Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured I would share this here if anyone wants disgaea 4 they can get it for 26 dollars. The catch is you have to do it today, it is the European version so you can't use American dlc and you have to import it. Anyway Zavvi has it on sale for 15 pounds plus 1 pound shipping to the U.S. I ordered one myself, but for those of you with doubts I have used zavvi before when I imported dodonpachi for the xbox. It came about 2 weeks after I ordered it. Here is the link - http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten/10432386.html

I found a sealed Atelier Rorona with the art book at GameStop for $29.99 today, so if your local GS has any left, it should be the same price.

WTF i ordered disgaea 3 off the NIS america webpage.. was billed already now the item doesnt even show as being ordered in my account

if i dont hear back by weds i will just dispute the charge

[quote name='slidecage']WTF i ordered disgaea 3 off the NIS america webpage.. was billed already now the item doesnt even show as being ordered in my account

if i dont hear back by weds i will just dispute the charge[/QUOTE]

nis csr are very friendly, i'm sure you wont have a problem.

Not sure where to put this.

I preordered Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 Limited Edition: Gamindustri S on January 12. About a week later I got an email saying the payment couldn't go through because I switched debit cards and didn't change my payment method. Misfortunes were had and I couldn't buy the game anymore so I just ignored the email since they said it would be canceled in a week if I didn't fix it. However, last night I got an email telling me my order went through and the game is being shipped. I double checked and this is the limited edition version for $64.99 and it is not available on the NIS website anymore. Also, it was put on my credit card I have through Bank of America, which is where I got my debit card from.

I'm not complaining cause I wanted the game and do have the funds now but I'm totally in the dark of how this happened. The game is sold out and selling for a lot on amazon.

I had to share somewhere and what few friends I have that game all play CoD and no RPGs so, I don't know.

NISA did have a waiting list on hand for people that wanted mk2 but could not get in before the early pre-order cut off. My thoughts are that they went extremely conservative with the pre-orders in fear that they might go over the target amount and now are distributing the many extra copies to people on the list or with outstanding orders. It's good to see that those that NISA is taking care of those that missed out initially.

I don't get what you mean. The waiting list was created because the LEs were sold out on their page and I don't believe the people on the list ordered. If a copy was available and their turn was up, they got contacted by NISA for a sale. No ordering took place on their part since the game was never officially relisted by NISA.

[quote name='BlindJoker']NISA did have a waiting list on hand for people that wanted mk2 but could not get in before the early pre-order cut off. My thoughts are that they went extremely conservative with the pre-orders in fear that they might go over the target amount and now are distributing the many extra copies to people on the list or with outstanding orders. It's good to see that those that NISA is taking care of those that missed out initially.[/QUOTE]

The purpose of the waiting list was so if somebody cancelled their order, NIS would allow the next in line on the waiting list to purchase that copy. There shouldn't be any outstanding orders because that would imply they were taking orders after the game sold out.

Frosty the Batman has an outstanding order as he worded his post to make is seem as his order was never cancelled and weeks later it was processed. Also, several people online have been claiming to have had luck with previously cancelled orders and getting a sale through the waiting list. Can't say how but it appears that NISA had more copies available than the pre-order amount. Perhaps a shipment solely reserved to be used for customer exchanges and are now distributing that out?

Either way, I do not care as I am extremely glad that those that wanted this particular set of the game are actually getting copies while keeping the scalpers out of the way.

Right after the item sold out on the website, and orders started being fulfilled/shipped, those that missed out got an email saying you could call them and be put on a waiting list.

What I was saying before, was that not everyone who was put on the waiting list, got the game in the end, obviously. It just has to do if they have any available left over.

I'm wondering if the Atelier Meruru limited edition is going to be sold out soon.

I already see people listing 10+ of them on Ebay.

Edit: Is Ebay even suppose to let preorder items be listed by sellers?

[quote name='dubleo']I'm wondering if the Atelier Meruru limited edition is going to be sold out soon.

I already see people listing 10+ of them on Ebay.

Edit: Is Ebay even suppose to let preorder items be listed by sellers?[/QUOTE]

I see it all the time... I don't believe it's actively monitored.

I heard they aren't suppose to list something they don't have on hand, but if that's the case, they don't seem to enforce it.

From eBay learning center:

If you want to sell presale items, be sure to meet all of the following criteria:

• Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.
  • Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.
  • The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer—not the time the item is in your possession. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing.
  • In the listing form, you need to use the default font size of 3 so people can easily see these sale terms.
If you don't meet all of those criteria your item could potentially be removed.

Atlus sent out an e-mail today saying that Dragon's Crown was pushed back to 2013. It's listed again on Amazon for $50 on PS3 and $40 on Vita.

