Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
vita games are region free but for DLC you need account from the same region. And for Little King Story there will be DLC.

[quote name='Jedi_Amara']I'm in a PAL region so both games are released here. I haven't had time to play them yet (exams/study etc) but a lot of my friends have and they say that Xenoblade is by far the better of the two; apparently TLS is good but gets boring.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']I imported the PAL Last Story and Xenoblade and I will second this. If you can get both I would say do so, but if it's a choice between the two then there's no question in my mind that Xenoblade is the superior game experience (even if Last Story is visually superior).

On a completely unrelated note, Ys Origin was release for the PC on Steam yesterday.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207350/[/QUOTE]

I know this is delayed, but thank you. It's not really an money issue so much as a time, and it helps to know which one should be my target, at least first target anyway.

[quote name='Nesrie']I know this is delayed, but thank you. It's not really an money issue so much as a time, and it helps to know which one should be my target, at least first target anyway.[/QUOTE]

In that case, Xenoblade is a long game, while TLS takes only about 20 hours.

[quote name='cyko']Grand Knights Kistory for the PSP sadly got canceled...[/QUOTE]

bullshit! i was looking forward to that game. Is it canceled everywhere? I.E. no UK import option either? *sigh* Im already damn sure we wont get any more of the trails in the sky series even though they claimed we would, now the last few psp games are getting canceled left and right. THat was definitely one i had preordered. I wonder what else got canceled. I hope growlanser doesn't get axed

[quote name='barrit']I sent them an email with my original order # and said I see the game is listed again and how do I go about getting their lowest price guarantee, since I previously had it pre-ordered. They sent me the email about how it's being released by a different company now, but they will honor the price if you make another order and reply with your new order #.[/QUOTE]

which email addy did you use if you remember? Im actually having trouble finding an email to send this too. THeres a problem with order help section but no real email addy, especially for this problem. Did you use the generic contact form here?:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=518316

I just placed a reorder for it and will send them an email with the original order confirmation forwarded , but im not sure what email to send it to. Using the contact form on the page i linked doesn't give an actual email that I can forward, just a regular form

[quote name='Kenshindono'] I hope growlanser doesn't get axed

/QUOTE]

It's only a month from release I would be pissed if that somehow happened. It would be my worst birthday present ever.

[quote name='Kenshindono']bullshit! i was looking forward to that game. Is it canceled everywhere? I.E. no UK import option either? *sigh* Im already damn sure we wont get any more of the trails in the sky series even though they claimed we would[/quote]

The only hope for the Trails series now is Steam. XSeed has been working on translating the second game, so hopefully, it will eventually be released.

[quote name='Kenshindono']bullshit! i was looking forward to that game. Is it canceled everywhere? I.E. no UK import option either?[/QUOTE]
Not coming out in English anywhere. Basically Vanillawhere didn't have the time to insert the English text back into the game, so none of the Western publishers can release it.

[quote name='Kenshindono']
which email addy did you use if you remember? Im actually having trouble finding an email to send this too. THeres a problem with order help section but no real email addy, especially for this problem. Did you use the generic contact form here?:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=518316

I just placed a reorder for it and will send them an email with the original order confirmation forwarded , but im not sure what email to send it to. Using the contact form on the page i linked doesn't give an actual email that I can forward, just a regular form[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure if you already sent an email, but you can go ahead and use that form. Since the original order will be wiped away completely from your order history, you can use that form, and click on the "Choose a Different Order" button, then click on the button that says "My order is not shown". Then fill out the rest and be sure to include your original order#.

I emailed amazon a few days ago basically saying I would like my order reinstated blah blah blah and this is what I got back:

Hello,

Unfortunately, when we contacted our supplier, we found "Dragon's Crown" was no longer available. That's why it was canceled from your order--you haven't been charged for it. Once an order is canceled, it no longer appears in your order history.

We normally obtain this item from a supplier who can usually send it to us within the time your order is placed; however, in this case, the supplier has taken longer than expected to respond to us. Unfortunately, our reliance on suppliers and manufacturers for information about their stock means that, occasionally, our database will not reflect all changes.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Until recently we still thought we'd be able to get the "Dragon's Crown" for you.

As you may see Dragon's Crown is no longer available with us and we're not sure when we'll be able to get more.

I am forwarding your message to the inventory department of Amazon.com so that they may add this item to our inventory in future. I'd suggest checking our website from time to time to see if this item is available.

We're working hard to provide a stress-free and convenient shopping experience at Amazon.com. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

Best Regards,

Praveenkumar M.

I'm going to use the link from the email to talk to someone else as it tends to work when contacting az customer service.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You're not gonna get Dragon's Crown for $30. The game changed publishers and the MSRP got raised.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has adjusted the price for a few of us that had it pre-ordered previously. I placed a new order 4/23 and they adjusted it down to $29.99.

[quote name='barrit']Amazon has adjusted the price for a few of us that had it pre-ordered previously. I placed a new order 4/23 and they adjusted it down to $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's dumb of them, I stand corrected.

