Jellyfish.com - The first internet gameshow

DrNo

CAGiversary!
Not quit free, but definatly fun. Jellyfish is another online price comparison engine, but with a great promotional tool. Every weekday they have something called "Smack of th Day", which is a reverse auction & an internet gameshow all rolled into one. It works great for the people who like a good deal and the people who don't want to spend a buck. :)

The reverse auction works where Jellyfish lists an item at retail price and then lowers the price every second till all the stock has been purchased. This in itself is a great deal, I've used it and it works great, I've purchased a DS Lite for $75 and an XBox 360 Premium for $275.

It sounds a bit wierd, but you should definatly check it out since they have made this whole affair an internet gameshow with chances for viewers to win amazing prizes (Wii, PS3s, $500!). All you have to do is guess the final discount on the reverse auction and if you are right, then you have a chance at the "Smack Wheel" with all sorts of crazy prizes.

If you do check it out, I'd appreciate the referal click: www.jellyfish.com/?jfp=I4KFkuA7o3wrm6oEL9mkBIQ7F3FZ8kblJoFAsDvi4n4==

Some quick tips:
If you plan on purchasing a "smack deal", you should fill out your billing information as soon as you sign up so that you can quickly purchase the deal without the risk of not placing your order in time. Happens quite often.

Base your "Guru Guesses" on what you think a good eBay price would be (taking in consideration s&h). There are some trolls who will buy items just to resell on eBay.

Have fun and don't forget to say hi when you see me online,
-DrNO

Sounds good........ might actually be able to get a PS3 for slightly cheaper! So what's the catch? Well its roughly 30% off MSRP for the XBoX360 premium so I dont know.....hope this isn't just pulling my chain.

Will sign on later.

Jellyfish is cool. I use to use fatwallet, but the smack of the day was just too good to pass up so I ended up switching.

As far as I know, there are no catch for the game show part of it. Anyone can play without buying anything, I just saw someone today win $500. As for the buying stuff cheap part, you pay full price and after 60 days Jellyfish sends you a check. It works great now, I got my first check a week ago for the XBox core I got for $165... which is a pretty good deal since you can find a HDD for cheap on eBay.

The best days are the smack-a-thons they run that last almost 24 hours. I almost emptied my bank account in one day. :) Sorta like a woot off, but much better stuff.

Blingo and Jellyfish are my two favs.

[quote name='nefaquotek']Sounds good........ might actually be able to get a PS3 for slightly cheaper! So what's the catch?[/quote]

Yea, like Astro said you have to pay retail upfront and wait 60 days to get a check for the discount. They do this because Jellyfish isn't a store, so like google check or paypal check out, Jellyfish places the order with the retailer (like J&R or Newegg) that offers the best price for you and then makes sure you don't return the item and pocket the Jellyfish money. It works out well and I've gotten my checks from them without any hassle or paying anything extra. I also love how I don't have to give the store my email address, because Jellyfish provides you with an forwarding one.

[quote name='nefaquotek']Wait what do referrals get you...?[/quote]

Referrals don't get much really. Like I mentioned above Jellyfish isn't a store, it's a pricing engine (like pricegrabber) that offers money back for the purchases you'd make anyways. So like if you were to buy something from Buy.com, you'd go through Jellyfish and jump to the Buy.com site. Then anything you buy from Buy.com Jellyfish would give you 2.5% back. I made a killing when Google was offering the $20 off coupon. :)
As a referrer, I'd get like 50% of Jellyfish's commision. So it'd be like you'd get 2.5%, I'd get 1.25%, and Jellyfish would get %1.25. Not using me as a referrer would mean you'd still only get 2.5%, but Jellyfish would get 2.5% as well.

Hope that clears it up. Happy smacking. :)

P.s.- Blingo looks pretty cool, anything to get free stuff :)

P.s.- Blingo looks pretty cool, anything to get free stuff :)[/quote]

Well that's pretty cool. Thanks for clarifying. I'll sign up as soon as I get some free time.

I completely forgot that Bling existed........ well they do have cool stuff but getting it is pretty hard. I used it for about three months and gave up because I didnt' win anything. Some people report having won at least a movie ticket though.

