June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SeanTM22']Well, ironically, that is the point of these coupons; to clear stock[/QUOTE]

when i went to pick up my copies of DAII and R3, they had plenty copies of ME2 for both systems...even though a couple months ago, when there was a coupon for it, they didn't have them in stock at all

was i tricked? bastards!

I bought SSX, SCV, R3 and DA2 this past weekend. I figure the prices already are pretty good, when they go on sale I'll just do a return and repurchase them.

[quote name='proKoyeon']when i went to pick up my copies of DAII and R3, they had plenty copies of ME2 for both systems...even though a couple months ago, when there was a coupon for it, they didn't have them in stock at all

was i tricked? bastards![/QUOTE]

were they the platinum hits?

[quote name='confoosious']So you went on Sunday and they were completely sold out?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I didn't receive my magazine until yesterday and as a result I wouldn't have had access to any of the applicable deals unless I had bought another copy of the magazine in store earlier on. That being said, I am/was only interested in Dragon Age II and it wouldn't have been worth buying another magazine only to have an issue from my subscription show up later on. Had there been more than one coupon that piqued my interest I could have seen the appeal to going to Best Buy on the day that the new coupons became active.

Picked up Dragon Age II yesterday. Also waiting on SoulCalibur V and SSX to drop down to $10. I signed up for the paid rewards thing and just picked up a magazine from the store. The girl there said I had to pay for it, but I said I don't since it comes with the rewards. So if you don't get the magazine for any of the months, just tell them and they should give you a free one.

[quote name='Prota']The same thing happened to me! :headache: I signed up while picking up FFXIII-2 in March and I was never asked which version I would prefer. I only found out there was a digital version when I got my first digital issue in an email. I didn't receive my coupons this month either, so I went to Best Buy today and explained the situation to the employee I always talk to (not the one who signed me up).

He said he didn't know of a way to change the subscription version. He then proceeded to give me both this month's and last month's issues free and told me to see him every month and he'd give me the current month's issue due to the mix-up. So even though I was upset at first, I'm glad that the problem has been resolved.[/QUOTE]Make sure your filling out the feedback section on the bottom of your receipt & complimenting the rep. Tell the rep that you gave a good review since this helps with them getting raises & obviously you can the benefit of having a friend at BB.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']What a load of crap. I intended buying DA 2, but it is completely out of stock in my area. Same thing happened with Mass Effect 2 a couple months ago. What is the point of having coupons for games that are not in stock, and won't be restocked.[/QUOTE]That's why they should allow coupon use online. Also, these coupons are being used to clear excess stock so some of the clearance worthy titles maybe harder to find since they've already been close to clearanced priced.

[quote name='Lord Izanami']Picked up Dragon Age II yesterday. Also waiting on SoulCalibur V and SSX to drop down to $10. I signed up for the paid rewards thing and just picked up a magazine from the store. The girl there said I had to pay for it, but I said I don't since it comes with the rewards. So if you don't get the magazine for any of the months, just tell them and they should give you a free one.[/QUOTE]I just wish they'd offer house coupons that would completely solve this issue.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...n-packs-should-be-avail-in-store/idi-p/510811

Had some spare time today & picked up DA2 for 360. I managed to score a Signature Edition items code when it came out, so for $5 I'm pretty much set for the 'complete' version (not counting any other DLC).

Still haven't received my 'welcome to Unlocked' coupon packet, so....yeah.

[quote name='Enuf']Make sure your filling out the feedback section on the bottom of your receipt & complimenting the rep. Tell the rep that you gave a good review since this helps with them getting raises & obviously you can the benefit of having a friend at BB.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, since he gave me the magazines for free, I didn't get a receipt. However, I'll make sure to do just that when I use the coupons this month.

[quote name='Enuf']

That's why they should allow coupon use online. Also, these coupons are being used to clear excess stock so some of the clearance worthy titles maybe harder to find since they've already been close to clearanced priced.

