Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone remember what the pre order bonus from NISA was for Hyperdimenional Neptuna II? I just finally opened the package it arrived in a little while back from NISA and I saw no pre order bonus. The other 2 items that it came with had theirs but i saw nothing for this one. I seem to recall it was supposed to be cards like 1 was. Is it just inside the LE packing or did I get screwed? Im kinda pissed if i didn't get it!

by the way what game are you guys talking about that got canceled? Grand Knights history? or something else? I do notice its not in my Amazon pre order list anymore =(

*edit*
yeesh wtf. Trying to order Atelier Meruru right now and use my gift codes. I have like 35 bucks in them at NISA, but its not working. Their website code is crap. I cant seem to apply more than one, and even doing that seems to not work half the time. Anyone know how to use more than one code? I guess i can call them tomorrow but the stocks really low

[quote name='Kenshindono']Does anyone remember what the pre order bonus from NISA was for Hyperdimenional Neptuna II? I just finally opened the package it arrived in a little while back from NISA and I saw no pre order bonus. The other 2 items that it came with had theirs but i saw nothing for this one. I seem to recall it was supposed to be cards like 1 was. Is it just inside the LE packing or did I get screwed? Im kinda pissed if i didn't get it![/QUOTE]

The cards were inside the LE packaging (I remember wondering the cards were myself at first).

[quote name='KtMack23']Just pre-ordered the Meruru LE, first time ordering from NIS America's website, how fast is their shipping on pre-orders usually?[/QUOTE]

I preordered Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, and it took like over a week to get it. Had a similar delay in shipping.

[quote name='KtMack23']Just pre-ordered the Meruru LE, first time ordering from NIS America's website, how fast is their shipping on pre-orders usually?[/QUOTE]

i got disgaea 3 for the vita a day before release item came out that tuesday.. they shipped the thursday before but it took 3 days to get to me

[quote name='dubleo']Meruru LE now out of stock[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KtMack23']Damn, glad I ordered this morning.[/QUOTE]
Dang, me too--I had initially preordered about a month ago then cancelled...and then reordered yesterday after pondering its rarity based on how it had "very limited stock remaining". :razz:

[quote name='Vigilante']Dang, me too--I had initially preordered about a month ago then cancelled...and then reordered yesterday after pondering its rarity based on how it had "very limited stock remaining". :razz:[/QUOTE]

I pondered its rarity too so I waited until today to buy one. Glad I did. I figure selling the shirt and the extras will make the game cheaper. I still have my Mk2 LE sitting in the box it was shipped in. This one might stay in its box for a while too.

Well, guess I should be glad I preordered then. I missed Neptunia MK2 (thought the CE would be sold in stores) but really wasn't sure I wanted to keep this one...

The Meruru LE is exclusive to the NIS-A online store. the MK2 was exclusive to their online store. You just have to read their wording and preorder it in advance and not wait until the last minute.

[quote name='KtMack23']Damn, glad I ordered this morning.[/QUOTE]

whoa.. ya same here. I tried last night, but it was giving me trouble with the coupon codes (i had about $30 in them) I tried this morning before calling CS and it worked. Im assuming as long as it shows the order went through we should get our copies right? Its shown as 'pending fullfilment' I have all the others in CE, most several copies. It would suck not getting one for this one

seems a lot of you ordered today and barely got in too

I had it sitting in my cart for weeks and couldnt bring myself to pull the trigger until yesterday. Of course, now its gone.

Its still in my cart so I tried to checkout but it gives me a stock error on the payment page

Looks like Meruru LE is back in stock. I'll be going for the regular version + art book myself.

On another note, I went limited edition hunting last weekend. I found a gutted Atelier Rorona LE for $21.49 at GameStop (didn't come with case or manual, had to drive to another GameStop to get them and payed extra. fucking GameStop) and Ar Tonelico Qoga LE for $39.99. At my local Fry's Electronics they were selling regular versions of Atelier Totori for $19.99 and the LE for $29.99. Hope this helps any one searching for these.

[quote name='Zeikoa']Looks like Meruru LE is back in stock. I'll be going for the regular version + art book myself.
[/QUOTE]

If they did, it was very few because they're gone.

[quote name='Zeikoa']Looks like Meruru LE is back in stock. I'll be going for the regular version + art book myself.

