John Edwards is a Fa ggot

Cheese

CAGiversary!
At least that's what Ann Coulter tells CPAC...

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Coulter_tells_conservatives_I_was_going_0302.html

Controversial columnist Ann Coulter had some sharp words to say about several Democratic presidential candidates and contenders during a speech at the 34th annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). Coulter mocked former Vice President Al Gore for appearing to gain weight during his lay-off from politics and referred to Senator Barack Obama as "B. Hussein," but her harshest words were reserved for former Senator John Edwards, whom she implied could be gay.

"I was going to have a few comments about John Edwards but you have to go into rehab
if you use the word 'fa ggot,'" Coulter said.

This is the voice of the modern conservative movement. This is what hides beneath the GOP's "big tent." Gone are the days of small gov't, tax cuts and personal responsibility, welcome the days of race baiting and slander. John McCain has a black lovechild, Ann Richards is a lesbian, Bill Clinton and Hilary Clinton are both murderers/homosexuals, John Kerry is a commie, Al Gore is fat, John Edwards is a fa ggot

I feel bad for Mitt Romney (well, not that bad), she just sank him. He lauded her in his introduction just minutes before she gave him her endorsement, then called one of his opponents a fa ggot.

GIS brings this up:
kerry_ambiguouslygay.jpg

Seriously though, Coulter is a moron.

[quote name='Cheese']This is the voice of the modern conservative movement.[/QUOTE]

Come on, you can do better than that. That's like saying Al Franken is the voice of the modern liberal movement. Although she does appeal to those who feel anyone not agreeing with them is stupid and/or evil, I doubt most conservatives agree with her gutter politics.

[quote name='elprincipe']Come on, you can do better than that. That's like saying Al Franken is the voice of the modern liberal movement. Although she does appeal to those who feel anyone not agreeing with them is stupid and/or evil, I doubt most conservatives agree with her gutter politics.[/QUOTE]

I dunno man, last year at CPAC she called muslims 'ragheads' and caught a lot of flack for it, while attendees all said, "Oh that's a terrible thing to say *wink, wink*." CPAC is the premier conservative gathering and they keep inviting her back and she keeps getting hoots and hollers. If they didn't agree with her, they wouldn't continue to have her back. The modern conservative movement has Jesus in one hand and bile in the other.

Al Franken, as far as I know, has never called anyone a $$$$$$* in public. He's not even close to as polarizing, or popular, a figure as Coulter. As a matter of fact, i just did a search for Franklin quotes, expecting to find a few damnable things, but in all honesty, there ain't much there. I read 'Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them' and it was pretty run of the mill liberal, nothing as shocking as one might think.

* Although there is an out of context 1976 quote used in republican talking points where he jibes Harvard's Hasty Pudding comedy troupe as being homosexuals, which they were famously, not.

Why is she famous? Because she pisses people off?

If the media is going to ban Paris Hilton then they should Ann Coulter's ass too.

It's funny - if someone aligned with democrats were to have said, there would have been a huge media scandal.

Amazing.

[quote name='Cheese']

This is the voice of the modern conservative movement. [/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. Even die-hard conservatives I know hate her. I really liked that Law & Order episode that made fun of her.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Absolutely not. Even die-hard conservatives I know hate her. I really liked that Law & Order episode that made fun of her.[/QUOTE]

There is no way this can be proven either way but she does have more influence than one would think, especially considering the fact that she should be shunned by all decent people.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Absolutely not. Even die-hard conservatives I know hate her. I really liked that Law & Order episode that made fun of her.[/QUOTE]

Then why is she continually invited back to the largest conservative convention every year? There's an easy way to stop her being one of the primary spokespersons for the conservative movement: stop inviting her to the party. No more interviews, stop buying her books, stop going to her speaking engagements.

To botch a joke means you screwed up the telling of it, thus ruining the joke. So if that was the case, what was the joke?

[quote name='Cheese']To botch a joke means you screwed up the telling of it, thus ruining the joke. So if that was the case, what was the joke?[/QUOTE]

The joke is we still are paying any attention to Ann Coulter!

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']So she botched a Joke. Kerry was forgiven. You can forgive her, too.

I'm not defending the joke, or the person, just pointing out what it is.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty weak.

[quote name='Msut77']That is pretty weak.[/quote]

Actually, it's a page out of your playbook; I just left the profanity off.

