Joust for 49 cents XBLA

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!
I just bought Joust last night for 49 cents!!!! I saw the deal at slickdeals.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Joust-XBLA-Download/

The whole process made me nervous but it's so worth it. I was friggin nervous about the whole process but the reviews and ratings at resellerratings were pretty high. so after you place the order, they'll give you a call within a half an hour. they'll ask you for your full name and your billing address. and then they'll process the order, and after that, you log into their web site, go to your orders, and then click on the little image to view your DLC code that you enter on your Xbox or at Xbox.com in the redeem code section. and voila!

the other thing that made me nervous is the game has been removed from XBLA because it's a Midway game and because Midway went bye-bye and there was licensing issues, a bunch of Midway games got removed including Joust. but I entered the DLC code and everything worked!!!

Joust has versus and co-op. Co-op is when one person runs out of lives, the game ends for both of you. And your score is added together. it has ranked matches but who knows if you can find people to play online (though didn't have time to try and with Xbox Live being slammed by all the updates, it wasn't worth it).

The game looks great and plays great. I don't remember if it's arcade perfect in terms of gameplay. but the graphics were spruced up a bit (not to the point of being a modern game but better than the original graphics).

for 49 cents!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wilim5yFaWE

if this has already been posted, so sorry! just got so excited for 49 cents! :D

[quote name='simmias']They approved mine without a phone call, and a bunch of other people as well, apparently. It's probably likely you'll be approved without it as well. Just refresh your order page every few minutes.[/QUOTE]

Will all you guys stop refreshing? :D I have one in my cart but it won't let me get to checkout.... worried it's now OOS..... :cry:

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']still over priced. I got it for free and wish I could take it off my gamer card lol.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? They probably could have sold this for $3-4 and still sold out.

Some middle eastern dude called me and said they were sold out, but they could send it to me in 2-3 days. I told him to go ahead with the order and I'll wait.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']still over priced. I got it for free and wish I could take it off my gamer card lol.[/QUOTE]

LOLOLOL. you seriously are a cheap-ass gamer... :p

but yeah, considering it's a delisted game that'll never come back and considering that it's a classic, I think they could've charged $5 and still got buyers.

now that I think of it, too bad other companies didn't scoop up DLC codes for discontinued games to sell. but of course, you can't predict what games will get delisted and not every game has a DLC code.

[quote name='krashhole']I had all 6 of my codes within 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

If you only need 5 codes, PM me, and I'll buy one from you for $.51. That's two cents profit. Contain your excitement.

Seriously though, if you have an extra, I'd buy one from you. It looks like the site never responded with my order and I eventually gave up.

Google Voice transcript:

Hi, This message is for DypaehC, This is Chris with P C game supply. I just calling in regarding your order for droughts. I'm actually just ran out of stock on the item and it's an out of stock item that's currently discontinued, If you're not available delivered to use are gonna be canceling this order. To see the Dollar $0.96 credit back to your paypal account. Sorry about that. Thank you. Bye bye.

[quote name='kramer0731']If you only need 5 codes, PM me, and I'll buy one from you for $.51. That's two cents profit. Contain your excitement.

Seriously though, if you have an extra, I'd buy one from you. It looks like the site never responded with my order and I eventually gave up.[/QUOTE]

Make it $3 and it's a deal. It's called supply and demand :)

Just kidding bro. Drop me a PM and I will hook you up with a code. After all, it is the season for giving :applause:

Well mine says approved charged but no phone call. Also when i click to get code says order not found

Oh Well, just got a call. OOS, charge refunded. Very apologetic.

Anyone got extra ID be happy to take it off your hand, PM me

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stry-ker']Well mine says approved charged but no phone call. Also when i click to get code says order not found

Oh Well, just got a call. OOS, charge refunded. Very apologetic.

Anyone got extra ID be happy to take it off your hand, PM me[/QUOTE]

Same here:cold:

Aww, found out too late. Oh well.

[quote name='krashhole']Just kidding bro. Drop me a PM and I will hook you up with a code. After all, it is the season for giving :applause:[/QUOTE]
:pray:

Confirmed that they're sold out - a CS rep called me and told me that they talked to their supplier and will not be able to get any more codes.

Thanks OP for posting anyways!

Anyone have extra codes they're willing to sell? PM me, thanks.