On another note, I went limited edition hunting last weekend. I found a gutted Atelier Rorona LE for $21.49 at GameStop (didn't come with case or manual, had to drive to another GameStop to get them and payed extra. fucking GameStop) and Ar Tonelico Qoga LE for $39.99. At my local Fry's Electronics they were selling regular versions of Atelier Totori for $19.99 and the LE for $29.99. Hope this helps any one searching for these.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure they'll have extras at the ready like they did with Neptunia when there were some damaged from shipping.

[quote name='Gators300']This is back ordered. I am betting it never comes in stock.[/QUOTE]
I bit anyway just in case. Hopefully it goes through Now all I am missing is the Rorona OST and I'm all set... anyone have an extra lying around?
Edit: Just got an email from frys saying their supplier is out of stock and will cancel my order. BUMMER.

[quote name='shivan128']I'm sure they'll have extras at the ready like they did with Neptunia when there were some damaged from shipping.[/QUOTE]

This. Anyone that missed out but still would like a copy should email CS about getting on a waiting list. If it operates like in the past, they'll release what are most likely the "reserve for exchanges" copies to those people.

Though I'm surprised this one sold out so quickly considering how long Totori sat in their store. I actually think that the LE poster that came with that set just went out of stock this month. So they must be shrinking their runs with each game they're releasing.

Except that Totori wasn't Limited. That is probably why it sat in their store for so long. Why they made so many posters for their version of the sales, I have no idea.

A lot of people are mixing the Premium with the Limited Edition. Limited swag printing is different.

Darn. I missed out on pre-ordering the Meruru LE. If anyone has an extra that they are willing to part with at cost plus shipping, please PM me. I'm open to trades as well, but that's for PM discussion. Thanks to anyone who offers help in advance.

As for adding to the discussion, I noticed D3 will announce something at E3. Some people think it might be Onechanbara Z: Kagura. It won't be long until we know what it is.

[quote name='iPhone']Darn. I missed out on pre-ordering the Meruru LE. If anyone has an extra that they are willing to part with at cost plus shipping, please PM me. I'm open to trades as well, but that's for PM discussion. Thanks to anyone who offers help in advance.

As for adding to the discussion, I noticed D3 will announce something at E3. Some people think it might be Onechanbara Z: Kagura. It won't be long until we know what it is.[/QUOTE]

Why would someone order an extra copy of a very rare game only to sell it at cost?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why would someone order an extra copy of a very rare game only to sell it at cost?[/QUOTE]

I know right. I never understand these kinds of posts, I mean I know its a friendly board but who is going to go out of their way to help a stranger especially when its something you could make a ton of money off of.

[quote name='KtMack23']I know right. I never understand these kinds of posts, I mean I know its a friendly board but who is going to go out of their way to help a stranger especially when its something you could make a ton of money off of.[/QUOTE]

some people are you know still nice. sure its a dieing trait but some people still possess it.

[quote name='kayne2000']some people are you know still nice. sure its a dieing trait but some people still possess it.[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between being nice and being a doormat. I would argue that the person asking for the copy at cost is the douche. At least throw in an extra $10-15.

[quote name='cabhills']Just got shipping conformation for my Meruru LE a few mins ago. Others should be popping up soon.[/QUOTE]

Got mine too. They must be going out on Tuesday.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Got mine too. They must be going out on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Received mine today in Los Angeles area after receiving shipping confirmation on Friday. Very well packed, lots of bubble wrap. Very happy, but the box is very, very small.

[quote name='bojay1997']Received mine today in Los Angeles area after receiving shipping confirmation on Friday. Very well packed, lots of bubble wrap. Very happy, but the box is very, very small.[/QUOTE]

That's cool you already got yours. Is the tshirt in the LE box? Maybe a picture of the whole thing if you don't mind :)

[quote name='bojay1997']Received mine today in Los Angeles area after receiving shipping confirmation on Friday. Very well packed, lots of bubble wrap. Very happy, but the box is very, very small.[/QUOTE]

Smaller than Totori?

Im in a town called Livermore, got my shipping confirmation today. Hopefully i get it tomorrow and its not sitting around the post office getting crushed over the holiday weekend. Looks like theyre just south of LA, which according to Mapquest is 337 miles from here. *crosses fingers*

[quote name='elessar123']Smaller than Totori?[/QUOTE]

It looks like the same size box as Neptunia MK2 (i.e. it's not the big rectangular flat box, but a small rectangular cube).

