June Club Nintendo Games for 100-150 coins

Kirby Super Star is by far my favorite Kirby game, I still have the SNES cartridge however so I probably won't grab it but I highly recommend giving it a try! They also have a separate version on the DS that adds some stuff but the original is still amazing.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......I just bought Kirby Superstar a week ago. It figures. Damn it.

Anyone have any insight on Maboshi's Arcade. Never heard of it. It looks kinda meh.

[quote name='Rollobobo']AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......I just bought Kirby Superstar a week ago. It figures. Damn it.

Anyone have any insight on Maboshi's Arcade. Never heard of it. It looks kinda meh.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing about Maboshi's Arcade. They have an IGN quote on their game's site but that could have been taken out of context.

edit: It has a metacritic of 85 but 4 of 8 reviews were by Nintendo review sites. I'll wait on it until we get some reviews from real gamers.

I'll be buying Kirby now though.

[quote name='Blaster man']I was wondering the same thing about Maboshi's Arcade. They have an IGN quote on their game's site but that could have been taken out of context.

edit: It has a metacritic of 85 but 4 of 8 reviews were by Nintendo review sites. I'll wait on it until we get some reviews from real gamers.

I'll be buying Kirby now though.[/QUOTE]

Kirby she be an instant buy for anyone who doesn't already have it. Such a great game. Its about time Nintendo puts their own games (first party) titles up to purchase. I would buy Donkey Kong for 3DS as well, but...I dont own a 3DS. :cry:

[quote name='Rollobobo']Kirby she be an instant buy for anyone who doesn't already have it. Such a great game. Its about time Nintendo puts their own games (first party) titles up to purchase. I would buy Donkey Kong for 3DS as well, but...I dont own a 3DS. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Same here with Donkey Kong. No 3DS here either. FYI: They had Zelda Majora's Mask a few months ago too. I've got that sitting on my Nintendo Wii but haven't played it yet. I'm simply adding to the backlog with download games on the Wii.

mmmmmm Donkey Kong was the best Game Boy game ever. I spent hours on it and loved it. However, with none of the "Super Game Boy" color support, I was a bit disappointed. How hard can that possibly be to implement?!

What's the delivery method for the Kirby Superstar game, is it a code given to you like with Xbox LIVE stuff?

That's a $30 SNES game- I don't have it. Looks pretty cool.

[quote name='XF Gator']What's the delivery method for the Kirby Superstar game, is it a code given to you like with Xbox LIVE stuff?

That's a $30 SNES game- I don't have it. Looks pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they give you a code instantly, to be redeemed on the Wii/3DS.

In for Kirby and DK.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Kirby she be an instant buy for anyone who doesn't already have it. Such a great game. Its about time Nintendo puts their own games (first party) titles up to purchase. I would buy Donkey Kong for 3DS as well, but...I dont own a 3DS. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Nintendo had Super Mario Kart the first month they started putting games on Club Nintendo if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Nintendo had Super Mario Kart the first month they started putting games on Club Nintendo if I'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

Yep. If I remember correctly, this is the fourth game.
Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario Party, and now Donkey Kong.

I'm happy that I've hoarded all my Club Nintendo points. I just never wanted those physical objects.

[quote name='Blaster man']Yep. If I remember correctly, this is the fourth game.
Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario Party, and now Donkey Kong.

I'm happy that I've hoarded all my Club Nintendo points. I just never wanted those physical objects.[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah me too. Now I'm holding onto the hope we will be able to transfer these games to the Wii U eventually.

OT: Kirby Super Star Ultra and Donkey Kong are both worth it. Brain Age may be worth it but I've never played it.

If nobody has Donkey Kong '94 yet you NEED to grab it.

It's not just one of the best Game Boy games--It is one of the best games in history.

Just a reminder that a Kirby Anniversary collection is due sometime this year and we don't know what it will include.

OK, kinda of an off the wall question, but...is there an expiration date on these voucher codes? I'm tempted to grab the Donkey Kong code for 3DS, but I am not sure when I will finally get the system. I wouldn't be bad if I could hold onto the code for awhile. Anyone have any insight on this or does it show how long the code is good for?!?

[quote name='theflicker']Just a reminder that a Kirby Anniversary collection is due sometime this year and we don't know what it will include.[/QUOTE]

Announced 2 months ago, still not a word on content. I'm actually waiting until next week to use my 150 coins just in case it gets some coverage. If not then I'll pick this up for sure. May even pick it up anyway depending on contents, release date, and price. I'm a big Mario fan but was underwhelmed at that compilation.

[quote name='6er']I would like to see Legend of the Seven Stars put up. Never finished it.[/QUOTE]

Dude just spend the 800 Wii Points ($8) and get it instead of waiting since its the best SNES game besides FF3.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Ohhh shit! Can't wait to get Kirby for my 3DS--OHHHH NEVERMIND. fuckin bullshit.[/QUOTE]

I just realized myself. I was about to ask if I should get Kirby or Brain Age, but then I realized Kirby's a Wii exclusive. Brain Age it is.

