Jericho CE Xbox 360 $4.99 YMMV

reibeatall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Today, there was a (wrongful) price drop on the 360 version of the Jericho collector's edition from $49.99 to $4.99. An e-mail got sent out shortly after saying that it was a mistake and to not sell it at that price, but it's worth a shot for you guys. It's probably not tagged, but it DOES ring up at that price.

Good luck.

[quote name='markyshizzle']if any1 could pick 1 up at that price id give $ for it[/QUOTE]
This appears to be written in code and I've left my book of cyphers at home.

Called a store and asked them to scan the price and it looks like it has been fixed :(

Rings up at $49.99

[quote name='reibeatall']Today, there was a (wrongful) price drop on the 360 version of the Jericho collector's edition from $49.99 to $4.99. An e-mail got sent out shortly after saying that it was a mistake and to not sell it at that price, but it's worth a shot for you guys. It's probably not tagged, but it DOES ring up at that price.

Good luck.[/quote]

Did you buy one?

$4.99, hahaha I know it's a mistake but that was fast...beats the previous record holder Beowulf for fastest and biggest tank for dropping 66% from $60 to $20 in what, less than a month?

[quote name='JDUB X']Called a store and asked them to scan the price and it looks like it has been fixed :(

Rings up at $49.99[/QUOTE]

Unless it's a good friend of yours, I really don't see the point of calling up a GS over the phone and asking for something. For all you know, it may still show up at $4.99 and the guy told you $49.99, and set it aside to buy it as soon as he clocks out. I'm not saying the deal is still going on, just pointing out the flaws of calling up a store for availability/price check.

[quote name='reibeatall']Today, there was a (wrongful) price drop on the 360 version of the Jericho collector's edition from $49.99 to $4.99. An e-mail got sent out shortly after saying that it was a mistake and to not sell it at that price, but it's worth a shot for you guys. It's probably not tagged, but it DOES ring up at that price.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

NEW or USED ?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Did you buy one?[/quote]

I'm going back up there tonight to grab it. Working there does have its perks.

Like I said, they sent an e-mail out saying to disregard the $4.99. Prices don't change mid-day, so if some retard employee actually tagged it at $4.99, they should give it to you. That's why the YMMV.

[quote name='Negative']Unless it's a good friend of yours, I really don't see the point of calling up a GS over the phone and asking for something. For all you know, it may still show up at $4.99 and the guy told you $49.99, and set it aside to buy it as soon as he clocks out. I'm not saying the deal is still going on, just pointing out the flaws of calling up a store for availability/price check.[/quote]

I 100% see your point but I am also not going to rush out and waste Gas on a wild goose chase.

hmmm, I wonder how much it trades in for? There's the 30% trade in bonus (stacked with Edge...), this could turn out to be quite lucrative for some people.

Meh. I couldn't stand the demo, and I can't see myself ever getting around to playing this. Probably not worth the effort of driving over there.

Even if it was tagged $4.99, I'm sure they would refuse to honor it. Everytime I find something that had gone up at price but had the lower price sticker on it, they refuse to honor it at EB. Like Harry Potter for GCN, it was $9.99 but they had raised it to $29.99 (would have been $4.99 A/C when it was $9.99), they refused to honor the sticker price. Same with a GBA golf game, it had been $2.99 for a few days, and was tagged $2.99, they raised it back to $19.99, they refused the $2.99 on that one as well.

Then they had a game on sale for $9.99 and there was a $5 coupon in the flyer. They insisted the $9.99 price was with the coupon (despite it ringing up for $9.99) and refused to honor the $4.99 A/C price. I didn't back down on that one since I knew they were wrong and did get it for $4.99.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Even if it was tagged $4.99, I'm sure they would refuse to honor it. Everytime I find something that had gone up at price but had the lower price sticker on it, they refuse to honor it at EB. Like Harry Potter for GCN, it was $9.99 but they had raised it to $29.99 (would have been $4.99 A/C when it was $9.99), they refused to honor the sticker price. Same with a GBA golf game, it had been $2.99 for a few days, and was tagged $2.99, they raised it back to $19.99, they refused the $2.99 on that one as well.

