Just bought a PS2, need games ^__^

Riyonuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Whilst browsing in Toys R Us, I impulsively bought a PlayStation2, cost me about $110. I'm so excited, I bought Devil Summoner as well, it even came with some little plushie. Anyways, not to proud of how I bought these things on a whim. I'm trying to score some AAA PS2 games. I ventured to GameStop, but all the games were used, even the new ones and I can't stand used games. Can anyone give pointers as to where to find new PS2 games? I don't even care if their Greatest Hits. I'm mainly interested in RPG's. Was going to get God of War, as I've heard it's pretty good, but I also heard it's going to be re-made on the PS3 as a trilogy? That sounds like a better deal, when I get a PS3 in 2015 *rolls eyes*.

Best Buys usually have a couple laying around, otherwise you can always hit your friendly neighborhood amazon.

[quote name='Tyrannical']LEARN to like used games.[/QUOTE]

especially when buying an OLD console whose support is trickling to an end.

try k-mart, might find some good gems there

and if there's a GameCrazy nearby that is still open for business, they tend to have more sealed new PS2 games than their competitors (i.e. Gamestop)

Used games...they just bother me for some reason. Manuals all bent, cases warped, discs scratched...all when I can pay about 3 dollars more and get a brand new game...

If you like RPG's, the PS2 is the best system. Don't forget that you can play all the PS1 games as well as PS2 games.

I haven't played any PS2 games for a while, but as far as RPG's go, my favorites were Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Final Fantasy X and XII(didn't like X-2), and Dark Cloud 1&2. Also, you need to play Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Those are two amazing gaming experiences.

kingdom hearts probably the only game i would ever recomend on the ps2, you shouldn't have problems finding a game like that new in stores.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Used games...they just bother me for some reason. Manuals all bent, cases warped, discs scratched...all when I can pay about 3 dollars more and get a brand new game...[/QUOTE]

While those nitpicks are shared by me, you aren't going to have a lot of choice when it comes to a number of fun PS2 RPGs.

Anyway, I recommend that you look into the Ratchet and Clank series. Yes, they aren't RPGs but they are so much fun.

Persona 3 and 4 are a couple of PS2 RPGs that you can find new.

Xenosaga, Shadow Hearts, Final Fantasy X, for action RPG Balder's Gate, Summoner, and Champions of Norrath. Kingdom Hearts is trash and not a RPG. As for finding them new, on most things, you're around a decade too late...

Some Radio Shacks still have clearance games on the shelves. I picked up Shadow of the Colossus new for $5.97 and I saw a couple other ps2 games on clearance as well here in Chicago. YMMV

Okay, I'll see if I can tolerate used. Should I purchase from other members on this forum or from a B&M store? Trying to get the best deals.

Your best bet is usually to buy them off Amazon (I don't say Ebay, because I personally like Amazon better).

They have a very wide field of titles on Amazon for cheap as well. That's probably the best and easiest way to find games.

You're going to have to pick up Final Fantasy 10 and Final Fantasy 12. They are both AAA RPG titles. Just to start off with. Also get the Persona games as well.

You should definitely pick up Final Fantasy XII and Shadow of the Colossus from Amazon. These are two of the greatest games of all time, and they are both less than $20.

Don't listen to these guys Riyo, the PS2 still has the best games out of any system! Do play Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence, Robot Alchemic Drive, Yakuza series, Silent Hill series, and God Hand. I just got the original Persona 3 and soundtrack for cheap if you want it.

bread's done
Back