Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gravel']P4 showed up in my Gold Box today, so I pre-ordered it too. That skin looks nice, and it's one of the games I bought a Vita to play.[/QUOTE]

Why not get in on one of Newegg's numerous deals to get it for $30?

[quote name='barrit']Mugen Souls got pushed back to Oct. 16th[/QUOTE]
Oh, good. I'll actually have money to preorder the limited edition by then.

[quote name='Zbornak']NIS America just stated that it's still on track for a western release.[/QUOTE]

Oh cool, I heard good things about Black Rock Shooter. I would have preferred a UMD release, but this is still nice.

[quote name='Zaku77']I actually found Growlanser 2 to be pretty sub-par, but with enough good ideas to make me want to continue on in the series. The AI for movement was atrocious, and I would frequently have big issues with my idiot people just getting stuck on each other. The localization was also laughably bad, but that was more a product of its time. It's still a cool series, though, and the later entries look to be quite good.[/QUOTE]

You should actually look into what Working Designs did with the localization. Instead of a janky translation, they actually performed a lot of tweaking and rebalancing to make the game run a lot better than the original Japanese release. That's one reason why I loved that company. The extra touches meant a lot.

[quote name='slainviper']Oh, good. I'll actually have money to preorder the limited edition by then.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same. September is pretty iffy for me as it is. :D

[quote name='storino03']It's PSN in the US and Retail release in the UK. ^^[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. It is retail and PSN for the PS3 in the US and retail on both the PS3 and 360 in the UK.

anyone ordered the DISGAEArt!!! Disgaea Official Illustration Collection? I pre ordered it a long time ago and it looks like it hasn't shipped. Yet when i check Amazon it shows it came out weeks ago
http://www.amazon.com/DISGAEArt-Dis...t!!!+Disgaea+Official+Illustration+Collection

anyone ordered this? Have they got their order yet? I was looking for a way to email amazon about the order but couldn't seem to find it on the page. Yeesh they make it really hard to contact them

^_^x KD

p4g_faithful_sgpe.jpg

I love Atlus and Persona but $70 seems a bit much

[quote name='Kenshindono']anyone ordered the DISGAEArt!!! Disgaea Official Illustration Collection? I pre ordered it a long time ago and it looks like it hasn't shipped. Yet when i check Amazon it shows it came out weeks ago
http://www.amazon.com/DISGAEArt-Disgaea-Official-Illustration-Collection/dp/1926778502/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345791873&sr=8-1&keywords=DISGAEArt%21%21%21+Disgaea+Official+Illustration+Collection

anyone ordered this? Have they got their order yet? I was looking for a way to email amazon about the order but couldn't seem to find it on the page. Yeesh they make it really hard to contact them

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, and yes.

[quote name='buckythekat']
p4g_faithful_sgpe.jpg

I love Atlus and Persona but $70 seems a bit much[/QUOTE]

:drool::drool::drool:
If this is available through Gamestop or Amazon and if only I had the money, I'd be all over this.

[quote name='suwillgetu']Since when does 10,000 mean "EXTREMELY LIMITED"? It's ridiculous that they're charging $30 more for that stuff.[/QUOTE]

But it's got stickers, dude! Stickers! What a value!!

Yeah, I'm not trading up my $30 pre-order to pay $40 for a themed pouch.

[quote name='Kenshindono']anyone ordered the DISGAEArt!!! Disgaea Official Illustration Collection? I pre ordered it a long time ago and it looks like it hasn't shipped. Yet when i check Amazon it shows it came out weeks ago
http://www.amazon.com/DISGAEArt-Dis...t!!!+Disgaea+Official+Illustration+Collection

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived just fine. I'd contact them. Just click on "Help" at the very top of the Amazon page and then the "Contact Us" button on the right.

[quote name='Kenshindono']
anyone ordered this? Have they got their order yet? [/QUOTE]

Got my copy from Right Stuf last week, so it's definitely out.

Anyone else find it weird that one of the items in the collectors edition for Persona 4 Golden is the pre-order bonus?

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Lol that Persona 4 LE is a joke.[/QUOTE]

Well, what else COULD they have in there? Game ports don't usually get bonuses/LEs period. The PS2 game already had a soundtrack and artbook as bonuses, and the Amazon Social Link Pack came with the rest of the soundtrack, a plush, t-shirt, and calendar. What else could they have done, really?

[quote name='Frahps']Well, what else COULD they have in there? Game ports don't usually get bonuses/LEs period. The PS2 game already had a soundtrack and artbook as bonuses, and the Amazon Social Link Pack came with the rest of the soundtrack, a plush, t-shirt, and calendar. What else could they have done, really?[/QUOTE]

A soundtrack, a plush, a t-shirt, and a calendar for $20 is a good deal.

