June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
ah yes i just noticed its 2 PSN/XBLA titles on a disc... and they look lousy. 10 bucks saved, thanks! still reconsidering resistance 3, I beat the game and got somewhat far in multiplayer, but I never beat it on hard or got the platinum...

I bought a couple full price guides at Best Buy today along with some games, but I didn't get the 15% off guides deal.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat257500050035&type=category

Is this because the games I bought were with the @gamer coupons (Dragon Age 2 and Resistance 3). So the computer chose the @gamer coupon promotion rather than the guide promotion because it was better?

I'm just now figuring this out. Am I correct?

So according to Best Buy's gamer zone website, for the Call of Duty MW3 coupon,

"To redeem, claim offer and show coupon or Reward Zone Gamers Club member number at purchase."

So, that seems to imply that I don't need the actual coupon but my Reward Zone Gamers Club member number will suffice. Here is my question: If I sign up in store using the gamer kiosk, I should still be able to get this discount off MW3 because it will be linked to my reward zone number, right?

For people that want to use the stock locator for Dragon Age II:

PS3 1686149
Xbox 1685052

I couldn't find the playstation one easily on their site. It shows copies available at quite a few best buys around me so I'm not sure what that weird stuff was with other stores pulling their copies.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I like that mlb 11 the show idea ! Since mlb 10 the show is 7.99 used at gamestop after I do that big trade in tommorow I'm going to buy a copy of mlb 10 from gs with the credit, flip it to bestbuy and then get mlb 11 with that credit :)[/QUOTE]

Does buying MLB 10 at GS first really worth the effort
MLB 10 - 7.19
trade in to BB for 8.40
Buy MLB 11 - 7.00
(spent 7.19 at GameStop and have $1.40 in BB credit)

Versus just buying MLB 11 at BB for 7.00
(and do you really even want MLB 11?)

Is that all worth $1.20??!![quote name='cheapfrag']Does buying MLB 10 at GS first really worth the effort
MLB 10 - 7.19
trade in to BB for 8.40
Buy MLB 11 - 7.00
(spent 7.19 at GameStop and have $1.40 in BB credit)

Versus just buying MLB 11 at BB for 7.00
(and do you really even want MLB 11?)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IzzyF3']Wow, never did so much shopping at bestbuy until today. Picked up Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, MW3, Goldeneye, Soulcalibur 5 CE (box all beat up from those wire security devices that pulls on the sides), and Resistance 3. Wanted to pick up Dragon Age 2, but they were all out of Ps3 copies. Had a ton of 360 copies though.[/QUOTE]

not sure where you at in norcal but the pleasant hill/concord bb has da2 ps3 on the shelf. i saw maybe 5 copies left over after i got mine there last night.

[quote name='shadowkast']Is that all worth $1.20??!![/QUOTE]

That's what I was asking... I wasn't proposing it, I was questioning it as a lot of effort for tiny savings if you don't already own the game

[quote name='cheapfrag']That's what I was asking... I wasn't proposing it, I was questioning it as a lot of effort for tiny savings if you don't already own the game[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ! there is acually a reason for my madness. You see I have plenty of gs credit to spare, this way I don't pay a dime out of my pocket for mlb 11 and I can buy a soda ! The gs I'm going to is literally across the steet from bestbuy so this is easy lol. I'll play mlb the show 11 till 12 gets cheap :)

[quote name='runscottie']So according to Best Buy's gamer zone website, for the Call of Duty MW3 coupon,

"To redeem, claim offer and show coupon or Reward Zone Gamers Club member number at purchase."

