PS2 NCAA FOOTBALL 08 ELECTRONIC ARTS 4 236k
WII MARIO PARTY 8 NINTENDO OF AMERICA 5 177k
PS3 NCAA FOOTBALL 08 ELECTRONIC ARTS 6 156k
NDS POKEMON DIAMOND VERSION NINTENDO OF AMERICA 7 144k
PS2 TRANSFORMERS: THE GAME ACTIVISION (CORP) 8 143k
PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR ACTIVISION (CORP) 9 138k
360 GUITAR HERO 2 W/ GUITAR ACTIVISION (CORP) 10 108k
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183381

Really bad news for Sony since they had a price drop this marking period.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']

OP needs charts:

200707npd1qh9.jpg

200707npd2kx0.jpg

200707npd3vm6.jpg

200707npd42lu0.jpg
[/quote]

Looks like even with the price drop, the PS3 was barely able to make a dent in the hardware sales. And of course, the only top selling PS3 title would HAVE to be a sports title.

Jee. Zus. those wii numbers are insane and I can't believe the 360 edged out the PS3.

I'm really surprised the 360 beat the PS3 last month. I really thought July would be Sony's 1 good month for the year with the system with the price cut, but I guess not.

Those Wii and DS numbers are just insane though.

[quote name='botticus']Was the 360 price drop included in this reporting period?[/quote]
No. 360 dropped in price this month. This is a report for last month.

from IGN:
Also notable on the Wii front is that Mario Strikers Charged debuted in the month with more than 100,000 in sales and Resident Evil 4 pulled in another 90,000 or so gamers. The survival-horror port has sold upward of 250,000 units since its release in America.

[quote name='Tsukento']No. 360 dropped in price this month. This is a report for last month.[/quote]Yeah, just couldn't recall the actual day.. I think NPD bled over til 8/5, but I the price drop was after that if I'm not mistaken.

Really bad news for Sony?
They more than doubled their sales from last month didn't they? (ps3 at least, psp is still doing really well, wonder how the slim will fare)

EDIT: PS3 last month for reference.
Playstation 3 -- 98.5k

I think the bad news for Sony is if they couldn't outsell the 360 during the price drop period, they won't ever do it. Granted, the price drop was only effective for half the month, so perhaps if it had been at the beginning of the reporting period, it would have done so.

But with BioShock out this month and nothing equivalent for the PS3, doubtful that it will have a chance in August.

[quote name='dallow']Really bad news for Sony?
They more than doubled their sales from last month didn't they? (ps3 at least, psp is still doing really well, wonder how the slim will fare)

EDIT: PS3 last month for reference.
Playstation 3 -- 98.5k[/quote]
They just went from a bad number to a slightly less worse number and only because they reduced by $100. Except now, they're back to $600 because of their new SKU.

[quote name='Foolman']They just went from a bad number to a slightly less worse number and only because they reduced by $100. Except now, they're back to $600 because of their new SKU.[/quote]60GB aren't gone yet.
And the 80GB is expected to drop the pack in game and drop to 499 as well.

More than double is not 'slightly'.

I'll agree with Botticus that the PS3 will probably not outsell 360 in a given month this year.
This was their chance.

So much for Sony's "big suprise" they were so sure on in regards to the NPD numbers. It's all Kotaku/Joystiq could talk about all day.

[quote name='dallow']And the 80GB is expected to drop the pack in game and drop to 499 as well.[/quote]

I understand that this would be the smartest thing for Sony to do, but is there any indication that it is actually going to happen? I've yet to see any evidence that it's in the works.

People still buying 360's despite all the rumors of the new chips and the price rumor was around then to. Wow. With Halo 3 around the corner and the price drop the 360 has second place by a mile, but does it really matter when the Wii is just pwning everything? This just in, Blizzard is porting WoW to the Wii ;)

Regardless of November - if the Wii sells like this for August, September, and October, that would be another 765,000 (1.275 million total) units or so that it would outsell the 360 by.

Now unless the 360 can manage to outsell the Wii in November by 765,000 or so units, not counting Japan and Europe, the Wii is poised to leave the 360 in the dust. Honestly, by the looks of it, the Wii is the new DS.

cardancenin2.gif

I want to know who is buying all the PSPs, I don't think I've ever seen one in real life (and I'm on a major University campus, which I think is the age it is meant to appeal to?).

And I'm still sticking with my PS2, which beat 360 and PS3 yet again.

[quote name='dallow']60GB aren't gone yet.
And the 80GB is expected to drop the pack in game and drop to 499 as well.

More than double is not 'slightly'.

I'll agree with Botticus that the PS3 will probably not outsell 360 in a given month this year.
This was their chance.[/quote]
Of course they aren't gone yet, not at the rate they're selling. I was more along the lines of talking about the most expensive model anyway. I didn't say they're sales increased 'slightly' I said the position they're in is slightly less worse. Doing better isn't good news if you're still doing horribly.

Hey guys, do u remember when sony said a week after the price cut, that the sales of the ps3 went up 200% ?

At least they went up, not that much, but hell, more than last month......the thing is all the people that went and bought the system for 100$ less....?What they bought the system for?No games for it...

IF the ps3 gets some good games coming, the 360 is in for trouble I BELIEVE, I wont buy a ps3, cause there are no games, and it's pricey at 500$.

But also despite all the bad press the 360 has gotten it still managed to sell better than the ps3, and we have to take in consideration that the 360 got a price drop in august,and if the ps3 price cut is any indication, I believe the 360 cut, will draw similar results in sales increment .........and this holiday season the 360 has the best games lineup, no doubt about it.

And the wii selling like hotcakes, holy crap, it really must be the grandmas and grandpas buying that thing, cause any hardcore gamer really doesn't have any kind of incentive to buy the wii, there are no games for us there...so really nintendo's strategy is paying off.....I was thinking about getting a wii for the kids this christmas, but it seems , the wii shortage wiill continue until next year......Nintendo really owns this generation, sony and ms must be really baffled ..

I imagine the PS3 will get a bigger bump when they drop the price.....wait for it.....AND they have lower price point.

That is to say, an in production, non-discontinued SKU at a lower price point than the lowest avaialable AT LAUNCH.

Looks like the Wii fad has to at least continue through mid next year at this rate, since its not going to slow down as we get CLOSER TO CHRISTMAS

OP needs charts:

200707npd1qh9.jpg

200707npd2kx0.jpg

200707npd3vm6.jpg

200707npd42lu0.jpg

[quote name='Monsta Mack']People still buying 360's despite all the rumors of the new chips and the price rumor was around then to. [/quote]
Very few people actually know about stuff like that, the hard core gamer who comes to message boards like these are only a small amount of the total gaming market.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Very few people actually know about stuff like that, the hard core gamer who comes to message boards like these are only a small amount of the total gaming market.[/QUOTE]

That's right, that's also the same reason I bought a 360 back in november with gears of war, I knew there were coming a lot of good games for the system, the same thing with the ps3, I know that right now, there are not any good game worthy of the 500$ price tag, and I am not interested in a blu-ray player.........

bread's done
Back