What you're paying for here is the Hori pouch and backcover (the skin is already a preorder bonus and paying for stickers is lol) for $30. That's stupid. You could possibly justify it if you don't already have any Vita accessories. But for those of us who do, there's no value here.

As for what they could include, the options are limitless. Like they did here, just stick the Persona 4 logo on any random plastic junk and sell it. They know we'll buy it.

The only issue to consider is the price. And this price is not worth it. $20 over the regular version would be acceptable. $30 is not.

[quote name='buckythekat']
p4g_faithful_sgpe.jpg

I love Atlus and Persona but $70 seems a bit much[/QUOTE]

Man, that price is... ridiculous. I'm not sure if those sticks are made of real gold or if Atlus has lost it.

[quote name='barrit']The Hori accessories were sold in Japan separately. http://www.play-asia.com/Persona_4_Golden_Accessory_Set/paOS-13-71-1ay-49-en-70-4lbd.html

I forgot how much that kit was, but it was over $30. If I remember correctly, it sold out pretty fast too. I think it's cool they are including it for anyone that wanted that stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'm hearing that they sold for $100 on eBay once they sold out. I think it was still rather high when it was new, too. So $30 extra doesn't seem all that bad.

EDIT: Note that the Japanese set didn't even come with the game, either.

Eh, I'll pass on the P4G Solid Gold Premium Edition. The best bonus item in it--the Hori Hard Pouch--is unnecessary for me since I already own the Vita Vault Case (and it's the best carrying case for it IMO).

Well I just came back from preordering this at Gamestop. I like this bundle, even though it's $40 extra. (Had the Newegg $30 preorder.)

Here's video of the accessories.

[youtube]18OeiKzCNLg[/youtube]

[quote name='Vigilante']Eh, I'll pass on the P4G Solid Gold Premium Edition. The best bonus item in it--the Hori Hard Pouch--is unnecessary for me since I already own the Vita Vault Case (and it's the best carrying case for it IMO).[/QUOTE]

I really don't like this. It's basically the same Hori accessory set that Hori has sold for several games on the PSP and 3DS (including Peace Walker) bundled with the game in an outer box. While they may regularly sell out in Japan, they sure haven't sold out in the US. They could have at least done an art book or a soundtrack or something to make it not just a way to move Hori accessory packs.

I don't even have a vita and ill admit that's a crappy collectors edition for $40 extra.

Hmm spend $40 extra for stickers or buy 2 ounces of silver. I choose the precious metals and the vanilla version of the game.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Hori products at all to begin with. I regard them the same as I regard MadCatz... total garbage.

I might not think that $70 price was so absurd if it were a new game. But this is a spruced up Persona 4, which I already own. It is absolutely ridiculous how often Atlas rereleases games. And they damn sure shouldn't be pricing rereleases the same as actual new games. I will say that if people would actually stand up for themselves, not buy a $70 rerelease game with crappy accessories, then Atlas would perhaps stop being such d-bags about rereleases. But it's not like anyone of this day and age would be willing to do that. People aren't even willing to boycott companies that exist for the purpose of undermining our rights (if I had to apply that to gaming, the example I'd give would be Steam, but gaming wasn't what I thought when I wrote that, for the record) so why would they boycott a company (or game release) for being ridiculously overpriced?

They also do their rereleasing too damn close together. What's the point? I really can't imagine someone thinking, "Persona 4 is a damn good game, but I just wish it were mobile." It isn't even a good game to play on a portable system. It's not something you can just pick up and put down. Ill-thought-out rereleases (when everyone still has the original system) for way too much money = Atlas are d-bags. Just because lame portable systems are trendy (but only when they're Nintendo) doesn't mean you should rerelease all of your games. Clearly they are only looking to get people to double dip. I don't fault a company for wanting to make money, but I do expect game companies to do so mostly by new games, not by endless rereleases (e.g. Persona 3).

[quote name='dandragonrage']Personally, I'm not a fan of Hori products at all to begin with. I regard them the same as I regard MadCatz... total garbage.

I might not think that $70 price was so absurd if it were a new game. But this is a spruced up Persona 4, which I already own. It is absolutely ridiculous how often Atlas rereleases games. And they damn sure shouldn't be pricing rereleases the same as actual new games. I will say that if people would actually stand up for themselves, not buy a $70 rerelease game with crappy accessories, then Atlas would perhaps stop being such d-bags about rereleases. But it's not like anyone of this day and age would be willing to do that. People aren't even willing to boycott companies that exist for the purpose of undermining our rights (if I had to apply that to gaming, the example I'd give would be Steam, but gaming wasn't what I thought when I wrote that, for the record) so why would they boycott a company (or game release) for being ridiculously overpriced?

