July on XBLM (7/31 FaceBreaker + Madden 09 Demo + Tropic Thunder Theme/Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Content for 7/22

Content: "Burn"
Price: 160 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Asia, Australia and New Zealand
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Burn"--Nine Inch Nails. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "Capital G"
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Capital G"--Nine Inch Nails. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "Last"
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Last"--Nine Inch Nails. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "Devour"
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Devour"--Shinedown. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "Junkies for Fame"
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Junkies for Fame"--Shinedown. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Jade Empire
Price: 1200 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: M (MATURE) BLOOD AND GORE, VIOLENCE] Single Player, 5.1 Surround Sound. GAME-PLAY ALERT: This game has been fully tested to successfully play on your Xbox 360 console. However, in some cases, you may see some minor irregularities with audio/video for brief periods. For more details, see www.xbox.com/xboxoriginals. Only by mastering the greatest fighting styles and defeating the most powerful enemies will you earn your place as a master of Martial Arts in the world of Jade Empire. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

I thought they originally said the XNA games would be free?

anyways, 200 points for 50 meg and under and anything bigger can be priced 400 to 800 points

[quote name='bigdsinferno']looks like the n+ dlc will come out tomorrow as well.[/QUOTE]

that would be cool.....though I still can't even get the 30 stages cleared and don't even get me started on trying to find people to do multiplayer with

July 23rd Content

Content: 1942: Joint Strike
Price: 800 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions except Japan
Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (EVERYONE 10+) FANTASY VIOLENCE] Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 1-2, Local Multiplayer 1-2, HD (High Definition). The popular 80's arcade series is back! 1942: Joint Strike combines classic shoot-em-up gameplay with 3D HD graphics. Maneuver WWII-era aircrafts and take on huge waves of incoming enemy fire, duck and dodge explosions and missiles while challenging huge enemy bosses. Recruit a wing man and employ new "Joint Strike" attacks, combining the powers of both aircrafts into one devastating barrage. With new weapons and power ups in your arsenal, prepare to rejoin the battle! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/Live/accounts.

Content: Go! Go! Break Steady
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)] Local Multiplayer 2, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 2, HD (High Definition). Upgrade to the full version of Go! Go! Break Steady and unlock all 30 rounds of the Break Steady Tournament. Play solo, cooperate with friends, or challenge the world with your rhythm and smarts! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Some DC content might be out...someone is already using this gamerpic:
1Wdsb2JhbC9BCgUPBh0AGABdL3RpbGUvMC8yODAwNQAAAAAAAAD6MpyY.jpg

(From Gotham Knight)

after the first level of 1942, I had serious doubts as that level is so fucking easy (I don't remember that stage being easy) but man does it start to pick up afterwards. I do have to say that even though the difficulty picks up, its still has to be the easiest 19XX game.

Also bought the N+ level pack. Its worth the 200 points but man did I fly through most of them. I did find it funny that MS was worried that people would trade dick shaped levels and yet they made one.

That Go! Go! Break Steady game is like Beats for the PSP + Puzzloop/Magnetica/Zuma.

Buttons fly into the middle and you press it once it hits the ring. If you did it correctly, it brings up a string of colored orbs with faces. Break them like you do in Zuma or Magnetica. But unlike Magnetica where the line moves on its own, this game lets you move the line and then shoot an orb. The reward? Your guy does a breaker move / pose.

I guess it's ok, but I'm having a hard time justifying the $10 price tag. Anyone actually buy it and try out the rest of the features?

7/24 Content

GH III:Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack
Content: Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack
Price: 500 Microsoft Points
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] "Surfing with the Alien" as performed by Joe Satriani, "For the Love of God" as performed by Steve Vai, "Soothsayer" as performed by Buckethead. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Upcoming XBLA games for August:

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 launches on Wednesday, July 30. Those who loved the first version of Geowars will be able to pick up right where they left off. There are a host of new enemies, new achievements and six game-play modes. It will cost 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.

Braid will be released on August 6. Jonathan Blow uses incredible artistry to draw you into the melancholy platformer world where you manipulate time in strange ways. Braid is rated E10+ for Everyone 10+.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed releases on August 13 and brings back the classic side-scroller in a new and improved form. New HD graphics bring the game into the here and now. It is rated M for Mature.

Galaga Legions brings back another vintage favorite on August 20. Sleek new graphics and gameplay make this a new experience. Galaga Legions is rated E for Everyone.

Castle Crashers comes busting onto the scene on August 27. With hand drawn characters, each with a variety of weapons, it's your mission to defend your kingdom and save the princess (is she in another castle? - har har, sorry). Castle Crashers is rated T for Teen.

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2008/07/28/560221.aspx

I want to know if that is all that is going to get released each week on the arcade. Either way, I'm looking at atleast one game a week to be picking up

• July 30: “Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2” – The latest version of the wildly popular retro shooter offers screen-melting intensity and insane new features, including six action-packed gameplay modes, new enemies, scoring strategies and a diverse list of exciting Achievements. “Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2” is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will be available at 800 Microsoft Points.