If any of you contact Amazon regarding your previous preorder, please post back here with your experiences.

thanks for pointing this out. amazon shows a release date of june 30, 2013. ok so i just talked to cs- at first they said it was for a different item because the publisher before was ignition and now its atlus.. i had to point out that the game is identical along with amazon's preorder price guarantee.. then they didn't budge because the price before was too great (29.99 to 49.99) but i had them check my initial order details and they could see i got it for 28.49 (gold box discount). so then he finally agreed and had me place a new order for 49.99 after which he manually adjusted the total to 28.49. hope you saved your amazon order confirmation emails because if you try and look it up under your account on amazon it won't be there.

[quote name='whitereflection']Atlus sent out an e-mail today saying that Dragon's Crown was pushed back to 2013. It's listed again on Amazon for $50 on PS3 and $40 on Vita.

If any of you contact Amazon regarding your previous preorder, please post back here with your experiences.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']thanks for pointing this out. amazon shows a release date of june 30, 2013. ok so i just talked to cs- at first they said it was for a different item because the publisher before was ignition and now its atlus.. i had to point out that the game is identical along with amazon's preorder price guarantee.. then they didn't budge because the price before was too great (29.99 to 49.99) but i had them check my initial order details and they could see i got it for 28.49 (gold box discount). so then he finally agreed and had me place a new order for 49.99 after which he manually adjusted the total to 28.49. hope you saved your amazon order confirmation emails because if you try and look it up under your account on amazon it won't be there.[/QUOTE]
You lucked out man. I made all the points you did, but my CSR would not budge because his "lead" wouldn't let him... :/

[quote name='mxpowar']You lucked out man. I made all the points you did, but my CSR would not budge because his "lead" wouldn't let him... :/[/QUOTE]

keep trying man. i would keep trying if i was u until i got someone that budges because you are entitled to the preorder price you placed. keep stressing the preorder price guarantee and hopefully u get someone who understands the situation.

It was my impression that NISA did preorders based on number ordered, i.e. people preorder X copies they prepare X copies, but I'm sure they also have a limit in place to ensure they can fulfill all the orders so have maximum of Y copies.

[quote name='whitereflection']Atlus sent out an e-mail today saying that Dragon's Crown was pushed back to 2013. It's listed again on Amazon for $50 on PS3 and $40 on Vita.

If any of you contact Amazon regarding your previous preorder, please post back here with your experiences.[/QUOTE]

Eventually got a $20 credit. I think what did it was pointing out that someone else in the same situation had gotten the game for $30 after complaining. In case anyone is wondering, I actually did use the credit to pre-order Dragon's Crown again. O:)

For those who order NISA games, read this:
Introducing a new feature for the NISA Online Store!
From now on, NISA Online Store exclusive limited edition sets will have an inventory status level indicator right under the item description. The indicator will give you an idea of how many copies we have left in stock. For more information about this feature, visit the FAQ page!

They have less than 50% of the stock left of the Atelier Meruru Premium Edition http://store.nisamerica.com/Exclusives/Atelier-Meruru-The-Apprentice-of-Arland-Limited-Edition

Also, just in case anyone else has this issue, If you pay using paypal they charge you immediately, unlike what it says on the store page. Just a heads up!

[quote name='Potatoeman']Also, just in case anyone else has this issue, If you pay using paypal they charge you immediately, unlike what it says on the store page. Just a heads up![/QUOTE]

Credit Card/Paypal Payment Processing
For your convenience, your credit card/Paypal account will not be charged until your order ships. We will, however, obtain preauthorization from your credit card company/Paypal account prior to shipping your order which may result in a reduction in your available credit by your credit card company/Paypal account. Please contact your credit card company or Paypal account for more information.

Look through everything next time before you assume.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Also, just in case anyone else has this issue, If you pay using paypal they charge you immediately, unlike what it says on the store page. Just a heads up![/QUOTE]

That's what you get for ordering 10 copies!!! On a serious note, that is really good that they did that. I'm sure we will still see a million people complaining that they missed out on it still.

[quote name='rpghope18']Credit Card/Paypal Payment Processing
For your convenience, your credit card/Paypal account will not be charged until your order ships. We will, however, obtain preauthorization from your credit card company/Paypal account prior to shipping your order which may result in a reduction in your available credit by your credit card company/Paypal account. Please contact your credit card company or Paypal account for more information.

Look through everything next time before you assume.[/QUOTE]

the same kinda off.

Regarding the cancelling order of Dragon's Crown:

I emailed Amazon about the Dragon's Crown pre-order cancellation and here is what I got.

Hello,

I understand that you want to honor the old price of $29.99 for the 'Dragon's Crown'.