They also do their rereleasing too damn close together. What's the point? I really can't imagine someone thinking, "Persona 4 is a damn good game, but I just wish it were mobile." It isn't even a good game to play on a portable system. It's not something you can just pick up and put down. Ill-thought-out rereleases (when everyone still has the original system) for way too much money = Atlas are d-bags. Just because lame portable systems are trendy (but only when they're Nintendo) doesn't mean you should rerelease all of your games. Clearly they are only looking to get people to double dip. I don't fault a company for wanting to make money, but I do expect game companies to do so mostly by new games, not by endless rereleases (e.g. Persona 3).[/QUOTE]

Is this another case of "If I don't like it, nobody should like it?"

Have you thought that maybe people buy this stuff because they want to? I don't think anyone is buying this premium edition out of some undying loyalty to Atlus. This re-release is the highest selling Vita game in Japan so far. Obviously, there is a market for this re-release. Just because you don't like the product doesn't mean everyone has to.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Is this another case of "If I don't like it, nobody should like it?"

Have you thought that maybe people buy this stuff because they want to? I don't think anyone is buying this premium edition out of some undying loyalty to Atlus. This re-release is the highest selling Vita game in Japan so far. Obviously, there is a market for this re-release. Just because you don't like the product doesn't mean everyone has to.[/QUOTE]

Did I say I don't like the game? No. I said they're charging too much for a rerelease that is coming so soon that it's pointless, and that if you guys didn't buy it, they wouldn't pull this $70 rerelease crap in the future. That's all factual. It may be your opinion that you don't care, but those who let themselves be ripped off are enablers. I'm sure you won't care about that, either, but it doesn't make my opinion invalid. This is not kindergarten. We adults can talk about things negatively without getting personal, so let's stop fooling ourselves there. Negative opinions are not automatically some sort of trolling as about 99.997% of people on the internet seem to wrongly think. Nobody has a positive opinion about everything, and negative opinions aren't wrong.

#1 seller for Vita? Whoop de doo. Its game library is absolute junk. LOL that it takes a rerelease to top the charts. And I'm no Sony hater, either.. I had a Playstation, and currently have a PS2, PS3, PSP, and PSPgo. I don't really like the company, but I also don't dislike them any more than I dislike most large corporations. And while this opinion has nothing to do with the opinion I gave about Atlas, I won't be buying a Vita at least until Sony decides to give it TV out. If you're the one that does your own driving, then I'm not sure I'd believe that you really find a portable system convenient (I don't expect you to care if I believe you or not). What would you be using it for? Playing it on the john? Wow. I've heard the "doctor's waiting room" argument to that one before... go to the doctor's a lot? I play all games on a TV or computer monitor.. or not at all.

[quote name='dandragonrage']Did I say I don't like the game? No. I said they're charging too much for a rerelease that is coming so soon that it's pointless, and that if you guys didn't buy it, they wouldn't pull this $70 rerelease crap in the future. That's all factual. It may be your opinion that you don't care, but those who let themselves be ripped off are enablers. I'm sure you won't care about that, either, but it doesn't make my opinion invalid. This is not kindergarten. We adults can talk about things negatively without getting personal, so let's stop fooling ourselves there. Negative opinions are not automatically some sort of trolling as about 99.997% of people on the internet seem to wrongly think. Nobody has a positive opinion about everything, and negative opinions aren't wrong.[/QUOTE]

Who called anyone a troll? You're saying people who buy this are getting ripped off, but if they don't think they're getting ripped off, who are you to tell them differently? If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm getting the vanilla version of this game and not the rerelease because, like you, I don't see the value. However, unlike you, I understand that others may want the extras that come with this edition and see the value in buying it.

My point behind the #1 in sales comment is that there is a market for these re-releases.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Who called anyone a troll? You're saying people who buy this are getting ripped off, but if they don't think they're getting ripped off, who are you to tell them differently? If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm getting the vanilla version of this game and not the rerelease because, like you, I don't see the value. However, unlike you, I understand that others may want the extras that come with this edition and see the value in buying it.

My point behind the #1 in sales comment is that there is a market for these re-releases.[/QUOTE]

I'm comparing the release dates (too close - I bet you all still have a PS2 like I do) and prices (rerelease is too much compared to original) of the versions of the game. To pay as much or more for the same game with a little bit of new stuff certainly qualifies as a ripoff in my book. I'd personally recommend people who haven't played Persona 4 before buy the real Persona 4 and deal with having a few less things in return for not paying a bunch of money and not having to play it on a portable.

It's not like I'm putting a gun to your head and telling you not to buy it. But I can't understand why you would buy it, especially if the price doesn't at least annoy you. It seems apparent to me that Atlas is ONLY doing this for the money. It does not bother me that corporations are out to make money, but it seems apparent that it's the ONLY thing that Atlas cares about here, or they wouldn't be releasing every game 2-3 times for full price each time only to get people to buy the same thing multiple times. I do expect companies to care about making money, but not by this disrespectful crap. Give us fair prices, Atlas, and start making original games again.