Cheese: The joke is we're so damned politically correct that it's become impossible for Coulter, a pundit, to say how she feels about Edwards, who is a future presidential has-been.

Since when is he a sacred cow, anyway? Why the furor?

Why wasn't there an outcry on CAG when people on the left expressed disappointment that Cheney wasn't killed last week? And why can't we consider them the voice of the left, when (a) there's more of them then there are of Ann Coulter, and (b) Coulter is, according to the OP, the face of the right?

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']Cheese: The joke is we're so damned politically correct that it's become impossible for Coulter, a pundit, to say how she feels about Edwards, who is a future presidential has-been.

Since when is he a sacred cow, anyway? Why the furor?[/quote]

I don't see how you're interpreting Edwards to be a sacred cow. It'd be hard to say Obama isn't one, right now, but Edwards still has dents in his armor from 2004. He was, then, a golden boy - handsome, some political experience, southern "hyuck hyuck" likability (like Clinton and Bush Jr.). Now he's the guy who, with John Kerry, ran the most sissified nonconfrontational campaign in modern memory, and handed reelection to Bush on a silver platter.

HE'S no sacred cow. That's not the point. It's the content of Coulter's assualt. She's a powerful and influential (yes, she is) political figure in modern American culture, yet at the same time a woman whose entire claim to proffering up political insight is about as profound and mannerly as asking the Ultimate Warrior what he was going to do to Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VI. "$$$$$$?" Really? Is he gay? Are we outing him? No? So, we're going to not attack his milquetoast campaign? His online campaign headquarters in that one game? His platform? His plans and the financial absurdity of them? Not that either?

In the end, I think that there are two things going on here: (1) frustration that someone like Ann Coulter has a proverbial "seat at the table." Many of us would love to debate ideas and compare implementation of plans with those we disagree with politically. I can't, however, deal with, tolerate, or accept the idea that people who are considered "experts" and thus respected for their knowledge such that they have airtime on major TV networks can only come up with "$$$$$$." If it was a joke, it wasn't even funny. Just hateful. The other thing is (2) some weird combination of fear and glee - the fear is the idea that hating homosexuals is a viable political position to hold (and, with 21 out of 22 states voting to make gay marriage illegal in the past 3 years, they may be right!), and that Coulter is helping to mobilize them, and the glee is that some people are finally willing to come out and say what they think. In an era of "color-blind racism" (another topic for another day), people are well aware of how they're supposed to behave in public places, yet it's clear that many are more than happy to hold bigoted stances behind closed doors. There's always some sort of left-wing excitement when a Republican comes out of the closet as an unabashed hatemonger.

Edwards is not the sacred cow. The fight to ensure that all American citizens are treated with equal respect in the political arena is a sacred cow. It's why Jim Crow is outlawed, why women's suffrage was passed, and now why there is outrage for Coulter's homophobia.

Why wasn't there an outcry on CAG when people on the left expressed disappointment that Cheney wasn't killed last week? And why can't we consider them the voice of the left, when (a) there's more of them then there are of Ann Coulter, and (b) Coulter is, according to the OP, the face of the right?
That's an absurd comparison, and one you gleaned from a right-wing blog (my question is, which one?). It's a straw man, and a foolish one at that, to compare a bestselling author, a frequent guest on high-ratings drawing prime-time news network programs, and a highly-paid speaker to randomly selected blog commenters. They aren't the same category of people, they don't have the same audience, they don't carry the same responsibility. There's not any similarity whatsoever, except for (1) that both said something offensive. That's not going to change in blog comments anytime in our lives, but I'd like to think the political arena, professionally, can do better than "ragheads" and "fags." Save that shit for the WWF. No amount of blog comments changes the offensiveness of Coulter's statements, and they do not change her audience. So, give up your phony deflection techniques, because Matt Drudge ain't that savvy a guy to begin with.

Personally I agree with Republicans not inviting her anymore. I want the Barry Goldwater Republicans back though and not these Socially Conservative jackasses who can't see most of this stuff should be left up to the individual it affects.
I mean watch "Monty Python and the Meaning Of Life" with the Catholic song and what the guy does with the excess kids he has. It's easy to understand. "Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is good".

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']Why wasn't there an outcry on CAG when people on the left expressed disappointment that Cheney wasn't killed last week?[/QUOTE]

Care to name names?