I'm sure it's disappointing to see an increase in the price of the 'Dragon's Crown'. Our prices regularly change (we constantly receive new data from our suppliers) and the price you saw was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

More details on our pricing can be found in our Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=468502&

However as an one time exception, please place a new order via with Amazon retailer or order fulfilled by Amazon and write back to us with the order number using the link below. We'll honor the price of $29.99 for the item.

[quote name='mxpowar']You lucked out man. I made all the points you did, but my CSR would not budge because his "lead" wouldn't let him... :/[/QUOTE]

I have to side with the rep on this one. I'm sure you can yell at them to the point they will yield and give you the credit but in reality, they really don't owe anyone that previous price as the item has changed. It has a new developer and producing team in the form of Atlus and that same team publicly announced that many changes will be taking place in regards to this game, one of those being the release price. So Amazon was correct in canceling out the older pre-orders as that particularly item no longer existed.

Now, I'm sure everyone is going to disagree with me on this :lol:.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I got Rorona Premium for $29.99 and Totori Premium for $39.99, so it's hard to stomach a $65 on Meruru. Which items are the NIS only exclusives? I'll pass on a t-shirt. I think Amazon has the artbook included? So would just be missing the OST.[/QUOTE]

Just the t-shirt, unfortunately.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I got Rorona Premium for $29.99 and Totori Premium for $39.99, so it's hard to stomach a $65 on Meruru. Which items are the NIS only exclusives? I'll pass on a t-shirt. I think Amazon has the artbook included? So would just be missing the OST.[/QUOTE]Same, as much as I'd like to support NISA that is just too much. After tax it'll come to about $70. Can't shell out that kinda dough, I'm expecting a drop on it similar to Totori.

It is KOF XIII for the Amazon Lightning Deal for $24.99 (PS3) but noticed the PS3 doesn't mention of it coming with the soundtracks. Was the XB360 version that only came with the soundtracks?

[quote name='kndy']Amazon price decrease:

The Cursed Crusade (PS3) $10.72
http://www.amazon.com/The-Cursed-Cr...7506/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335215771&sr=8-1

Steal Princess (DS) - $12.99 - Third Party
http://www.amazon.com/Steal-Princes...INTG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335215771&sr=8-2

River King Mystic Valley (DS) - $12.65 (third party)
http://www.amazon.com/River-King-My...KMRG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1335215999&sr=8-4[/QUOTE]

Is Steal Princess any good? I saw it at my local Gamestop for chump change in complete condition.

[quote name='kndy']It is KOF XIII for the Amazon Lightning Deal for $24.99 (PS3) but noticed the PS3 doesn't mention of it coming with the soundtracks. Was the XB360 version that only came with the soundtracks?[/QUOTE]

If you choose amazon as the seller, the soundtrack offer shows up.

Amazon.com Bonus Offer
Order The King of Fighters XIII and get THE KING OF SOUNDTRACKS '94-XIII. With 4 CDs of music spanning the legendary series' 15+ year history, the tremendous THE KING OF SOUNDTRACKS '94-XIII bonus offer is the ULTIMATE gift for fans. Don't miss your shot at this rare tribute to the KOF franchise; order your copy today. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

[quote name='eau']If you choose amazon as the seller, the soundtrack offer shows up.

Amazon.com Bonus Offer
Order The King of Fighters XIII and get THE KING OF SOUNDTRACKS '94-XIII. With 4 CDs of music spanning the legendary series' 15+ year history, the tremendous THE KING OF SOUNDTRACKS '94-XIII bonus offer is the ULTIMATE gift for fans. Don't miss your shot at this rare tribute to the KOF franchise; order your copy today. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I clicked on the lightning deal and it showed the soundtrack this time around.

Now to see what happens an hour from now (3 pm pst)..hopefully FFXIII-2 goes down to $19.99...

[quote name='orcishlad']I'm pretty sure both versions came with the soundtrack, but it was only for launch copies of the game.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure every copy ever made comes with the soundtrack. The game sold pretty poorly and there was no second print run from what I understand.

[quote name='bojay1997']Pretty sure every copy ever made comes with the soundtrack. The game sold pretty poorly and there was no second print run from what I understand.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that. That sucks...I've been playing and collecting KOF games since the Sega Saturn but after the last mediocre game, I held off on this one but I figured I have been collecting this game for so long...and it comes with 4 CD's...had to get it!

Looks like it is Final Fantasy XIII-2 right now for $24.99 ala Amazon lightning deal and they give you a choice of PS3 or XB360 but I'll hold off...most newer FF games tend to drop quickly in price it seems.

Man Cursed crusade is looking pretty good right now. but i just saw the limited edition of Atelier. and NIS is my FAVORITE. So man y choices and i hate those:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back