Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can vouch for Blue Dragon too. It's a little bit simple, but it's a nice standard RPG. Though Versperia is still number 1 for 360 (IMHO).

For ps3 there's Tales of Graces F, which came out this past March. The battle system is slightly unorthodox, or just different than most other Tales games, but the game is a solid jrpg imo.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I'm just going to go the "you're an idiot" route on this one.

"Chibi-themed", really? Is that what we're using to try to justify oversexualizing young toddlers?

But seriously, you're an idiot. Like, really, a fuckin' dipshit. Sorry to be explicit, but I'm just being real. Look how defensive you're being over something as stupid as this game "mechanic". First off, my "prudish desire" isn't to "force" anything. It's simply a preference not to have to molest 6 year-olds in my strategy games. Also, I never assumed anything. I know there's idiots out there (you're living proof) that will defend anything Japan ejaculates onto the figurative face of America, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

And before you go crying about how I shouldn't be in this thread and if I don't like Japanese games, not to play them. I own nearly all of NISA's console based RPGs, including their collector's editions. I play them because I enjoy a good story and strategy. Hell, I even love nice set of tits to ogle while I'm playing, but those set of tits need to be ripened, and not have an entire game mechanic based on them.

So yes, fuck you and your creepy and overly-defensive desire to justify this shit stain of a mini-game.

Also, either dumb as shit or scared to actually address the real issue. Suggestive drawings are fine, just not of little girls. This isn't a matter of sex versus violence in video games, it's just a matter of disgusting, pedophilic content. I actually believe you're aware of this and are just trying to avoid it so you don't have to admit how much of a creeper it makes you to actually support this.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

The false equivalency in here is astonishing. I bet you guys fall for that shit Rick Santorum was doing as well when he was saying "Well, if you let people get married, it's the same as fucking dogs!"

No, it isn't. Oversexualizing a 5 year old and violence in games aren't the same thing. Sex scenes with adults and the shit you guys are defending aren't the same things. You can argue however you want, but it doesn't change the fact that this has now turned into the "Spot a pedo!" thread.

[quote name='elessar123']I find naked babies on TV in bad taste, and kid pageant shows. I don't find obviously fake drawings offensive, because I can tell the difference.

Which is why I wonder why you people get so riled up about it. I find rape in movies disturbing, yet it's ok. I find it weird that underage girls can pose nude, as long as it's on the silver screen.

Guess what, people are offended by different things.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']An argument I can get behind. I think people who like gratuitous violence are weird too. I'm not saying to outlaw it; I'm just saying (for the third time), people are offended by different things.

Because it's fake, it doesn't bother me much. When it's real, it disturbs me. If you can't understand that, fine. But saying something something is fake isn't a valid argument is quite stupid, imo.

I have more of a problem with intoxicated manslaughter, but I bet they'd get off easier than people with "lolicon", and most people in this thread probably think the same way. That's what western society says. But sorry, but that doesn't make ANY sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Movies aren't real. So why would a rape scene bug you in a movie, which isn't real?

The following rpgs are some of the good ones on the PS3:

Valkyria Chronicles
Tales of Grace f
Disgaea 3 & 4
Folklore
Eternal Sonata (One of my all-time favorite off-line co-ops)
Resonance of Fate
Star Ocean the Last Hope
Final Fantasy XIII-2

[quote name='KtMack23']Yes. Every other region gets a full fledged limited edition and we get a flimsy art book.[/QUOTE]

Don't see much of a problem there to be honest. We get a free artbook and exterior box for purchasing the standard edition's first run. A preorder isn't even required.

It may not be a full fledged limited edition, but it's damn good none the less.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I'm just going to go the "you're an idiot" route on this one.

"Chibi-themed", really? Is that what we're using to try to justify oversexualizing young toddlers?

