Job application help: former employers locations no longer exist

HumanSnatcher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
The last two companies I worked for, OfficeMax and 7-11, the locations I worked at no longer exist. Anyone have any iea how and what to put down on a job application in instances like that? Best I can think of is to put down that locations address but provide a number to corporate. I know where the regional office is for 7-11 for my area and thought about putting that down. OfficeMax on the other hand, I don't know what to put. And I doubt that an 800 number would look good

I'd put down the original locations you worked at, then if there is space on the application put some kind of note saying those locations no longer exist but you can contact Corporate/Regional at... and give that info. OfficeMax has a non-800 number for corporate on their website.

All the company you're applying at could do is call, ask for HR, and HR will likely just confirm the dates you worked at the company, your title, and maybe your salary but nothing more. It probably won't even be worth it for this company you're applying at to follow up on those jobs.

I had the same problem long ago.. My first "real" job I made it from grunt temp to plant shipping manager in my 4 years there and then they file bankruptcy and closed.... I was completely honest on resumes and had letter of recommendation but yea no way for employers to double check besides stubs and some kinda work database they use. Which sucked because I was going after up the food chain jobs.

Just put down you worked for X but that locale closed shop and give corporate hr #. Like the above guy said unless you are trying for a management job they don't need to dig that deep for retail pusher.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I went by an OfficeMax location near my old one and got the 800 number to their employment verification office and thankfully across the street was the 7-11 corporate office and they gave me the address of my old store as well as the 800 number to their verification dept

bread's done
Back