Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Idea Factory games, so I say go for it. That said, I think their 'spectral' games are probably better. We have hardly any console SRPGs anymore, though, so just get the damn thing! lol

[quote name='Vigilante']For whatever reason, your FotNS link is to Amazon? :???:[/QUOTE]

That's weird??? Especially when it says Amazon?

Here is a promo code for Newegg.com:

$10 OFF ALL VIDEO GAME PRE-ORDERS $39.99 & UP with promo code "EMCNDHA44" at Newegg.com, exp. 6/30

Namco Bandai announced a collector's edition for Ni No Kuni today. Sadly it's only for Europe, but I will definitely pay the import fees.

ninokuni629.jpg

Is Ni No Kuni a DLC heavy game? (Judging by the pre-order DLC).

If it isnt, i might jump on that import too. I know its always a hassle to add funds to PSN for other regions

[quote name='dgwillia006']Is Ni No Kuni a DLC heavy game? (Judging by the pre-order DLC).

If it isnt, i might jump on that import too. I know its always a hassle to add funds to PSN for other regions[/QUOTE]

Our versions are actually more of a 'complete' version. I believe we get all DLC that has been released for Japan included with the game if I'm remembering correctly.

EDIT: It's coming to the US. It's a Namco store exclusive.. so no need to import!

So I just preordered Ni No Kuni from the Namco Bandai store. Its listed as $100.

I was wondering if their shipping costs are usually so high? Tax plus shipping almost add another 20 dollars to the price.

[quote name='kickalillas2']Namco Bandai announced a collector's edition for Ni No Kuni today. Sadly it's only for Europe, but I will definitely pay the import fees.

[/QUOTE]

It's in America too here

That is so fucking tempting.

Since we can get the game for $50 from newegg, and the shipping and tax on the Namco Store makes this edition cost around $120, that's $70 for the book (and a plush, I guess). Dammit, it makes me wonder whether they will release it some other way. It's seems strange that they would translate a 300+ page book just to sell it to a limited amount of people, but I'm sure stranger things have happened.

[quote name='SourTaxi']So I just preordered Ni No Kuni from the Namco Bandai store. Its listed as $100.

I was wondering if their shipping costs are usually so high? Tax plus shipping almost add another 20 dollars to the price.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's Digital River who handles their fulfillment. They also do THQ and Capcom. They always charge that much for shipping and whatever tax your state requires.

[quote name='kndy']That's weird??? Especially when it says Amazon?[/QUOTE]Doesn't your post say Newegg for the Fist of the North Star price?

[quote name='Booj']Mine was $108 with shipping. No tax.[/QUOTE]

Mine came to $111 with shipping. I opted for the 2-day because I'm impatient. Though I'll cancel as soon as an opportunity arises at GameStop (work there) or Amazon.

so while looking at the recent Atlus email on Code of Princess, something big stood out to me:
http://www.atlus.com/codeofprincess/purchase.html

free art book and soundtrack from the usual offenders of Amazon/Gamestop.
thing is, they aren't the only ones listed anymore: newegg is too.

newegg currently has a $10 off pre-orders of a $39.99 game or more.
EMCNDHA44
that, and the fact that it doesn't apply to tax to many states (CA isn't one of them, but NY is in their 'no tax' area), gets me and i'm sure a lot of you a $30 3DS game, flat. now they PROBABLY will field that sale again down the road as they, TRU, and amazon have done for the upcoming ones this month at some point or another recently (Heroes of Ruin - TRU/Amazon, KH - newegg and this promo works on it too to make it happen again, Rhythm Thief - $30 from Amazon/newegg/probably retail, Theatherythm - TRU/amazon) but this is still getting it without waiting for a specific sale.

So how is Code of Princess? Anyone aware of reviews from people that have imported it or Japanese impressions? All I know is that it got like 30/40 from Famitsu.

Grabbed these at the Gamestop B2G1 Sale.