[quote name='mykevermin']

HE'S no sacred cow. That's not the point. It's the content of Coulter's assualt. She's a powerful and influential (yes, she is) political figure in modern American culture, yet at the same time a woman whose entire claim to proffering up political insight is about as profound and mannerly as asking the Ultimate Warrior what he was going to do to Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VI. "$$$$$$?" Really? Is he gay? Are we outing him? No? So, we're going to not attack his milquetoast campaign? His online campaign headquarters in that one game? His platform? His plans and the financial absurdity of them? Not that either?
[/QUOTE]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P39b7v1wzfg[/MEDIA]

I still need to get this DVD.

Damnit, I had my reply typed and closed the window.

A 5-minute search gave me 89 such remarks at Democratic Underground, 130+ at DailyKos. Big-time left-wing sites.

Myke, you've got some good points, but I've got to disagree on a couple of things. (a) voting down gay marriage isn't "hating gays." I'm not sure what the rationale is, aside from trying to hang on to an antiquated definition of marriage... but it's not hate. (b) I do appreciate your comment about ensuring that all people are treated with dignity and respect in the political arena, and will make sure to remember it next time there's a Bush Bash here. (c) I do think it was unfair of Coulter to call Edwards what she did, and I believe she should apologize to homosexuals for the insult. (d) I don't think Edwards was "sissified..." at least in outing Cheney's daughter. :)

Anyhoo... will she be back at CPAC next year? Depends on how the polls look, and how long America's memory is. By this time, we'll have a couple of primaries/caucuses behind us, and will have a pretty good idea who the candidates really are.

edit...
I still need to get this DVD.
Holy CRAP that was awesome.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']

A 5-minute search gave me 89 such remarks at Democratic Underground, 130+ at DailyKos. Big-time left-wing sites.
[/QUOTE]

Do a search on "big-time right-wing sites" and get back to us. We are talking media figures, not posters on a message board.

kay?

[quote name='usickenme']Do a search on "big-time right-wing sites" and get back to us. We are talking media figures, not posters on a message board.

kay?[/quote]

You missed the point completely. Read this thread again.

kay?

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']You missed the point completely. Read this thread again.

kay?[/QUOTE]

No, that was the whole entire point.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']Cheese: The joke is we're so damned politically correct that it's become impossible for Coulter, a pundit, to say how she feels about Edwards, who is a future presidential has-been.[/QUOTE]

The joke was we're so politically correct she can't call him a fa ggot? So in a less PC climate she'd just have said, "John Edwards is a fa ggot." Gotcha.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito'] (c) I do think it was unfair of Coulter to call Edwards what she did, and I believe she should apologize to homosexuals for the insult (d) I don't think Edwards was "sissified..." at least in outing Cheney's daughter. :)

Anyhoo... will she be back at CPAC next year? Depends on how the polls look, and how long America's memory is. By this time, we'll have a couple of primaries/caucuses behind us, and will have a pretty good idea who the candidates really are.[/QUOTE]

(c) That's the explanation she's been giving, and I'm sorry, it doesn't wash. Using an insult to explain an insult isn't an explanation, it just adds to the embarrassment. What's so bad about John Edwards that it'd be an insult to be associated with him? He was born a poor kid from the south that went on to very nearly becoming the vice president of the United States. Yeah, no one would want to be like him, sheesh.

(d) Mary Cheney has been openly out for years, Edwards didn't out anyone.

I hope she is back at CPAC next year so she can continue to shine a light on the rabid insanity that has infected the conservative movement. Every time she opens her mouth a few more people say to themselves, 'This isn't what I signed up for, fvck this, I'm out.' I hope she has a long career of chasing people away from her point of view and then attacking them for being pussies. With luck, in a few years she'll be speaking to a CPAC convention with nine attendees.

Casey, I could watch that Warrior video all day, man.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']Damnit, I had my reply typed and closed the window.[/quote]

solidarity. I hate when that happens.

How did you select "1"? Were these just comments? Did you use some phrase as selection criteria? Just curious. I don't dispute your numbers, and trust you did the work. I still think it's a straw man to compare blog comments with a paid appearance from a high-profile bestselling author.

