"John Carter" Coupon Now Live!

Target is the cheapest place in the ads for next week after the coupon, as it's $24.99 before the coupon and $19.99 AC.

Best Buy is $29.99 before the coupon and $24.99 AC.

yeah they are but the coupon doesn't apply to it. Some have had no trouble getting their BB to accept it though, but that's up to you. It'll be $19.99 at Target, and $22.99 at Best Buy (also amazon's current price)

[quote name='Snake2715']sweet..so the movie universally panned was it actually good just mismarketed?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it very much. My only complaint was that the pacing was off. There were times when the movie seemed to drag a bit. The BB version comes with the bonus disc so I'm going to try and PM Target's price with $5 coupon.

[quote name='Snake2715']sweet..so the movie universally panned was it actually good just mismarketed?[/QUOTE]

Probably a little of both. I heard it's definitely not as bad as some made it out to be, but it was also poorly marketed. Even the title they changed it too was just too generic and may not have gotten anyone's attention.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Probably a little of both. I heard it's definitely not as bad as some made it out to be, but it was also poorly marketed. Even the title they changed it too was just too generic and may not have gotten anyone's attention.[/QUOTE]Disney can market the heck out of an animated movie, though a non-animated movie is another matter.

This being a sci-fi movie on top of it all, it was about as badly marketed as it comes from Disney.

I think I'll pass, as I expect the cost of the movie to be $5 in no time. I'm glad that Disney is still using coupons though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']yeah they are but the coupon doesn't apply to it. Some have had no trouble getting their BB to accept it though, but that's up to you. It'll be $19.99 at Target, and $22.99 at Best Buy (also amazon's current price)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I cancelled my amazon preorder. If Target accepts my coupon, I'll buy the 3d version for $19.99. If not, oh well.

I just read that Target will offer another $8 off if you buy John Carter and another Disney movie. That means that you can buy 2 of them for $32....

[quote name='Blumpkin']I think I'll pass, as I expect the cost of the movie to be $5 in no time. I'm glad that Disney is still using coupons though.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is Disney we are talking about, which doesn't do deep discounts on very much. If anything, it will go out of print and then you'll be paying out of your ass to get it.

[quote name='Transformah']Amazon will match Target, right? I'd rather keep my preorder there.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully... They didn't match Target's price on the One Direction Concert DVD this week, they only did BestBuy at $11.99. Target had it for $9.99.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I think I'll pass, as I expect the cost of the movie to be $5 in no time. I'm glad that Disney is still using coupons though.[/QUOTE]

keep dreaming

In case you missed it in the Best Buy ad for next week, "John Carter" has an exclusive bonus disc only available at Best Buy. I'm just going to PM Target's price and use the coupon. I never have any issues doing that at my Best Buy.

100% mis marketed. i loved the movie john carter. its a classic sci fi theme, not filled with over the top laser beams and explosions and whatnot. i love the story and the technology in the movie and all around this is my favorite sci fi movie in a LOOONG time. i do not however need the 4 disc version. kind of getting asick of multi disc to be honest.why would i want a dvd version if i have a blu ray version? i dont understand. lol sure i cant watch it on a dvd player... but then i just watch the blu ray one on my blu ray player... but sadly coupon wont work for me. thing is too i wanna preorder it. id hate t wait on day 1 to find out the price is back to normal and i miss out. itd be the only reason i get 4 disc cuz its only be $2 more than blu ray one

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']100% mis marketed. i loved the movie john carter. its a classic sci fi theme, not filled with over the top laser beams and explosions and whatnot. i love the story and the technology in the movie and all around this is my favorite sci fi movie in a LOOONG time. i do not however need the 4 disc version. kind of getting asick of multi disc to be honest.why would i want a dvd version if i have a blu ray version? i dont understand. lol sure i cant watch it on a dvd player... but then i just watch the blu ray one on my blu ray player... but sadly coupon wont work for me. thing is too i wanna preorder it. id hate t wait on day 1 to find out the price is back to normal and i miss out. itd be the only reason i get 4 disc cuz its only be $2 more than blu ray one[/QUOTE]

Most B&M stores will "usually" let you use the coupon on the 2 disc.

Also you could always sell the 3D copy and make some of the money back.

I prefer combo packs as I have a DVD player in the car and usually my son uses it there. Also some of my family members don't have blu ray players yet so I let them borrow the dvd.

Double Dip at Target Buy John Carter 3D for $19.99 after $5 off coupon buy another Disney Blu-ray movie & save addition $8 off. Return 2nd movie and keep John Carter 3D Under $16 :)

Tried to price match the Target ad at Bestuy, they gave me crap about it's not 24.99, it's only 24.99 when you buy another title with it. So I said I will go buy it at Target instead. They purposely miss-read the ad so they wouldn't have to price match me. I think I might file a complaint with the BBB just to screw with them and I am considering boycotting that store location.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Disney has been slipping with their cover art lately, John Carter, Iron Man, and Cinderella all are pretty poorly done.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Ironically, I think the 2 disc Cinderella looks better than the 3 disc.

