Just Cause 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

I know I will like this game when I buy it later today because I am going into the game knowing the story does not take itself seriously. During the demo I was questioning the voice acting, but I keep hearing that the devs decided not to take the story seriously. The only gripe the demo gave me was that stupid fucking demo timer, but this game breathes new life into the sandbox genre. Don't get me wrong, GTAIV is a great game and all but it is really nothing new.

[quote name='eastshore4']I posted this on the PS3 thread a while back but it kinda fell off of the map so I'll mention it here:

You can ride the explosive tanks that shoot straight into the air(not the thin torpedo ones but the upright tanks). If you grapple on the very top of the tank Rico will stick on to it. You can then shoot it and fly up about a thousand feet before it explodes.[/QUOTE]

Isn't there a achievement/trophy for gaining a lot of air?

So I love this game but I run out of ammo like no tomorrow. Besides using the black market, what's the best way to get ammo? I thought my little factions would have supplies waiting for me there but i see none.

[quote name='KongaKing']So I love this game but I run out of ammo like no tomorrow. Besides using the black market, what's the best way to get ammo? I thought my little factions would have supplies waiting for me there but i see none.[/QUOTE]

Military bases have supply boxes.

Also, how are you guys running out of ammo? I have everything full and haven't purchased one item from the black market. I have close to 1,000,000.00 now because of that :)

I was able to get the invincible trophy last night by chance. I had no idea I was doing that well until the trophy popped up.

[quote name='seanr1221']Also, how are you guys running out of ammo? I have everything full and haven't purchased one item from the black market. I have close to 1,000,000.00 now because of that :)[/QUOTE]
I'm not really having ammo issue either. I really only use the guns I can pick up from the soldiers, so ammo isn't a big issue for me. If I need to do some real destruction, I pick up a Gatling gun since it is unlimited ammo.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']"Trophy"!?...GTFO this thread :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Let me see some of your youtube videos.

Oh wait ;)

[quote name='ufskenney']I'm not really having ammo issue either. I really only use the guns I can pick up from the soldiers, so ammo isn't a big issue for me. If I need to do some real destruction, I pick up a Gatling gun since it is unlimited ammo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never use guns to cause chaos. I typically go with a tank.

So, Im 21 hours and 21% into the game. Needless to say I am enjoying the game. It is basically what Mercs 2 should have been. As much as I love Red Faction Guerrila, I think it would've been a hell of a lot more badass if the main chara had Scorpio's grappling hook as well as the sledge.

Not to one-up Drbutchevil but I will see your Fire Engine on a tree and raise you a helicopter sandwiched in a building.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWDq1_i48eU

I am only 4 hours into the game and around 5% done. I get side tracked every time I start playing, The game is just plain fun.

I'm around 6.5 hours, 6% into it, and I'm loving it a lot more than i thought i would. The first one had pretty shitty combat, but JC2 has combat good enough to play, and causing destruction is a lot more fun than it should be. I've barely played any actual missions, too busy blowing shit up :)

[quote name='the_punisher']I'm around 6.5 hours, 6% into it, and I'm loving it a lot more than i thought i would. The first one had pretty shitty combat, but JC2 has combat good enough to play, and causing destruction is a lot more fun than it should be. I've barely played any actual missions, too busy blowing shit up :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Its so easy to get sidetracked and go on a killing/chaos frenzy. I'm also really enjoying this game.

I've never played the first Just Cause, but after playing the demo, I'd say this game is similar to Mercenaries. Fair comparison?

I was playing it for a bit yesterday and I'm a bit disappointed with the Takeover missions, seems like you have to find the collectible upgrades to get the takeover, which I didn't find particularly fun.

I think I preferred how the takeovers worked in the first game with the barricades.

I've not spent long with the game but my initial enthusiasm has ran out a bit, mind you the first 2 Agency missions were really good.

For those trying to get all the achievements, this one can be really tough. There is a bus that nobody seems to be able to find. The rumor is that there is one driving around on the entire map and nobody knows the route. Upcoming DLC and/or getting the LE game solves this problem since they give you more vehicles that count towards the 104 you need.

