuesday March 20th. I pre-ordered it about 3 weeks ago, got an email yesterday from Amazon letting me know it will ship soon. Amazon is still showing it in stock ($34.99) for anyone interested!

Sorry if this was already posted, I didn't check.

Actually... Here's the whole story on the Arland exclusive. Looks like the NISA set and the GS LE weren't "exactly" the same.

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/958853-atelier-rorona-the-alchemist-of-arland/56097570

[quote name='Romeo']Blah, blocked at my office. Could you possible c/p the text for me please?[/QUOTE]

NISA store has game + artbook + soundtrack
GS edition has game and artbook in a big box

im curious what people think.

can i preorder more than one copy of a game at gamestop? if not can i go to different gamestops and preorder another copy? and furthermore is it worth preordering an extra copy or two of xenoblade and last story? do you think they are likely to skyrocket in price at some point? im going to have a play the game copy yes but im talking keeping one or two sealed.

it just seems like one of those games that in 5 years a sealed copy will be worth ALOT. i could be wrong though. im seriously considering it. but you guys know a lot more about this than me so im asking.

[quote name='kayne2000']im curious what people think.

can i preorder more than one copy of a game at gamestop? if not can i go to different gamestops and preorder another copy? and furthermore is it worth preordering an extra copy or two of xenoblade and last story? do you think they are likely to skyrocket in price at some point? im going to have a play the game copy yes but im talking keeping one or two sealed.

it just seems like one of those games that in 5 years a sealed copy will be worth ALOT. i could be wrong though. im seriously considering it. but you guys know a lot more about this than me so im asking.[/QUOTE]

you can preorder as many as you want in one store

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back