Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']NISA store has game + artbook + soundtrack
GS edition has game and artbook in a big box[/QUOTE]

Ah... so I'm missing the soundtrack but I get a big box instead? How does NIS ship the game them, just a bunch of crap in a shipping box, no unique LE packaging for the game itself?

[quote name='Romeo']Ah... so I'm missing the soundtrack but I get a big box instead? How does NIS ship the game them, just a bunch of crap in a shipping box, no unique LE packaging for the game itself?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, as far as I can tell.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Pretty much, as far as I can tell.[/QUOTE]

Does Totori come the same way? I was hunting that down to match Rorona.

[quote name='Romeo']Does Totori come the same way? I was hunting that down to match Rorona.[/QUOTE]

no there is only one LE which is the big box version

[quote name='scott_matthews']Pretty much, as far as I can tell.[/QUOTE]

will have to hunt down a soundtrack now... :cry: I did not think there was a difference! Thanks for pointing that out!

Well damn it. I'm thinking of playing through Disgea because I positively love the Prinny games. Which versions are most "complete"? I wanna play 1,2,3,4. They're good right?

[quote name='Smashbro29']Well damn it. I'm thinking of playing through Disgea because I positively love the Prinny games. Which versions are most "complete"? I wanna play 1,2,3,4. They're good right?[/QUOTE]

All the main games are good.

There were only 3 good things about Cross Edge

The premise (I loved damn near every character in the game)
The sprites (They looked good)
And the Battle Music (Even though it played for 90% of the battles, it sounded awesome).

Everything else was fail

[quote name='fishphoenix']Just a heads up for anyone interested: Atlus's Radiant Historia (DS) re-release is this Tuesday March 20th. I pre-ordered it about 3 weeks ago, got an email yesterday from Amazon letting me know it will ship soon. Amazon is still showing it in stock ($34.99) for anyone interested!

Sorry if this was already posted, I didn't check.[/QUOTE]

Since I wasn't sure which, if any, other retailers were getting any copies of this, I went ahead and ordered one. Now to just wait for it to arrive...

[quote name='scott_matthews']GameStop isn't a Russian bread line. You can pre-order as many copies as you like.[/QUOTE]

lolol

but do you think these two games are going to increase in value greatly??

[quote name='Smashbro29']How can it be terrible?! It has prinnies AND Darkstalkers![/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised. It was easily the most disappointed I was in a game that year (unless it was the same year Mass Effect 2 came out, I don't remember). The battle system was very much not to my liking. Great characters, but I didn't play it for more than an hour.

[quote name='Smashbro29']So what's the best version of the first 2 disgaea games?

I know there's a few remakes. Trying to choose the best one.[/QUOTE]

The best versions would be the PSP versions if you want some added content. Honestly though there's enough meat to the PS2 versions that you wouldn't be missing much if you'd rather them on a console. If you ever plan to get a Vita you'd be better off getting Disgaea 3 on the Vita since all the DLC is included(which is like $50 on PSN I believe).

If you don't care about prettier graphics and voice acting, I'd go the DS version of the first one over the PSP version, since there's extra playable characters and the map on the top screen.

DS Disgaea: more content.
PSP Disgaea: far better presentation.

DS doesn't add *that* much, and Disgaea's presentation is a large part of what makes it so good. PSP's version is the best overall. of course, knowing NIS they'll probably release a 'complete' version down the road. let's say... 10th year anniversary? would be 2013. yes, it's been about 10 years.

[quote name='DarkZero104']DS Disgaea: more content.
PSP Disgaea: far better presentation.

DS doesn't add *that* much, and Disgaea's presentation is a large part of what makes it so good. PSP's version is the best overall. of course, knowing NIS they'll probably release a 'complete' version down the road. let's say... 10th year anniversary? would be 2013. yes, it's been about 10 years.[/QUOTE]

Only extra content in DS version is Prinny Commentary and one extra character.

I was in Best Buy today and saw that the Record of Agarest War Zero LE for PS3 had dropped to $39.99. It's not listed on their site anymore, but according to an employee it's a permanent price drop.

[quote name='Meringue']Cross edge is freaking terrible[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Easily NIS's worst game. Although Last Rebellion is a close second.

Aksys system needs to reprint Blazblue CS Extend for the PS3/Xbox 360. Damn thing hard to find new or used for that matter.

[quote name='Ymeegod']Aksys system needs to reprint Blazblue CS Extend for the PS3/Xbox 360. Damn thing hard to find new or used for that matter.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has it in stock. Both the regular and LE.

