Just Cause 2, etc.- $20.88 + 20% Off with Big Lots Friends and Family Coupon

nlatimer

CAGiversary!
While I'm not sure of the full list of new games, or the nature of how to get the 20% off coupon, just thought I'd let everyone know that Just Cause 2 is available for under $20. I've been keeping my eye on it for a while, it didn't hit a sub-$40 price when I was still willing to pay that for it.

I know the coupon is available to the Big Lots Rewards members in the email newsletter, and I've heard in some local papers. Big Lots employees were also handing them out. I'm also not certain if its available all weekend or just Sunday.

It was $17.99 used at Gamestop for the past couple of months. Looks like the price shot back to 24.99 though.

Last time I was in my Big Lots they had Puzzle Quest Galaxtrix (DS) for 13.88, so ~$11 with coupon.

They also had a couple of Resident Evil Wii guns STILL. If they held, they are $15/$12 w/coupon. Very YMMV as are all Big Lots
fullsize.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up OP.

My local store got in a few copies of JC2. Picked one up tonight. $16.xx was good enough for me.

Also saw Kane & Lynch 2 for the 360

[quote name='rbarba4']Thanks for the heads-up OP.

My local store got in a few copies of JC2. Picked one up tonight. $16.xx was good enough for me.

Also saw Kane & Lynch 2 for the 360[/QUOTE]

Biglots had JC2 for what console? I hope ps3.

none of the many gamestops in my area had JC2 when it was on sale a few weeks ago.

[quote name='narec']Biglots had JC2 for what console? I hope ps3.

none of the many gamestops in my area had JC2 when it was on sale a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

It was for the 360.

Actually, this store didn't have any PS3 games. Going to check another store tomorrow and see if they have a different selection

[quote name='rbarba4']It was for the 360.

Actually, this store didn't have any PS3 games. Going to check another store tomorrow and see if they have a different selection[/QUOTE]

Yea, check around: mine has 360, PS3, Wii and DS.

[quote name='emperordahc']Yea, check around: mine has 360, PS3, Wii and DS.[/QUOTE]

Mine has a bunch of Wii/DS shovelware, and that's it.

[quote name='cagfansub']Is this like GTA4 (third person)?[/QUOTE]

The easiest thing to do would be to play the demo version, but yes, it's a third person sandbox game.

While this game is fun to mess around with i just wish there was more of a story line or side missions...or even online co-op. Features im sure will be considered in the next one

Blur is available for $20.88 as well. I was tempted to get it for 360 but I'll wait sub-$15 -- besides, I didn't have a 20% off coupon.

Saw 3 copies of Marvel Super Hero Squad as well.

Most of these games won't drop in price any time soon, if ever... Blur has been that price since a couple months before Christmas.

Anyway I'll head over today, mine has always had all their new stock of games so I wouldn't mind JC2 for under $20 and like somebody already said it's $25 at GS now and it never seems to be in stock...even when it says it is.

Went to a different store today and found Mafia II
iconxbox360.gif
and saw that they still had a TH Ride
iconxbox360.gif

Picked up Mafia II.

[quote name='rly723']While this game is fun to mess around with i just wish there was more of a story line or side missions...or even online co-op. Features im sure will be considered in the next one[/QUOTE]
While I normally don't agree with games needing multiplayer modes, this game screamed for a multiplayer free roam mode if nothing else. Just the ability to capture video alone could've made for some fun co-op moments.

The sheer number of secrets in the game(
including the island from Lost, a Mt. Rushmore doppleganger and many more;)
) should keep many people going for at least a year to find them all.

Mind you the flight controls for planes in this game sucked. I couldn't even count how many times I ended up having to bail from a jetliner cuz I pitched it too far in one direction and then overcompensated.:cry:

The only Xbox games the Big Lots I went to today were Shaun White Skateboarding and Marvel Super Hero Squad.

Unfortunately, found little in the way of PS3 games that didn't have "Lego" in the title. Came very close to picking up Saints Row 2, but realized I could probably get it other places cheaper, even after the 20%. I saw at least 3 games I would have bought, but they only had the 360 versions. Mafia 2, Just Cause 2, and Blur, which could be had for around $16.50 apiece.

Nothing new at mine, if stores really are getting new stock I almost have to assume they were holding it at mine past the 20% off coupon today... They usually get the new stuff in right away. Only thing I saw that caught my attention was Twin Peaks S2 for $6 that they've had for a while, oddly enough they had no S1's though.

Unless, that is, I was just missing them and they put them in an odd spot. My store is known for putting things in random displays.

bread's done
Back