I just wish they'd offer house coupons that would completely solve this issue.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...n-packs-should-be-avail-in-store/idi-p/510811[/QUOTE]

If they allowed coupon use online then people would still complain about people getting the coupons for free. The way to solve that would be unique coupons and the magazines inside of plastic bags when sold in stores

dang the rep i talk to said that this month i should get the magazine in mail but i can use the coupons in store. I really doubtful that the june magazine will be sent to my home. Am i the only one that wants to only read the articles :cool:

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']dang the rep i talk to said that this month i should get the magazine in mail but i can use the coupons in store. I really doubtful that the june magazine will be sent to my home. Am i the only one that wants to only read the articles :cool:[/QUOTE]

Pretty much :lol:

They could use the system they are using for the current dirt 3 and max payne system. Just scan your RZ card and its redeemed. Would cut out the fraud.

[quote name='6er']They could use the system they are using for the current dirt 3 and max payne system. Just scan your RZ card and its redeemed. Would cut out the fraud.[/QUOTE]

U do know u can use those coupons multiple times right?

[quote name='Prota']Sadly, since he gave me the magazines for free, I didn't get a receipt. However, I'll make sure to do just that when I use the coupons this month.[/QUOTE]Did you make any purchases during the trip

[quote name='x360x']If they allowed coupon use online then people would still complain about people getting the coupons for free. The way to solve that would be unique coupons and the magazines inside of plastic bags when sold in stores[/QUOTE] Oh, that's not going to be a problem since the coupon packs would have SKU's/UPC meaning if they're not purchased they set off the alarm. These are going to be inventory since it will be required to know how many subs are being purchased in-store & BB will have reps focusing on getting more GC customers.

People who try to steal these will be in for a rude awakening if they try to fleece these like the mags. Also, the mags could also follow suit if the fraud continues which is why I wish they would just offer the "house" coupons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0CAqe6A8LI

[quote name='6er']They could use the system they are using for the current dirt 3 and max payne system. Just scan your RZ card and its redeemed. Would cut out the fraud.[/QUOTE]they don't want to eliminate the actual coupon from a marketing perspective "moms" like having a coupon offer/deal even if they don't buy it right away seeing the coupon keep the deal in their mind. Or at least that's the marketing guru's have researched.

Looks like no SCV $10 this week...Gonna PM Frys ad at BB and for MK:KE for $30...will return if I can get SCV for $10 sometime this month.

OK, so I just signed up for the Unlocked. How do the Welcome packet coupons work? Are they mailed too you, e-mailed, or are they available to print? Also, I received no card nor was I asked to verify my address( though I did scan my reward zone card) Is that normal? I would think if they are sending me physical copies of a magazine, they would at least ask me to verify my address.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JP73']OK, so I just signed up for the Unlocked. How do the Welcome packet coupons work? Are they mailed too you, e-mailed, or are they available to print? Also, I received no card nor was I asked to verify my address( though I did scan my reward zone card) Is that normal? I would think if they are sending me physical copies of a magazine, they would at least ask me to verify my e-mail address.[/QUOTE]

they mail it to u. it usually takes 6 weeks from what ive been told. it suxs i know im waiting 4 mines

[quote name='JP73']OK, so I just signed up for the Unlocked. How do the Welcome packet coupons work? Are they mailed too you, e-mailed, or are they available to print? Also, I received no card nor was I asked to verify my address( though I did scan my reward zone card) Is that normal? I would think if they are sending me physical copies of a magazine, they would at least ask me to verify my e-mail address.[/QUOTE]welcome kits come in the mail, sent out in batches every couple of months. I think when they scanned your RZ card they got the email address already. Did you have to tap the keypad or did they.

[quote name='Enuf']welcome kits come in the mail, sent out in batches every couple of months. I think when they scanned your RZ card they got the email address already. Did you have to tap the keypad or did they.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing, no one tapped the keypad. I know when you return something or get a price match they make you confirm your address, so i figured they would do the same here. But no, they didn't ask me for my address nor did they ask me to confirm it.

