Jimbo504's good finds thread

Jimbo504

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I was driving by a pawn shop today and figured i should stop and see if they had anything good. I went in and asked the guy how much the games were, he said $10 each or 3 for $25. here is what i picked up:

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (complete and mint)
Shadow Hearts (mint/complete)
Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner (mint/missing manual)

total: $25 :whistle2:D

Cool.

Remember that sometimes EB and Gamestop can be even worse with the condition of their games...

One store in my area gets a good chunk of my business, since they have cheap ass games that HAVEN'T been destroyed, unlike some places that will remain nameless that think it's okay to sell a disc only game for $60.

nah, i think i got all the good stuff. almost picked up Prince of persia: warrior within for GC, but got enders instead.

[quote name='kimsh0t']nice find.

you see anything else that was good at that pawn shop?[/QUOTE]

went by another pawn shop today, picked up:

Tales of Destiny (disc only but mint) -- $5
Paper Mario n64 (cart only) -- $5

not as good as my first haul, but i still think its good.

[quote name='wubb']Sweet! I've never made a good pawn shop video game find, but I've found some cheap DVDs here and there.[/QUOTE]

You find some great stuff at the yard sales, that much we know. :D

Your finds make me cry.

If I ever found Disgaea at a pwn shop for $10, I would cry. I swear, I would cry.

Any chance of you selling/trading it?

Oh, and those finds are crazily good. I've never found the time to go into any pawn shops.

winner4gl.png

I love going into pawnshops around my area. I've scored some pretty good games by doing this. Good thing is that they're about 4 of them by where I live.

haha damn, i am having a great week. i was checking gamestop.com and found a store near me had a copy of valkyrie profile in stock, so i went and picked that up this morning. its complete, and the discs are in pretty good condition :D

jedi academy for xbox for 10, marvel vs capcom 2 for xbox for 10, resident evil 4 for GC for 10, mario kart, harvest moon, and mario golf for GC for 10.. mario golf and mario tennis for 64 for 6 dollars total, donkey kong country for GBA for 5... i gets all kinds of great deals its hard to list all.. those are just what i can remember to be the best.. my friend however got a lot of NES games for free (like upwards of 30) came with both zeldas billy bayou, rad racer, silver surfer, battletoads.. i'm so envyous.. cool thing he's going to let me have some of them (and they all work..)

Question:

What's the best way to find pawn shops in one's area? I live in the Chicago suburbs. I like long walks on the beach........*wakka wakka wakka*.....

But seriously.....

[quote name='Stoneage']Question:

What's the best way to find pawn shops in one's area? I live in the Chicago suburbs. I like long walks on the beach........*wakka wakka wakka*.....

But seriously.....[/QUOTE]

yellowpages

[quote name='Stoneage']Question:

But seriously.....[/QUOTE]

Go to yellowpages.com or dexonline.com and type pawn in the search field and put your area in.

Or if you know the name of any big chains that might be in your area go to there website and look at the store locations.

Pawnamerica.com Cashnpawn.com are the two "big" chains around here.

[quote name='billyG']Go to yellowpages.com or dexonline.com and type pawn in the search field and put your area in.

Or if you know the name of any big chains that might be in your area go to there website and look at the store locations.

Pawnamerica.com Cashnpawn.com are the two "big" chains around here.[/QUOTE]

i've noticed that the pawn shops in smaller areas are better then the ones in "bigger" areas.. and the chain stores have worse prices then mom and pop stores.

[quote name='urzishra14']i've noticed that the pawn shops in smaller areas are better then the ones in "bigger" areas.. and the chain stores have worse prices then mom and pop stores.[/QUOTE]

My experience has been exactly the same.

The best "surprise" I found was a new copy of Legend of Mana at a local Gamestop. My luck isn't that great. :/

Congrats on finding that Valkyrie Profile!

[quote name='urzishra14']i've noticed that the pawn shops in smaller areas are better then the ones in "bigger" areas.. and the chain stores have worse prices then mom and pop stores.[/QUOTE]
^ This is true, the smaller ones are likely to have more older stuff as well. The only problem is that the mom and pop pawn shops are getting harder and harder to find.

The only good deal I have found at a mom and pop type pawn shop was a zelda collectors edition for $12.

Recently I came across a pawn america that was selling all PS1 games for $3 each and they had every ps1 final fantasy and a couple other rpg's, plus they had a sealed FF origins GH.

I have also seen quite a few 3 for $30 on ps2/xbox/ngc games at the bigger stores.

One thing to remember is that prices are negotiable. A lot of times it seems like the employee is making a price up on the spot when you ask how much a unlabled game is.

just made a trade on some other forums:

MY Suikoden III (which i got for $12) and a new Suikoden IV (picked up for $20 at eb)

for

HIS Suikoden II (mint/almost complete, has case and front cover of manual)

[quote name='Jimbo504']just made a trade on some other forums:

MY Suikoden III (which i got for $12) and a new Suikoden IV (picked up for $20 at eb)

for

HIS Suikoden II (mint/almost complete, has case and front cover of manual)[/QUOTE]

okay, now you are pushing your believability ;-)

We have 1 pawnshop inmy area. Same sports games, same crappy DVDs. You guys are lucky. I don't think the pawn shop takes in anything that is non-cd bases.

i just got a good deal on some forums I frequent. got a lot of 13 NES games for $15 shipped:

Megaman 3
Double Dragon II
Castlevania II: Simons Quest
California Games
Ice Hockey
Strider
Top Gun
Rampage
Rad Racer II
Dig Dug II
Marble Madness
Burgertime
Excitebike

I think Top Gun is the only one I already own.

GOD I love those forums. I scored Super Mario RPG for $5 shipped as well :D

hehehe

just scored this on those forums as well:

SNES Bundle
-SNES console its its original packaging
-2 controllers
-Cables including RFU adapter
-6 games (Final Fight, Super Mario Kart, Turtles in Time, Joe and Mac, Tetris/Dr mario, Yoshis Island)

all for $40 shipped.

Jimbo, I saw you're from St. Louis. Do you frequent the pawn shops on the Illinois side as well as the Missouri side of the River?

[quote name='thack']Jimbo, I saw you're from St. Louis. Do you frequent the pawn shops on the Illinois side as well as the Missouri side of the River?[/QUOTE]

honestly, i'm pretty far away from any pawn shops, I live in Chesterfield :whistle2:/

most of my recent finds were at pawn shops on trips out of town. I hit up Maplewood pawn shops occasionally, as well as the ones on Page and St. Charles Rock Rd. Never been over to shops across the river.

bread's done
Back