Japanese Wii for under $5 (only 5 available)

Here's the kotaku article:

The Wii is really popular in Japan. Heck, the Wii is popular pretty much everywhere. Selling them? Piece of pie. No wonder Nintendo isn't dropping the price anytime soon. So retailers would have to be nutty to sell them under MSRP. And selling them at a 99 percent discount? BAT SHIT INSANE. Rakuten Ichiban online retail shop GMAX is doing just that. Between November 9th and December 9th, the retailer is apparently selling five (yes, five) for ¥250 ($2.17) — one per customer. If this is just a publicity stunt, then it's totally working!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/only-in-japan/buy-a-japanese-wii-for-us-217-317611.php

This may be a dumb question, but is there anyway to translate this?

I'm definitely interested but have no idea how to order since I cannot read anything.

Remember the fiasco at Amazon.com last year on Thanksgiving? And that was for 1000 360s, I can only imagine the stampede that this would cause.

[quote name='Robman62']i want one now i will pay anyone who read japanese to help me get one thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

You realize you'd be stuck with a system that could only play Japanese games, right?

[quote name='SDC']You realize you'd be stuck with a system that could only play Japanese games, right?[/quote]

yes... "stuck" with a $5 wii that can play japanese imports without being modded. yes, that would be an awful problem to have.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Remember the fiasco at Amazon.com last year on Thanksgiving? And that was for 1000 360s, I can only imagine the stampede that this would cause.[/QUOTE]
Dude, this is for a fucking MONTH, not something stupid like one day. Japanese people aren't retarted.

[quote name='SDC']You realize you'd be stuck with a system that could only play Japanese games, right?[/QUOTE]
Oh, in that case it's totally not worth $2.17 :roll:

[quote name='PyroGamer']Dude, this is for a fucking MONTH, not something stupid like one day. Japanese people aren't retarted.[/QUOTE]

I'm no statistician, but wouldn't some of them be? :)

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Remember the fiasco at Amazon.com last year on Thanksgiving? And that was for 1000 360s, I can only imagine the stampede that this would cause.[/quote]
what happened please fill me in

bread's done
Back