Jericho- is it THAT bad? Honest opinions needed...

xx2541

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Hi folks,

I am thinking about picking up Jericho for $34.99 new at Best buy after the $10 off coupon.

My question for anyone who owns it or played it- is it really as BAD as the reviews portray it? Or is it just misunderstood? A sleeper? Is it worth $34.99?

It looks really cool, and I DO understand that it has problems, but i'm thinking I might enjoy it anyway.

Honest opinions appreciated!

Cheers!

It's not bad at all. It isn't, however, innovative in the least. It's also extremely, extremely linear (seriously, it's basically a corridor shooter), and has little replay value. But, it looks great, and the sword combat, while simple, I found to be one of the most satisfying things in a FPS this year.

If you want a dumb, good-looking FPS with some corny, but fairly unique stylings that's got at least one solid play-though in it, go for it.

You might want to rent it though, if it's lack of much replay value is a turn-off...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It's not bad at all. It isn't, however, innovative in the least. It's also extremely, extremely linear (seriously, it's basically a corridor shooter), and has little replay value. But, it looks great, and the sword combat, while simple, I found to be one of the most satisfying things in a FPS this year.

If you want a dumb, good-looking FPS with some corny, but fairly unique stylings that's got at least one solid play-though in it, go for it.

You might want to rent it though, if it's lack of much replay value is a turn-off...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Although you'd be better off renting it because there is pretty much NO replay value at all.

All in all though, it's fairly underrated and I had a pretty good amount of fun with it. Also, play it on hard your first playthrough.

If the demo's any indication (I can't say for sure, since I was put off by this on the demo): your squad is just cannon fodder. Is there any coherent ability to keep those folks alive, or are they simply "red-shirts" for you to put in front of the nasties? I had a tough time keeping the buggers out of harm's way, but visually... the game looked pretty creepy... and that's a plus. ;)

I dunno if I'd buy it either... probably worth a rent, as noted.

[quote name='Mechafenris']If the demo's any indication (I can't say for sure, since I was put off by this on the demo): your squad is just cannon fodder. Is there any coherent ability to keep those folks alive, or are they simply "red-shirts" for you to put in front of the nasties?[/QUOTE]
Well, you need to keep them alive, both so that you don't get a game over, and so that you can possess them when you want to.

I know the demo was out, but I didn't think that it gave a real idea of what the game actually is. Maybe i'll rent it.

I'm bummed though- it looked like it had such great potential. I love Clive Barker and gory stuff, so this looked like a slam dunk. But if the game is broken, then none of those things will make it a great game...

i am actually playing this one right now from Gamefly .. i would probably pay $15 bucks for it. MAYBE $20 if clive barker begged me.

once you master the team aspect the game is interesting and if your into that dark evil bat shit crazy occult stuff you will enjoy the story and visuals.

[quote name='xx2541']But if the game is broken, then none of those things will make it a great game...[/QUOTE]
It's not broken at all. It's perfectly functional; it's just ultra-linear and has little replay value.

[quote name='TripleTags']i am actually playing this one right now from Gamefly .. i would probably pay $15 bucks for it. MAYBE $20 if clive barker begged me.

once you master the team aspect the game is interesting and if your into that dark evil bat shit crazy occult stuff you will enjoy the story and visuals.[/quote]

How long is the game in total hours?

[quote name='xx2541']How long is the game in total hours?[/QUOTE]
Dozen maybe.

Seriously, rent it, give it a weekend, and you should be happy.

Recently picked this up from a trade here and I'm probably 75% done with this thing and I must say I've been surprised. Despite the mediocre reviews it got I've had some fun with it. Graphics are respectable although framerate dips here and there. Overall the storyline is corny, cheezy even but for some reason that's probaly the main reason I keep going from level to level.

Recommended ...... if you can get it cheap.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Recently picked this up from a trade here and I'm probably 75% done with this thing and I must say I've been surprised. Despite the mediocre reviews it got I've had some fun with it. Graphics are respectable although framerate dips here and there. Overall the storyline is corny, cheezy even but for some reason that's probaly the main reason I keep going from level to level.

Recommended ...... if you can get it cheap.[/quote]

I've seen you on it lately :lol:

I finished it months ago, it really only gets annoying when they forget to tell you the exact way to pass a puzzle and you're lost trying to figure out what to do or when everyone keeps dying and you just jump from body to body saving everyone.

Other than that, if you like B-movies or cheesy stuff, then its worth a look.

I played the demo, and I enjoyed the game. I may pick it up one day. I don't need another FPS at this time. But overall I though it was pretty good

bread's done
Back