Jump Ultimate Stars $39.99 shipped

naes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Jump_Ultimate_Stars_boxart.jpg

Product Information
Product Title:Jump Ultimate Stars (Japan Version)Manufacturer Name(s):NintendoRelease Date:November 23, 2006Language:JapanesePackage Weight:100 gPublisher:NintendoOther Information:Japanese VersionYesAsia Catalog No.:1004535358Shipment Unit:1 (What is it?)

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-c/section-games/version-all/did-10354/pid-1004535358/

[quote name='Deduce']I used the coupon "WGASIA5" and got an extra $5 off.

$39.99 shipped.[/quote]

Use the coupon and save $11 compared to Play Asia!

[quote name='tiredfornow']is this game good or what?[/QUOTE]

It's a lot of fun, though there's a ton more "unlocking" to do in this version then in the original.

I got this for xmas from my girlfriend, and this game is AMAZING. I love it and I dont read any manga etc.

It gets fustrating at first, but when you start reading the faqs you get the hang of it.

Um, sorta like super smash brothers. Theres alot of different manga series involved and theres about 4-5 missions for each manga series. For example some of the missions are like "last one standing" and grabbing the most stars etc.

Nice, I'll include that in the OP.
[quote name='Deduce']I used the coupon "WGASIA5" and got an extra $5 off.

$39.99 shipped.[/quote]

Is it true what I've heard, that this game is coming to these marvelous states? I was at GameStop today, and the manager and co-workers were insisting it was coming here. Can anyone confirm? I'll wait for good ol' English, if true.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Is it true what I've heard, that this game is coming to these marvelous states? I was at GameStop today, and the manager and co-workers were insisting it was coming here. Can anyone confirm? I'll wait for good ol' English, if true.[/quote]

doubtful... it's too hard to get the licenses of all the characters in such a game... it's why some other smash bros. knockoff never got released here: it seemed interestin' tho'. it had optimus prime, snake of mgs fame, a jap barbie, bomberman, and others... it's the licenses that'll make such games almost impossible for ppl to make a stateside release

[quote name='utopianmachine']Is it true what I've heard, that this game is coming to these marvelous states? I was at GameStop today, and the manager and co-workers were insisting it was coming here. Can anyone confirm? I'll wait for good ol' English, if true.[/QUOTE]

There's no way in motherfucking hell it could come out here. It draws from a ton of different manga series, so those characters would have to be licensed from the Shonen Jump publishers in Japan and then by the people who own the rights to the various mangas and shows in the US... aka: A complete nightmare. Considering that this sort of game wouldn't appeal to a whole lot of people in the US, there's no way that any company would see this as being profitable.

beastly game, no need to know english cause some of the words are in english on the screen and the faqs on gamespot tell you all you need to know for the missions. big improvement over jump super stars. there are more playable characters, easier to make teams and upgrade players, and has wifi battling :applause:

It'll probably be available in the US, just untranslated. I'm able to find the original Jump Superstars at my local Best Buy, Fry's, and Circuit City. I had a blast with the original but the lack of an accessible multiplayer hurt the experience. The inclusion of WiFi is just what this game needed.

[quote name='Deduce']It'll probably be available in the US, just untranslated. I'm able to find the original Jump Superstars at my local Best Buy, Fry's, and Circuit City. I had a blast with the original but the lack of an accessible multiplayer hurt the experience. The inclusion of WiFi is just what this game needed.[/quote]
It's YMMV since not everyone can find them at BB or CC. I sure as hell can't.

If this deal's as good as the topic says, I'm totally diving for it. New Japanese DS games tend to cost as much as a new PS2/GameCube/Wii over at PlayAsia. o_o

[quote name='utopianmachine']Is it true what I've heard, that this game is coming to these marvelous states? I was at GameStop today, and the manager and co-workers were insisting it was coming here. Can anyone confirm? I'll wait for good ol' English, if true.[/QUOTE]
It'll probably be available in the US, just untranslated. I'm able to find the original Jump Superstars at my local Best Buy, Fry's, and Circuit City. I had a blast with the original but the lack of an accessible multiplayer hurt the experience. The inclusion of WiFi is just what this game needed.

JSS has multiplayer, what are you talking about? It even has single-cart multi, so I have loads of fun with my friends.

