Just A Random Thought that Popped into my Head

AlbinoNinja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I was reading the review of the new Street Fighter game for PSP and I began to think "Man, how great would Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for PSP be..."

...and I reilized... that's brilliant!!!

Think about it, the real problem for these PS2 to PSP ports is that the graphics/gameplay suffer and its hard to convert controls. DC games had the exact same controls scheme as PSP, and graphics which were on par, maybe even a bit worse, than the PSP. Still, the games were amazing, and often perfect for short play bursts.

Jet Grind Radio
Sonic Adventure 1+2 (even if its been ported to hell)
Phantasy Star Online
Some Really Awesome Shooter Games
Dynamite Cop
Zombie Revenge
Toy Commander
Soul Calibur
Crazy Taxi (see sonic adventure)

Even better, most of the games on the list were created by Sega. They're sitting on a gold mine. The games just need to be ported, they can be sold for cheap (although they probably won't) and reviewers will instantly praise them just because they don't suffer from the load times/controls of most PSP games.

Power Stone's a start, but i want to see more DC on my PSP!!!

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']
Think about it, the real problem for these PS2 to PSP ports is that the graphics/gameplay suffer and its hard to convert controls. DC games had the exact same controls scheme as PSP, and graphics which were on par, maybe even a bit worse, than the PSP. Still, the games were amazing, and often perfect for short play bursts.[/QUOTE]

Kind of similar controls (4 buttons, d-pad, analog stick/nub, and shoulder buttons), but the DC's are better. The PSP nub sucks.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']Power Stone's a start, but i want to see more DC on my PSP!!![/QUOTE]

You *must* get Virtua Tennis then - $20 new makes it the cheapest PSP game there is (and its a lot less on EBGames.com used w/ CAG15, Edge card, and SAVER). Sega also released a Guilty Gear title (in Japan - it was something like $13 on Play-Asia when I bought it), and Capcom released Darkstalkers (a DC port).

There is one problem with Capcom fighter games on the PSP, the D-Pad. I need a SNES D-Pad or a decent stick. The nub blows.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: i think every PSP owner has at least though of once that most DC games would be superb on the PSP... so nothing new.[/quote]

Yeah...

This isn't a horrible idea but the analog nub really really sucks on the PSP.

Instead of straight ports I'd like to see new titles or remakes of DC games, especialy ones that never got a sequel or port to the PS2/X-Box like Bangai-O or Rush 2049 (bah to the new LA Rush game coming! I want my 2049!) or as the topic poster mentioned, Toy Commander (although the PSP is missing the analog triggers and that game was a very precise game, yeah nm on the Toy Commander.

Since we are on the subject anyway of classics... how about a new NiGHTS or a remake? I think that would work dandy for the PSP even with a d-pad.

I think there was a thread a while ago on here where someone posted a bunch of old Dreamcast games as PSP screenshots. It was purely fan created but man was it cool.

[quote name='b3b0p']There is one problem with Capcom fighter games on the PSP, the D-Pad. I need a SNES D-Pad or a decent stick. The nub blows.[/QUOTE]do the dpad mod then.

I did it, it was easy.

my PSP pad works so much greater now.

[quote name='JEKKI']do the dpad mod then.

I did it, it was easy.

my PSP pad works so much greater now.[/QUOTE]

Which one? I have found links for about 3 or so different ones.

I like the PSP ananlog nub...

I would love to see Sega support of any kind. Panzer Dragoon, Sonic, JSRF, Space Channel 5, Virtua Fighter etc would be fucking amazing to play on the PSP.

bread's done
Back