Myke, you've got some good points, but I've got to disagree on a couple of things. (a) voting down gay marriage isn't "hating gays." I'm not sure what the rationale is, aside from trying to hang on to an antiquated definition of marriage... but it's not hate. (b) I do appreciate your comment about ensuring that all people are treated with dignity and respect in the political arena, and will make sure to remember it next time there's a Bush Bash here. (c) I do think it was unfair of Coulter to call Edwards what she did, and I believe she should apologize to homosexuals for the insult. (d) I don't think Edwards was "sissified..." at least in outing Cheney's daughter. :)

a) I'm still wrangling with that one. It may not be "hate," but it certainly isn't a "resigned willingness to live as an American, meaning that people not like me deserve all the rights I do." Somewhere in between those two extremes, I suppose. :lol: At any rate, more of a topic for another thread.
b) I do hope that people are not born as Bush supporters or Bashers, and that you can appreciate that the comparison is absurd. I'm not saying "everyone deserves a seat at the political table," because the contention over Coulter's comments wouldn't be happening if that were true. What I'm saying is, instead, that political dialogue is everybody's to lose. If you want to use a taped and televised event to call a presidential candidate "fag," then you probably deserve to lose your seat at the table. If you advocate the assassination of a standing political figure (particularly our own), you probably should relinquish your position as well. Giving people the benefit of the doubt and allowing them to *show* their political naivete is a bit different from assuming "they're queers/dumb hicks/jesus freaks/blacks anyway, so they don't know shit about politics" is not only a phony generalization, but something that shows a person doesn't even want to take on political discourse seriously.
That's what Coulter did by insulting him with a diminuitive name of a group of people in the US. In terms of an insult, it's more or less no more damaging to Edwards than being called "monkeyhead-poopypants," because it's not who he is. OTOH, that it suggests, by its use, that it's a horible thing to be gay in this country, and that "fag" means "you people are still *less than* what it means to be a full American, which now includes sexuality."

Anyhoo... will she be back at CPAC next year? Depends on how the polls look, and how long America's memory is. By this time, we'll have a couple of primaries/caucuses behind us, and will have a pretty good idea who the candidates really are.

edit...

Holy CRAP that was awesome.

Well, calling all muslims "ragheads" in 2006 didn't put her on the disfavored list for this year, did it? I doubt she'll be blocked from any events or shows. She's Ann fucking Coulter: high venom and vitriol, low substance. Anyone who doesn't get that, well...they don't get it and aren't on her political pulse. Do conservatives look at her as a stinging satirist? A concise and brutally accurate critic? Or more like a "sideshow clown" that breaks up the monotony of white man after white man giving analytic speech after analytic speech? I don't know the answers (I'd love to,though), but I will hesitatnly claim that many conservatives would, if asked (prior to this CPAC thing), show support for her and her ideas and approach.

Let's keep in mind that this isn't the first time Coulter has used the phrase "fag" when describing a politician: http://mediamatters.org/items/200607280001

Coulter's problem is like pop music over the past thirty years: she has to constantly reinvent herself in one direction ("more and more outrageous") in order to get attention. She's constantly setting the bar higher and higher (or lower and lower, to not be witty for a moment). Likewise, a band today that did what Alice Cooper or Kiss did 30 years ago wouldn't be considered dangeous. They'd look positively silly, really. They'd have to best Burzum (at least I think that's his name), who killed a rival band member. Hell, even Gwar looks silly by comparison to that. In terms of pop music and sexuality, what we see artists doing today makes Madonna in the 80's look like a Mickey Mouse Club member, and makes Rosemary Clooney and her ilk from 50 years ago look like vestal virgins. Anyway, short analogy long, Coulter is her own enemy here. If she repeats the "kill them and convert their leaders to Christianity" mantra, she's redundant, and nobody will pay attention. Unlike those musicians, she is on a far more accelerated track to have to get people's attention. Mark my words: she's a bright woman, but her ego and her attention is more important to her than her party. Pride will be her downfall, as I have been predicting for more than a year now that she will publicly call Obama the most unsavory of names (yes, *that* one) before election day 2008.

[quote name='Cheese']...referred to Senator Barack Obama as "B. Hussein[/quote]

The only thing that surprises me is that she didn't go for the easy, obious one-letter switch. However I must admit that it's never seemed to be that she has any rhyme-or-reason for the slurs that she slings around.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']You missed the point completely. Read this thread again.

kay?[/QUOTE]

Look, if you are trying to come up with some "gotcha" on posters to left-leaning blogs that's fine but be honest. First of all 89 or 130 remarks don't mean anything without the context. If I were to write "I don't think people should be using the word fago"..that would come up on your little search devoid the malice you are assuming. Secondly, what are the total number of posts? If you are trying to establish the voice of the left, you have to give percentages of the total...otherwise, your number don't mean much. Finally, Let's see some similar numbers for right-wings blogs. If object to Coulter being labeled the voice of conservative, let's look at what YOU think the voice should be.