Also, how does it work when you are using a coupon on a used game while you are Unlocked? For instance, I might get MLB The Show 11 for $29.99 and use the $20 off coupon making it $9.99. But I should also get the 10% for being Unlocked. Does that 10 percent come off the $29.99 or $9.99? Cause at 7 bucks, that's a nice deal even for a year old sports game.

[quote name='JP73']Also, how does it work when you are using a coupon on a used game while you are Unlocked? For instance, I might get MLB The Show 11 for $29.99 and use the $20 off coupon making it $9.99. But I should also get the 10% for being Unlocked. Does that 10 percent come off the $29.99 or $9.99? Cause at 7 bucks, that's a nice deal even for a year old sports game.[/QUOTE]

it should but and it does but if for some reason it doesnt. i think you have to let them scan the coupons first before you give them the RZ card. but if it doesnt work there is a high chance all the best buy employees as if trained by best buy to violate their own rules will start citing 10% doesnt stack with a coupon.

[quote name='H4Y4TO']I don't know why but I picked up Resistance 3...[/QUOTE]It's the best SP shooter since Half-Life 2, that's why. Plus it has co-op!

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']dang the rep i talk to said that this month i should get the magazine in mail but i can use the coupons in store. I really doubtful that the june magazine will be sent to my home. Am i the only one that wants to only read the articles :cool:[/QUOTE]
I'll admit that I sit there and read some of the reviews/previews, but just like GI some of those 'gear' articles they put into the mag are kinda laughable. I mean, $200 for a frickin' headset?:roll: I paid $5-10 for my current USB headset, which is my nice price, since I use it only sparingly anymore.

All this shit's made in China and will likely break within a couple of years. Worst part is that companies only give you a year's warranty on it, even the bigger ticket items like TV's sometimes have such a piddily warranty. I mean, I don't expect a 10 year warranty on a $250 game console, but something a lil more than 12 months would be nice.

[quote name='JP73']Also, how does it work when you are using a coupon on a used game while you are Unlocked? For instance, I might get MLB The Show 11 for $29.99 and use the $20 off coupon making it $9.99. But I should also get the 10% for being Unlocked. Does that 10 percent come off the $29.99 or $9.99? Cause at 7 bucks, that's a nice deal even for a year old sports game.[/QUOTE]

I bought MLB11 the show and it was $7. $20 off for the game. $3 off for 10%. I gave em RZ card, game, then coupon.

[quote name='Enuf']they don't want to eliminate the actual coupon from a marketing perspective "moms" like having a coupon offer/deal even if they don't buy it right away seeing the coupon keep the deal in their mind. Or at least that's the marketing guru's have researched.[/QUOTE]

Sure, but why don't they just limit the offer to one per RZ member? I know they did it for the free Rocketfish Stylus. I tried getting a second one with a second coupon and it actually came up in their system that the offer was already redeemed with my account.

Yep, I forgot about this when I picked it up today expecting to pay $9.99. Total was $7.34 w/tax AC.

Bought Mortal Kombat: KE($30)... Fry's ad last day is tomorrow.

Bought it just in case SCV never falls to $30...so does the $20 coupon also work on the SCV CE?...or is it YMMV

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Anyone else STILL not get the magazine yet? I live in Illinois.[/QUOTE]

I live in Illinois and I got the mag the first weekend of the month

[quote name='sassylaurie']Sure, but why don't they just limit the offer to one per RZ member? I know they did it for the free Rocketfish Stylus. I tried getting a second one with a second coupon and it actually came up in their system that the offer was already redeemed with my account.[/QUOTE]makes sense to me I wonder what happens if you redeem the offer then return it & later on decide to get it again though.

For those who haven't got your mag yet call here to see what's going on
1-800-678-3643

[quote name='Tdog987']Bought Mortal Kombat: KE($30)... Fry's ad last day is tomorrow.