[quote name='62t']no europe version of Grand Knights History[/QUOTE]
[quote name='pete5883']Not coming out in English anywhere. Basically Vanillawhere didn't have the time to insert the English text back into the game, so none of the Western publishers can release it.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* that really sucks. I wanted to play this game. Insert the english text back into the game? Was it actually translated? If so thats especially annoying

[quote name='Zbornak']The only hope for the Trails series now is Steam. XSeed has been working on translating the second game, so hopefully, it will eventually be released.[/QUOTE]

Double *sigh* Damnit so many good PSP games that were not gonna get. I guess if were not getting Final Fantasy the odds of us getting this other stuffs nill. I do remember XSeed suposedly promising we will get the 2nd game but who knows if thats true. If it is odds are it will be a d.load not a real game, which means i wont be getting it =(

[quote name='barrit']Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure if you already sent an email, but you can go ahead and use that form. Since the original order will be wiped away completely from your order history, you can use that form, and click on the "Choose a Different Order" button, then click on the button that says "My order is not shown". Then fill out the rest and be sure to include your original order#.[/QUOTE]

I didn't email them yet actually. I havent been around the past couple days. I guess i can use that form but i was hoping for a real email addy so i could quote the original order # email. I would just call, but every time i try calling them lately i get some Indian person who speaks terrible English. An email would probably work better. I probably spent over $10K with them last year and have ordered almost nothing from them lately because they kept shipping my LE games in friggin envelopes even after me repeatedly complaining about it. This would be just another reason for me to move most of my purchases elsewhere if they dont match the original price.

Did you use one of the forms, or actually find an email addy? BTW: your avatar reminds me that I need to give Penguin drum another shot. I dropped it after a couple epps because the subbers sucked. I wonder if anyone decent did it. Show seemed a bit out there too which i wasn't in the mood for at the time

[quote name='slowdive21']I emailed amazon a few days ago basically saying I would like my order reinstated blah blah blah and this is what I got back:

I'm going to use the link from the email to talk to someone else as it tends to work when contacting az customer service.[/QUOTE]

what email did you use? A contact form or something? Or did you find a real customer service email.. though sounds like the email you used got you an idiot

^_^x KD

Speaking of Trails in The Sky, XSeed talked about the series at E3. Regarding Trails 2 - ""We haven't given up on it...We're talking possible platform changes, a huge amount of text, technical issues... That one is still difficult."

[quote name='Kenshindono']
what email did you use? A contact form or something? Or did you find a real customer service email.. though sounds like the email you used got you an idiot

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

I used the contact us email and selected orders, order not shown, etc. I will send another email from the link in the reply during a weekday morning and I should get a response from a non foreign CS rep.

[quote name='Zbornak']Speaking of Trails in The Sky, XSeed talked about the series at E3. Regarding Trails 2 - ""We haven't given up on it...We're talking possible platform changes, a huge amount of text, technical issues... That one is still difficult."[/QUOTE]

IE: We will be seeing it on Steam or not at all.

Not sure if this is the 'right' place to ask or not, but since it's a Square game and employs an aesthetic that one would associate with Japanese game design I figure it's a good place to ask some fellow CAGs.

What's the deal with The World Ends With You? I remember seeing it go pretty cheap a while ago, but I just checked Amazon and the used prices are all close to $50. Best to buy around that price, or does Square usually do re-prints of games like this (I assume it's so expensive because of limited prints) that would cause that value to drop?

Also, does anyone know what the deal with Radiant Historia is, as in should I buy this game for around $30 new right now (again, not sure if the price will balloon or fall) or is it worth taking the chance to wait?

TWEWY: I believe it had a reprint which is why it went really cheap last year. I wouldn't hold your breath for another reprint given it's the end of the DS's release cycle and they're moving onto 3DS now.

RH: It's a decent price right now because they did a 3rd print recently due to high demand. I doubt they will do another print after this, so I'd get in now, or at the latest wait for the next B2G1 or something and get it then.

Yeah, thinking about the B2G1 either when I renew my PUR or next time they have one, but also imagine I could use the $10 off coupon thing to get it around $16 for just the cart at GS. Maybe I'll do that to be on the safe side. Guess I'll keep an eye out for TWEWY as well and try to pick that up.

Thanks for all the info!

Do not wait on Radiant Historia. It will become expensive again. It's also one of the very best RPGs on the DS, and should be purchased and played through immediately! lol

[quote name='Zaku77']Do not wait on Radiant Historia. It will become expensive again. It's also one of the very best RPGs on the DS, and should be purchased and played through immediately! lol[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. Amazon still has 999+ copies months after the reprint. People said the same thing about the DQV reprint and it ended up as cheap as 11 bucks. I definitely see Radiant Historia going $15 or less around Black Friday and possibly $19.99 on a LD or something sometime before the end of summer.

As much as I love collecting, I hate playing RPGs on my PSP/3DS/DS.

I go outside to interact with the world, I don't need a lengthy portable distraction.

The only time I'd ever use it would be on a Long Train/Bus/Plane ride, and I never take those.

So when I see my favorite JRPGs get Handheld releases, (KH, DQIX) I vow never to buy them new.