KAY?

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito'] (b) I do appreciate your comment about ensuring that all people are treated with dignity and respect in the political arena, and will make sure to remember it next time there's a Bush Bash here. [/QUOTE]

I think you're still kind of missing the point. Conservatives are welcome to tear Edwards apart as a vain, inexperienced, bleeding heart, just like Liberals get to tear apart, say, Condi, as an opportunistic, war-mongering sell-out. It's harsh, but that's politics. See how it would be crossing a line if the liberal critique of her was just "She's a nigger"? That's what Coulter pulled, and nobody of any political stripe should tolerate it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Coulter's problem is like pop music over the past thirty years: she has to constantly reinvent herself in one direction ("more and more outrageous") in order to get attention. She's constantly setting the bar higher and higher (or lower and lower, to not be witty for a moment). [/quote]

I retract "botched joke" -- she was over the top, and she's not trying to reinvent the party, just herself. I still say she did it to elicit laughs, and while she did, it wasn't right of her to say. Looks like we both understand that.

I was not aware of the raghead comment, though in my defense I was actually IN the middle east for half of last year and semi-detached form American news and politics. It only furthers the "over the top" point.

For all other responders: I'm not equating hundreds of blog responses (in exactly two posts, by the way, for those keeping count) to Ann F'n Coulter. The point I was making is that some of you have called her "the face of the Republican Party," as one woman who said "Fa**ot" when describing a politician. In your next breath, you told me that I could not call those 200+ blog commenters "the face of the democrats" even though 200 > 1. When determining who the average person of roughly half your nation is, both examples are ridiculously infinitesimal.

trq:
See how it would be crossing a line if the liberal critique of her was just "She's a nigger"?
Actually, I got that impression from the political cartoons that appeared in newspapers when she was selected to fill Powell's vacated position... esp the one by Jeff Danziger that depicted her as Prissy from "Gone with the Wind." Of course, YMMV.

Camoor:
The only thing that surprises me is that she didn't go for the easy, obious one-letter switch.
I think CNN already did that, across their crawler. One of the news networks, anyway. Coulter can't do that, it's already over. :)

usickenme: If you truly wanted to be insulting (and funny), you'd start declaring that Warrior's the heart and soul of conservatism.

Yes, 200 dumbasses making comments on teh internetz AREN'T as important and nor are they as symbolic of a political group as someone who sells millions of books and makes tons of money bandying her points in front of influential political groups.

usickenme: If you truly wanted to be insulting (and funny), you'd start declaring that Warrior's the heart and soul of conservatism.[/QUOTE]

swing and a miss, dude. I'm merely asking for a little honesty in your post instead of the "everyone does it" defense.

Warrior isn't the voice of conservatism any more than he is the voice of wrestling. (although his dislike of gays and the homo-erotic nature of his former job is ironic). But Warrior isn't a politcal pundit, author, talking-head and political voice. And a UConn classroom isn't a policy gathering.

For all other responders: I'm not equating hundreds of blog responses (in exactly two posts, by the way, for those keeping count) to Ann F'n Coulter. The point I was making is that some of you have called her "the face of the Republican Party," as one woman who said "Fa**ot" when describing a politician. In your next breath, you told me that I could not call those 200+ blog commenters "the face of the democrats" even though 200 > 1. When determining who the average person of roughly half your nation is, both examples are ridiculously infinitesimal.
.[/QUOTE]

actually you are exactly equating the two in that Ann is just as " innocent" as 200 bloggers because neither is the face of a party. If you want to pretend Ann has no influence, that is the ridiculous part. If it was just some faceless, nameless woman at the gathering, you'd have a point. But it wasn't.

as for the GOP. When you have anti-gay language written into your platform and one of your prominant voices echos that type of thought, it doesn't matter whether she is officially the "Face of the Party" because the line between the two is pretty fucking straight.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']I retract "botched joke" -- she was over the top, and she's not trying to reinvent the party, just herself. I still say she did it to elicit laughs, and while she did, it wasn't right of her to say. Looks like we both understand that.[/quote]

She's not reinventing anything, she's been the same loudmouthed nut from day one. The list of hateful comments that have come out of her mouth is nearly infinite. Did she say it to get laughs? Yes. Did she get them? Yes. This is what I mean, here is a group of influential, politically active people that actually thought that calling a candidate for President of the United States a fa ggot wasn't only acceptable, but freakin' hilarious.