[quote name='KtMack23']I know right. I never understand these kinds of posts, I mean I know its a friendly board but who is going to go out of their way to help a stranger especially when its something you could make a ton of money off of.[/QUOTE]

Although I don't think his inquiry will get many if any bites it is still fair to say that nothing ventured nothing gained. If he didn't ask, his best case scenario is that he gets nothing. If he does ask his worst case scenario is he gets nothing (and trolled a bit).

When you are in a situation that your worst case scenario through action is the equivalent of your best case scenario through non-action than you are generally better off acting.

:D

This life lesson brought you you by Cap'n Crunch. Because that cereal is just that damn good.

I also just got my shipping conformation. Someone please convince me to keep this. I bought it for myself but then I see the $$$ people are getting on ebay and I'm tempted to sell, but I really don't want to.

[quote name='Lanman']Although I don't think his inquiry will get many if any bites it is still fair to say that nothing ventured nothing gained. If he didn't ask, his best case scenario is that he gets nothing. If he does ask his worst case scenario is he gets nothing (and trolled a bit).

When you are in a situation that your worst case scenario through action is the equivalent of your best case scenario through non-action than you are generally better off acting.

:D

This life lesson brought you you by Cap'n Crunch. Because that cereal is just that damn good.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It also makes me very sad that immediately he was attacked as somehow being unreasonable for asking. There are a lot of people on this board who help each other out on a daily basis. I know I've never sold anything for more than cost and whatever it actually costs to mail and package something for shipping. The CAGs who see hard to find games as a lucrative business opportunity have no business being here and contribute nothing to this community.

[quote name='KtMack23']I also just got my shipping conformation. Someone please convince me to keep this. I bought it for myself but then I see the $$$ people are getting on ebay and I'm tempted to sell, but I really don't want to.[/QUOTE]
Subtract $20 from Ebay fees and shipping (provided you have materials already). If that amount still nets you something worth while, then do it, otherwise, just keep the game and goodies. You could always sit on it for a while and buy a vanilla copy to play if you're undecided, but usually these prices come down after a while, so keep that in mind.

I almost didn't get Meruru because Totori and Rorona both dropped to 30 bucks quickly. However, I got burnt when NISA didn't do a premium box of HDN2 for retail. I'm guessing that this trend will continue (bad sales from retail?).

I apologize for the derail. I didn't mean to come off as entitled. I just didn't have the funds to pre-order the game in the last two weeks when it became apparent that the game would likely sell out. I didn't realize how lucrative these NISA store exclusives had become. I'm just a collector and wanted to see if another collector got another copy they wanted to part with. Again, I apologize for causing this tangent.

[quote name='shivan128']Subtract $20 from Ebay fees and shipping (provided you have materials already). If that amount still nets you something worth while, then do it, otherwise, just keep the game and goodies. You could always sit on it for a while and buy a vanilla copy to play if you're undecided, but usually these prices come down after a while, so keep that in mind.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to keep it. At best I'll get like $45 and I'd rather just have the stuff and not go through the headache. I just bought a ps3 this week actually so I haven't played the first too that I got on sale from gamestop a while back.

[quote name='iPhone']I apologize for the derail. I didn't mean to come off as entitled. I just didn't have the funds to pre-order the game in the last two weeks when it became apparent that the game would likely sell out. I didn't realize how lucrative these NISA store exclusives had become. I'm just a collector and wanted to see if another collector got another copy they wanted to part with. Again, I apologize for causing this tangent.[/QUOTE]

Tangents are the spice of life. If you fail to engage in tangents you will be left with a life measured solely by a horrendous backlog of games created by CAG and little else.

Go find a tangent and enjoy! :D

NISA usually packages their items very well. If anything gets damaged, it's mostly the fact that their game boxes are very thing (look at Neptunia MK2's outer box--flimsy as hell).

Here's a couple pics to tide people over until their copies arrive.

Front of box
meruru1.jpg

Back of box
meruru2.jpg

Haven't received my shipping confirmation yet... anyone else not get one yet?
Edit: Got the email notification last night... phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back