Atelier Rorona
Record of Agarest War Zero
Karamari Forever

This has been the first GS I been in, in over a year that had a good stock of games. Also surprised I was able to find both Ronora and Record of Agarest War in the same store.

Also does Namco charge when you preorder or when the item ships? Ni No Kuni is fucking tempting, especially because my GF loves Ghibli and well she would love the artbook.

[quote name='Nitemare25']Since we can get the game for $50 from newegg, and the shipping and tax on the Namco Store makes this edition cost around $120, that's $70 for the book (and a plush, I guess). Dammit, it makes me wonder whether they will release it some other way. It's seems strange that they would translate a 300+ page book just to sell it to a limited amount of people, but I'm sure stranger things have happened.[/QUOTE]

Blah. I want to support JRPGs and all, but $70 for a book? I could buy another JRPG for that much!

Only way I can justify it is to pretend I'm overpaying to support Kickstarter project.

I just hope it is truly limited and there is no other way to get the book. I'd be pissed if the book ends up on Amazon for $20 or something.

Just thought I would mention it, but according to my brother who went to Anime Expo, there is a collectors edition of Mugen Souls coming out from NISA. I believe the prices where $64.99 for the regular collectors edition, and $109 for the Figurine set collectors edition but I could be wrong on the prices.

I am having him pre-order mine today as I am hoping there we be a special AX bonus, but I am sure NISA will release the full details soon.

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']I just hope it is truly limited and there is no other way to get the book. I'd be pissed if the book ends up on Amazon for $20 or something.[/QUOTE]

Well I've seen some Asian/JP versions on ebay floating around that price.

[quote name='apenguindidit']Just thought I would mention it, but according to my brother who went to Anime Expo, there is a collectors edition of Mugen Souls coming out from NISA. I believe the prices where $64.99 for the regular collectors edition, and $109 for the Figurine set collectors edition but I could be wrong on the prices.

I am having him pre-order mine today as I am hoping there we be a special AX bonus, but I am sure NISA will release the full details soon.[/QUOTE]

What did the regular CE have, did he say? I'm assuming probably the usual artbook, OST, premium box, and maybe 1 figure if they are doing the higher priced figure set like Disgaea 4?

Just a heads up, Atlus is having a nice little sale on PSN. The thread for it was closed for some completely unknown reason...

[quote name='DarkZero104']so while looking at the recent Atlus email on Code of Princess, something big stood out to me:
http://www.atlus.com/codeofprincess/purchase.html

free art book and soundtrack from the usual offenders of Amazon/Gamestop.
thing is, they aren't the only ones listed anymore: newegg is too.

newegg currently has a $10 off pre-orders of a $39.99 game or more.
EMCNDHA44
[/QUOTE]
Just attempted to pre-order at Newegg and got this unfortunately:

The promo code EMCNDHA44 has expired and is no longer valid.

[quote name='devilmaycry218']Just attempted to pre-order at Newegg and got this unfortunately:

The promo code EMCNDHA44 has expired and is no longer valid.[/QUOTE]
it expired sunday

whats going on with Dragons crown? This games nuts.. FIrst the 29.99 price got canceled, luckily i got it PM'd on the new publisher.. then the release date keeps getting pushed back. Now its well past the July 30'th date and its still not shipped.. Did it get delayed again? anyone know?

^_^x KD

[quote name='storino03']I thought it got pushed back into 2013?[/QUOTE]

yeah, the current release date is June 30, 2013 and it has been for a while. I'm guessing Kenshindono just misread the year.

[quote name='shimrion']yeah, the current release date is June 30, 2013 and it has been for a while. I'm guessing Kenshindono just misread the year.[/QUOTE]

June 30th, 2013 is a Sunday, so more than likely that's just a placeholder that means that Amazon hasn't been given an actual release date yet.

Is that the same soundtrack CD that came with the UK Limited Edition? If so, I already have the LE, so it isn't that enticing a preorder bonus for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back