'Face of the conservative movement,' slight difference. The point is this is one example out of many that shows the conservative movement is out of their minds. From Rush to Savage to Coulter to Hannity to Rove to Cheney; some of the most powerful voices on the right all use these tactics of personal destruction without a thought, to them winning is everything, ethics be damned.

The thing with anonymous internet posts is that for all you know, it could be one guy with 200 accounts and a lot of free time. And those 200 posts are a squeak in the wide world of the media, Coulter on the other hand is a bullhorn.

Actually, I got that impression from the political cartoons that appeared in newspapers when she was selected to fill Powell's vacated position... esp the one by Jeff Danziger that depicted her as Prissy from "Gone with the Wind." Of course, YMMV.

You realize Powell was black too, right?

[quote name='Cheese']You realize Powell was black too, right?[/quote]
Yes, but I didn't think I'd have to remind you of the Uncle Tom jokes about Powell. Your example was Rice.
'Face of the conservative movement,' slight difference.
Slight enough that a lot of people (including a lot of people here) would fail to see the difference. Regardless, I apologize for misstating that. I do know the difference, as a less-than-conservative Republican.
The thing with anonymous internet posts is that for all you know, it could be one guy with 200 accounts and a lot of free time.
While I'm sure I'd have a hard time convincing you, I know that that's an average response on those two websites. I do read both occasionally, along with a couple of far right-winger sites. That'd be like me saying that all the responses in the "Official San Diego CAG thread" were by one person... while you couldn't prove it, you KNOW what I'm saying is false and it can be proven.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']Yes, but I didn't think I'd have to remind you of the Uncle Tom jokes about Powell. Your example was Rice.

Slight enough that a lot of people (including a lot of people here) would fail to see the difference. Regardless, I apologize for misstating that. I do know the difference, as a less-than-conservative Republican.

While I'm sure I'd have a hard time convincing you, I know that that's an average response on those two websites. I do read both occasionally, along with a couple of far right-winger sites. That'd be like me saying that all the responses in the "Official San Diego CAG thread" were by one person... while you couldn't prove it, you KNOW what I'm saying is false and it can be proven.[/QUOTE]

So anyhoo I ask you to name names and all can you pull out of your arse is random anonymous people?

Sweet.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']Yes, but I didn't think I'd have to remind you of the Uncle Tom jokes about Powell. Your example was Rice.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I said that. And the point of that cartoon isn't that she's black; it's that she's a sell-out, which I even suggested is a harsh but legitimate complaint. It's not the same thing as your entire critique of a political enemy consisting of epithets, a la "fag," "raghead," etc. Should that be the accepted level of discourse? The problem with Rudy Gulianni isn't that he's a one-note adultering panderer, it's that he's a dirty wop? You don't see a line there?

[quote name='trq']And the point of that cartoon isn't that she's black; it's that she's a sell-out, which I even suggested is a harsh but legitimate complaint.[/quote]
Prissy from Gone with the Wind is a sell-out?

Ain't it, tho? You asked for a person, I had 200+ for you. You didn't specify a particular fame level. Sorry to disappoint. I think you see my point, even though you will never admit it. I will admit to seeing yours. All that said, Coulter's not the face of conservatism.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']I think you see my point, even though you will never admit it. I will admit to seeing yours. All that said, Coulter's not the face of conservatism.[/QUOTE]

No I dont see your point, because you never had one.

Your whole spiel is one of tortured, practiced and possibly intentional idiocy (and im being nice here).

And while she keeps coming out with books blaming who knows what on libruls and making TV appearances she will remain the symbol of Conservatism.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']Prissy from Gone with the Wind is a sell-out?[/QUOTE]

Apparently I have to spell it out, so yes. Prissy is viewed as a symbol of selling out the black community to the white man's interests, because she's a "house niggah," one of the "good" ones that massah kept indoors, because she could behave and be presentable, as opposed to those uppity, good for nothing "field niggahs." Hence, portraying Rice as Prissy is saying she's sold out her people to the interests of the administration.

Agree, disagree, I don't care. That's not the point. If you're done being willfully obtuse about the cartoon, I'd like to get a straight answer as to whether or not you see the difference between the levels of criticism.

bread's done
Back