Jump Ultimate Stars and More

dayglo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It's a lazy Saturday afternoon and the combination of a hangover with having to register for classes at 10 pm local time, I resigned to hang around my apartment all day. I eventually got restless, grabbed an umbrella, and took off on my bike to find adventure and distractions. I inevitably gravitated towards GEO, a used game/cd/dvd chain store throughout Japan. I have a little over a month left with my internship, but want to make sure that I get Rhythm Tengoku and Coloris before I leave for the states. I'm browsing, when I come across the following:

Jump Ultimate Stars (DS) - $20
NiGHTS Into Dreams (Saturn) - $1.50
Virtual-On (Saturn) - $1.50

All used, but complete. I've always wanted to play NiGHTS, and have been keeping my eye on the $4 Sega Saturn at the local junk store. I'm also not too interested in JUS, but I figured that for $20, I'd play it a little, then when I get back, trade it with someone here.

[quote name='dayglo']It's a lazy Saturday afternoon and the combination of a hangover with having to register for classes at 10 pm local time, I resigned to hang around my apartment all day. I eventually got restless, grabbed an umbrella, and took off on my bike to find adventure and distractions. I inevitably gravitated towards GEO, a used game/cd/dvd chain store throughout Japan. I have a little over a month left with my internship, but want to make sure that I get Rhythm Tengoku and Coloris before I leave for the states. I'm browsing, when I come across the following:

Jump Ultimate Stars (DS) - $20
NiGHTS Into Dreams (Saturn) - $1.50
Virtual-On (Saturn) - $1.50

All used, but complete. I've always wanted to play NiGHTS, and have been keeping my eye on the $4 Sega Saturn at the local junk store. I'm also not too interested in JUS, but I figured that for $20, I'd play it a little, then when I get back, trade it with someone here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been to GEO before. I was recently over in Tokyo and also picked up a copy of JUS for about $20. I wasn't a big fan of it, and I'm also gonna get rid of it. The other two for $1.50 seems like a comman price for them. I've seen them both on the 100 yen shelves. But that $4 Saturn sounds like an good find, as long as it works that is. Does it come with cables and a controller?

If you ever happen to see I copy of Rumble Fish for PS2 cheap, let me know, I'll pay you for it and extra for your efforts. I was unsuccessful in finding one when I went :cry:

I picked up the Saturn, cables, and 3d Controller for 420 yen, so about $3.60? I've wanted to play NiGHTS since I was about 12, but never had a Saturn. I tried to find one a few years ago, but ended up getting lazy and giving up. So 9 years of building up a game that I've wanted to play, and my reaction to it:

meh

Although, it would be impossible to live up to my expectations I had for it, so it's my own fault. But atleast now I have a Saturn for a month. I'm really digging Virtual-On, but without the twin sticks, and little hope in finding it, it's lacking something.

Any recommendations for Japanese Saturn games I should look for?

Oh, and how cheap is "cheap" for Rumble Fish? If I come across it, I'll let you know.

[quote name='dayglo']I picked up the Saturn, cables, and 3d Controller for 420 yen, so about $3.60? I've wanted to play NiGHTS since I was about 12, but never had a Saturn. I tried to find one a few years ago, but ended up getting lazy and giving up. So 9 years of building up a game that I've wanted to play, and my reaction to it:

meh

Although, it would be impossible to live up to my expectations I had for it, so it's my own fault. But atleast now I have a Saturn for a month. I'm really digging Virtual-On, but without the twin sticks, and little hope in finding it, it's lacking something.

Any recommendations for Japanese Saturn games I should look for?

Oh, and how cheap is "cheap" for Rumble Fish? If I come across it, I'll let you know.[/QUOTE]

Can you read Japanese? I can't so I limit my Saturn imports to mainly fighters since they're very import friendly and if you don't like them, they're very easy to trade or sell. Of course any of the KOF, Fatal Fury, Vs series, or Samurai Showdown games. But watch out you'll need a RAM cart to play most of the good ones. The VF series can usually be found in on the 100 yen shelves. Always lookout for a Raident Silvergun, Groove on Fight, Castlevania, or Dungeons & Dragons (the 2D Beat-em-up one, like Final FIght.)

For Rumble Fish I'd say cheap as in around 2000 yen. If it's okay I'll gladly pay you an extra $15 for your efforts and everything, if you find one that is.

bread's done
Back