June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
People still stealing coupons, sigh.... I know we are cheap but come on, a 15$ off game coupon covers the sub by itself and its for a whole year. Flip a game to get the sub for all I care but just get it already !!!! (For the people who don't have it yet of course)

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']ballsy? not really. i did it right infront of a sales clerk. its their own fault for not letting me know i wasn't allowed. not to mention the magazines are on a table in the middle of the game section unattended.

but thanks for your concern :)[/QUOTE]

loser. go back under that rock you crawled out from.

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']ballsy? not really. i did it right infront of a sales clerk. its their own fault for not letting me know i wasn't allowed. not to mention the magazines are on a table in the middle of the game section unattended.

Ok, so if you gas up your car, and drive off without paying, its the stores fault for telling you you have to pay before you leave. I have a feeling you wouldn't understand what the social contract is if it was glued to your face.

I feel like I'm watching Idiocracy. This is the guy that drove off the bridge

This is just one of the many reasons why we cannot have nice things.

Boosting subscriptions will surely result in great deals on a consistent basis.

If you fail to comprehend this, then maybe getting your head out of your ass might help.

[quote name='runscottie']So according to Best Buy's gamer zone website, for the Call of Duty MW3 coupon,

"To redeem, claim offer and show coupon or Reward Zone Gamers Club member number at purchase."

So, that seems to imply that I don't need the actual coupon but my Reward Zone Gamers Club member number will suffice. Here is my question: If I sign up in store using the gamer kiosk, I should still be able to get this discount off MW3 because it will be linked to my reward zone number, right?[/QUOTE]

Answered my own question!

If you sign up at Best Buy for gamers club at the kiosk, your Members reward zone number is automatically updated and you can start using the discounts that are exclusive to gamers club members immediately. Got MW3 for only $25 bucks! Niccceeee. going back today to get the Turtle Beach X12 for only 34.99!

Picked up Resistance 3 and Dragon Age 2, last copies. I was originally going to sell them to mitigate the cost of a used Dragon's Dogma (I have a decent discount since it's my birthday next week) but I decided to actually play Resistance 3 first. Liking it so far, it has co-op locally too according to the box so I might end up keeping it. Definitely selling Dragon Age 2 if I even decide to play it. Congratulations Bioware for making an utterly unlikeable cast in DA2.

the best buy online website doesn't say that there are new copies of dragon age II for ps3.

does that mean they don't carry it anymore?

[quote name='BoromirsFan']the best buy online website doesn't say that there are new copies of dragon age II for ps3.

does that mean they don't carry it anymore?[/QUOTE]

They discontinued it for the PS3 at best buy. My buddy who works there was looking for it but they didn't have any and even a shipment they got from a store that closed didn't have it. Funny thing was that they had a used copy of it for Ps3.

Got my copy of Resistance 3:ps3: and DA2:360:

[quote name='strait edge follower']Operation "free deadliest warrior" = fail, oh well lol[/QUOTE]

Haha can you see the shock on my face? :shock:

But good on ya for trying. It never hurts to try.

[quote name='Killerlampshade']I still haven't received my coupons. Looks like the stuff I want will probably be sold out if and when I get them.[/QUOTE]You should buy them before then just return/rebuy with the coupons on stuff you really want.

[quote name='alex12353']I have a question about getting a subscription. If I go in-store and buy gamers club unlocked, is there anything I have to do to get my copy of the magazine in store?[/QUOTE]When they scan the mag it'll zero out as free when the unlocked barcode is scanned on the same receipt.

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']Thanks for the post guys!
I just got my copy of resistance 3 for 10$.
i just walked in and grabbed the mag and ripped out the coupon. no one said anything to me i just acted like i dint know i had to pay for the magazine. I went in line used the coupon and BAM! res3 for 10$ thanks CAG's!
and thanks best buy employees in NYC for not giving a @#$%![/QUOTE]But the end result will be more headaches when you have to ask for the mags which will be locked in the plastic cereal boxes in the future.