Then they had a game on sale for $9.99 and there was a $5 coupon in the flyer. They insisted the $9.99 price was with the coupon (despite it ringing up for $9.99) and refused to honor the $4.99 A/C price. I didn't back down on that one since I knew they were wrong and did get it for $4.99.[/quote]

Wow, what state do you live in? Most states have consumer protection laws that compel the retailer to sell items at their posted, advertised, or stickered price. Cali for sure has such consumer protections, and you can definitely contact the state department of commerce or of weights and measures, forgot which it was, and report such incidents. The company can face huge fines and penalties, civil damages etc.

I got the last CE they had at the location near me. Both of the sales people couldn't believe the price. They had their manager on the phone so they asked him about the price. After about 15 to 20 minutes of trying to get it to change by looking the game up any which way they could think of the manager broke down and told them to sell it to me. After all that the cashier still kept trying to scan it several more times but still sold it to me.

[quote name='karkyco']Wow, what state do you live in? Most states have consumer protection laws that compel the retailer to sell items at their posted, advertised, or stickered price. Cali for sure has such consumer protections, and you can definitely contact the state department of commerce or of weights and measures, forgot which it was, and report such incidents. The company can face huge fines and penalties, civil damages etc.[/QUOTE]
PA, I don't think think retailers have to honor stickered prices in this state.

yeah. i highly doubt they'd sell it to me if i were to find it at that price also. after xmas, i went in to buy condemned for $5. it had the $15 sticker off on it and the guy at the register was like OH THATS WRONG, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE $5 OFF STICKER. i didnt want to argue with the obese dirtball, so i just took it for 15.

[quote name='karkyco']Wow, what state do you live in? Most states have consumer protection laws that compel the retailer to sell items at their posted, advertised, or stickered price. Cali for sure has such consumer protections, and you can definitely contact the state department of commerce or of weights and measures, forgot which it was, and report such incidents. The company can face huge fines and penalties, civil damages etc.[/quote]

It's just like the WalMart pre order mistakes last week.
If it's a mistake, trust me.. they WON'T honor it.

I ordered SSB Brawl Wii and Dark Sector 360 for $20 each.
I got an email back saying the orders were canceled.

Just to see what would happen I mailed back and brought up the retail pricing debate with them. They mailed back a long explanation and email saying that they have absolute rights to refuse a sale or cancel any order that has been mis-printed or priced under law "blah blah blah". Pointed me to their regulations "yadda yadda".

It's worth a shot, but just don't be shocked if it won't work.

i now have 6 copies...took one to a local trader and was given 50 in cash.

went to two different gamestops.

Both of them used the explanation "it must be because they are Gamestop exclusives, and one told me that they could not sell it because of the email they received"
nonetheless,
i made out like a bandit.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']PA, I don't think think retailers have to honor stickered prices in this state.[/quote]

Thats a shame, i don't know if it was by law, but when i worked at EBgames, we always honored a sticker if it was lower priced. I guess some stores don't care about customers.

:points to CC:

[quote name='Don Wuebos']i now have 6 copies...took one to a local trader and was given 50 in cash.

went to two different gamestops.

Both of them used the explanation "it must be because they are Gamestop exclusives, and one told me that they could not sell it because of the email they received"
nonetheless,
i made out like a bandit.[/quote]

and as such, you should sell one to me.

[quote name='toneroni']dont think he would actually sell them to other CAGers[/quote]

Same.
I don't know if I should go look for one today.
Probably got fixed early afternoon, or they'll refused to sell.

[quote name='underliness']Yeah this game sucked pretty hard, I beat it after my friend rented it and got fed up after 1 day. Anyone know whats in the CE?[/quote]

Secret code unlockable with a Gameshark. Containing personal apologies by each of the programmers.

Thats something I don't like. If he doesnt/wont sell it to other CAGers then why post it like that? Just state that it worked.

I wish I was able to take advantage of the deal. A newer 360 game for $5 is very worth it

bread's done
Back