So, that seems to imply that I don't need the actual coupon but my Reward Zone Gamers Club member number will suffice. Here is my question: If I sign up in store using the gamer kiosk, I should still be able to get this discount off MW3 because it will be linked to my reward zone number, right?[/QUOTE]

I was able to make use of this deal yesterday without a coupon and at the same time I bought the unlocked gamer reward thing. The guy at the desk had no idea what was going on with it, but I just pulled up the website that said it was 10$ off on my phone and he rang me up with no problems. Took maybe 5 mins from entering the store, buying the game and unlocking the premium reward program, and leaving.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You have to log into your RZ account to get the offers. Unless you're talking about a digital @Gamer sub, in which case I believe the coupons are still snail mailed to you.

Every magazine usually takes 4-6 weeks to start arriving, but you should have received the first issue in store when you signed up. Not only that but if you haven't received the current months' mag and want to use a coupon from it you could always try going in store and asking nicely if you could use the coupon from it because yours hasn't arrived yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I might try and ask nicely. That said, why does it take 4-6 weeks to send a magazine? I never understood that? Get it to me now, so I can start spending money at your store....

[quote name='Sway']Just got the magazine yesterday. Let's go sales on SSX/SC5![/QUOTE]

Does anyone want to speculate on the possibility of SCV sales later this month?

I just got my magazine, and my fiancee's birthday is this coming Sunday. I could get it this week, but I've had problems price matching sale/coupon prices on opened games.

Got the mag in yesterday and went and got Resistance 3 and DA2. Thinking of picking up SC5 and Deadliest Warrior. There is a BB with SC5 CE near me. Wonder if it will work with the CE. Might give it a shot later today.

[quote name='thejnc']Got the mag in yesterday and went and got Resistance 3 and DA2. Thinking of picking up SC5 and Deadliest Warrior. There is a BB with SC5 CE near me. Wonder if it will work with the CE. Might give it a shot later today.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will b/c its all based on the SKU, different SKUs for each..but who knows, if your savvy enough, maybe you can get an YMMV over-ride..

I want to get soul calibur 5 but my magazine has yet to come to me. Am I able to go to the store and have them give me a magazine??? I usually get my issues by now

[quote name='token2k6']I don't think it will b/c its all based on the SKU, different SKUs for each..but who knows, if your savvy enough, maybe you can get an YMMV over-ride..[/QUOTE]

It worked with out an over ride. Went in and grabbed the Soulcaliber V CE with minimal damage from the spiderweb casing, another DA2 (for a buddy) and Deadliest Warriors. Took the $20 off SC5 automatically.

Well I picked up dragon age 2 and I also used 7$ worth of gs credit to get mlb 10 the show to do the flip to get a free mlb 11 the show at bestbuy after the coupon and card were used. I used the remaining credit from mlb 10 the show to buy a soda :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well I picked up dragon age 2 and I also used 7$ worth of gs credit to get mlb 10 the show to do the flip to get a free mlb 11 the show at bestbuy after the coupon and card were used. I used the remaining credit from mlb 10 the show to buy a soda :)[/QUOTE]

Now that's the American Dream :applause::applause::applause:

I'm in the didn't get it again club today. Glad to hear about it being a permanent price. No point in rushing now, have all month, and I don't need to waste a trip if I don't have to

Dang you Best Buy for warping my sense of what a 'good deal' is!

Oh, and I subscribed. I had Enuf(lol) of paying $5 over and over. Plus, I want the B2G1 coupons and I've missed out on too many trade-in bonuses, pre-owned discounts, & reward zone points!

TONSSSSS of perks for $14.99 per year!!!!:applause:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Dang you Best Buy for warping my sense of what a 'good deal' is!

Oh, and I subscribed. I had Enuf(lol) of paying $5 over and over. Plus, I want the B2G1 coupons and I've missed out on too many trade-in bonuses, pre-owned discounts, & reward zone points!

TONSSSSS of perks for $14.99 per year!!!!:applause:[/QUOTE]

Not to mention those extra GCU deals. (-$10 off MW3, -$35 off Bond Game, Headset etc)
Although, I think you can be a free member and still claim it I think.
It's actually been a nice surprise since I didn't know about it myself when I first joined.