But seriously, you're an idiot. Like, really, a fuckin' dipshit. Sorry to be explicit, but I'm just being real. Look how defensive you're being over something as stupid as this game "mechanic". First off, my "prudish desire" isn't to "force" anything. It's simply a preference not to have to molest 6 year-olds in my strategy games. Also, I never assumed anything. I know there's idiots out there (you're living proof) that will defend anything Japan ejaculates onto the figurative face of America, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

And before you go crying about how I shouldn't be in this thread and if I don't like Japanese games, not to play them. I own nearly all of NISA's console based RPGs, including their collector's editions. I play them because I enjoy a good story and strategy. Hell, I even love nice set of tits to ogle while I'm playing, but those set of tits need to be ripened, and not have an entire game mechanic based on them.

So yes, fuck you and your creepy and overly-defensive desire to justify this shit stain of a mini-game.[/QUOTE]

I have zero interest in this game, because it doesn't look particularly good. I agree it looks stupid and pointless, but that's no reason to demean those who might enjoy such things. Who is it harming? These are drawings, not real people.

Japan has one of the the lowest rates of sex crimes in the world. Who do these drawings hurt in real-world terms? Who cares if they are supposed to be 5-year-olds (which they are not)?

All you're trying to do is force your deranged and entitled sense of morality onto other people's personal interests.

People like you are what's wrong with this world. fuck you.

Bonus tip for the racist propagandists: Otaku culture isn't Japanese culture. Tokyo is not Japan.

Bonus tip #2: Sexualized shota characters are nearly as common as loli characters. But a big deal is never made about that because it is female yaoi fangirls who enjoy them. So, it isn't useful in your effort to demonize Japanese men. Racism and misandry. Despicable.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Movies aren't real. So why would a rape scene bug you in a movie, which isn't real?[/QUOTE]

They're real people, so it bothers me, like real naked underage people in media bothers me (i.e. naked babies in commercials). There wasn't a read in between the lines.

Thanks for the list - ordered Macross Ace Frontier! Hopefully it's similar to Robotech: Battlecry in terms of fun. Yeah, I know...Harmony Gold blah, blah, blah.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Don't see much of a problem there to be honest. We get a free artbook and exterior box for purchasing the standard edition's first run. A preorder isn't even required.

It may not be a full fledged limited edition, but it's damn good none the less.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I'd buy it with no bonuses, I just wish we had a chance to get really nice RPG collectors editions here in the U.S. And sorry about saying the wrong game. They all start blending together around 1 am lol

[quote name='storino03']Yeah, I'm one of the few that enjoyed Star Ocean Last Hope International (never played the xbox version) It was just great![/QUOTE]

I would never recommend the xbox version to anyone unless it's the only console they own. After the game is beat there is an endgame dungeon on disc 2 but your ship is still on disc 3 -.-''

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']
Can those who won't drop the "loli" issue please argue somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

It never should've started in the first place. This is a forum for video game deals, not trolls with agendas.

Back on topic, uhh...

The Atelier games are really underappreciated. Rorona has some issues, but Totori fixes pretty much all of them. I've not played it, but I can only guess Meruru carries on from there. Good series.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Thanks for the list - ordered Macross Ace Frontier! Hopefully it's similar to Robotech: Battlecry in terms of fun. Yeah, I know...Harmony Gold blah, blah, blah.[/QUOTE]

Macross Ace Frontier was FUN FUN on the PSP.

I've just recently picked up Gundam Extreme....holy blue hell that game can be hard but fun

I'd like some opinions on Gungnir (as we approach its release date) if anybody's got them. I've read some so-so reviews on the game, and am questioning whether or not I want to spend $30. Is it safe to assume that since it's an Atlus game, and for the PSP no less, that there's very little chance of it ever dropping in price?

I just wish Grand Knights History would have been released. I was much less on the fence about that game than I am this one.

[quote name='KtMack23']Like I said, I'd buy it with no bonuses, I just wish we had a chance to get really nice RPG collectors editions here in the U.S. And sorry about saying the wrong game. They all start blending together around 1 am lol[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you there.

[quote name='Gosha']We can tack this on as games to look forward to now!

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/04/atlus-usa-will-publish-code-of-princess-in-north-america/[/QUOTE]

Well, this'll be a change of pace from the current conversation here.
00324.jpg

Those hips scare me.

Royalty should be a little more modest.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']

Royalty should be a little more modest.[/QUOTE]

It's Nintendo, so I doubt any art like that will make it to the US without being censored first. I know they censored the box art for Dead or Alive Dimensions. You know, too much thigh = the devil.

