Jeff Bell puts the internets in their place ;)?

Pretty funny that the poster got called out by Bell. I didn't like his bit in the press conference either, I was like WTF is this guy? But I mean think about it, it would definitely suck to be made fun of by the entire gaming community and it would be hard to just read all this criticism and not say anything.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Pretty funny that the poster got called out by Bell. I didn't like his bit in the press conference either, I was like WTF is this guy? But I mean think about it, it would definitely suck to be made fun of by the entire gaming community and it would be hard to just read all this criticism and not say anything.[/QUOTE]

esp if you came from working at a car company where this doesn't happen at all.

It's nice to see highly paid and compensated executives really "get down" verbally with the youth of the world.... It's fashionable. It couldn't have been better if Ballmer himself had thrown a chair and starting flinging poo.

Seriously, is _that_ all he could come up with? :) I was hoping for something more creative, sarcastic, or humorous. Because quite frankly, being an executive at Chrysler and Microsoft isn't exactly solving world hunger or saving Darfur... :) Honestly, is he implying his contribution to society (I assume he means being part of the "360" team) is somehow making the world a safer, better, happier place for everyone? Everyone with $400 to spend...

Maybe he's done some grand humanitarian effort and it's just not getting any decent press... *shrug*

And no, my contributions to society are more greenhouse gasses and crappy systems software. :) The difference being... I don't really care. :) heh.

The guy came across as a complete tool (or bell-end LOL) but so did the other MS presenters, with the exception of Moore who at least seemed like a real person. Too bad all the rest of them are still there and Moore just left...!

I didn't watch the Sony conference so they may have been worse for all I know..

Bell showed what a jackass he is. Who is he to judge someone else? What did *he* contribute to society that makes him so high and mighty?

what if that person is a police officer or a firefighter? That person would have done more for society than Bell ever did.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']If "if's and "but's" were candy and nuts....I forget the rest.[/QUOTE]
If "if's" and "but's: were candy and nuts we'd all be horse shoes

Or maybe it's something else :p

[quote name='porieux']The guy came across as a complete tool (or bell-end LOL) but so did the other MS presenters, with the exception of Moore who at least seemed like a real person. Too bad all the rest of them are still there and Moore just left...!

I didn't watch the Sony conference so they may have been worse for all I know..[/QUOTE]

the sony conference went much better this year. they actually made a "riiiidge racer" joke. other than that, they were just presenting trailers, so there wasn't much BS. but Jack Tretton has the charisma of a bag of rocks, which made for a great interaction between him and Chewbacca.

anyway, yeah, Jeff Bell, what an embarrassment when he was on stage with Reggie Bush. I hate it when white guys lace ebonics into their conversation when talking to a black person--like they turn it on and off like a faucet. I don't think it's racist or anything, it just sounds fucking stupid and I become embarrassed for them...and Jeff Bell was the worst case I've seen in a long time :lol:

[quote name='Apossum'] Jack Tretton has the charisma of a bag of rocks, which made for a great interaction between him and Chewbacca. :[/QUOTE]

Come on, no need to bring the good name of Chewy down. I could almost guarantee that Chewbacca could walk into any room and growl, and all eyes will be on him. That's charisma baby.

Edit, on topic though. I read the Next-Gen article, outside of the overall story being halarious, Bell comes off horribly in my eyes. Sorry, you are the ones going on stage and presenting. You want people to watch and to care, part of that will be to critique the presenters. We aren't in Romper Room here. Next-Gen said his performance is stiff.

Who cares what contribution this "Master Ninja" has to socieity. Who cares if he's a 700lb tub of lard that watches tv all day. If he's right, he's right. Also, as many have said, what does Bell do? He's one of many VP's in a large company. Just because you work for a company doesn't mean that your helping society. If Bell died tomorrow, will most of our lives be effected in any sort of meaningful way ? Unless your related to him, probably not.

So, Bell is likely just another useless person walking around, like 90% of society is.

On Gamespot's "The Hotspot" I don't remember which editor it was (might of been Jeff) mentioned that after the press conference he expected people to be saying "Wow all these games look terrific" but instead it was more or less "Why did they bring that tool out on stage?"

[quote name='lordxixor101']Come on, no need to bring the good name of Chewy down. I could almost guarantee that Chewbacca could walk into any room and growl, and all eyes will be on him. That's charisma baby.

Edit, on topic though. I read the Next-Gen article, outside of the overall story being halarious, Bell comes off horribly in my eyes. Sorry, you are the ones going on stage and presenting. You want people to watch and to care, part of that will be to critique the presenters. We aren't in Romper Room here. Next-Gen said his performance is stiff.

Who cares what contribution this "Master Ninja" has to socieity. Who cares if he's a 700lb tub of lard that watches tv all day. If he's right, he's right. Also, as many have said, what does Bell do? He's one of many VP's in a large company. Just because you work for a company doesn't mean that your helping society. If Bell died tomorrow, will most of our lives be effected in any sort of meaningful way ? Unless your related to him, probably not.

So, Bell is likely just another useless person walking around, like 90% of society is.[/QUOTE]

nah, it was great. they did the whole "guy who understands exactly what chewbacca is saying bit" and at one point chewbacca got pissed at him and swatted him to the ground. okay, that last part didn't happen, but it would've been much cooler if it did :)

I think Jeff Bell doesn't have much of a sense of humor or humility.

bread's done
Back