Just bought a 360 Book on Free LIVE..lol

brenglen

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Alright so I was at a store and there was this book on "how to have Free Xbox 360 Live FOREVER!" I mean I looked and kinda laughed at it but then I read it and the plan is not soo bad but it is a mess, the queston tho is Why isn't Microsoft going after the guy that wrote the book.

Anyways the book says to keep making up a new email address (fake address...everything) and then go on 360 and make a new account and u will get free 30 days then keep doing it again.

has anyone have done this? or is this a scam?

Wow someone actually made money selling a book that could be condensed to one sentence.

"Open a new live account with a new e-mail every month."

The problem with this is that your achievement scores will always reset, you will lose your friends lists, you'll have to transfer over game saves, and your online stats will reset.

Not to mention that MS would probably ban your IP if they ever found out.

i've tried this, doesn't work. each 360 has a limited amount of free gold trials you can get. I think after 6, it gives you silver accounts.

[quote name='brenglen']Alright so I was at a store and there was this book on "how to have Free Xbox 360 Live FOREVER!" I mean I looked and kinda laughed at it but then I read it and the plan is not soo bad but it is a mess, the queston tho is Why isn't Microsoft going after the guy that wrote the book.

Anyways the book says to keep making up a new email address (fake address...everything) and then go on 360 and make a new account and u will get free 30 days then keep doing it again.

has anyone have done this? or is this a scam?[/quote]

Lol I hope you really didnt fall for this...

[quote name='klwillis45']That'll be about as useful as this.[/QUOTE]

I bought 2 of those in case one of the files gets deleted. Never hurts to be careful.

[quote name='brenglen']Alright so I was at a store and there was this book on "how to have Free Xbox 360 Live FOREVER!" I mean I looked and kinda laughed at it but then I read it and the plan is not soo bad but it is a mess, the queston tho is Why isn't Microsoft going after the guy that wrote the book.

has anyone have done this? or is this a scam?[/QUOTE]
:imwithst:

lol

well it was $3.00 and I couldn't read it cause it was sealed so I said what the hey ill give it a try.

It was 5 Pages with pictures ;) lol.

I don't see how that could have been spread out over 5 pages. Are the pages small with huge print? And what are the pictures of?

Are they seriously selling a "book" that will show you how ICS? :lol:

NOTE: Your PC must be somewhat close to your xbox or xbox 360 in order for the setup to work.

[quote name='Diiz']Are they seriously selling a "book" that will show you how ICS? :lol:[/quote]

Yep, its wireless except with wires. What a fantastical secret!!!111

Read the sellers feedback for extra LOLs.

Someone should buy this dumfuc's "guide" and then turnaround and undercut him by reselling it for 99cents. :)

[quote name='brenglen']lol

well it was $3.00 and I couldn't read it cause it was sealed so I said what the hey ill give it a try.

It was 5 Pages with pictures ;) lol.[/quote]

...wow...

Check his feedback

Negative feedback rating
CRAP!

Buyer nissar_dk( 2 )
Dec-27-06 17:29 220061410582

Reply by powersellercorp: CRAP?! Give me a break n00b. Evry1 else loves it. Random jacka$$ from Europe

Professionalism at it's finest.............

Either way, it's sad how many people fall for this shit

I did this back when halo 2 was the crazy and I was poor (cheapass maybe?).
1. Withdrawl'd all money off my debit card
2. Registered a 2 month trial with that debit card.
3. 5 months later they finally terminated my account.

lol they didn't even warn me or say anything they just closed it off and I haven't heard anything from them.

[quote name='cyrix`']I did this back when halo 2 was the crazy and I was poor (cheapass maybe?).

lol they didn't even warn me or say anything they just closed it off and I haven't heard anything from them.[/quote]

Not legal-but very creative.

I've been living off the 1 month trial and 48 hour passes for the past three months.

Funnily enough the "gold" trials don't actually upgrade your account to gold, they just enable online gameplay.

I do have a 12 Month Trial lying around that I nabbed for $40 with a Camera, 200 points, and two Arcade games. Eventually I'll clench my teeth and use it. Hopefully before it expires.

[quote name='cyrix']I did this back when halo 2 was the crazy and I was poor (cheapass maybe?).

lol they didn't even warn me or say anything they just closed it off and I haven't heard anything from them.[/quote]
I sent in the thing for one free OXM mag that I got with my 360, then I marked the bill they sent me with "CANCEL" (as they told me to do), then the next month I recieved their Holiday issue.

Hopefully they don't start charging me for the subscription, or I guess I'm pretty much fucked.

Sucks, as I did mark cancel on the bill. Then again they might not send a collection agent to my house, they might just keep sending me free issues!

bread's done
Back