All I keep hearing about is how fun JC 2's open world aspect is.

The wallet is tight but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.

[quote name='ufskenney']For those trying to get all the achievements, this one can be really tough. There is a bus that nobody seems to be able to find. The rumor is that there is one driving around on the entire map and nobody knows the route. Upcoming DLC and/or getting the LE game solves this problem since they give you more vehicles that count towards the 104 you need.[/QUOTE]
is it the double decker bus?

[quote name='GUNNM']is it the double decker bus?[/QUOTE]
Yup it is a large tour bus (not sure if it actually double decker). It is called the Vanderbilt Leisure Liner. There is lots of discussion on various different gaming sites.

There is new DLC out today and it is free. Apparently, it is some sort of ice cream truck of doom. Counts toward the 104 vehicles needed for the achievement.

Thanks for the heads up. Will there be a bunch of DLC for this game?

I'm at 17% with 17 hours in! Yikes!

[quote name='Fjordson']All I keep hearing about is how fun JC 2's open world aspect is.

The wallet is tight but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'm fairly sure I will buy it from BB after my trade-ins process. I want to wait because I have so much to play, but I feel like I'm missing out!

[quote name='TC']Thanks for the heads up. Will there be a bunch of DLC for this game?

I'm at 17% with 17 hours in! Yikes![/QUOTE]
I'm also progressing at the rate of about 1%/hour. Sometimes I think they must have the timer sped up on the game since it doesn't feel like that much time has passed.

There is a bunch of DLC planned. Mostly looks like guns and vehicles at this point.

After discovering the joys of attaching a boat to a helicopter, I really, really wish that they'd add co-op support. They've already gone on record stating that they wouldn't, but man, it would be so badass. The possibilities are endless.

[quote name='Fjordson']All I keep hearing about is how fun JC 2's open world aspect is.

The wallet is tight but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.[/QUOTE] One good thing about this game is you will get your moneys worth out of this game. It's a very long game if you go for 100%.

6% in at 6 hrs. I am using the strategy of destroy everything from my base to the next mission location, then do the mission and repeat :lol:.

I'm loving this game. It's nice to see a game come out of nowhere with little hype and be so damn good. So much attention recently to other games and this is the one to buy. I have been telling all of my friends about this game

[quote name='TC']Imagine if this game had some sort of co-op mode[/QUOTE]

That would have been great.

I haven't bought it yet but was wondering how the different environments feel? Demo only had the desert, but the snowy mountains and the cities looked like a lot of fun. Is there anything particularly fun about switching locations or is it pretty much the same with a different backdrop? Or do you guys generally hang out in one or the other. Seems like spiderman in the city would be awesome.

I really loved the demo for this and I still play it every now and then. I was watching the giant bomb quick look and had no clue you could create lift by use the grappling hook. Gonna play this some more tonight. I am all over this when it drops below full price.

[quote name='TC']Imagine if this game had some sort of co-op mode[/QUOTE]

There's already talks of JC3 so hopefully they have co-op similar to Mercs 2 and/or Crackdown 2.

I bought it and entered the code immediatly. It showed me a pic when introducing the black mrkt. Can anyone tell me when this will be available? Is it like the 3rd unlock from BM? Also how does BM work, is it based on Chaos or upgrades?

Just finished the game, and I know that the game's about screwing around and not about the story, but there's only so much I can take of just parachuting around looking for boxes to level up weapons and cars I don't really have a use for anymore.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Just finished the game, and I know that the game's about screwing around and not about the story, but there's only so much I can take of just parachuting around looking for boxes to level up weapons and cars I don't really have a use for anymore.[/QUOTE]

I finished the game and felt the same way. I still had approximately 70% left in the game once I finished. That just seems way too much.

FYI, I got my UK Limited edition yesterday and the code is restricted so it didn't work on my US account.

Luckily I have a UK account and I was able to download the stuff...it now shows up on my US account list, but I'm not far enough in to be able to access the black market yet.