P.S. no worries, I have nothing more to say on the topic. I've said everything that I have to say. Obviously each person will make his own decision as to whether paying Atlas $(40-70)x(2-3) is worth it.

Oh good, Gamestop has the premium edition available for preorder now? They didn't last night when I got the email from Atlus.

While I do not personally care for the Persona games (I hate the grinding in rogue-likes), I like the story and characters, which made P4U a huge draw for me. I already had P4G preordered just for the Vita skin (and was going to sell the game), but I'm going to swap my preorder to the Premium version on the way home now. Too bad I wasted my PUR points on that $15 off pre-owned coupon already...

[quote name='dandragonrage']They also do their rereleasing too damn close together. What's the point? I really can't imagine someone thinking, "Persona 4 is a damn good game, but I just wish it were mobile." It isn't even a good game to play on a portable system. It's not something you can just pick up and put down. Ill-thought-out rereleases (when everyone still has the original system) for way too much money = Atlas are d-bags. Just because lame portable systems are trendy (but only when they're Nintendo) doesn't mean you should rerelease all of your games. Clearly they are only looking to get people to double dip. I don't fault a company for wanting to make money, but I do expect game companies to do so mostly by new games, not by endless rereleases (e.g. Persona 3).[/QUOTE]

I have played games since the NES and I never played this game before. I had a PS2, but I was sucked into MMOs pretty much that entire era. I like Hori accessories, but I already have a Hori face cover and a case that I used with my PSP, so I'm just getting the standard edition. I think the face cover is really nice. From what I can see, it looks like the standard Hori face cover that I have. It protects well and you can switch it around and use it to stand up your Vita. If you were able to jump on the Newegg deal, you could have pre-ordered the standard edition for $29.99. I don't think that's a bad price at all. Not everyone plays portables on the go either. 90% of the time, I'm at home or in my hotel if I do have to travel.

[quote name='dandragonrage']I'm comparing the release dates (too close - I bet you all still have a PS2 like I do) and prices (rerelease is too much compared to original) of the versions of the game. To pay as much or more for the same game with a little bit of new stuff certainly qualifies as a ripoff in my book. I'd personally recommend people who haven't played Persona 4 before buy the real Persona 4 and deal with having a few less things in return for not paying a bunch of money and not having to play it on a portable.

It's not like I'm putting a gun to your head and telling you not to buy it. But I can't understand why you would buy it, especially if the price doesn't at least annoy you. It seems apparent to me that Atlas is ONLY doing this for the money. It does not bother me that corporations are out to make money, but it seems apparent that it's the ONLY thing that Atlas cares about here, or they wouldn't be releasing every game 2-3 times for full price each time only to get people to buy the same thing multiple times. I do expect companies to care about making money, but not by this disrespectful crap. Give us fair prices, Atlas, and start making original games again.

P.S. no worries, I have nothing more to say on the topic. I've said everything that I have to say. Obviously each person will make his own decision as to whether paying Atlas $(40-70)x(2-3) is worth it.[/QUOTE]

Once again, you assume that your personal situation applies to everyone. I don't have a PS2 and I've never played Persona 4, so I am buying this game for the first time for a system I have.

I bet you get mad at the HD collections too, even though there are some people (like me) who skipped the PS2 generation and others who are willing to buy the games again to play them in HD or to get trophies/achievements.

[quote name='barrit']If you were able to jump on the Newegg deal, you could have pre-ordered the standard edition for $29.99. I don't think that's a bad price at all. Not everyone plays portables on the go either. 90% of the time, I'm at home or in my hotel if I do have to travel.[/QUOTE]

Touche.. $30 isn't so bad. But I still disrespect Atlas' catalog for being so full of rereleases. They try to make rereleases a significant part of their revenue, which is BS.

--tangent/OT--

I started off using my PSP mostly at home, only because it had games not on other systems (e.g. Valkyria Chronicles 2, which while OK, is WAY less good than the original game, which is in my top 5 of all time and I've been gaming since NES too). I bought a PSPgo because it has DualShock3 support. I've had a component out cable for my PSP for a while, but I still had to hold the uncomfortable thing (with annoying wires poking out) to play it. With PSPgo, I can use it essentially like a low-res home console. Which makes it basically equivalent to a Nintendo console :lol:

I hate using any portable console in any situation that involves me looking at it. I cannot find a way to hold it comfortably. Inevitably I have to either tilt my head way too far down to be comfortable, or I have to hold the console up too high to be comfortable. The best I've figured out is using one of those big cushion/pillow things with the little arms on the side in bed up against my wall, and it's still not that comfortable. (I don't mean the boyfriend arm pillow stupid thing that Google wants to show me when I tried to Google what I meant... these look nothing like an arm, and have been around for a long time. Just not sure what the actual name is.)

I guess this is too off topic for this thread though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back