• August 6: “Braid” – From acclaimed developer Jonathan Blow, “Braid” is a mind-bending and artistic puzzle-platformer where the player manipulates the flow of time in strange and unusual ways. “Braid”is rated E10+ for Everyone 10+ by the ESRB.

• August 13: “Bionic Commando: Rearmed” – The classic 8-bit side-scroller reports back for duty in a stunning remake, complete with all-new HD graphics and features that put 2D gaming back on the map! “Bionic Commando: Rearmed” is rated M for Mature by the ESRB

• August 20: “Galaga Legions” – The legend lives on with “Galaga Legions,” a reimagining of the classic arcade shooter. Featuring table-turning game dynamics and updated graphics, the game was created by the team behind the bestselling “PAC-MAN Championship Edition” from Namco Bandai Games. “Galaga Legions” is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.

• August 27: “Castle Crashers” – Award-winning studio The Behemoth brings red hot arcade adventure to Xbox LIVE Arcade with “Castle Crashers,” featuring hand-drawn characters and an array of weapons to choose from as you defend your kingdom and save the princess. “Castle Crashers” is rated T for Teen by the ESRB.

Content: "Yomp"
Price: 80 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Asia , Australia and New Zealand
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Yomp"--thenewno2. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "Electric Crown"
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Electric Crown"--Testament. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "This Is It"
Availability: All regions except Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "This Is It"--Staind. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "They Say"
Availability: All regions except Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "They Say"--Scars on Broadway. PLEASE NOTE: Rock Band game disc is required to play song game tracks. Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

About what time will Geometry Wars II be available to download tomorrow. I have to work a double at 10 am tomorrow and wondering if it'll be up when I get up around 8. If not I will just wait and pick up some points on my break.

[quote name='gareman']About what time will Geometry Wars II be available to download tomorrow. I have to work a double at 10 am tomorrow and wondering if it'll be up when I get up around 8. If not I will just wait and pick up some points on my break.[/quote]Around 5am EST, 2am Pacific.

Content: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)] Local Multiplayer 2-4, HD (High Definition). Experience an unbelievable adrenaline rush from playing the latest version of the frenetic retro shooter Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2! Newcomers and pros alike will be blown away by the screen-melting intensity and insane new features, including six action-packed gameplay modes, new enemies, new scoring strategies and a diverse list of exciting achievements! If that’s not crazy enough for you, try multiplayer mayhem for up to four players! Use power-ups in versus mode to boost your stats or handicap your opponent. Or team up with others in co-op mode. Play it all in razor-sharp 1080p to new pulse-pounding music! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts

Thanks FT

Content: FaceBreaker Demo
Price: Free
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LANGUAGE,SUGGESTIVE THEMES,VIOLENCE] In this in-your-face, arcade world full of ego-wielding characters, FaceBreaker™ offers irreverent fun, immersive gameplay, and eye-popping stylized graphics. Add some personality to your fight by uploading a photo of your face to create a realistic likeness using Photo Game Face, and go toe-to-toe with a real-life friend or foe.
Size: 954.56 MB

Content: Madden NFL 09 Demo
Price: Free
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (Everyone)] Madden NFL 09 is the first ever sports game that adapts to you! Continuing 20 Years of Innovation, Madden NFL 09 unleashes over 85 new features and enhancements, including the all-new Virtual Training Center, EA Sports BackTrack and the Adaptive Difficulty Engine, which tailors the experience to your individual playing style and football IQ.
Size: 1.09 GB

Can you actually play a game in the Madden demo? When I tried it out, I only could take the Madden IQ test and then do the Superbowl Madden Moment with the Giants beating Patriots (which pissed me off on the inside).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Tropic Thunder gamerpics, not sure what region though or pricing if any:
[/QUOTE]

Well, I can verify it is available in the U.S. region and the pics and theme are free.

I also added Ninja Gaiden II Mission Pack. It came out last Friday but it had quite some bugs and was taken off. Seems it is ok now and is back on Market Place.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Can you actually play a game in the Madden demo? When I tried it out, I only could take the Madden IQ test and then do the Superbowl Madden Moment with the Giants beating Patriots (which pissed me off on the inside).[/QUOTE]

That's all you can do, but it's still awesome.

Does the Madden demo leave a save behind of your Madden test results? That would be nice so I don't have to play it again when I get the full game.

The Madden demo is TERRIBLE. It doesn't tell you how to play at all. It just assumes you know how to play already. And for defensive stuff, you don't. With Offense, you have button indicators, but not for defense. Oh, and it's not even a game, you have a single drive recreating the final drive of the Super Bowl. This thing is a 1.1gb? Give me a break.

Since Live still said there was one day left for this Madden thing, will something unlock tomorrow, like how Too Human keeps unlocking characters? I sure hope so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back