[quote name='6er']I'm in the didn't get it again club today. Glad to hear about it being a permanent price. No point in rushing now, have all month, and I don't need to waste a trip if I don't have to[/QUOTE]

Be careful. I was at BB last week and they had about 10 copies...went in today to buy and they only had 3 left...1 of which I bought.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Now that's the American Dream :applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

Yep and I'm still enjoying my soda lol. Now if soul calibar or ssx go on sale ill probibly flip mlb 11 to bestbuy using the 100% promo and use that credit with one of those coupons to get either ssx or soul calibar for even cheaper. Oh the life of a flipper lmao

[quote name='iduncurr']Not to mention those extra GCU deals. (-$10 off MW3, -$35 off Bond Game, Headset etc)
It's actually been a nice surprise since I didn't know about it myself when I first joined.[/QUOTE]

BB Club Rules! WOOP! :D

[quote name='strait edge follower']Yep and I'm still enjoying my soda lol. [/QUOTE]

Stay away from Boston, I hear they have zero respect for another man's diet soda.
I have the soul calibar ce for the 360 already, still thinking about getting it for the ps3 if it goes on sale. What the hell is wrong with me?

[quote name='6er']I'm in the didn't get it again club today. Glad to hear about it being a permanent price. No point in rushing now, have all month, and I don't need to waste a trip if I don't have to[/QUOTE]

me too

[quote name='exopuppy']
25g9oqv.jpg
+ $15 off coupon = PROFIT???[/QUOTE]

I had to go through corporate because they had a Metroid Other M on store clearance at my local store when they had the $40 off (or whatever it was coupon).

They originally told me that I could wait and it would go off clearance (umm... What?!?!) to use the coupon. They eventually agreed it was a legitimate price and a legitimate coupon and should be able to use it, but couldn't honor it. I said that if it is completely legit why should I not be able to use it. She eventual talked with her manager and they sent me a Gift card to cover the money that would have normally came off ($40 or whatever it was) and I just bought the game without using coupon.

But don't expect the same results as it took forever for them to get around other excuses. First they said it wasn't a valid coupon because I got it out of a magazine and they have the right to deny other coupons. She sounded like a dear in the headlights when I explained @gamer is THE official BBY magazine. Then 5 minutes of her saying they wouldn't honor it just because, without giving anything more. I was having a bad day so I pressed for much more than I normally would simply because she had said both were legit and the wording doesn't exclude clearance.

I signed up right at the end of May(5/27). What are the odds that I will actually get the June issue, or should I try to go in-store to see if they will give me one there?

Picked up DA2 today. Only 3 copies in the store. Don't even know if/when I'll play it so it may just get sold online to turn a profit on it. BB base TIV is only $2.

Also, what's up with OP regarding the coupon on SSX? OP says "Coupon states that it CANNOT be used on games that are ON SALE. The coupon will on work on games with PRICE DROPS/CUT or original price." I looked through a couple recent pages of this thread but didn't see anything.

The SSX coupon, and all of the other coupons in the mag, clearly says Markdowns taken from sale prices.

Edit: I made the change to the OP wiki since it sure seems like the coupon should work.

[quote name='Dund3r']Also, what's up with OP regarding the coupon on SSX? OP says "Coupon states that it CANNOT be used on games that are ON SALE. The coupon will on work on games with PRICE DROPS/CUT or original price." I looked through a couple recent pages of this thread but didn't see anything.

The SSX coupon, and all of the other coupons in the mag, clearly says Markdowns taken from sale prices.[/QUOTE]

interesting.

nice catch.

[quote name='slowdive21']I tried the PM/coupon for Deadliest Warrior, but they said it is 'double dipping'.[/QUOTE]

That's BS. According to the April issue of @Gamer, BB encourages double-dipping (check the letter to the editor response on pg 5). Show them that magazine, the back of your coupons that sales markdowns are taken from sale prices, try different customer service associates. Good luck out there.