[quote name='apterous']mmmmmm Donkey Kong was the best Game Boy game ever. I spent hours on it and loved it. However, with none of the "Super Game Boy" color support, I was a bit disappointed. How hard can that possibly be to implement?![/QUOTE]

That's one of my biggest issues with eShop VC :bomb:...

EVERY eShop VC game should have "GBC" support, every single one. If they could implement it with the Super GameBoy, then it can't be hard to do it on the 3DS. I could be wrong, as I haven't tried one forever, but doesn't most emulators also include the option?

Probably just a way for them to drain more money out of people by releasing "NOW WITH GBA COLOR PALETTE SUPPORT!" versions down the line.

Kirby is a great game. Picked it up! Definitely worth the coins.

Also, we're talking about the new changes to the Club Nintendo coins over in the CN thread. The gist is that lots of WiiWare/VC games are dropping to 5 coins (from 10), DS and 3DS games will be either 20, 30, or 40 coins, and most Wii titles will be less than 50 coins. I'm pretty sure they're doing this to reflect the MSRP of the games. And that's really a sucky idea. This is happening on July 1st.

So if you have a bunch of registration cards saved up, you might want to register them now to maximize your coins.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Dude just spend the 800 Wii Points ($8) and get it instead of waiting since its the best SNES game besides FF3.[/QUOTE]

Too much of a CAG, huge backlog, I can wait.

FYI, coin values are changing for different games. Most Wii game values are going down (20 or 30 instead of 50), and some DS and 3DS games are going down and some are going up. This occurs on July 1st, so if you've been saving codes to register, be aware.

[quote name='adamical']FYI, coin values are changing for different games. Most Wii game values are going down (20 or 30 instead of 50), and some DS and 3DS games are going down and some are going up. This occurs on July 1st, so if you've been saving codes to register, be aware.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably just do what I usually do though and register enough games by the end of the month to be platinum and save the rest. Though now that there are games maybe I'll register an extra game or two.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm very tempted by Kirby, but since I already have the DS remake and that upcoming collection might have it, I think I'll hold off. Not sure about that puzzle game and donkey kong though. I'm going to think those over.

Picked up DK '94 and Sudoku with the 250 coin I needed to spend. Now I need to check and see what I should register with the new coin values. Some of the changes are strange like Sin and Punishment 2 stays at 50 but DKC Returns drops to 30?

If anybody needs some coins I have a Super Mario 3d Land code. Don't need it since I already registered that game. PM me if you want it.

Just noticed the value changes. Kinda makes some of the trades I've made uneven, but what can I do?

Was in for Kirby before thinking about the anniversary collections. Oops.

It says Kirby REQUIRES the Classic Controller? Is this true? Can you not use a Gamecube controller?

DK is tempting but it kills me how small the screen gets for GBA games.

[quote name='metallicoholic']It says Kirby REQUIRES the Classic Controller? Is this true? Can you not use a Gamecube controller?

DK is tempting but it kills me how small the screen gets for GBA games.[/QUOTE]

GC controller worked when I played it.

I love Donkey kong. it is a GREAT game, its basically the first mario vs donkey kong game (not counting the original donkey kong) and it was awesome then and its still awesome now. I was just talking about this game and, despite owning a physical copy of it, I jumped at the chance to have it on my 3DS. kirby superstar is great too but i dont play the wii much anymore plus i killed that game on SNES

[quote name='metallicoholic']It says Kirby REQUIRES the Classic Controller? Is this true? Can you not use a Gamecube controller?

DK is tempting but it kills me how small the screen gets for GBA games.[/QUOTE]

GC controller is always fine when it says requires the classic controller.

[quote name='adamical']FYI, coin values are changing for different games. Most Wii game values are going down (20 or 30 instead of 50), and some DS and 3DS games are going down and some are going up. This occurs on July 1st, so if you've been saving codes to register, be aware.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this blows. I've been saving onto a ton of points so I can hit Platinum again, but with the point value reduction, I don't know if I'll make it.

DK was my first purchase on my 3DS. Highly recommended.

[quote name='mtxbass1']GC controller is always fine when it says requires the classic controller.[/QUOTE]

We're using 2 off-brand wireless controllers and everything seems to be working except you need the Wii home button on the Wiimote to Reset to get out. I really really hate games w/o a "back to menu" button. I can't find any way to get back to the save slot screen, which sucks as I have 2 kids each playing w/ their own save point. The VC suspend works great to get back to where you were but changing save slots is seriously more difficult than it needs to be. I think my 1 son has given up b/c of this. My other son has been playing non-stop though. Great use of 150 coins (though we had over 1500 so not a hardship for us.)
Anybody know if they will change the Gold and Platinum yearly requirements now that the coins have dropped so much? I'm hoping a WiiU and a couple of games will be enough.

In Kirby Super Star, I think you could do L+R+Select+Start to do a soft reset of the game and get back to the main menu but I don't remember at all.

bread's done
Back