Nintendo was much worse back in the day. They threaten to cut any third party off all together if they made anything not for their system. They were the video game mafia back in the day. Now they are just "big brother".

[quote name='lutz']Nintendo was much worse back in the day. They threaten to cut any third party off all together if they made anything not for their system. They were the video game mafia back in the day. Now they are just "big brother".[/QUOTE]

Nintendo's death grip gave us the PlayStation! :applause: Always a silver lining.

to those of you who got screwed on Dragons crown. How did you get them to price match the original 29.99 price point? I found my original email confirmation of hte order before they canceled it. Should i actually call them up, or send an email with the forwarded original email taggeed on? Im pretty pissed they just canceled this on me a few months ago without any warning then put it back up for 50 bucks. In fact i think im missing some other orders. Did any PSP/PS3 niche games get canceled over the past few months that i may have missed?

[quote name='Kenshindono']to those of you who got screwed on Dragons crown. How did you get them to price match the original 29.99 price point? I found my original email confirmation of hte order before they canceled it. Should i actually call them up, or send an email with the forwarded original email taggeed on? Im pretty pissed they just canceled this on me a few months ago without any warning then put it back up for 50 bucks. In fact i think im missing some other orders. Did any PSP/PS3 niche games get canceled over the past few months that i may have missed?[/QUOTE]

Grand Knights Kistory for the PSP sadly got canceled...

[quote name='Kenshindono']to those of you who got screwed on Dragons crown. How did you get them to price match the original 29.99 price point? I found my original email confirmation of hte order before they canceled it. Should i actually call them up, or send an email with the forwarded original email taggeed on? Im pretty pissed they just canceled this on me a few months ago without any warning then put it back up for 50 bucks. In fact i think im missing some other orders. Did any PSP/PS3 niche games get canceled over the past few months that i may have missed?[/QUOTE]

I sent them an email with my original order # and said I see the game is listed again and how do I go about getting their lowest price guarantee, since I previously had it pre-ordered. They sent me the email about how it's being released by a different company now, but they will honor the price if you make another order and reply with your new order #.

Last edited by a moderator:
NISA is going to be publishing Way of the Samurai 4 in Europe, both digitally and through retail. I need to find a way to import a retail copy of it.

I forgot to call about this...thanks for the reminder!

[quote name='Gosha']We can tack this on as games to look forward to now!

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/04/atlus-usa-will-publish-code-of-princess-in-north-america/[/QUOTE]
Well looks like I am buying this :lol:.

[quote name='ithebigc']In case people didn't know, and you would be forgiven since Nintendo didn't bother talking about this in any of their FOUR press conferences and only chose to mention it when asked, Fire Emblem Awakening is actually heading to North America now.

http://kotaku.com/5916441/fire-emblem-awakening-will-be-coming-to-american-3ds-systems[/QUOTE]

That's awesome to see another FE game in the US. What's sad is they spent how ungodly long talking about Nintendoland and then they slip this under the radar. Then they wonder why some games don't sell :roll:.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']
00324.jpg

Those hips scare me.

Royalty should be a little more modest.[/QUOTE]

She looks underage. Your commentary about her hips and dress is indicative of pedophilia and sexist attitudes. The Japanese artists are sickos too and they really shouldn't be drawing women like this.

Now, I'm all for freedom and I hate censorship of art, but this shit needs to be entirely banned from the land of the free. At the bare minimum, I want all scenes with her in them wiped from the game because I am personally offended.

Anyone who disagrees with me is a pedophile, BTW.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']...Your commentary about her hips and dress is indicative of pedophilia and sexist attitudes...[/QUOTE]

Those hips, man.

[quote name='SinnerChrno']God damn, Phantom Breaker got delayed AGAIN....

Ah well. Now I can focus 100% on Lollipop Chainsaw next week! :D[/QUOTE]

Wow delayed again #-o Thanks for the heads up

[quote name='DarkSageRK']She looks underage. Your commentary about her hips and dress is indicative of pedophilia and sexist attitudes. The Japanese artists are sickos too and they really shouldn't be drawing women like this.