[quote name='aduckie']JSS has multiplayer, what are you talking about? It even has single-cart multi, so I have loads of fun with my friends.[/QUOTE]
My buddies don't care for handheld gaming. Kinda hard to play multi without players.

[quote name='aduckie']JSS has multiplayer, what are you talking about? It even has single-cart multi, so I have loads of fun with my friends.[/quote]

so if I buy this, I can woop my girlfriends ass all over the place? how does the single cart multi work? I can't get it to work on Mario Kart.

JUS also has single cart multiplayer. though you play with a prebuilt 'deck'

I do believe that JUS > JSS. plus it has timejump naruto, which is super awesome.

[quote name='tiredfornow']so if I buy this, I can woop my girlfriends ass all over the place? how does the single cart multi work? I can't get it to work on Mario Kart.[/QUOTE]
How do you mean that you can't get it to work on Mario Kart? The person with the cartridge goes to multiplayer>Simple>Create Group, then the other(s) go to download from the main DS menu, and the original person chooses to cut off when everyone is in. Not hard.

Used the code to get Osu Tatakae Ouendan for 39.99. Best price I've seen on this game, so I couldn't resist to pass it up.

Thanks a lot OP!

Jumped in on this deal.

It's cheaper online (no tax) than if it'll ever becomes translated, unless it's released at the $34.99 mark or less.

This'll be the first game that I'm importing. YesAsia popped my import cherry.

[quote name='Tom Ato']It told me the coupon was already used. Did I screw up somehow?[/QUOTE]
I think it's only for new customers. I was planning on making 2 accounts for a Bleach DS 2nd pre-order and JUS...

[quote name='yoshidude81']How do you mean that you can't get it to work on Mario Kart? The person with the cartridge goes to multiplayer>Simple>Create Group, then the other(s) go to download from the main DS menu, and the original person chooses to cut off when everyone is in. Not hard.[/quote]

I did not know that it was accessed from the main menu, lol. I should've thought that because if it's single cart, obviously the other person won't have the cart or another cart playing.. but thanks man!

my sister in Japan bought me this for christmas ^_^

just she hasn't shipped it yet.....

think she's too busy playing it herself >_

Tried getting Osu Tatakae Ouendan with the coupon and it wouldn't work. Looks like the code is only for new customers. I suppose I could always use a second account.

Mine shipped yesterday.

Shipped on (HKT): 1/15/2007 12:10:46 PM
It's 1/16/07 10am HKT right now.

Didnt get a shipping confirmation email, so check your account order tracking.

Just ordered it. I figured this will be the closest we'll ever get to Smash Bros. on the DS. The coupon still works for those who want to know. Thanks OP.

So does anyone know where I can see some videos of this game? I'm kinda interested, but not enough to blow $40 when that same $40 could go towards Fist of the North Star, DJ Max Portable 2, or Trigger Heart Excelica.

Ok, this site officially is not saving me money, because despite the fact I'm getting a bunch of awesome games for cheap, I wouldn't have bought them otherwise!!!

[quote name='Chacrana']So does anyone know where I can see some videos of this game? I'm kinda interested, but not enough to blow $40 when that same $40 could go towards Fist of the North Star, DJ Max Portable 2, or Trigger Heart Excelica.[/QUOTE]
JoshZimmerman did a pretty good (20-minute) video review on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlaJw_TUoTc

Well, after thinking about it, I decided to buy this game. It certainly sounds like a great game. About a year ago, I decided on buying Ouendan over JSS after hearing about SuperStars' non-English-friendly matching system (I believe it was something like matching a character to the correct background based on the text of their speech bubble). Now it looks like they replaced that system with a more import-friendly evolution system, coupled with a popular online multiplayer mode.

Thanks OP, and Deduce (The coupon still works!)

Why did this have to be posted?!

I always wanted the first one, but passed.

Now I really want this one, but don't have the money to spend and there's a ton of other games coming out soon that I want.

Methinks I need to re-open my tradelist..

[quote name='Rig']Why did this have to be posted?!

I always wanted the first one, but passed.

Now I really want this one, but don't have the money to spend and there's a ton of other games coming out soon that I want.

Methinks I need to re-open my tradelist..[/quote]

Yes you do, this game is very good.

bread's done
Back