July 4th 250GB hard drive at Compusa for $129 YMMV/B&M only?

are they actually gonna be open on july 4th....well i just picked up the 160gb they had for my ps2..anywayz i might look into something like this for my next monster pc...

[quote name='murcielago77']What would 1000 GBs be called anyway? a UB(Ultra Byte) or a TB(Trillibyte)[/quote]

I believe its a Terabyte, TB. I work on a database warehouse and that's what they call it all the time.

Does anyone actually have this new HDD software yet? I saw it written up on IGN but haven't gone looking for it. I'm thinking of getting it for load times, Norrath is driving me crazy. That and the fact that you could probably fit 80 games easily on a 250GB drive. I'd never have to swap discs again. Call me crazy but that rocks.

Oh, and on to the HDD software. Will PSone games work on it as well? I'm assuming they will but hey, you never know.

Any chance you can scan the ad? I'd just like to know the model number and more details. I wonder if you could go buy the drive now and get them to adjust the price during the sale? :whistle2:k

[quote name='droidekaspam'][quote name='murcielago77']What would 1000 GBs be called anyway? a UB(Ultra Byte) or a TB(Trillibyte)[/quote]

I believe its a Terabyte, TB. I work on a database warehouse and that's what they call it all the time.[/quote]

1024 Terabytes is a Pedibyte btw. Of course if you have a file that large you've got a Pedifile *rimshot*.

Too bad the PS2 HDLoader only sees 127Gigs -guess I'll have to find another use. "Hey baby, wanna check out my terabyte?"

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Does anyone actually have this new HDD software yet? I saw it written up on IGN but haven't gone looking for it. I'm thinking of getting it for load times, Norrath is driving me crazy. That and the fact that you could probably fit 80 games easily on a 250GB drive. I'd never have to swap discs again. Call me crazy but that rocks.

Oh, and on to the HDD software. Will PSone games work on it as well? I'm assuming they will but hey, you never know.[/quote]

Check the PS2 board for a thread on the HD loader review. The loader will only recogonize up to 127 gb hd, no matter if its a 250gb hd. Thats the max it will recogonize. Also Ps1 games do not work with the program.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']
1024 Terabytes is a Pedibyte btw. Of course if you have a file that large you've got a Pedifile *rimshot*.[/quote]

I think that's peta, not pedi.

Anyways, I heard the Playstation 7 system is going to have a 10.4 exabyte HDD, a 3.2 terabyte cpu, flux capicitor chipset, emotion engine 6 gold edition graphics unit, and a built-in intercooler with blow off valve. It's also gonna come packaged with a new 22-button dual shock controller and Tomb Raider 26: The Final Adventure of Lara Croft Part 3.

I definitely think I'm going to go out and buy it today. I've price adjusted items I've bought at CompUSA in the past by bringing in the ad from another store, so it should be within their policy to adjust the price "x" number of days after I bought it.

Am I correct in thinking this is CompUSA's policy Michaellvortega?

I thought you had hardware limitations on size of XBox hard drives. That pesky 137GB limit. Maybe its been hacked around.

[quote name='shipwreck']This should make a very nice upgrade for an Xbox though.[/quote]

Oh wow, it's a sata drive too. Not a regular Ultra ATA. Those have been selling for a premium until recently. Now their droping to a price in line with with regular ATA. This is nice with no rebates involved...

Now we just need someoen to find a manufacturers rebate :) Thanks OP

That was gotten around a long time ago.

[quote name='turls']I thought you had hardware limitations on size of XBox hard drives. That pesky 137GB limit. Maybe its been hacked around.

[quote name='shipwreck']This should make a very nice upgrade for an Xbox though.[/quote][/quote]

Crap, hopefully my CompUSA hasn't taken them off the shelves yet.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']wait a sec this is the one
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1059574110662&skuId=5874244&type=product

They took it off the Compusa web site so we would have enough on july 4th. Compusa will be open 11am to 6pm and IF you can find one now buy it and price match later. Other wise I know my store pulled them from the shelves to save them for the 4th.[/quote]

Looks like this is just an instant savings sale though. No rebates required. If they are required, then I'd just have them give me my money back and then re-ring up the hard drive so that I qualify for the rebates.

[quote name='Wshakspear']the only problem i see with that Shipwreck is if it date sensitive rebates. Other wise, good luck![/quote]

Why not buy it from staples or BB or whatever and then just PM the price to CUSA on the 4th. It might be easier, not to mention that the drive that Michael linked to on BB's website is only $20 more, so even if you can't make it out there on the 4th, you really haven't lost all that much.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Oh wow, it's a sata drive too. Not a regular Ultra ATA. Those have been selling for a premium until recently. Now their droping to a price in line with with regular ATA. This is nice with no rebates involved...

Now we just need someoen to find a manufacturers rebate :) Thanks OP[/quote]

I don't think its the SATA drive because from the picture on the email that I received, the label on the front is blue so it looks like the Ultra ATA.

Because you can't price match normally if the store having the sale is out of the item. By buying the item at the store before the sale starts you are assured the product and the price.

[quote name='rebthor']Why not buy it from staples or BB or whatever and then just PM the price to CUSA on the 4th. It might be easier, not to mention that the drive that Michael linked to on BB's website is only $20 more, so even if you can't make it out there on the 4th, you really haven't lost all that much.[/quote]

[quote name='rebthor']Why not buy it from staples or BB or whatever and then just PM the price to CUSA on the 4th. It might be easier, not to mention that the drive that Michael linked to on BB's website is only $20 more, so even if you can't make it out there on the 4th, you really haven't lost all that much.[/quote]

that drive is on sale at Worst Buy only this week so if you plan to buy it there, buy it now. 110% price match next week maybe?

[quote name='minos1067']ATA, ULTRA ATA, SATA....WHATS THE DIFFERENCE AND CAN THEY ALL HOOK UP TO THE HDLOADER?[/quote]

That's overkill to use on the HDloader. The loader will only read and use up to 137gb so the you'll be wasting more than 100gig's. Only if there was a way to partiition the drive so that its like those 128mb x 2 memory sticks with the switch.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm guessing this is probably the drive that is going to be on sale (it's the only internal 250GB Maxtor on CompUSA's site:

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=305076&pfp=BROWSE

I'm seriously thinking about going and buying this today and then having the price adjusted when the sale starts.[/quote]

NICE! I was kinda "ehhh" on this until I read it was SATA. I have a motherboard that could take advantage of this and do a SATA Raid config. Does doing RAID really speed stuff up that much?

It's NOT SATA...I was just at CompUSA today and I checked the price of the SATA one and it came up $209. I can't believe I waited until 1am ET only to find out that the drive is still SOLD OUT online.

bread's done
Back