John Adams - $24.99 - Blu-ray

Looks like Best Buy price is now $49.99. If anyone is on the fence about getting this, they better jump on Amazon now before their price goes back up too.

I've been on the fence about this all week. Decided to make the purchase this morning. $23 for an HBO miniseries is a killer deal.

Yeah i saw it. But is it like real cheap cardboard or is it metal-like? I'm guessing that's just spoil sparkling?

Anyway. Bit. Noting beats the production quality of HBO shows.

[quote name='vx2']Yeah i saw it. But is it like real cheap cardboard or is it metal-like? I'm guessing that's just spoil sparkling?

Anyway. Bit. Noting beats the production quality of HBO shows.[/QUOTE]

It comes in a sturdy carboard case. Definitely not flimsy. I like the packaging.

[quote name='vx2']Yeah i saw it. But is it like real cheap cardboard or is it metal-like? I'm guessing that's just spoil sparkling?

Anyway. Bit. Noting beats the production quality of HBO shows.[/QUOTE]

It's cardboard, but I wouldn't classify it as "real cheap"... do you own any of the early entourage seasons or generation kill? The packaging is like that.

I have true blood. Not bad I guess. At $23 I can't complain. Wonder why they don't do them like Band of Brothers anymore. That tin case was just too awesome.

its the same packaging as some of the entourage sets. i bought this for 25 in best buy about a week back and already watched it. the show is freaking amazing. its no band of brothers so dont expect any warfare/action, however it is absolutely stellar as a character driven period drama. i loved it and dont regret my purchase for a second. the acting is stellar of course and the writing is top notch.

oh yeah, the bluray is beautiful!

edit: they dont do the band of brothers sets anymore cause its too damn expensive, that thing was 100$ when it first came out on dvd years ago. to be honest, id prefer the cheapest packaging possible if it means getting a season or entire miniseries in bluray for ~25$

Makes sense, would have totally liked a tin box for an extra fiver though. Thanks!

Anyway, hopefully it'll be here by thursday thru Prime.

EDIT: Weird, they knocked off another $5. Probably from overshoot of emails i sent regarding the target coupons thru my old BF order which isn't in stock yet. Owell, can't complain!

I'm not a tin box fan myself since I'm always trying to manage the limited space. For 22 bucks, buy this as it's quality as a miniseries is untouched by anything but the other PlayTone stuff.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'm not a tin box fan myself since I'm always trying to manage the limited space. For 22 bucks, buy this as it's quality as a miniseries is untouched by anything but the other PlayTone stuff.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah, space. yeah that Band of Brothers tin is so unwieldy, and looks so out of place on the shelf.

by the way, what is the other playtone stuff? how good is it? recommendations?

bread's done
Back