[quote name='Drahken']Tried to price match the Target ad at Bestuy, they gave me crap about it's not 24.99, it's only 24.99 when you buy another title with it. So I said I will go buy it at Target instead. They purposely miss-read the ad so they wouldn't have to price match me. I think I might file a complaint with the BBB just to screw with them and I am considering boycotting that store location.[/QUOTE]I've seen the page view version online of the Target ad, and unless Target is releasing it at $32.99, there's no question that they're reading it incorrectly.

A phone call to confirm the price and double-check the $8 bonus off of a second movie would be all that they'd need to go.

I'd go back and ask to speak to the manager on duty and explain the situation to them. It's a manufacturer coupon, so they don't lose anything on accepting it, so it's not the case where the coupon is something that would prevent the PM from being done.

I've done plenty of PM + manufacturer coupon purchases from BB before and your store is just choosing not to do it on baseless grounds.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've seen the page view version online of the Target ad, and unless Target is releasing it at $32.99, there's no question that they're reading it incorrectly.

A phone call to confirm the price and double-check the $8 bonus off of a second movie would be all that they'd need to go.

I'd go back and ask to speak to the manager on duty and explain the situation to them. It's a manufacturer coupon, so they don't lose anything on accepting it, so it's not the case where the coupon is something that would prevent the PM from being done.

I've done plenty of PM + manufacturer coupon purchases from BB before and your store is just choosing not to do it on baseless grounds.[/QUOTE]

I never even got to the coupon point.

[quote name='Drahken']I never even got to the coupon point.[/QUOTE]I would go back there and ask them to explain why they're interpreting that ad that way, plus ask them to call Target to confirm the price is $24.99 on the shelf and not $32.99 with the $8 figured into the mix.

I'd still ask for the MOD and complain right there in-store, plus call BB Corporate from the store and explain your displeasure there in-store. Their corporate number is 612 291 1000 (just checked it and it's still valid), plus this is the link to their BBB page:

http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/business-reviews/electronic-equipment-and-supplies-dealers/best-buy-stores-lp-us-headquarters-in-richfield-mn-7663

[quote name='ssjmichael']Disney has been slipping with their cover art lately, John Carter, Iron Man, and Cinderella all are pretty poorly done.[/QUOTE]

Iron Man is a Disney release?

[quote name='Masterkyo']Double Dip at Target Buy John Carter 3D for $19.99 after $5 off coupon buy another Disney Blu-ray movie & save addition $8 off. Return 2nd movie and keep John Carter 3D Under $16 :)[/QUOTE]

When you return the 2nd movie, you'll have to give that $8 credit back anyway, so how do you get to keep it?

[quote name='cagfansub']Iron Man is a Disney release?[/QUOTE]

sorry, meant avengers, the yellow/gold border on this is awful to me. The gradient from dark to light makes it look urine stained :/. Hopefully it looks better in person. Plus I hate the whole "Marvel's Avengers" and then the Marvel logo right below and the 3D logo below that all in a diagonal to one aonother. It just looks sloppy

61Npnndk1dL.jpg

[quote name='cagfansub']When you return the 2nd movie, you'll have to give that $8 credit back anyway, so how do you get to keep it?[/QUOTE]You won't be able to take the full credit and keep it.

Target splits up promotions like this proportionally between the items on the transaction. You'll see a "Return Value" next to each item listed on the receipt, so you'll be getting back only a portion of your money, not the entire amount.

You'll get some of it, though as most of the other Disney movies that qualify for the order cost about the same as John Carter, you'll only get $4 or so off of John Carter in the return. Rest will be eaten up as discount off Target's price on the return.

John Carter would be $20.99 return value and the other movie (assumed to be $24.99) would also be $20.99 return value.

[quote name='Drahken']Tried to price match the Target ad at Bestuy, they gave me crap about it's not 24.99, it's only 24.99 when you buy another title with it. So I said I will go buy it at Target instead. They purposely miss-read the ad so they wouldn't have to price match me. I think I might file a complaint with the BBB just to screw with them and I am considering boycotting that store location.[/QUOTE]

Must be a YMMV situation. I PM'd Target and used the coupon no problem.

The best deal I have seen today is at Target. I have never had a problem using the coupons on the 2 disc versions of the movies at Target, but of course YMMV. If you are able to use the coupon on this it will bring it down to $14.99. Then if you don't have Tron on Bluray the non 3D version counts as one of the extra $8 off when you buy another Disney movie and it is still $9.99, which means you are getting it for $1.99 after the discount. So, both John Carter and Tron will cost you $16.98 before tax.

I got my BestBuy here to match Target no problem - they're right next to each other;). I've noticed the last two months or so...the BB manager came out to do the override on the pricematch - always saying "thanks for your business and buying it here(BB)". I know every BB is a ymmv but I love my BB here :D.

The Walmart I went to tonight had the 3D version on sale for $24.96 ($19.96 after coupon) and you can instantly save $10 on another Disney combo pack.

bread's done
Back