Man game inst worth the hassle. Its pretty boring, but thats me. I wasnt alive yet when this game came out, so that could be a factor. Atleast I got to add a game to my arcade collection for just $.49

[quote name='eugaet']Aww, found out too late. Oh well.

:pray:[/QUOTE]
You're gonna have to work for it :lol: If you can handle the task, the code is yours. You ready?
The task is to send me a PM

Aw would've loved to get this, Ive wanted tO grab it since it's been delisted! I can still dl the demo from years ago where I tried it and didn't buy it!

If anyone has an extra, please let me know I'd be more than happy to paypal you a dollar to cover the convenience. Thank you!

Ill paypal someone a buck or two if they have one to spare! Just got home from work >_

Ugh - saw this thread too late. I'd buy one if someone has a spare and isn't feeling particularly gougey.

Damn! That's a good find! Wasn't able to get this before OoS, but my wallet is falling to pieces after all the BF deals... .49 cents might have been knockout punch lol

[quote name='chopper']I bit on this, thank you OP. I do wish there was some way to get the other de-listed games. I grew up playing Robotron and Paperboy and Tapper, but I didn't own an Xbox 360 until after all of those games got pulled from XBLA.[/QUOTE]
While not $.49, if you don't mind paying around $8 used AND the 360 can play this via it's backwards compatability, you might wanna look into the Midway Arcade Treasures collection from the Amazon marketplace. This collection has Robotron, Paperboy and (Root Beer)Tapper as well as 20 or more other games.

http://www.amazon.com/Midway-Arcade-Treasures-Xbox/dp/B0000AHOYP

Argh, I've been wanting this for the longest freakin' time.

EDIT: Thanks to the generous benjam (not posting his full username because I don't want him getting flooded with PM's), I finally have a copy of my own. Thanks, benjam!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it, wish I had gotten on this. I loved this game back in the day and am so bummed it is no longer on XBL to purchase. :(

Good job to everyone that got in on it and thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']While not $.49, if you don't mind paying around $8 used AND the 360 can play this via it's backwards compatability, you might wanna look into the Midway Arcade Treasures collection from the Amazon marketplace. This collection has Robotron, Paperboy and (Root Beer)Tapper as well as 20 or more other games.

http://www.amazon.com/Midway-Arcade-Treasures-Xbox/dp/B0000AHOYP[/QUOTE]

A good deal for some good games, but part of the appeal is having these games on the HDD to boot whenever. If I get frustrated with a game I am playing, I like to boot out and play something old and familiar for a few minutes.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Argh, I've been wanting this for the longest freakin' time.

EDIT: Thanks to the generous benjam (not posting his full username because I don't want him getting flooded with PM's), I finally have a copy of my own. Thanks, benjam![/QUOTE]

It's ok. I only had one extra. :D

if someone got an extra one I would appreciate a pm and we could work a deal out. Thanks guys. I love this community.

[quote name='malio']Why does someone have to CALL you? I love Joust, but no thanks.[/QUOTE]
this. i have a prepaid phone, so it wouldn't be worth it for me. thanks for posting, though, OP!

[quote name='benjamouth']Went for it as well, isn't this delisted on XBLA now ?[/QUOTE]
did you not read his post? it doesn't say it's been edited, and specifically points out it was removed from XBL.

[quote name='twztid13']this. i have a prepaid phone, so it wouldn't be worth it for me. thanks for posting, though, OP!

did you not read his post? it doesn't say it's been edited, and specifically points out it was removed from XBL.[/QUOTE]

Whoa! Santa's watching bro :lol::lol:

[quote name='twztid13']
did you not read his post? it doesn't say it's been edited, and specifically points out it was removed from XBL.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I read it quickly so I could get in on the deal :booty:

this worked great for me! nobody called or anything, had my 'code' within the 15 minutes. Funny, the code is a snap shot of an official card with the portion removed to display the actual code. Wonder how much that job pays..? grab card, remove tab, take photo of code, process photo, send to customer..LOL

now to figure out how to actually play this game. It was lost on me as a kid, and seems to still be..

[quote name='token2k6']this worked great for me! nobody called or anything, had my 'code' within the 15 minutes. Funny, the code is a snap shot of an official card with the portion removed to display the actual code. Wonder how much that job pays..? grab card, remove tab, take photo of code, process photo, send to customer..LOL

now to figure out how to actually play this game. It was lost on me as a kid, and seems to still be..[/QUOTE]

It's......not great. Glad I only paid 50 cents for it.

bread's done
Back