Bought it just in case SCV never falls to $30...so does the $20 coupon also work on the SCV CE?...or is it YMMV[/QUOTE]

It works but I guess YMMV on cashier actually trying it.

I tried to check online about DA2 for availability for in-store pickup and it said not available for the store nearest me. I walked into the store tonight and there was at least a dozen copies on the shelf. Weak.

[quote name='Enuf']makes sense to me I wonder what happens if you redeem the offer then return it & later on decide to get it again though.

For those who haven't got your mag yet call here to see what's going on
1-800-678-3643[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the number.

Called and reported my missing June issue. Automated message said it could take up to 3 weeks for it to be delivered :bomb:

Looks like I may be forced to buy an issue to use some coupons... damnit.

FYI, I'm in Missouri

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Anyone else STILL not get the magazine yet? I live in Illinois.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ThunderChunky62']I live in Illinois and I got the mag the first weekend of the month[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kayne2000']i havent gotten it yet either[/QUOTE]

Are you all in IL? If you are near Chicago, check out the Chicago thread!

[quote name='Enuf']makes sense to me I wonder what happens if you redeem the offer then return it & later on decide to get it again though.[/QUOTE]

It would depend on how they would want to handle it. Right now, if you use a coupon and return an item, you don't get the coupon or discount back, so your SOL anyways. Otherwise, they could auto-un-activate it and return the offer to your account, like RZ certs on a return.

Went and signed up today and grabbed DA2 for $5 after trading in a couple games. I was pleased with my experience.

For once I traded in a couple games and the value seemed fair lol.

[quote name='slowdive21']Are you all in IL? If you are near Chicago, check out the Chicago thread![/QUOTE]I'm from lake geneva, WI :cool: (where all the Chicago folk vacation)

[quote name='shadowkast']I'm from lake geneva, WI :cool: (where all the Chicago folk vacation)[/QUOTE]

I occasionally hit that BB...But like once every 2 years.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Thanks for the number.

Called and reported my missing June issue. Automated message said it could take up to 3 weeks for it to be delivered :bomb:

Looks like I may be forced to buy an issue to use some coupons... damnit.

FYI, I'm in Missouri[/QUOTE]

I live in CA and still haven't gotten my magazine. I bought my subscription in September and never got my issue in March and emailed them to complain and they said they would extend my subscription by a year to make up for it.

I emailed them again on Monday to inquire about my current issue since it's MIA, and they said they would mail me a new one. They didn't tell me it would take 3 weeks though. I don't want to spend $5 on a magazine like I had to do in March.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not to sound like Enuf here asking for kudos for his ideas on the BB forums, but could those who haven't done so yet please go and give kudos to my idea for printing the coupons in the mag on security paper to cut down on fraud(such as scanning/copying/printing coupons w/o buying the mag). Thanks.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ch-issue-and-how-to-stop-it/idc-p/531396#M829[/QUOTE] The main reason GC is as good as it is now can be directly attributed to the forums post. I don't wanna go back to 2 yrs ago & still be paying $15 for those deals. Coupon stacks b/c of the forums post the got so much attention mainly from CAG so this is the simplest way to go & you get in touch with BB. The only thing I miss is getting $10 for every $150 spent on gaming everything else is better or getting better.

[quote name='Enuf']The main reason GC is as good as it is now can be directly attributed to the forums post. I don't wanna go back to 2 yrs ago & still be paying $15 for those deals. Coupon stacks b/c of the forums post the got so much attention mainly from CAG so this is the simplest way to go & you get in touch with BB. The only thing I miss is getting $10 for every $150 spent on gaming everything else is better or getting better.[/QUOTE]
The only thing I miss from the free GC is the oopsie coupons that were giving us free games every so often.;) The games that ended up free after coupons were ones I had some passing interest in(Fairytale Fights) but just couldn't justify paying over $5 for.;)

bread's done
Back