This game is a total blast! I wonder why it doesn't get hype like GTAIV did...it's amazing, flying over the islands in a helicopter and looking down at all the detailed environments is incredible. I feel like a kid with ADD whenever I play, I can't focus on one thing and keep jumping from one to another.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Just finished the game, and I know that the game's about screwing around and not about the story, but there's only so much I can take of just parachuting around looking for boxes to level up weapons and cars I don't really have a use for anymore.[/QUOTE]

I think the game is mostly great, but I agree with you there too. It's weird -- it's like you have a lot to do but you don't in some ways, because I felt a certain level of repetition the further on I went. Graphics and gameplay were great, I just wish some more thought had been put into the progression and story. I hated having to go hunting to unlock another level. And that kind of thing annoys me to no end, lol.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I think the game is mostly great, but I agree with you there too. It's weird -- it's like you have a lot to do but you don't in some ways, because I felt a certain level of repetition the further on I went. Graphics and gameplay were great, I just wish some more thought had been put into the progression and story. I hated having to go hunting to unlock another level. And that kind of thing annoys me to no end, lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost 20 hours in, and yes it's very repetitive. A lot of of the towns are the same, wandering looking for upgrade boxes just to complete a town gets annoying after awhile, and destroying the 60th water tower isn't as cool as the first. Still, it's an awesome game and i'm still having fun with it.

im loving the game, it can get boring just blowing things and not progressing. but then i just try to splice things up by flying a heli.

was this game made in another country other than USA. the game has a few spelling errors (like have organization and organisation) another thing being the lady from that one group who kept pronouncing comrades like COMRAIDS

the driving is totally better than the first, i hated driving a motorcycle in the first and that stupid controls. in this you can actually drive them (without the camera being a bitch)

the driving may be better and easier to control.. but why the hell is everything so slow dammit. i could swear i was parachuting faster to a location than when i was flying a military helicopter. every once in awhile my motorcycle/car/heli. would gain a speed boost and then would go back to feeling like i was driving AS slow as the other drivers.

me again (don't want to make a 4th) having fun 100%ing areas like crack is fun collecting the stuff as in crackdown. i spent an hour trying to get a car(s) to attach to an appearing airplane. its challenging for me. things like the car would drag wrong. i wouldn't get inside fast enough. the car would blow up near takeoff, i finally got it to work once but the car was a pinata and hit the plane and blew up. you think i would be mad but i was like :hot::applause:. the reason i was doing this was for easy stunt points

looks like square enix is doing a sweepstakes for ten thousand dollars http://www.justcausesweep.com/

Thanks for the heads up on the contest, makes my wish the 360 version had recording built in. May still try to make an entry, probably won't look pretty though,:D

Edit: Maybe not, I've got 5 days,lol

i spent an hour trying to get a car(s) to attach to an appearing airplane.
Are you talking about planes that take off from air strips? I don't know if it works with smaller planes, but if you go the airport you can pull in front of an approaching plane, hook your car to the plane, hop in, then drive towards the plane and wedge yourself up between the wing and the cabin. Basically you want to be in front of the plane instead of behind it when it starts to gain speed, this will allow you to take off while attached to the plane without blowing up or snapping the cable.

looks like square enix is doing a sweepstakes for ten thousand dollars http://www.justcausesweep.com
I've got a fantastic 2 minute video of my guy ragdolling down the highest mountain in the game.. that's probably not what they're looking for though. I've been trying for a long time now to hook a plane to a helicopter, dive from the helicopter, hop in the plane and fly away before hitting the ground, unfortunately I'm starting to think it's not just difficult but impossible due to the game's programming.

[quote name='eastshore4']
I've been trying for a long time now to hook a plane to a helicopter, dive from the helicopter, hop in the plane and fly away before hitting the ground, unfortunately I'm starting to think it's not just difficult but impossible due to the game's programming.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, that's exactly what I've been trying to do, and I agree that it's pretty much impossible. I usually try it by some village near the water where there are a plane and helicopter fenced off down the road, but I usually lose sight of the plane or get too far from it before hitting the water. I have managed to jump from plane to plane before, but I think with this you probably have to hope the plane doesn't spin too far over or else the game would probably just throw you off once you grappled onto the plane.

bread's done
Back