[quote name='nefaquotek']P.s.- Blingo looks pretty cool, anything to get free stuff :)[/quote]

I completely forgot that Bling existed........ well they do have cool stuff but getting it is pretty hard.[/quote]

Yeah, I use to win allot from blingo, mainly itunes songs, but recently I haven't won anything. Maybe there are too many ppl. using it now.

Thanks for the heads up on Jellyfish, I won a rubber chicken and got $2.32 back on my Lost Planet purches. :) It's like they are gonna pay for my live account by years end.

[quote name='Pixel Pounder']Thanks for the heads up on Jellyfish, I won a rubber chicken and got $2.32 back on my Lost Planet purches. :) It's like they are gonna pay for my live account by years end.[/quote]

LoL, the rubber chicken is cool because they usually bundle it with an iPod shuffle or some other bonus prize. I haven't gotten a chance at the wheel, but I've definatly made some great purchases.

So with blingo, couldn't I just make 2 accounts and use the 2nd to double up on prizes? Well good hunting anyways.

Anyone else find it interesting that DrNo, Astro and Pixel Pounder all registered for CAG in the last few days just so they could post in this thread?

[quote name='NeoFrank1']Anyone else find it interesting that DrNo, Astro and Pixel Pounder all registered for CAG in the last few days just so they could post in this thread?[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed that. Whatever though, I just didn't use the referral links.

[quote name='NeoFrank1']Anyone else find it interesting that DrNo, Astro and Pixel Pounder all registered for CAG in the last few days just so they could post in this thread?[/quote]

Well the OP is definitely spam, but yeah, the site actually looks good.

So the big deals for jellyfish are only when they do that reverse auction thing? Cause the regular cash backs are well...weenery

I don't know Pixel Pusher, but i do enjoy conspiracy theories.:applause: You can look at the referral structure, I really don't benefit a whole lot and any benefit I do get only lasts a year. I just treat the referrals like a score. :)

So if you want to use it (www.jellyfish.com/?jfp=I4KFkuA7o3wrm6oEL9mkBIQ7F3FZ8kblJoFAsDvi4n4==) go ahead, if not at least just check out the Smack of the Day and report back how well you did. :)

So the big deals for jellyfish are only when they do that reverse auction thing? Cause the regular cash backs are well...weenery
Yeah, the Smack of the Day (the reverse auction & daily contest) is probably the biggest draw. Check it out, it's really cool how well it works as a gameshow.
The regular Jellyfish system can't offer you all that much... but then again, you getting back advertising dollars that are tacked onto the cost of the products you buy. It works well for some situations and not so well for others, but either way you get cash back.

Letting you guys know that there is going to be a GeForce 8800GTX on Jellyfish today at 1EST, should go for 30-45% off.

They are also doing a bonus Smack Show, called Consumerism", where the "viewers" get to choose what gets put up next. That's going to start out with a 8 Gig iPod Nano, which has been going for around 33-36% off.

Hope to see some of you there, if you see me say hello. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giveaway of the Day - Free FULLY LICENSED software every day
Jellyfish - You really can't get a better deal without risking jail time.
Blingo - Think if Google gave you prizes to search.
NetWinner - The Free Internet Lottery
nCoder Deals - Simply the cream of the crop.

I was watching a smackoff and I really like the way Jellyfish does things, the only minus side to it is it seems like they have a much more limited stock of the item they're sellin in the smackoff than a place like woot.com does. Still if your in need of something theres a great chance you can get 40% off.

[quote name='Rouzuki']I was watching a smackoff and I really like the way Jellyfish does things, the only minus side to it is it seems like they have a much more limited stock of the item they're sellin in the smackoff than a place like woot.com does. Still if your in need of something theres a great chance you can get 40% off.[/quote]
Yeah, you are right. The stock is extremly limited, that's because they take a loss on what is sold where woot, in most cases, is making a profit. The limited supply, while in some cases makes you bite your teeth, is also part of the fun since they do multiple deals and the gameshow thing too.

bread's done
Back