Jung Typology Test!

ATK

CAGiversary!
I just took a personality test and it is actually quite interesting on how accurate it is. ( I mean of course if you answer it honestly). It only takes about 2-5 minutes and totally worth it in my opionion. I ended up with INTJ which is..

[quote name='From the Site']All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.[/QUOTE]

LINK

And here is the test: LINK

It also says "my kind" are few and are rarely found outside the office or laboratory.. Well that explains my lack of a social life! :lol: . And also states that I rarely take leadership until one fails and I rise to take command..

Take it and share! :).

Thanks OP, that was pretty cool. I was classified as Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging (ENTJ).

Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups...They cannot not build organizations, and cannot not push to implement their goals...Fieldmarshals more than any other type desire (and generally have the ability) to visualize where the organization is going, and they seem able to communicate that vision to others...Their ability to organize, however, may be more highly developed than their ability to analyze, and the Fieldmarshal leader may need to turn to an Inventor or Architect to provide this kind of input...they can and will abandon any procedure when it can be shown to be ineffective in accomplishing its goal.

Those last parts actually pretty accurately describe me, but the most amusing part of this test was the trademark quote that apparently represents my category:

TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die."

I got ISTJ. It started off pretty accurately, then it got to this:

Inspectors are still highly sociable, and are likely to be involved in community service organizations, such as Sunday School, Little League, or Boy and Girl Scouting, that transmit traditional values to the young.

and this:

As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time.

Those couldn't be any more wrong

INTJ

You are:
  • moderately expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed thinking personality
  • slightly expressed judging personality
So....I guess I'm just a middle of the road person that isn't extreme on any issue

Another INTJ

• slightly expressed introvert
  • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed thinking personality
  • slightly expressed judging personality
hmm we could make this an interesting studies on gamers who don't like spending money and are forum addicts

Int J.

[SIZE=+1]Introverted 44[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Intuitive 88[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Thinking 38[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Judging[/SIZE] 78
It codes on sexual orientation, too.

INFP

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Somewhat accurate. A lot of the test could have gone both ways for me though...

I usually hold that position as well. But if you read the more in depth description it proves to be more accurate.

[quote name='seanr1221']No, it really doesn't

Sorry to sound like a dick, but no one (that I know) in psychology takes these seriously.[/QUOTE]
Really? What about "What Batman character are you?" because those seem pretty accurate...

Sorry to sound like a dick, but no one (that I know) in psychology takes these seriously.[/QUOTE]

Well of course I would not place money on it. But I am saying this seemed(in my opinion) to be more in line than others. There were mishaps (which I can not remember off hand what they were), but generally was entertaining to see how it matched up.

And if I wanted the most exact, precise, accurate reading possible I would go see someone in the psychology field. Though that would most likely require cash, and I do not see myself paying someone to evaluate my personality. Because well... its mine to find out. It is only for entertainment purposes.

Did your reading not come out the way you wanted it to? ;) .

EDIT: With the batman topic, I would normally get the Flash if it was over all of DC. I have yet to take one for batman exclusively.

MY TYPE : INFJ

imoderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

Do you know anybody in psychology who takes drug therapy for mental disorders seriously?

No one in psychology takes general internet personality tests seriously, perhaps, but the Myers-Briggs (which this basically is) has been around for a very long time. There are valid criticisms against it (it's rather vague, and it doesn't include validity checks), but it at least has a 50-year history behind it. They can't all be the MMPI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took it for school years ago and I got INTP.

I took it here and i got ISTJ.

Not surprising that most people here are introverts.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Do you know anybody in psychology who takes drug therapy for mental disorders seriously?[/QUOTE]

In the sense it's the be all end all or that they practice it?

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']No one in psychology takes general internet personality tests seriously, perhaps, but the Myers-Briggs (which this basically is) has been around for a very long time. There are valid criticisms against it (it's rather vague, and it doesn't include validity checks), but it at least has a 50-year history behind it. They can't all the MMPI.[/QUOTE]

Of course it's been around for a long time. Doesn't make it valid ;)

It was kind of close. But just like how horrorscopes are written they are meant to apply to everyone in some way because as much as people want to think they are all unique special snowflakes where no two are alike, we are all very much alike in a great many ways.

[quote name='seanr1221']In the sense it's the be all end all or that they practice it?[/QUOTE]

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/depression/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100203204

I can't find the exact article, but it catches most of the highlights. I bolded a key sentence.

"Taken together, the published studies gave the impression that — for patients in the studies — antidepressants were about a third more effective than they were when all FDA data were considered. In contrast, when unpublished data were taken into account, the drugs did not seem to provide much more benefit than a placebo. The authors (and, in press interviews, the NEJM’s editor-in-chief) emphasized that this skewed publication pattern deprives clinicians and patients of information needed to make good treatment decisions."

I remember on the Myers-Briggs test (I think it was) I took years ago it said something like I was the mastermind type. Didn't have evil mastermind. :(

[quote name='thirdrose']Thanks OP, that was pretty cool. I was classified as Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging (ENTJ). I'm also ENTJ.

Those last parts actually pretty accurately describe me, but the most amusing part of this test was the trademark quote that apparently represents my category:[/QUOTE]

ENTJ here too!!

It's also fairly well respected in communication studies. There are some flaws but as a general guideline it's good. Course the needed reliability rate in comm studies is fairly low when compared to other disciplines but that's to be expected anytime you're dealing with human behavior.

bread's done
Back