[quote name='jimbobolowskie']Thanks for the post guys!
I just got my copy of resistance 3 for 10$.
i just walked in and grabbed the mag and ripped out the coupon. no one said anything to me i just acted like i dint know i had to pay for the magazine. I went in line used the coupon and BAM! res3 for 10$ thanks CAG's!
and thanks best buy employees in NYC for not giving a @#$%![/QUOTE]
The audacity to flaunt this...wow...just wow.

Either my wife is playing a horrible joke on me or I just got my @gamer. Few more hours at work.....

I'll make sure to do the install, then patch, then online code on R3

I would hate to have to DL and install all those ps+games again

Yeah, I finally got my magazine in the mail too. Guess I'll be going tomorrow to BB. Hopefully they still have DA2 in-stock cause seems like none of my stores near me even have the game.

[quote name='eXiON']Yeah, I finally got my magazine in the mail too. Guess I'll be going tomorrow to BB. Hopefully they still have DA2 in-stock cause seems like none of my stores near me even have the game.[/QUOTE]

It says EVERY store near me has some, all 5 stores within 30 minutes. Wierd its rare at so many

[quote name='gundie']Anyone played Deadliest Warrior? How is it? Worth $10?[/QUOTE]

There are demos of both games on XBLA and I'd assume on PSN as well.

The first one was ok (It was on sale for $2 last year) but nothing special. I'd say $10 for both games is ok, but I wouldn't pay a penny more than that.

1) you're a tool jimbo
2) reading the back of deadliest warrior: includes two full fighting games and 6 episodes of the show. Gotta be worth $10.... right

Edit: and all the dlc

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Haha can you see the shock on my face? :shock:

But good on ya for trying. It never hurts to try.[/QUOTE]

Lol yea. When its one of those situations where you have nothing to loose you are a winner anyway :)

[quote name='gundie']Anyone played Deadliest Warrior? How is it? Worth $10?[/QUOTE]

From the YouTube videos, I wouldn't take that for free! My gosh!:whistle2:#

Wait..I guess I would, then trade it in for 15¢, 13¢ more than it looks like it's worth.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']From the YouTube videos, I wouldn't take that for free! My gosh!:whistle2:#

Wait..I guess I would, then trade it in for 15¢, 13¢ more than it looks like it's worth.[/QUOTE]

Just checked youtube. Dang! What a piece of crap!

The Deadliest Warrior game is shit. I'm a fighting game fan and I'm having an okay time in it, but if you aren't going to play with friends, its shit. The AI is horrible, absolute garbage. That being said, I'm having a bit of fun in it, but it's a horrible game that I wouldn't recommend.

I picked up Dragon Age, but only because I saw it. I might return it. I have no interest in keeping it really, only got it because I saw it and I knew it was $5. Should have put that back with R3.

[quote name='strait edge follower']People still stealing coupons, sigh.... I know we are cheap but come on, a 15$ off game coupon covers the sub by itself and its for a whole year. Flip a game to get the sub for all I care but just get it already !!!! (For the people who don't have it yet of course)[/QUOTE]
Don't worry. I sent Mariel from the BB forums an private message about the shenanigans I saw listed on SD, where people are using that Keyring app and printing up copies of it again. Hopefully BB will send SD a cease and desist and they'll have to change their rules to that of CAG, where ad/coupon scans aren't allowed.;)
[quote name='BoromirsFan']the best buy online website doesn't say that there are new copies of dragon age II for ps3.

does that mean they don't carry it anymore?[/QUOTE]
There's a stock locator link that's been mentioned at least 2-3x(if not more) in this thread. It should be fairly accurate, but only if your store has 3 or more copies of the game. If it has less than that then it'll show as unavailable/out of stock.

