Jumex ... anyone drink this stuff?

jaso

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
So I'm working on a faux ad campaign for Jumex Guanabana Nectar, and I was wondering if anyone here drinks this stuff, or has tried it.

If so, how did it tast? How did it make you feel? Does it evoke any memories/images/emotions? What did you like about it? What did you dislike about it?

I remember it being syrupy. I don't think it invoked any emotional responses out of me...pretty sure that only happens in commercials :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']I remember it being syrupy. I don't think it invoked any emotional responses out of me...pretty sure that only happens in commercials :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ha, exactly. I'm going to try and eschew the traditional take on beverage marketing.

As a joke, I thought of photoshopping a can onto the ground of a photo of illegal immigrants walking across the desert with a a headline reading, "Jumex ... it gets them through, why not you?" That's my back-up "joke" ad.

It seems weird to pose a question whether or not a soft drink evokes an emotional response, but think about it. I can personally connect, say, Shasta Cola to a great time in my life where my family would pack a cooler and head to the lake. I'm looking for stuff like that too.

[quote name='jaso']So I'm working on a faux ad campaign for Jumex Guanabana Nectar, and I was wondering if anyone here drinks this stuff, or has tried it.[/QUOTE] My sister did that, back in high school. She actually used one of my friends in the ad she filmed. :lol:

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']Did you shake it?

Bingo.[/QUOTE]

I shook it. still very syrupy and thick...

Ha, exactly. I'm going to try and eschew the traditional take on beverage marketing.

As a joke, I thought of photoshopping a can onto the ground of a photo of illegal immigrants walking across the desert with a a headline reading, "Jumex ... it gets them through, why not you?" That's my back-up "joke" ad.

It seems weird to pose a question whether or not a soft drink evokes an emotional response, but think about it. I can personally connect, say, Shasta Cola to a great time in my life where my family would pack a cooler and head to the lake. I'm looking for stuff like that too.

I missed the word "faux" in the OP so I didn't post this so as to not be a smart ass, but here-- the taste and smell reminds of the airport in Cancun for some reason. it also makes me think of the smell of my dad's luggage when he comes back from a long trip to Argentina. There's this aura of smell around his luggage...that just smells foreign. :lol:

Jumex reminds me of that. sometimes the smell of the top of the can has that "foreign" smell. the flavor is decidedly weird too. When I see a can, I think of mexican grocery stores. I also think "haha, jewish mexicans."

weird...I've only had the drink a few times...surprised I associate so much with it.

[quote name='jaso']So I'm working on a faux ad campaign for Jumex Guanabana Nectar, and I was wondering if anyone here drinks this stuff, or has tried it.[/QUOTE]

The last time I had Jumex Guanabana Nectar, I liked it -- at first. But after about the fifth hour of the persistent erection, I started to get worried and thought about calling my doctor. That's when I got nauseous and threw up and vomited. Then I tried to go upstairs to bed but became really dizzy on the stairs and tumbled back down and my shoes got knocked off of me. I woke up the next morning feeling awful.

I would only buy it again if it was on sale.

bread's done
Back