jericho & folklore cheap @ target

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashhard23

CAG Veteran
i dont know if this was posted before but went to target today and they had jericho on clearence for 25 and folklore for 30. a pretty good deal to me.and this stacks up with that 5$ off of 25$ and up toy coupon. so you could get them for 20 an 25.

[quote name='crashhard23']i dont know if this was posted before but went to target today and they had jericho on clearence for 25 and folklore for 30. a pretty good deal to me.and this stacks up with that 5$ off of 25$ and up toy coupon. so you could get them for 20 an 25.[/quote]

posted in the target thread for the last 200 or so posts and it's even cheaper than that at some stores.

Maybe the easiest solution is to have a thread index and have more aggressive moderation.

For example have a uniform way of dealing with B&M stores (yes i know they exist, but instead keep a similar naming scheme):

Target Clearance Thread (X)
Sears Clearance Thread (X)
K-Mart Clearance Thread (X)
TRU Clearance Thread (X)

Then dump these into a thread index as a sticky so people can find them and post a rule saying to post deals into respective B&M threads.

Just my 2 cents..

Why are people so anal about multiple threads? Personally I hate those all-in-one threads because you have to read through 1000 comments to find anything.

[quote name='kosh_kesh24']Why are people so anal about multiple threads? Personally I hate those all-in-one threads because you have to read through 1000 comments to find anything.[/quote]

Yeah, unless the first page is updated on those threads (have been lately, didn't used to be) then it makes it really annoying sifting through people's comments.

Having individual threads for specific games also helps those who are looking for a deal on a specific game rather than deals at a particular store. If we're going to do "official" threads, they should be official game threads rather than store threads.

[quote name='kosh_kesh24']Why are people so anal about multiple threads? Personally I hate those all-in-one threads because you have to read through 1000 comments to find anything.[/quote]

agreed. i'd rather see multiple smaller threads over one huge one.

That's why you are a cag in training.
Less clutter more butter, plz.
Target thread mod is great, updates first post about 3 times a day. Search before you post, we appreciate the deals but check for redundancy.

I don't mind a bit of redundancy if it's a good deal. People tend to miss a lot of deals in the stickies especially since most of the stuff is at retail price.

Ok updating a thread is great and all, but it doesn't draw attention. Lets say I wanted I kinda wanted COD4, but wasn't actively seeking it. If Target has it on sale and updates their thread, great, but I'm probably not going to just stumble across it. If someone gives the COD4 sale its own thread, I'm more likely to come across it. Yes, you could argue I could do a search for COD4, but most games I buy are just because I saw a random thread announcing a game was on sale.

People getting all bent out of shape about multiple threads just seems like a repeated action. You've seen other people flamed for it, so you automatic response is to do the same.

[quote name='kosh_kesh24']Ok updating a thread is great and all, but it doesn't draw attention. Lets say I wanted I kinda wanted COD4, but wasn't actively seeking it. If Target has it on sale and updates their thread, great, but I'm probably not going to just stumble across it. If someone gives the COD4 sale its own thread, I'm more likely to come across it. Yes, you could argue I could do a search for COD4, but most games I buy are just because I saw a random thread announcing a game was on sale.

People getting all bent out of shape about multiple threads just seems like a repeated action. You've seen other people flamed for it, so you automatic response is to do the same.[/QUOTE]

agreed

If you're looking for any specific recent game, you watch the Target thread. It is pretty simple. You don't have to go more than a page or two back from the end, if it happens to not be on the front page. A "good deal" what is that. Almost everything at Target on clearance is eventually a good deal for somebody.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']neither were on clearance at the target i went to in wilkes-barre, pa yesterday.[/quote]

ANOTHER local CAG? DAMN!!! I used to think I was the only person around here, but I guess not anymore. The Target in Dickson City HAD copies of Jericho for $12.48 which finally dropped from $29.98. So, maybe do a return/rebuy up my way? NO copies of Folklore up here AT ALL and since Jericho dropped, NONE of those either.

Either way, good luck and if those games are at $30 each, just pick em up since they WERE $50-60 originally. So, 50% off normal retail is still a deal to most.

Working for your deals is something that many of the newbies seem unable or unwilling to do, they seem to want the convenience of checking the first post and going out to the stores to grab whatever they want.

But, the downside to that is the people who are looking to flip the games on Ebay would also be privy to that info and clean out MANY peoples Targets, Kmarts etc. And WHO would be to blame? The whiners wanting all the info in ONE SPOT.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']ANOTHER local CAG? DAMN!!! I used to think I was the only person around here, but I guess not anymore. The Target in Dickson City HAD copies of Jericho for $12.48 which finally dropped from $29.98. So, maybe do a return/rebuy up my way? NO copies of Folklore up here AT ALL and since Jericho dropped, NONE of those either.

Either way, good luck and if those games are at $30 each, just pick em up since they WERE $50-60 originally. So, 50% off normal retail is still a deal to most.[/quote]

I feel your pain...Chicago area is drying up too. I bought NGS for $30 today since there is only 1 out there. I haven't even seen Jericho or Folklore for ANY price at ANY target store in my area. My target has spiderman 3 and oblivion for 29.99 each...everything else is full price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']ANOTHER local CAG? DAMN!!! I used to think I was the only person around here, but I guess not anymore. The Target in Dickson City HAD copies of Jericho for $12.48 which finally dropped from $29.98. So, maybe do a return/rebuy up my way? NO copies of Folklore up here AT ALL and since Jericho dropped, NONE of those either.

Either way, good luck and if those games are at $30 each, just pick em up since they WERE $50-60 originally. So, 50% off normal retail is still a deal to most.

Working for your deals is something that many of the newbies seem unable or unwilling to do, they seem to want the convenience of checking the first post and going out to the stores to grab whatever they want.

But, the downside to that is the people who are looking to flip the games on Ebay would also be privy to that info and clean out MANY peoples Targets, Kmarts etc. And WHO would be to blame? The whiners wanting all the info in ONE SPOT.[/quote]

I live about 10 miles outside of Hazleton. Alot of the deals i get start out being for my own use, but if i end up not liking the game, i usually end up trading it for another game i want. Occasionally i'll sell some stuff on amazon, to keep extra money coming for more deals.

For a while, I was hitting stores ALL OVER THE DAMNED PLACE. I was hitting Syracuse area and Waverly/Ithaca/Big Flats in NY state, out to Paramus in NJ and every stop in between and even down to the south to Harrisburg and the like.

Hell, the last time I went to Atlantic City with my one friend, it ended up taking EIGHT hours instead of THREE because I stopped in Springfield, King Of Prussia, Deptford(in NJ) and a couple other places. And, on a trip to Gettysburg over the summer, it took 7 hours to get to the hotel we stayed at because I stopped at every Kmart, Best Buy and so on on the way down there.

How's the Kmart in the Schuylkill Mall doing these days? I ask because the one time I went to that mall, I'd have sworn that the Kmart was closed and a Sears Essentials opened in a building off to the side of the mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back