Jose Canseco

How about a picture of hiim and his brother Ozzie. Billl Simmons on ESPN.com today said that his brother should be proof about the effects of steriods. I presume he meant that his twin brother is significantly smaller. I can't find very good pictures so far to confirm this.

I don't have one but that was some funny stuff back in the day. You really need more of gif or movie to really show how funny it was.

Let me first just say that Jose Canseco is a slime-ball.

And, yes. Him getting hit on the head was hilarious...even though I'm a Rangers fan.

This pic basically says who Canseco is...

finger.jpg

[quote name='opportunity777']I like how ESPN checked some of the facts in his book, and they are completely off from what really happened.[/quote]
I still don't doubt he's telling the truth about some of those players who used steriods....as much as I question the guy.

My favorite Jose Canseco moment was when he decided he wanted to be a pitcher and the first time he took the mound he threw out his elbow. He sat out the rest of the season as a result, and i'm pretty sure the manager got fired at the end of the year.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='ElwoodCuse'][quote name='opportunity777']I like how ESPN checked some of the facts in his book, and they are completely off from what really happened.[/quote]

I hope you're not referring to this article

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/050208[/quote]

that article was great

I need to pick up this book[/quote]

Yea I used to like him at one point but this book he just brought out is his meal ticket cuz he's broke.

Jose's Book and proof he lied said:
In Game 6, though, I was sitting there on the Yankee bench on a cold night at Shea Stadium ... But all of a sudden, Torre called down to me. "Canseco, you're hitting." ...

I went up to the plate to pinch-hit for David Cone, and it was bad. Three strikes and you're out.
-- pp. 232-233

As Rob Neyer pointed out, there was no Game 6 of the 2000 World Series.

that right there had me rolling

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
Jose's Book and proof he lied said:
In Game 6, though, I was sitting there on the Yankee bench on a cold night at Shea Stadium ... But all of a sudden, Torre called down to me. "Canseco, you're hitting." ...

I went up to the plate to pinch-hit for David Cone, and it was bad. Three strikes and you're out.
-- pp. 232-233

As Rob Neyer pointed out, there was no Game 6 of the 2000 World Series.

that right there had me rolling[/quote]

It's not proof that he lied, it's proof that he's a lazy moron that didn't bother to check what game he played in. It was the 4th game in the 2000 series, and he indeed did pinch hit and strike out (and it was at Shea).

The guy is a sleaze, but that quote doesn't mean anything other than 'roids have jacked his memory.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=200010250NYN

bread's done
Back