Now, I'm all for freedom and I hate censorship of art, but this shit needs to be entirely banned from the land of the free. At the bare minimum, I want all scenes with her in them wiped from the game because I am personally offended.

Anyone who disagrees with me is a pedophile, BTW.[/QUOTE]

can't tell if troll or just really stupid.
well she LOOKS underaged in a drawing do the Japanese are sickos and you're a pedophile.
great logic all around.

[quote name='akir']can't tell if troll or just really stupid.
well she LOOKS underaged in a drawing do the Japanese are sickos and you're a pedophile.
great logic all around.[/QUOTE]

I think he was just trolling the people that were arguing about Mugen Souls being censored. Some seemed to basically be saying that anyone who wanted the game uncensored had to be a pedo.

[quote name='barrit']I think he was just trolling the people that were arguing about Mugen Souls being censored. Some seemed to basically be saying that anyone who wanted the game uncensored had to be a pedo.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that was the intention too. I wouldn't call it trolling, but it was very sarcastic.

[quote name='mitnosi']NISA is going to be publishing Way of the Samurai 4 in Europe, both digitally and through retail. I need to find a way to import a retail copy of it.[/QUOTE]
Zavvi/The Hut or 365games, easy :)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']
That's awesome to see another FE game in the US. What's sad is they spent how ungodly long talking about Nintendoland and then they slip this under the radar. Then they wonder why some games don't sell :roll:.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Because according to NoA, announcements about Mario costumes take all precedence and the people watching E3 really care about fitness games, writing messages on the WiiU, and playing stupid minigame collections. You would think they'd have learned their lesson with this generation (they're losing, and no one cares about them) and Operation Rainfall, but nope, according to them, JRPGs are worth less than the announcement that Mario can turn the stage to gold, and Miis can play more minigames.

I don't recall watching a more boring conference in a LONG time - and I was fool enough to watch 2 of them. :headache:

[quote name='ithebigc']In case people didn't know, and you would be forgiven since Nintendo didn't bother talking about this in any of their FOUR press conferences and only chose to mention it when asked, Fire Emblem Awakening is actually heading to North America now.

http://kotaku.com/5916441/fire-emblem-awakening-will-be-coming-to-american-3ds-systems[/QUOTE]
The guy that wrote that Kotaku article was on GiantBomb Wednesday and said that he Reggie accidentally revealed it was coming out.

Apparently he just asked him if it was coming out in America and Reggie said "yeah, you can see more information in the press kit." He looked at a marketing person and said "that's in the press kit right?" :applause:

See Article: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30615

[quote name='Optical']The guy that wrote that Kotaku article was on GiantBomb Wednesday and said that he Reggie accidentally revealed it was coming out.

Apparently he just asked him if it was coming out in America and Reggie said "yeah, you can see more information in the press kit." He looked at a marketing person and said "that's in the press kit right?" :applause:

See Article: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30615[/QUOTE]

Us Americans aren't interested in deep strategy RPGs, you know. We just want to shoot zombies and play American football games. That's common knowledge to everyone at Nintendo. :lol:

[quote name='Blade']Us Americans aren't interested in deep strategy RPGs, you know. We just want to shoot zombies and play American football games. That's common knowledge to everyone at Nintendo. :lol:[/QUOTE]

zombie football come on EA get on this!!!

Noticed yesterday that Little Kings Story for Vita will be getting a physical release in EU, so theres another game I will have to import :D

poS7s.jpg

[quote name='mitnosi']Noticed yesterday that Little Kings Story for Vita will be getting a physical release in EU, so theres another game I will have to import :D

poS7s.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Don't you have to format your memory card to play other regions games?

No, that's only if you want to have access to a different region's PlayStation Store. Vita's basically region-free in physical media. However, it's not digitally.

Are they region locked at all? You'd need to format it to use a different account (like a spare UK one to buy DLC) but if they're actually region locked then it would be a moot point.

[quote name='mitnosi']Noticed yesterday that Little Kings Story for Vita will be getting a physical release in EU, so theres another game I will have to import :D

poS7s.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Aww I didn't realize that we were only getting a digi copy over here :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back