Yeah, notice that last night they must have recieved more units of the standard because two weeks (less) they canceled on me. Put another order in and hopefully this one will go through. If they don't want to print extra copies then they add the game to PSN/XBLA, they already did for BB CS so why not the enchanced version?

Anyone thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='mdmusick']I was in Best Buy today and saw that the Record of Agarest War Zero LE for PS3 had dropped to $39.99. It's not listed on their site anymore, but according to an employee it's a permanent price drop.[/QUOTE]

360 version is also $39.99.

If anyone managed to nab an extra one of the $5.99 PS3 copies of Record of Agarest War Zero from that ridiculous Newegg sale today, I'd be up for buying one off of you. I still have to pick that game up, but can't believe Newegg clearanced it like that!

[quote name='ryanelittlefield']If anyone managed to nab an extra one of the $5.99 PS3 copies of Record of Agarest War Zero from that ridiculous Newegg sale today, I'd be up for buying one off of you. I still have to pick that game up, but can't believe Newegg clearanced it like that![/QUOTE]

Bah, I wish I would have seen that. I've already got it on 360 but I'd buy it again for PS3 at that price.

[quote name='ryanelittlefield']If anyone managed to nab an extra one of the $5.99 PS3 copies of Record of Agarest War Zero from that ridiculous Newegg sale today, I'd be up for buying one off of you. I still have to pick that game up, but can't believe Newegg clearanced it like that![/QUOTE]

Damn, I picked up the Skyrim CE for 60 bucks and figured that'd be it on deals for the day.. never even saw a post for this one! Oh well.

[quote name='NEP']Damn, I picked up the Skyrim CE for 60 bucks and figured that'd be it on deals for the day.. never even saw a post for this one! Oh well.[/QUOTE]
The 360 version was being sold for $15.99, not sure why the PS3 version sold for $5.99. Maybe newegg forgot the 1... :lol: I was going to make a post on it but it literally sold out before I could log into CAG.

Yeah that's weird about Agarest Zero. Look at my 360 card, you see it on there. I'd double dip for just 6 bucks though. Lame how none of us got a chance to pick some up. Wonder how people even found out about that. >_>

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']The best versions would be the PSP versions if you want some added content. Honestly though there's enough meat to the PS2 versions that you wouldn't be missing much if you'd rather them on a console. If you ever plan to get a Vita you'd be better off getting Disgaea 3 on the Vita since all the DLC is included(which is like $50 on PSN I believe).[/QUOTE]
Thanks to you and all the others who answered!

I'm just gonna look up which one is a remake of the first game.

[quote name='Smashbro29']Thanks to you and all the others who answered!

I'm just gonna look up which one is a remake of the first game.[/QUOTE]

That would be Afternoon of Darkness for PSP, and I believe Disgaea DS is as well.

[quote name='htz']The 360 version was being sold for $15.99, not sure why the PS3 version sold for $5.99. Maybe newegg forgot the 1... :lol: I was going to make a post on it but it literally sold out before I could log into CAG.[/QUOTE]

One of the few times my jaw fell at a price, of course I just missed getting it.

That is very weird. I'm not even sure if that deal ever existed. I do see that they have the $5.99 and out-of-stock indicator on their website, but did they ever have it in-stock for $5.99?

And how good is Agarest Zero anyway?

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Yeah that's weird about Agarest Zero. Look at my 360 card, you see it on there. I'd double dip for just 6 bucks though. Lame how none of us got a chance to pick some up. Wonder how people even found out about that. >_>[/QUOTE]

[quote name='akir']I cannot wait to play Disgaea in my Vita! Honestly SRPGS and JRPGS are perfect for handhelds.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. Best thing ever!

[quote name='akir']I cannot wait to play Disgaea in my Vita! Honestly SRPGS and JRPGS are perfect for handhelds.[/QUOTE]

You sir need to friend me on PSN. I cannot WAIT for Disgaea 3!

same though as much as I love to give the NISA online store business this is one game I'm definitely buying digitally off PSN

[quote name='buckythekat']same though as much as I love to give the NISA online store business this is one game I'm definitely buying digitally off PSN[/QUOTE]

I'm buying through NISA for my physical copy. This is the one cartridge that will live inside my vita. All other games I've purchased, and intend to purchase, are going to be from psn. I want the sexy microfiber cloth! Thanks NIS

Crap. I already have Disgaea for PS3. Is the bonus DLC and new content worth another $40??? I may have to wait and buy this used or wait for a sale for sub-$30.

Is Tales of Graces F one of those games that will probably be easy to find 5-6 months down the road or not? I am contemplating picking up a copy sometime in the distant future if it's going to be hard to find since GS is doing 50% bonus tiv for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back