Edit: My mistake I didn't see the part about the PM. That may be pushing it. Coupons should always work though.

I got the last copy of Resistance 3, and the second to last copy of Dragon Age 2 today! I also used the $10 off a pre-owned game for Mario Kart 7 today and got it for 24.99. Not a bad day at Best Buy.

[quote name='Dund3r']That's BS. According to the April issue of @Gamer, BB encourages double-dipping (check the letter to the editor response on pg 5). Show them that magazine, the back of your coupons that sales markdowns are taken from sale prices, try different customer service associates. Good luck out there.[/QUOTE]

It's funny because they did say that they encouraged double dipping, but I don't think anyone has had any luck with price matching AND using a coupon. I don't blame BB for not wanting to do this either.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's funny because they did say that they encouraged double dipping, but I don't think anyone has had any luck with price matching AND using a coupon. I don't blame BB for not wanting to do this either.[/QUOTE]

I was able to do it with the Darkness when they had the 19.99 tweet, but it wasn't resulting in a free game like Deadliest Warrior. I'm pretty sure it is possible with 2 manager overrides, but I didn't want to push it.

I haven't received my @Gamer yet for the month. Normally I receive it before the month starts, but I guess since they held back the issue to not potentially 'spoil' anything from E3 that means I'll get it either tomorrow or Saturday. Oh well. Not like I'm using any coupons from it besides the DA2 one anyway.:razz:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Dang you Best Buy for warping my sense of what a 'good deal' is!

TONSSSSS of perks for $14.99 per year!!!!:applause:[/QUOTE]Yeah, I still remember having to "convince" people that the exclusive GC deals would be really good. Just look at the critics responses in the links from from the BB Ideax forums or http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9420240#post9420240
BB is here to WIN your gaming dollars resistance is futile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8
[quote name='iduncurr']Not to mention those extra GCU deals. (-$10 off MW3, -$35 off Bond Game, Headset etc)
It's actually been a nice surprise since I didn't know about it myself when I first joined.[/QUOTE]^^^ & from what I hear this is just the beginning GC will be amazing once they fix the pre-order system.

[quote name='TooPoor']Go my mag today, will hit up Best Buy during the weekend. Don't really need R3 though.[/QUOTE]trade fodder

[quote name='gravel']I signed up right at the end of May(5/27). What are the odds that I will actually get the June issue, or should I try to go in-store to see if they will give me one there?[/QUOTE]option # 2 also vote here so you'll get access to "house" coupons in the future
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...n-packs-should-be-avail-in-store/idi-p/510811

[quote name='gundie']Does the coupon for DA2 apply to the PC version?[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, no BB doesn't seem to have alot of love for the PC gamers but I believe a person with the same issue is making a post on the BB ideax thread so people can vote to get more pc deals.

[quote name='slowdive21']I tried the PM/coupon for Deadliest Warrior, but they said it is 'double dipping'.[/QUOTE]what price match? If your trying to pm a store then apply the coupon they're right to refuse as pm's DON'T stack w/coupons.

^^^19.99 at frys.

EDIT: I am not upset, I just figured I would try since they did pm the 19.99 darkness tweet and let me use a coupon in the past.

Yeah, when BBY said they encourage people to double dip, they meant to use the coupon when the game is on sale. People who thought it meant PMing clearly have reading comprehension problems (or they chose to ignore it).

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^19.99 at frys.

EDIT: I am not upset, I just figured I would try since they did pm the 19.99 darkness tweet and let me use a coupon in the past.[/QUOTE]Oh, ok but even still getting the game for "free" is gonna negatively red flag & that's enough for them to give you the correct refusal.

Not for you but for those not familiar with other @gamer OP's
icon8.gif
Coupons DO NO STACK with PRICE MATCHES, "PACKAGE" deals (buy 2 get 1, etc), other coupons on the same title or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)

bread's done
Back