Joey Chestnut keeps the Mustard Belt in the US!

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!
In the 4th of July hot dog eating contest Joey Chestnut beat out Kobayashi in a 5 dog eat off. Hell yeah!:applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's Joey Chestnut and he came back after losing the lead to win in overtime. He ate 59 dogs in ten minutes, plus the five he wolfed down in overtime. He's doing us a service by helping America keep the image that it's the fattest country in the world.

I can't believe they wasted time on ESPN with this. I shouldn't be surprised, I've seen the WNBA draft on there too.

[quote name='deszaras']I can't believe they wasted time on ESPN with this. I shouldn't be surprised, I've seen the WNBA draft on there too.[/quote]

ESPN used to show the Elementary School National Spelling Bee. So why not hot-dog eating?

I find the competitive eating league showcases to be very interesting. These people train constantly to perform their best, and the Nathan's hotdog event is really fun to watch.

I would have been happy even if Kobayashi had won, he's a "competitive eating" legend.

^

Couldn't agree more. I am pretty sure Kobayashi was in the lead by 2 dogs with under a minute to go. I saw both Chestnut and and Kobayashi jam dogs in their mouths and it ended up a tie? Dunno how that is possible. Oh well.

Fun event overall. Does anyone know for sure if they vomit the food up afterwards? Most of the "top eaters" aren't large by any stretch of the imagination. I wonder if they vomit up the dogs it is all in 1 go, sorta like a long piss or its multiple upchucks of dog, bread and water?

[quote name='naiku']^
Fun event overall. Does anyone know for sure if they vomit the food up afterwards? Most of the "top eaters" aren't large by any stretch of the imagination. I wonder if they vomit up the dogs it is all in 1 go, sorta like a long piss or its multiple upchucks of dog, bread and water?[/quote]

I saw a documentary thing on competitive eating a few years back that included Kobayashi and that guy who paints his face. They mentioned how competitive eaters do not throw up after eating, because if they do their body gets used to throwing up after eating a lot. If their body gets used to throwing up after or during eating, it will happen during a competition and they will be disqualified, so they train their bodies to NOT throw up at any point.

[quote name='mikej012']I saw a documentary thing on competitive eating a few years back that included Kobayashi and that guy who paints his face. They mentioned how competitive eaters do not throw up after eating, because if they do their body gets used to throwing up after eating a lot. If their body gets used to throwing up after or during eating, it will happen during a competition and they will be disqualified, so they train their bodies to NOT throw up at any point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info I was curious about this as well.

bread's done
Back