Maybe its just me, but I play tons of rpg's on my portables at home.

Don't care for bringing them around with me, since I'm always with company when I do go out.

[quote name='maigoyume']Maybe its just me, but I play tons of rpg's on my portables at home.

Don't care for bringing them around with me, since I'm always with company when I do go out.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. My gaming set up is in my tiny room so I love laying on our nice big couch and relaxing with a portable RPG.

[quote name='johnoralex']Does anyone know if this game will be any good? I figure this would be the perfect place to ask.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Clan-of-Champions-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/20467943[/QUOTE]

I plan on getting it, but I am not expecting much meat to to it. I'm expecting something like the Arena in Oblivion lol. You play a gladiator that you level up and use winnings to buy better equips, from what I hear. I don't think there will even be a story to it. But you can play with a few friends, so i think it will be fun regardless.

[quote name='Booj']As much as I love collecting, I hate playing RPGs on my PSP/3DS/DS.

I go outside to interact with the world, I don't need a lengthy portable distraction.

The only time I'd ever use it would be on a Long Train/Bus/Plane ride, and I never take those.

So when I see my favorite JRPGs get Handheld releases, (KH, DQIX) I vow never to buy them new.[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer them. Handheld releases usually mean high quality sprite work, which is always something nice. It also means that I can play them anywhere in the house (including bed, which is marvelous) and even have something on the TV at the same time. Portable systems aren't just made to go outside. In fact, mine never even leaves my house! Maybe this will help to quell your handheld ire, at least a little bit. ;)

[quote name='KtMack23']Exactly. My gaming set up is in my tiny room so I love laying on our nice big couch and relaxing with a portable RPG.[/QUOTE]I usually hit up the sumo beanbag and grab a bottle of water.

Now that's the life.

[quote name='Booj']As much as I love collecting, I hate playing RPGs on my PSP/3DS/DS.
So when I see my favorite JRPGs get Handheld releases, (KH, DQIX) I vow never to buy them new.[/QUOTE]

Rpgs make all the sense in the world to be played on a portable system... you dont really care as much about graphics as you would fps or fighting games. I would much prefer more to play an rpg on my portable console because I dont have to worry about looking for a save point when I have to "get up and go." This is why the PSP and DS is invaluable to me.

i'd also like to add that rpg music is the king of all game music, so having a portable system comes in handy if ur on the go and need some tunes. i can't tell u how many times the ui menu music from devil survivor has served as my soundtrack while walking thru downtown sf to school or drifted me to sleep on the train ride home. i fully support rpg's on the go.

Woot. Got an email back from Amazon and they PM'd Dragons Crown. I waited for the weekday to try to get someone who can actually read/speak English. I also re-ordered it and sent a refrence to the new order and old one. I actually think the guy didn't really read the email very well since his reply is a bit off.. he mentions the 'currently listed price of 29.99, but whatever, i got the price i originally ordered it for. Heres what they said:

-----------------
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on Dragon's Crown. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and will reduce the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $29.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

A detailed summary of your adjusted order, including the new order total, can be found here:

*snip*

More information on our pricing policies can be found here:

*snip*

We are here to take care of any issue you've encountered and we always endeavor to assist our valued customer like you with the best of our service and we'll continue working hard to ensure that we provide the quality support you expect from us.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?
*snip*

Best Regards,

Sweety J

-----------------------

Thanks a lot Sweety J! Like i said the wording in their reply was a bit odd.. but the bottom line is i got the price i originally ordered it for so thats cool

^_^x KD

Bean Bag Chairs, Comfy Couches, on the train or plane? HA!
The #1 argument for portable gaming:
220px-Toilet_with_flush_water_tank.jpg

[quote name='TotalHenshin']It's not on the OP, but Disgaea 4 is down to $25 w/ FS on Newegg.com ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879273016 ). Just thought I'd post it since I believe this is the lowest it has ever been.

Also, the man above me is correct. Bathrooms breaks are really the best reason for portables, though that is hindered in an RPG because playing RPGs in 30-minute bites really damages the pacing.[/QUOTE]

You must have a medical problem if you spend long enough in the bathroom to get any kind of decent play time on a portable. You might want to look into fiber supplements.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Not sure why, but AVG says it has blocked some threats from siliconera. Is that site safe?[/QUOTE]

I had this happen to me a while back too, and saw nobody mentioning it anywhere. And it wasn't just AVG giving false positives. It was real malware repeatedly trying to get Admin permissions to install crap. I forget why, but I ended up trying updating Adobe Reader and that seemed to stop the issue with the site. I'm guessing it was an exploit of an outdated plugin.

I think this is subjective. As of late, I feel I'm playing my consoles less and using my portables much more.

Part of the reason for me is that I'm often working and my wife or son (now that he is getting older) are utilizing the TV much more. While I feel the only time I can play a game is right before I go to bed and that is where my DSi XL or PSP comes in handy.

The long grinding of leveling a character in an RPG actually calms me down and helps ease me to sleep. Also, I can play it with the lights closed, where if I read the book, I would need the light to be on and my wife would complain that she can't sleep.

So, portables do come in handy and is my preference as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back