JJGames.com is going under - just a PSA

lildirtygamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Online video game retailer JJGames.com is going out of business. Prices will be lowered each day until they shut down. The last day to buy is January 22nd. I've ordered from them multiple times over the past few years and never had issues (receiving orders). Sucks to see them having to bow out due to the changing landscape of gaming (among other factors).

w.
5Xzqk52.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for heads up, much appreciated. I wonder if they'll try to sell off the remaining inventory through their eBay store or if they'll shut that down also.

Edit: I got my copy of Blur for PS3 today. It's in great condition and they put in a slim CD case and packed the paper sleeve with it.
blur was such a fun game, not sure about p3, but on the x360, 4 player split screen was a blast

blur was such a fun game, not sure about p3, but on the x360, 4 player split screen was a blast
I'm the exact opposite, lol. I've played it off and on PS3 and have yet to play it on X360. I actually plan on finishing it this time. It's easily one of my favorite arcade racing games.

Someone at a local game store was interested in for 360 and asked what it's like. The employee and I basically said if Mario Kart and Need for Speed had a baby, Blur would be it.

Blur was my first CAG deal.  Got it for $10 about a month after release with a coupon from Blizzard that stacked with a sale at Best Buy.

Really fun game!

Got my 360 copy of Midnight Club LA Remix and PS3 copy of UFC Undisputed 2010 since that has BD-quality fights on it for $22 or so total. Not too shabby.

Unfortunately I missed the sale. Any good deals that I missed for Xbox 360 or OG Xbox games.

The only reason I haven't shut this down is because I want to hear from others who ordered from them before they closed.
I ordered seven NES carts from them last week. Shipping quality was meh, they were stuffed into a single padded envelope that arrived with bits of tears due to the bulk strain. No damage to the carts though. The games themselves looked exactly like the condition they were presented on the website's photos. In fact, some of the games looked a little cleaner than when they were initially photographed. So overall I'm pretty pleased with the purchase.

I bought a White Wired First-Party Xbox 360 controller, and they sent me a Black Wired Third-Party Xbox 360 controller. Tried emailing about 5 days ago... No reply. :(

I bought a White Wired First-Party Xbox 360 controller, and they sent me a Black Wired Third-Party Xbox 360 controller. Tried emailing about 5 days ago... No reply. :(
man I'm really bummed... I also bought a New Wii Classic Controller... says Item,Box,Instructions. Got a very used controller... no box/instructions. Never had a problem ever with JJgames for years, but this really disappoints me. Good riddance.

Well, I got a copy of Rogue Galaxy for ~$5.50 for PS2, here's to hoping it's not disc only!
I hope it isn't disc only either. Hopefully you can post an update on it soon.

I ordered seven NES carts from them last week. Shipping quality was meh, they were stuffed into a single padded envelope that arrived with bits of tears due to the bulk strain. No damage to the carts though. The games themselves looked exactly like the condition they were presented on the website's photos. In fact, some of the games looked a little cleaner than when they were initially photographed. So overall I'm pretty pleased with the purchase.
I kinda figured they would cheap out on shipping materials in the end. Good to hear that the games came in great shape.

man I'm really bummed... I also bought a New Wii Classic Controller... says Item,Box,Instructions. Got a very used controller... no box/instructions. Never had a problem ever with JJgames for years, but this really disappoints me. Good riddance.
I sorry to hear that, I was kinda of wary of them messing stuff up with shutting down. You would think they would have done a better job with orders to ensure customers would be happy with their final purchases. Unfortunately I don't think you'll be hearing from them concerning your orders and fixing it.

I got the 21 games I ordered from them. A mix of original Xbox, 360, PSP, couple of PS2, and 1 GC game. Nothing valuable; it averaged about $5 per title. The packaging and condition were fine despite some of the spines being faded (pet peeve of mine). I'm fairly satisfied but sorry to see that some orders were not fulfilled.

File a chargeback. You might as well, as you won't be shopping with them again.

bread's done
Back