JR.com Price Drops 9.99 - Valkyrie Profile, Steal Princess, etc

yakkotank

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Good luck with this, since when they had the last round of clearance items, every one of my four orders was cancelled because they couldn't fulfill it. When they say 'Limited Quantities', they apparently mean it. Ha.

I'm sure others had a more positive expierience, but I figured I'd just toss that out there.

[quote name='007']Good luck with this, since when they had the last round of clearance items, every one of my four orders was cancelled because they couldn't fulfill it. When they say 'Limited Quantities', they apparently mean it. Ha.

I'm sure others had a more positive expierience, but I figured I'd just toss that out there.[/QUOTE]

damn.. i ordered valkyrie profile before you posted, without knowing that. oh well, maybe it'll go through.

[quote name='007']Good luck with this, since when they had the last round of clearance items, every one of my four orders was cancelled because they couldn't fulfill it. When they say 'Limited Quantities', they apparently mean it. Ha.

I'm sure others had a more positive expierience, but I figured I'd just toss that out there.[/QUOTE]

I think you're confusing this with PCRichards. JR.com is usually a lot more reliable.

[quote name='dragonjud']I think you're confusing this with PCRichards. JR.com is usually a lot more reliable.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was JR. It was the clearance with Dead Rising Wii and Toyko Beat Down DS that happened a week or two ago.

I stress that it was only MY expierience, and even in cancelling the company was great. Two of my orders actually garnered a phone call from an actual person to tell me about it. I was impressed.

Would've, you know, rather had the games, but I was still impressed. ;)

Stopped by the store today and picked up Laevatein Tactics. It was marked at $19, but rang up at $10 automatically. Plenty of copies left if anyone happens to be lower Manhattan and wants to save on shipping. I didn't check for any of the other games, but since they haven't been marked down or tossed into a clearance bin, I imagine your chances of finding what you want are pretty good.

Thanks OP! I'm in for Valkyrie Profile, Steal Princess, and Away Shuffle Dungeon through their Amazon storefront. Still had about $130 work of Amazon gift card to use from my last trade-in batch. Too bad JR doesn't do fulfillment through Amazon for the free shipping with Prime :(

Shuffle Dungeon looks kind of cool, I haven't heard anything about it but definitely worth a look for $8 shipped.

Best Buy has VP for $15 if you can find a copy. Mine had 2 in their "discount" bin at the front of the store last night.

i bought steal princess,heroes and away through their amazon storefront. they might still have them in stock from there

[quote name='sunghost']lol, i placed an order for valkyrie profile right when this thread was posted and it got cancelled..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ordered before the thread was posted and it got cancelled as well.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Thanks OP! I'm in for Valkyrie Profile, Steal Princess, and Away Shuffle Dungeon through their Amazon storefront. Still had about $130 work of Amazon gift card to use from my last trade-in batch. Too bad JR doesn't do fulfillment through Amazon for the free shipping with Prime :(

Shuffle Dungeon looks kind of cool, I haven't heard anything about it but definitely worth a look for $8 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my orders for Valkyrie Profile and Steal Princess were both cancelled too. At least Shuffle Dungeon shipped I guess. :cry:

shuffle dungeon was out of stock at the jr.com last night but I did pick up valkyrie profile. hasnt been canceled yet.

I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone who decides to work with J&R. I chose the cheapest shipping option, which in turn apparently causes them to not send me a tracking number; and for UPS to handle my package and play football with USPS. I never got any status updates until two/three days after what appears here. ex: the 24th, I finally found out that on the 21st and 22nd, my package was received and shipped to Buffalo to be handed off to USPS.

I sent an e-mail for clarification to the Cust Support, I'll follow up later. Thanks for letting me know about this deal :)

Yeah... not impressed with the cheap method of shipping with J&R

Thanks for writing. I apologize, but there is no way to track the package once it gets to the post office. It's sort of like bulk mail, so there is no way to track it. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
We truly appreciate the time you took to write to us and hope that we have addressed your concerns. If we may be of further assistance, please call us at 1(800) 426-6027 or 718-340-0397. Monday through Friday from 9am to 6pm Eastern, Saturday 9-5, or write to us again.

Thank you!

Deidre
J&R Customer Service Web Team
800-426-6027
718-340-0397

I don't order with J&R anymore when they do clearance after the last round.

They canceled all my orders last time, since apparently they only have like 2 copies of these games when they put them up, and yet their system is so screwed up they take in like 30 orders before they realize they're out and then cancels 28 of them. Smart business practice.

They can burn in hell.

[quote name='dragonjud']I think you're confusing this with PCRichards. JR.com is usually a lot more reliable.[/QUOTE]

Nope, definitely J&R. I still have the cancellation emails. ~_~

bread's done
Back