If that happens you could try going to the actual store. You may get lucky or you may strike out, but you'll never know unless you try.;)

FYI: The stock locator was less than 50 posts up from this one you wrote.

took my FF XII-2 i had got a few months ago for $15 w gamer coupon, traded it for $24.12 w the extra trade in and gamer unlocked. got Resistance 3 and Dragon Age 2 w the coupons. came to $15.88 total. used credit...pretty good deal and i have some credit $ left

Went in, traded a few games, and finally picked up a subscription to the magazine. This is the forth time I've used it, so if I would have signed up the very first time, I would be saving money now.

Hopefully the deals stay good and keep coming.

[quote name='cheapfrag']loser. go back under that rock you crawled out from.[/QUOTE]

He probably stole the rock too.

[quote name='ProAnon']Unattended? They're fucking magazines. Should they have a swat team guarding them 24/7?[/QUOTE]

far better use of a swat team than busting down the doors of gangs dont you agree?

[quote name='strait edge follower']People still stealing coupons, sigh.... I know we are cheap but come on, a 15$ off game coupon covers the sub by itself and its for a whole year. Flip a game to get the sub for all I care but just get it already !!!! (For the people who don't have it yet of course)[/QUOTE]

when i was a customer service person coupons and checks(2 years ago) were still the number 1 source of fraud in retail.

[quote name='Abeja']Dude i dont care what you do really but just subscribe or buy the mag. $5 isnt worth the theft and the sub has paid itself off within the 1st month that I subscribed (last Oct).

Me personally am gonna grab R3 and DA2 with the coupon. My BB lets me get one of each system so Ill grab DA2 on 360 and PS3 then sell them to cancel out my costs.
[/QUOTE]

I'm confused... Aren't you essentially doing the same thing? The coupon states that it's valid once, but you knowingly exploit that. You then try justifying it by stating that your store allows it, so it's not your fault...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']From the YouTube videos, I wouldn't take that for free! My gosh!:whistle2:#

Wait..I guess I would, then trade it in for 15¢, 13¢ more than it looks like it's worth.[/QUOTE]

I liked it, it reminded me a lot of the old Bushido Blade games.

So, anyone else not get their magazine yet? I never got my March issue and had to email them. Haven't had any problems the last few months but come on it's the 8th now and I want Resistance 3.

[quote name='raarar']So, anyone else not get their magazine yet? I never got my March issue and had to email them. Haven't had any problems the last few months but come on it's the 8th now and I want Resistance 3.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. No magazine here.

Picked up DA2 and MLB11 for $12.86. Gonna wait on R3 being as I own the first 2 and haven't beaten either. Hopefully SSX gets a good deal, have wanted to check that out.

[quote name='raarar']So, anyone else not get their magazine yet? I never got my March issue and had to email them. Haven't had any problems the last few months but come on it's the 8th now and I want Resistance 3.[/QUOTE]

For those of you who aren't receiving your physical magazines on time, did you guys supply Best Buy with your Zip + 4? I know it never really caught on with the general population and most people don't even know theirs (look at one of your utility bills) but it narrows down your address a lot more than just the 5 digit Zip Code.

Maybe it's all in my head but I've never received my magazine late. My Gamefly games come arrive fast too.

Finally got the magazine today, too - too bad there's no sales on there next week. I can wait and see on SCV, there's a million copies available at my local BB, both the regular and collector's edition.

Finally got my magazine on Wednesday.

Today purchased:

:ps3: Resistance 3 $9.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $4.99
:ps3: Deadliest Warrior $9.99

... and got :ps3: MW3 for $24.99 with the $10 automatic RZ coupon.

4 games for $50.

Bought da2 and resistance 3 wenr next door to gamestop traded them and gta4. got almost 9 for da2 and 12 for resistance not a big profit but sum none the less.

[quote name='craig.courtney']Picked up DA2 and MLB11 for $12.86. Gonna wait on R3 being as I own the first 2 and haven't beaten either. Hopefully SSX gets a good deal, have wanted to check that out.[/QUOTE]
I am in the same boat own 1 and 2 never played but bought 3 anyway we might not be lucky to get it 10 new again for a while(year or 2 when your lucky) i just grabbed it now. one day i will play them maybe sooner now that i own all 3.

bread's done
Back